Problems Updating Exchange 5.5

Exchange 5.5 SP4 will not allow update rollup for Exchange server 5.5
to be installed. The error is "This system does not have version
number 2653. Instead, the version reported is 1960."   Exchange admin
shows the version to be 2653.23. Store.exe is version 2653.23.
Why would the update rollup think we have a pre-service pack 1 version
of Exchange?

Any Ideas?

0
fjleiter (1)

On 30 Apr 2007 04:07:27 -0700, fjleiter@gmail.com wrote:

>Exchange 5.5 SP4 will not allow update rollup for Exchange server 5.5
>to be installed. The error is "This system does not have version
>number 2653. Instead, the version reported is 1960."   Exchange admin
>shows the version to be 2653.23. Store.exe is version 2653.23.
>Why would the update rollup think we have a pre-service pack 1 version
>of Exchange?
>
>Any Ideas?

It could be :

the SP4 update didnt complete correctly and it needs to be re-applied.
3rd party software interfering ( Stop any and try again)
or simply a reboot to fix it.

0
adavid (8731)

WINDOWS 2003 Server sp1 AND EXCHANGE 2003
Whe have 2003 server and installed 2003 exchange Server. I want to install sp1 to windows2003 server.. Is there is any problem with SP1? What is the risk of the sp1 for exchange? Selim: I am running SP1 on a lot of different types of configurations and have had no problems. (Well, one, but that was due to an old version Dell OpenManage.) I made a couple of different blog entries recently about my experiences with SP1. You can find them at http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com. They are all pretty recent in my blog. But, here are some other suggestions. 1) Read all the re...

Sorting problem #5
I've got 3 columns I want to sort based on the middle column, something I've done many times. When I try to sort on this particular spreadsheet, I get an error message I've never seen: "This operation requires merged cells to be identically sized." I don't have any merged cells. I tried copying these columns to a new spreadsheet, got same error message. I'm using an iMac, os X, and Excel (for the Mac) 2004, v. 11.3.7. Thoughts, anyone? Ed Highlight all the cells in the sort range and Format | Cells | Alignment tab and ensure that Merge Cells is completely em...

Publisher2002 layout problem
I am making a 4 page flyer.. 11X17 foled in half to make a standard 8.5X11. How do I get page 2 and 3 to be a poster with no margins?? i have tried to reset the guides but when I print the margin is still there?? This is the limitation of your printer. Look at your printer's documentation. Unless your printer supports full bleed, you will have a margin. Your largest margin will be on the right in landscape mode. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cumberlandfamily" <cumberlandfamily@discussions.micro...

Check that corrective update from the MS Corp.
--saljbnwyqhdb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bxmtmdlub"; type="multipart/alternative" --bxmtmdlub Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gznbhdcpjj" --gznbhdcpjj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your compute...

Update Query with Parameter
I have an Update Query that asks for 3 fields with parameters. The first parameter [ID] is the criteria in the query to identify which record we are updating. The second and third parameters (city and state) are sending the new information to the table. However, sometimes I only have a city that needs to be updated where the state needs to stay the same as what is already in the table. If I don't fill in the 3rd parameter, the state is deleted from the table. How do I get around this without having to type the state in when the parameter prompts me? Thanks in advance....

File System Error 2 during IO on log file .. MS exchange 5.5
I am getting following message intermittently. MSexchangeIS (277) File system error 2 during IO on log file. Event id 163 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log Error -510 Event id 120 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log header 510 Event id 121 An error occured while writing to the database log file. Attempting to sop the Microsoft exchange Information store Event id 1111 Unable to create log . The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured or corrutpted. Error 510 ---> Because of the Exchange is not operative, i have to restart services. --> The same problem ...

Web Maintenance for MS Exchange 2003
We are looking for a product which lets our users (customers) maintain their Mailboxes, Public folders and some parts of their AD Accounts via the web. Many thanks for any recommendation ??? Does anybody know or has experience with a product called hostedexpress ??? EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Better posted in an Exchange group like microsoft.public.exchange.admin. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without readi...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Exchange and POP email in same profile
Gurus, Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine. The dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts. Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks! Yes its poss...

Simple problem importing a file using a macro
Hello Everyone, I am very new to Excel programming, but I have written a few simple macros before. However, I have never really worked with loading information out of a file and then saving it back. I have a series of text files which contain data that I want to import. I ran the macro recorder to import one file that I wanted where I wanted it, but I am now trying to automate the process. All the files end in .PRN. I write the name of the file that I want in the "A" row of an Excel spreadsheet, minus the ".PRN". The files are always on a floppy disk in the &...

Attachment problem #5
Hi, I'm trying to send e- business attachment from Outlook 2000 to Outlook Express, they get the email but not the attachment. They still can get any other attachment though. Any ideas why? Thanks "Shammu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298e01c3e108$931a53f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I'm trying to send e- business attachment from Outlook > 2000 to Outlook Express, they get the email but not the > attachment. They still can get any other attachment > though. Any ideas why? > > Thanks It's highly likely you are...

automatically update data validation selections
I've restricted user enter for certain cells to a named range. Fo example, the named range includes: Apples, Oranges, Bananas. Let's say a user selects "Apples". Then, the list is updated so tha "Apples" becomes "Green Apples". I want what the user selecte ("Apples") to now automatically reflect "Green Apples". I canno figure out how to accomplish this without using a combo box - but really don't want to use a combo box - just keep the user entry area a cells. Any suggestions with no code or a minimum of code are much appr...

