Problems Updating Exchange 5.5

Exchange 5.5 SP4 will not allow update rollup for Exchange server 5.5
to be installed. The error is "This system does not have version
number 2653. Instead, the version reported is 1960."   Exchange admin
shows the version to be 2653.23. Store.exe is version 2653.23.
Why would the update rollup think we have a pre-service pack 1 version
of Exchange?

Any Ideas?

0
fjleiter (1)

On 30 Apr 2007 04:07:27 -0700, fjleiter@gmail.com wrote:

>Exchange 5.5 SP4 will not allow update rollup for Exchange server 5.5
>to be installed. The error is "This system does not have version
>number 2653. Instead, the version reported is 1960."   Exchange admin
>shows the version to be 2653.23. Store.exe is version 2653.23.
>Why would the update rollup think we have a pre-service pack 1 version
>of Exchange?
>
>Any Ideas?

It could be :

the SP4 update didnt complete correctly and it needs to be re-applied.
3rd party software interfering ( Stop any and try again)
or simply a reboot to fix it.

0
adavid (8731)

Outlook will not login to Exchange 2k server
I'm running Outlook 2002 on a WinXP box, new build. The user is on a roaming profile and can log into their Exchange email from just about any other box. On the box in question, after logging into the domain successfully and running Outlook, Outlook keeps on asking for her login information again and says that it is invalid. The Exchange 2k server was an upgrade from Exchange 5.5 last April so I don't know if the Outlook is for some reason looking for the old Exchange 5.5 server somehow, but her profile works on other boxes. Any ideas? Thanks! Ken Wheeler kwheeler@netlink...

Connecting to boxes moved from 5.5 to 2003
I have a small organization, with about 60 clients and I'm working on an AD converison. I worked with a consultant to setup a new AD domain with the requisite trust with my old NT domain and the ADC. I have no problem moving test boxes over to the AD/Exchange03 machine, but I am not certain what the next steps in the process for accessing the moved boxes should be. I though I could simply "enable" the moved accounts I see in AD Users and Computers, but even after resetting pw's and enableing the acct, I am immediately challenged with a bad pw/username error when I atte...

StretchDIBits shrink image problem
hi all, When I use StretchDIBits to shrink image from 352*288 to 176*144, it shows the image with red lines, dots. Is there any way that I can do to show a good image after shrinking? >From myphone, it uses StretchBlts and it shows good picture. But when I use StretchBlts, it doens't show any picture at all. Please advise. regards, peggy On 9 Apr 2007 00:28:18 -0700, "peggy83" <teopeggy@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there any way that I can do to show a good image after shrinking? >>From myphone, it uses StretchBlts and it shows good picture. But when >I use Str...

Outlook 2003 HTML formatting problem
After upgrading clients to Outlook 2003 we've started to experience a strange problem with emails formatted in HTML. The scenario goes like this. 1. A local user creates an HTML formatted email and sends it to an external recipient. 2. The external recipient replies to the original message. 3. Originator replies to the reply 4. The external recipient receives the HTML formatted email with portions of the text grossly enlarged. 5. Upon review, it would appear that the external HTML client dropped a (.) changing the font size from 10.0 to 100 causing the enlarged text. Editing the HT...

Monitoring Users Mailboxes
As Admin, I have been asked to monitor a users mailbox. Our network consists of 5 domains (has 5 mailservers, with my main server retrieving the mail from our ISP and then distributing it to the other servers ). This user is in a different domain than I. My Outlook 2000 can't access the mailbox. I gave myself Admin rights to this persons mailbox. I have tried many ways to open the mailbox. I have logged onto the other domain from my PC and tried to configure Outlook to connect to the other domain mailserver but it always says it can't open the information store or there is...

Exchange 2003 and DC
I've just inherited a network setup where the DC and the Exchange 2003 is on the same box. I've built another box as an additional DC. I want to run dcpromo on the exchange server and make it a member server only. Are there any ramifications in doing this and how do I install the exchange connector on the new DC? TIA, Dylan Taylor Changing the role after Exchange 2003 has been installed is not actually supported. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Dylan T...

