Problem with Exchange Recieve connector

I am having a problem with Exchange send&recieve connectors when trying to
get and send email from an non Microsoft Mail server.

I use Exchange 2007 Sp2 to send email to smart host that without any
problems. When I try to recieve email from this mail server by using a
recieve connector it fails. What are the necessary steps to be taken to
diagnose the problem? The other server uses POP3 protocol to recieve mail.

Is your firewall configured properly to allow SMTP to your Exchange Server?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"mcakir" <mcakir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having a problem with Exchange send&recieve connectors when trying to
> get and send email from an non Microsoft Mail server.
>
> I use Exchange 2007 Sp2 to send email to smart host that without any
> problems. When I try to recieve email from this mail server by using a
> recieve connector it fails. What are the necessary steps to be taken to
> diagnose the problem? The other server uses POP3 protocol to recieve mail.

0
John
11/18/2009 4:44:23 PM
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 06:38:02 -0800, mcakir
<mcakir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having a problem with Exchange send&recieve connectors when trying to
>get and send email from an non Microsoft Mail server.
>
>I use Exchange 2007 Sp2 to send email to smart host that without any
>problems. When I try to recieve email from this mail server by using a
>recieve connector it fails. What are the necessary steps to be taken to
>diagnose the problem? The other server uses POP3 protocol to recieve mail.

Does the smart host use an anonymous or authenticated connection to
the Exchange 2007 server? Is the smart host expected to send only
messages for domains in your Accepted Domains list, or is it expected
that your Exchange server will act as a SMTP relay for the smart host
(I don't think it does, but it's best to ask).

It might be a good idea to create a 2nd Receive Connector and accept
connections only from the IP address of the smart host. The default
Receive Connector doesn't accept anonymous connections and it's not a
good idea (I think) to allow them on the default connector which is
unrestricted in what IP addresses it will accept email from.

If the smart host is expecting the Exchange server to act as a relay
server and it uses anonymous SMTP sessions then you'll have to add an
additional permission to the receive connector to allow anonymous
relaying.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

Exchange 5.5/RPC
Has anybody else noticed RPC failures on their 5.5 servers since the last months' RPC Rollup patch? We've had several of our 5.5 servers fail with Outlook client's but continue to work with OWA mailboxes. No error logs, takes a reboot to fix. ? K ...

Problem on sending emails

Exchange 5.5 reply SMTP address
Hi, Recently I experienced strange problems with my Exchange 5.5 SMTP addresses. Every time I try to set/change Reply Address for any recipient, it is SELF changing to address like 'alias@...' in several minutes. Unfortunately my boss has his mailbox alias different than our company standard :-) Could anyone help me? Regards, Adam Krajewski On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 21:08:39 +0100, "Adam Krajewski" <akrajewski@astercity.com.pl> wrote: >Hi, >Recently I experienced strange problems with my Exchange 5.5 SMTP addresses. >Every time I try to set/change Reply Address f...

Emails not coming in to my Exchange sever 2003
I have an exchange 2003 server .Since this morning all emails sent to me from the outside are not comeing in .I am able to get internal email's.Any Help will be helpfull. can you telnet to your server on port 25 from the outside? check the incoming queue. Guy wrote: > I have an exchange 2003 server .Since this morning all emails sent to me > from the outside are not comeing in .I am able to get internal email's.Any > Help will be helpfull. What you want to do is verify all the services on Exchange are working correctly and nothing outragous on the eventvwr. If you ch...

Server Side Autoreply Exchange 2003
Hi, In our company we move our email addresses from "@company.com" to "@newcompany.com" Management wants that if somebody sents an email to the old address, that he / she gets informed that this email is no longer valid and where they should send their emails to. (we switch also the mail system so forwarding or anything else is not an option) I checked the possibity of rules and created a server side rule which answers to every email send to this address. This works well, but i want to prevent creating mail loops e.g. if somebody sents an email and has his out of office ...

Problem starting different http connections from the same application
Hi, I have a multithreaded application in which one thread sends a request to a web server -and reads the response for a while (which is why its a separate thread). The other thread needs to send data periodically to the server - but this is where I run into problems. In the method that the second thread uses makes a new session , gets a new connection, creates a new http file - but fails to send the data. Looking at the ethereal captures, it seems that the second thread is sending requests through the same tcp connection that the very first request (that hasn't returned yet) we...

