Problem with "Send as", when using "send on behalf of" in Exchange 2000.

I'm not able to set the "Send as" permission on a mailbox. The problem
is that the access right is not present in "Mailbox Rights" ?.

I have 2 users, A and B.
All mail to B is forwarded to A, and B has added A to "Send on behalf of" in
Active directory users and computers / Exchange general / Delivery options.

When not being able to set the "Send as" creates the following problem:
    If A reply to a mail originally send to B (which is automaticaly
    forwarded to A) , the receiver sees A as the sender.

Any idears.

Thanks in advance
Bo Jacobsen

0
bo372 (13)

327000 HOW TO: Grant "Send As" and "Send on Behalf" Permissions in Exchange
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327000

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "Bo Jacobsen" <bo@systemhouse.dk>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>Subject: Problem with "Send as", when using "send on behalf of" in
Exchange 2000.
>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:06:03 +0100
>
>I'm not able to set the "Send as" permission on a mailbox. The problem
>is that the access right is not present in "Mailbox Rights" ?.
>

>I have 2 users, A and B.
>All mail to B is forwarded to A, and B has added A to "Send on behalf of"
in
>Active directory users and computers / Exchange general / Delivery options.
>
>When not being able to set the "Send as" creates the following problem:
>    If A reply to a mail originally send to B (which is automaticaly
>    forwarded to A) , the receiver sees A as the sender.
>

>Any idears.
>

>Thanks in advance
>Bo Jacobsen

0
rroddy (682)
1/21/2004 8:47:55 PM
I have tried this. The problem is that when pressing the reply
button in Outlook, it always replies as the user/mailbox the email
is placed in.

As an example, if you run Outlook with a number of POP3 accounts (no
Exchange connection) pressing reply apparently
makes Outlook look at which mailbox the email was send to, when deciding
which address to place in the From field of the reply. In this way, the
reply
will always have the from field filled correctly.

When using the Exchange service Connection, it looks as if Outlook ignores
all information present in the mail. It just fills out the from field with
the address
of the mailbox the mail is in. very frustrating.

Bo Jacobsen

> 327000 HOW TO: Grant "Send As" and "Send on Behalf" Permissions in
Exchange
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327000
>

> Thanks,
> Richard Roddy
> Microsoft Exchange Support

rights.

> --------------------
> >From: "Bo Jacobsen" <bo@systemhouse.dk>
> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
> >Subject: Problem with "Send as", when using "send on behalf of" in
> Exchange 2000.
> >Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:06:03 +0100

l.t-online.de!t-online.de!newsfeed.icl.net!newsfeed.fjserv.net!news.tele.dk!

news.tele.dk!small.news.tele.dk!news100.image.dk!news000.worldonline.dk.POST
> ED!not-for-mail
> >
> >I'm not able to set the "Send as" permission on a mailbox. The problem
> >is that the access right is not present in "Mailbox Rights" ?.
> >

> >I have 2 users, A and B.
> >All mail to B is forwarded to A, and B has added A to "Send on behalf of"
> in
> >Active directory users and computers / Exchange general / Delivery
options.

> >When not being able to set the "Send as" creates the following problem:
> >    If A reply to a mail originally send to B (which is automaticaly
> >    forwarded to A) , the receiver sees A as the sender.
> >

> >Any idears.
> >

> >Thanks in advance
> >Bo Jacobsen

0
bo372 (13)
1/21/2004 10:12:41 PM
A will need "send as" rights on B's mailbox, and use the From field to put
in B's address when 'send as' is required.

Bo Jacobsen wrote:
> I'm not able to set the "Send as" permission on a mailbox. The problem
> is that the access right is not present in "Mailbox Rights" ?.
>

> I have 2 users, A and B.
> All mail to B is forwarded to A, and B has added A to "Send on behalf
> of" in Active directory users and computers / Exchange general /
> Delivery options.
>
> When not being able to set the "Send as" creates the following
>     problem: If A reply to a mail originally send to B (which is
>     automaticaly forwarded to A) , the receiver sees A as the sender.
>

> Any idears.
>

> Thanks in advance
> Bo Jacobsen

0
lanwench (7567)

send as, vs send on behalf of
Hi IT family, We have an Exchange 2003 server public folder and we were using the send as feature, but when someone deleted the public folder, we now have send on behalf of rights. This is a problem, because the name of the account appears in the From column. What do we have to do to send mail from a public folder, without the receiver observing the individual's account that sent the message? I put the public folder in the from section, and I am able to sent, but the receiver viewes the mail as "on behalf of". Thanks! -- MCSE: Security, CCNA, A+, Network +, Security+ ...

"Send on Behalf of/Send as" Woe's
Hi Guys, I have a really weird problem going on with Send as permissions. A while ago I set up some users and allowed them to send on Behalf of an email address assigned to a public folder. (Went to the folder properties in system manager and added the to the delivery options pane, and also added the in the directory rights pane and the administration rights pane, on the permissions tab within folder properties) The Send as works fine for these users, they can use the "From:" button in outlook and send as if the mail is coming from the email address assigned to the Public fol...