Exchange 5.5 relay Prohibited Auth checked
I have an Exchange 5.5 server. I have Rerouting open with Users and clients the Authenticate checked. It has been working fine for a year and now all of a sudden my pop3 users get a 550 relay prohibited error when sending mail. It works if I uncheck "users and clients that Authenticate". I don't want to leave it wide open. I know their user names and passwords are correct. What could cause this to all of a sudden stop working? What changed? Did you add or change a firewall? The reason I ask is that firewalls that do any sort of mail handling, where they accept then forwar...

Taste this correction update from the M$ Corporation
--mzszzijjcrpyg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="roksqlmvjctqrkh"; type="multipart/alternative" --roksqlmvjctqrkh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fcngbncdxbzcpbov" --fcngbncdxbzcpbov Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from ...

Update Outlook Profile Outgoing Mail Server Settings
I need to create a PRF file that is generated on the fly for my users to just update the outgoing mail server settings for already present profiles - is this possible? If so, is it possible to do this for all versions of Outlook (2000, XP, 2003, Express)? Does anyone have any hints on how to accomplish this? Thanks, Jason Not possible. A PRF file can add a new Internet account, but it cannot = modify or delete an account.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programmin...

Exchange 2003 Load balance and cluster
We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? Oh yah. I guess my question is that if it is possible to run the laod balance and the cluster on the same two servers "Ashu" wrote: > We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for > exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? No,does not support NLB and cluster on same machine! You should rub cluster with your exchange 2003! -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Ashu" &l...

Mouse select problem
I keep running into this problem from time to time. My mouse will act as if the shift key is pressed and selects everything between the current cursor position and the click. This manifests in VBA, in fields on the Property window and in query designer. If I restart Access the problem goes away. Sticky keys are off. Access 2003, XP Pro If I remember correctly this also happened in previous versions of Access This happens when you keep the shift key pressed for too long at a time. There is a solution to undo it that I forgot. You could search for it. My solution -- get out of the ...

Exchange + ntbackup information about
I have a small reality with a SBS2003 server. This is my question: Ntbackup let me backup C: (drive where i have all... exchange included) but... if i make a backup of c: without stop exchange services can i damage databases (public and private)? I know I can use backup "store information etc etc..." but, if possible, i would can extract single exchange databases... Thanks in advance for answers... massimo On 13 Apr 2007 04:10:01 -0700, "massimo" <massimo.carradori@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a small reality with a SBS2003 server. > >This is my question...

exchange 2010 disk recommendation
Hi all, We have f/C SAN storage. We have exchange 2003 now with around 800GB data with RAID 5, lo on RAID 10, 9 mailbox stores, around 680 users, online mode. (no any limit set up here as it's not allowed. We are going to move to Exchange 2010. Will it still recommended that DATA and log on RAID10? or use RAID 5 for data and RAID 10 for LOG? Thank you. On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:00:01 -0800, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >We have f/C SAN storage. We have exchange 2003 now with around 800GB data >with RAID 5, lo on RAID 10, 9 ...

XMLSerializer problem, class inside class
Hi, I'm having a problem with XMLSerializer, I have classes like the following: [Serializable] public abstract class EulerObject { private Rectangle rect; private string guid = ""; public virtual Rectangle Rect { get { return rect; } set{ rect = value; } } public string GUID { get { return guid; } set { guid = value; } } public abstract void Draw(Graphics g); public abstract EulerObject MakeCopy(bool sameGuid); } [Serializable]...

How do I copy my calendar from Exchange to another?
Hi, My department is becoming a company of its own so we're getting our own Exchange Server 2003. We're currently on our parent company's Exchange 2000 machine. Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my calendar to the new machine? Thanks, Sam "Sam" <sam@globalwebcentral.com> wrote in news:OqAjOpW2DHA.1740 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my > calendar to the new machine? One calendar? Export it to a pst file and import it into your new mailbox. Multiple calendars...

Having some problems saving excel files
I had a Excel file that was worked on using a Office XP machine, and know it is back on my Mac. Know everytime I save I keep on getting this message everytime using Office 98 for Mac. "This file was created using a later version of Microsoft Excel. If you save this file using Microsoft excel 98, information created with features in the later version may be lost." I have tried the following. 1) Saving as a new file and renaming it 2) Saving as Excel 5.x, and then back to Excel 98 3) deleting the Cell comments that I created in Excel XP, and redoing them in Excel 98 Thank...