GP10 Smartlist problem output to Excel 2010
When we see the listing in the Smartlist, we click the button with Excel logo, to export the listing to Excel, but GP prompt with error message :Unable to start Microsoft Excel http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4100/errorw.png This is the newly purchased workstation. This is the first computer that is come with Microsoft Office 2010 version, the rest are still using Office 2007. And this new computer has never been successfully launched Excel from the Smartlist. We are wondering if the Office 2010 STARTER edition can work work with Dynamics GP 10 with FP1 SP4. Please advice ...

Moving Exchange Database to a Remote location...
Hi I was on the forum a while ago asking if it was possible to run a Primary Exchange Server with 40 Users at our main site and a Backup Exchange Server at our remote site (disaster recovery site)... and keep the Backup server up to date or in sync with the primary... I know that there are various pieces of software that can do this job and they are expensive... Would it be possible to do this with EXCHANGE 2003 (and no 3rd party software)...? Does it have the ability to sync a remote site...? Many Thanks Colin "Colin A" <colin.albright@XXXvaluelink.co.uk> wrote: &g...

Problem in Microsoft Outlook Express
Dear, I have a problem in Microsoft Outlook Exprees, the problem is that when i want to see the attachment attached with my receiving mails, the paper clip sign shows but when i tried to open it the attached file is not highlighted another thing is that when i tried to forward that attachment, the attachment is glow and it can be open what can i do? Hi Ahmer - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert an...

Problems with printing booklet
My printer stopped after printing page 1 & 4 of a booklet (outside and back cover). I tried to print the inside of the booklet (page 2 & 3), but it does not print it correctly. Does any one have an idea of what to do? Thanks. Hi Glenn Thomas (glennt@jam.rr.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || My printer stopped after printing page 1 & 4 of a booklet || (outside and back cover). I tried to print the inside of || the booklet (page 2 & 3), but it does not print it || correctly. Does any one have an idea of what to do? Thanks. Can you tell us what doesn't pri...

Combo Box problem 02-15-10
Hi I have 3 tables and 3 associated forms in an 2007 access database. On each form is a combo box "Name Search" so that one can input 2 or 3 letters of a surname and get a drop down list of names matching the input. All three Combo Boxes were set up in an identical manner using the wizard. The Main Menu has three buttons where you choose which table (or dbase) you wish to query. I now have a situation where 2 of the 3 combo boxes will not accept input (i.e. do not work) If I copy the Row Source from the one combo box that always works to one of the other two...

Outlook XP and Windows ME Problem
Hi, I am running Outlook XP on Windows ME. All of a sudden when I try to download mail, the progress bar comes and says receiving 0 of 97 messages and just hangs there. After a while the whole outllok and my computer is not responding. Any ideas on why it is happening or how it can be resolved? ...

Exchange 5.5 #11
Basically, I have two different locations with AD replication between domain controllers via VPN. We also have an exchange server 5.5 installed in locations A for example. The plan is to have another exchange server in location B. The reason for that is users are complaining that getting emails from the exchange server in Location A is extremely slow. What I want to know is there a way to syncnorise email boxes on the two servers considering that we will be using exchange 5.5 on both sites. If not would exchange 2000 / 2003 do the trick? Please note that the domain controller in sit...

File level backup of exchange server
Hi We are using an offline backup (via internet). This backup only does a file system backup of the exchange folders. My questions is what are the implications of this sort of backup? Would restoring exchange files be a workable way to restore exchange when we need it? Thanks Regards "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23yyArBCeKHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > We are using an offline backup (via internet). This backup only does a > file system backup of the exchange folders. My questions is what are the &...

how to copy messages from exchange server to inbox
I need to copy the old messages from the exchange server mailbox to the users' computer, this is because we are no longer using exchange server anymore but pop3 and we would to completely move from exchange server.Please advise. Probably best posted to an Exchange group but you can always use exmerge = to export the mailboxes to .pst files and then open those in Outlook.=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratchin...

removing Exchange 5.5 when the server has been gone for over a yea
I have taken over the administration of a Exchange 2003 server. The old 5.5 has been gone for over a year now. I was having some trouble with the public folders still waiting to rep. to the 5.5 server. I start to remove the rep. to the old 5.5 server and now I am getting alot more files trying to rep. over. Everything that had to do with the 5.5 server is grey out. How can I get ALL of this cleaned up and stop the 2003 server from trying to rep to the 5.5 server that is not there. Please help, this thing is eating my disk space alive. Hi, Are you trying to view the 5.5 server th...