Office 2011
Hi, I have read multiple posts about the issue Entourage has sometimes with deleting Exchange mail yet it can be viewed in OWA. I have that issue with the beta version of Outlook still.....it is such a brilliant application but now have this issue. I am connecting to Exchange 2010 but have run Entourage EWS against it and it worked perfectly. I am sure this is not a Beta a issue because this is an issue in 'old' Entourage and others are using the Beta perfectly. Any suggestions? Thanks On 27/04/2010 13:39, iFoggy wrote: > I am sure this is not a Beta a issue...

OPOS Problem to read codes Magellan 8100
Hi I'm trying to configure a Scanner Magellan 8100 on IBM SurePOS 700. I have install OPOS Version 1.96 and Tested the scanner from OPOS and this have comunication with the IBM SurePOS 700 I did correctly the configuration for the barcodes I download for the Magellan websites www.datalogic.com the manual to configure this scanner to read theses codes UPC/EAN and Codes 39 and 128. But when I finished setting up. This not read the Codes 38 and 128. this just read the UPC/EAN. every time when I restart the POS SurePOS 700 it's looks like the OPOS is resetting the setting of the scanner ...

Repost
Using VBA does anyone know how to retrieve the latest Forefront updates date? -- Steve ...

Money 2003's Internet Updates corrupt causes shares transaction
Since Monday (20 Aug 2007), when I do a Internet Updates, my shares transaction records appear to get corrupted. I observed that this seems to happen to shares with a "split". I never have this problem all these years until now. I would appreciate if someone can help. -- Sitt Sen This is the same problem that I am enquring about, and it started on the same date. I do not think that it is corruption. I saw somewhere that it has something to do with "Tickers" having dots or no dots.... But I can't seem to find much more info, yet. "sittsen" wrote: ...

16 GB Limit in Exchange 2000 Standard
I read a few articles in which the Exchange Information Store could not be mounted because it was larger than the 16 GB limit. There was a registry edit to allow you to change the size to 17GB temporarily and then mount it. I am wondering if the latest Service Packs allow you to grow the store larger than 16gb, thus not allowing it to be mounted?? Also I had a question I posted ealier about my queues in exchange not expiring. Most of them NDR to outside domains. The dates to expire has already past but they don't disappear. I know I can probably delete all the queues but I would rathe...

Exchange upgrade #4
I have an Exchange server that has been having some issues and it has been decided that it shall be upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. I am looking for the best way to approach this. We are looking at scrubbing the existing machine as it has been acting a little "flakey" lately so this won't be just a straightforward upgrade. Here is our current plan of attack: Upgrade server to 2k3 and get a good backup. Scrub old server and install fresh instance of Exchange 2k3. Restore information to newly installed box. We don't want to loose any info so I need to know wh...

Problems copying from PDF file
When I copy an object from an Adobe Reader file and paste it into a Publisher file, I have two problems: object loses its sharpness and when I print it out, it prints out in a solid black block. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you. What happens if you copy and paste into an editing program and save and then insert into Publisher. What happens if you select "paste special" and designate a specific format? What is the resolution of the picture? Where did you get the PDF? Do you have an URL? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

problem with SetTimer()
Hi All, I've a problem with SetTimer function. I've wrote this code: class myClass { void CALLBACK TimerProc( HWND hWnd, // handle of CWnd that called SetTimer UINT nMsg, // WM_TIMER UINT nIDEvent // timer identification DWORD dwTime // system time ){ //some code.... } myClass() { SetTimer (1, 1000, (TIMERPROC) TimerProc); } } the compiler returns a conversion error for 3th parameter of SetTimer (TimerProc) help me, what's wrong ?? System info: - Visual Studio 7.0 - Windows XP SP2 Make TimerProc() static. class myClass { static...

DST update
Hi, we have updated all servers and exchange servers with updates 926666 and 930241 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930241) Since all servers are ok except for the main cluster we use. It has two Mailboxe stores, one is mounting ok and the second one not. When i try to mount it manually i receive that error: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation on the Information Store. ID no: c1041723 Of course i use a domain admin account enabled that has never had issues before mounting stores. The very strange thing is that it is possible for mailboxes contained in that m...

bcc problem
I have a Mac (snow leapord) with entourage 08 and when I change the "from" address, I can't send to anybody using bcc. If I leave the from address as me, and put in a destination address via bcc, it works fine. If I put an email address in the To: field and one in the bcc field, and change the from address- the email goes through to the To recipient, but not the bcc recipient. If I open the sent message in the sent folder, I can see the bcc address. Summary: I can't send any email bcc if the "from" address is changed. Anyone seen this? Goes throu...

OWA
When my OWA clients go to reply to an email....the new reply window opens but can not type a reply..instead there is a box with a red "X" like there is a picture missing. Basic login works just fine....seems this problem is only with the Premium client Any ideas? THanks Steve [Exchange 2003/Win 2000] Check the Windows XP installation if the is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit\ a triedit.dll and if they registred. After you do this i think your problem is solved. br Michael Formann "Steve-O" wrote: > When my OWA clients go to reply ...

Exchanged cached-mode
Is there a way to tell from the server if a client is running Outlook 2k3 in "exchange-cached mode"? Is that what the "client mode" tab is in ESM? if so, what do the different values mean? Also,(sorry, I know this is alot of questions),but is this information kept in the user's inbox somwhere? Can it be viewed somehow? Thanks alot! On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 07:53:01 -0700, tkern <tkern@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to tell from the server if a client is running Outlook 2k3 in >"exchange-cached mode"? >Is that what the "...

Active Directory and Exchange
Can I have Active Directory and exchange on the same server and CRM on a seperate server. Or do I need AD and exchange on seperate servers. You can put both AD & Excahnge on the same machine. Depending on the network size and amount of email traffic, this is usually not recommended. but for a smaller environment this is fine. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:03:20 -0700, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Can I have Active Directory and exchange on the same server and CRM on a sepera...