Move Exchange to new server
Hello all Currently we have exchange 2003 sp2 installed on one of our 2000 DC\GC We have bought a new server that we will dedicate to Exchange only. After I move all the mailboxes, public folders, and system folders from the DC\GC\Exchange box to the dedicated server, can i then remove Exchange 2003 from the 2000 DC? If so could you please point me to the article on how to move exchange to another server, and how also how to remove exchange ? The dedicated server running Exhchagne will be 2003 sp1. We have 3 2000 DC in the forest that i will upgrade to 2003 Thanks Follow this artic...

Warning 1025 on exchange 2003 enterprise server
Hi Just today I saw a warning showing up in application log of my exchange server. I have exchange 2003 enterprise server with sp1. It is running on a dual processor server with storage connected to it. Since the upgrade from 5.5 (a month back) everything has been going very smooth. I tried to find a solution for this warning on Microsoft KB and eventid.net but cannot find the real cause/solution for 2003 exchange as all those Kbs are for 2000 or 5.5 exchange. The error exactly looks like this: Source: MSExchnageIS mailbox, Type: warning, category: general, eventid: 1025 An error occurred on...

problem with fonts using Word as editor #3
All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What is one to do? Leo Leo Kerner <l.kerner@sympatico.ca> wrote ... > All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check > mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What > is one to do? Since you keep asking, I'll reply with my first reaction to all word-as-email-editor problems: don't use Word as your email editor. It's a simple and 100% effective solution to this and a whole host of ot...

Problem with Executable File generated using Debug Build
Hi All, I am facing a really wierd problem. I am working on a project in which I have implemeted a GUI for controlling laser microscopes. Everything was going fine till I added support for Filter Wheels. The program compiles perfectly fine. Runs perfectly fine if I run it using Microsoft Visual Studios. But When I try to run the program by double clicking on its icon in the debug folder, the program shows that main frame and then hangs. The problem was not there before I added the code for filter wheels. I am placed all the DLL files in the debug folder. Could any body help me out. Regard...

where on Exchange 2000 do you set distribution size limit?
I have a client who wants to create a large distribution list. I know it's a setting on the Exchange server but where? thanks in advance! ...

exchange 5.5 admin tool
can i manage exchange 5.5 from my win 2000 laptop ?If i can where do I find the admin tools. Pls be specific about where I can find the tools. Thanks On Exchange 5.5 installation media. Run setup.exe from there, deselect everything except admin prog, apply Exchange SP4 on laptop and you should be fine. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > can i manage exchange 5.5 from my win 2000 laptop ?If i > can where do I find the admin tools. Pls be specific about > where I can find the tools. > > Thanks ...

IF function #5
I am having trouble with this function. Here is the formula i am using IF(h=1,C9). What is going on is that when h is not equal to 1 i returns a FALSE reading. Instead of the FALSE statement, i would lik the original number to stay. I want to keep changing h and have th readout look something like this: 1 -143 2 -182 3 -198 4 -199 5 -190 but like i said, when i change h to something other than the number i the formula it gives me the FALSE reading. Can you help. You can emai be at brett.richard@bakeroiltools. Thank -- brett409 --------------------------------------------------------------...

software update problem in $2007 H&B
I've installed Money 2007 H&B and my location is China.Then every time I launched the program,it says something like "To operate correctly,click 'ok' to let Money download the software update." But if I click 'OK',after it download autoupdate.dll(.cab) and autoupdate.xml,it alarms "A software update is already in progress.Please try again when the update is complete." How can I solve the problem ? By the way , can i download the software update manually? I'm having the same problem, and i cannot find the update on microsoft's website...

Installation Problem for Outlook Sales for CRM 1.2
I installed the Outlook Sales for CRM 1.2, however I cannot see the details of accounts, orders and etc. When I debug, I found the problem is that there is only one file(dmUpdate.xml) in folder of "\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client\res\Web\_xslfiles". All the files such as 1_Update.xsl and so on were not copied. When I copied them from CRM Server, everything works fine. Is it a bug in the Outlook sales installation package ? Thanks Drew ...