Problem with Instantiating classes
I converted an Access MDB multi-user application to a client/server application. The classes are no longer working. I checked to see if a variable was declared using the class name and then I checked to make sure that the class is instaniated by setting it equal to a New Class Instance. I keep getting an Error 91. If I set the instantiation in a loop for two to three times to instantiate the class it works fine. Has anyone run into this type of problem? ...

Problem enabling a button in a toolbar
Hi all.. First of all, this is a MDI application in Visual C++ 6.0. I have a docking control bar that contains a dialog. I placed a toolbar on that dialog with one button at the moment. The problem I have is that I could never enable the button. I tried WM_KICKIDLE message but even when it is received correctly by the dialog, and enabling the button there, it continues appearing disabled. The button has its handler in the dialog (since it is the parent) To make another try, I placed the button handler in the child frame, and the button appears finally enabled, and when I press it, the hand...

CRM Connector for GP Install error
I have installed the CRM and Dynamics GP adapters and am trying to install the Integration Server adapter and receive: "setup was unable to connect to Microsoft Great Plains Adapter. Please make sure that you have installed MS GP Adapter before installing MS CRM Connector for MS GP" I have GP 9 running on W2K3 with SQL2005. CRM 3.0 Server on W2k3. Integration Server is also W2K3. I can connect to CRM from all 3 servers Thank you -- Ryan Hi Ryan, It's been couple months that I have used the microsoft GP and CRM connector, unless Microsoft change it to support SQL server...

Warning Startup form problem
I recently asked a question about using a form to give a warning msg if an event was happening on the day my db was opened. I believe 'Allen' kindly supplied me with the necessary info and the form works fine if there is an event on that day however if there are no events I get nothing at all and would actually like another form/the switchboard to startup?/ I have tried various if statements to no avail can anyone help please. It would really help to see the code you're using to pop up this warning form. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/pos...

Strange problem about register window class
I want to register two window class in winmain.But when registering the second window class,VC7.0 reports an error.The error code is 87 - parameter error.But the parameters of both WINCLASSEX are the same except the wndproc and wndclass name. When compiling with bcc55,it's OK.When compiling with cygwin-g++-4.1.2 it's the same as VC7.0. If assign wc.hInstance with reinterpret_cast<HINSTANCE>(&hInstance) ,it's OK.Why?What does &hInstance mean? Below is the code: // cl register.cpp -link gdi32.lib user32.lib // g++ -o register.exe register.cpp -mwindows #include <...

Outlook XP SP3 and Winmail.dat problem
Hi, any news about RTF editor and Winmail.dat attachment files ? The problem is that if you use RTF or WORD to write emails and you attach some file, the receiver has a Winmail.dat file instead of the original file attached. thanks regards Davide This is normal since RTF is a proprietary format for Microsoft Outlook. Internet Email programs like Pine, Outlook Express, Eudora, The Bat!, .etc can't unwrap the binary stream in order to display the message as it was original formatted. Best option is to switch your message format to plain text or html and consider disabling Word 2002 as ...

Getting external data problem
Hi In the External Data Range Properties, there are 3 options for 'If the number of rows in the data range changes upon refresh:' I want it to stay on option 3 - Overwrite existing cells with new data, clear unused cells. but it keeps defaulting to option2 - Insert entire rows for new data, clear unused cells. I am using Excel 2000 and my data is from Access 97. Any ideas?? Steve ...

WM_MOUSEWHEEL problem!
I created a window as following /////////////////////code m_pSecondWnd = new CWnd; m_pSecondWnd->Create (m_lpszSecondClassName, NULL,WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_HSCROLL | WS_VSCROLL, CRect (0,0,0,0),this, 1005); OldProc = (WNDPROC)::GetWindowLong(m_pSecondWnd->m_hWnd, GWL_WNDPROC); ::SetWindowLong (m_pSecondWnd->m_hWnd, GWL_WNDPROC, (long)ScrollProc); /////////////////////code ends However, I cannot catch the WM_MOUSEWHEEL message in the ScrollProc. Why? No one know this? Please google the 100,000 or so web pages on making good newsgroup posts. -- - Mark...

Problem syncing MS Messaging Library to iDisk
Version: 2004 Processor: Intel Since installation of Snow Leopard I get the following message iDisk error message several times per day. I don't know what it means, or what I have to do to correct the problem. The message is:"There is a problem syncing the file 'MicrosoftMessaging Library.bundle1' The destination does not support symlinks. Try compressing the file first." This message is always followed by a nearly identical message that references MicrosoftMessagingLibrary.bundle2. Thannks in advance. Any <Driver_Dude@officeformac.com> wrote: > Since install...