Problem with Exchange HTTP virtual server..pls help

Hi,

I created Exchange Virtual Server using ESM & the same is not getting
reflected under IIS..
What could be the problem here? pls guide...

At present, i have 2 Exchange Virtual Servers (http servers) under Protocols
> HTTP section of ESM. However, when i open IIS i only see Default Website?
Also, i am unable to start/stop newly created Virtual Server using ESM as
these options are grayed out.

Any help appreciated.
0
JackDorson (167)

I would re-write my query in more detail as follows :

Hi,

I have my scenario as follows :

1 Front end server

1 Back end server

Front end server has 2 ip addresses (logical ip addresses) to create two
websites for owa for different domains; or two Exchange Virtual Servers using
ESM.

I created addiational EVS called EVS 2 using ESM (under Protocols > Http). I
created this new EVS using different IP address but same port (port 80 ). I
then created Virtual Directory called Exchange for the domain.

After creating EVS 2, the same is not reflected under IIS.

What could be the issue here? Also, is Front-end server limited to using
Port 80 ? I cant change port 80 to something else as it give me an error
stating 'Front-end server is restricted to use TCP port 80...'

any help appreciated...

desperately looking for help please...

thanks

"Jack Dorson" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created Exchange Virtual Server using ESM & the same is not getting
> reflected under IIS..
> What could be the problem here? pls guide...
>
> At present, i have 2 Exchange Virtual Servers (http servers) under Protocols
> > HTTP section of ESM. However, when i open IIS i only see Default Website?
> Also, i am unable to start/stop newly created Virtual Server using ESM as
> these options are grayed out.
>
> Any help appreciated.
0
JackDorson (167)
9/26/2006 10:14:02 AM
The settings get transferred from ESM to the IIS Metabase by a process
named MSExchangeMU (MS Exchange Metabase Update) - see if you can see
any errors related to this in the server's Event Logs.

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

"Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would re-write my query in more detail as follows :
>
> Hi,
>

> I have my scenario as follows :
>

> 1 Front end server
>
> 1 Back end server
>

> Front end server has 2 ip addresses (logical ip addresses) to create
two
> websites for owa for different domains; or two Exchange Virtual
Servers using
> ESM.
>

> I created addiational EVS called EVS 2 using ESM (under Protocols >
Http). I
> created this new EVS using different IP address but same port (port
80 ). I
> then created Virtual Directory called Exchange for the domain.
>

> After creating EVS 2, the same is not reflected under IIS.
>

> What could be the issue here? Also, is Front-end server limited to
using
> Port 80 ? I cant change port 80 to something else as it give me an
error
> stating 'Front-end server is restricted to use TCP port 80...'
>

> any help appreciated...
>

> desperately looking for help please...
>

> thanks
>

> "Jack Dorson" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I created Exchange Virtual Server using ESM & the same is not
getting
> > reflected under IIS..
> > What could be the problem here? pls guide...
> >
> > At present, i have 2 Exchange Virtual Servers (http servers) under
Protocols
> > > HTTP section of ESM. However, when i open IIS i only see Default
Website?
> > Also, i am unable to start/stop newly created Virtual Server using
ESM as
> > these options are grayed out.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.

0
Lee

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Need help with Auto Filter

How to restore entire server?

help with simple maths in excel

Help with income/expenses

Need Query Help

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

DNS Error on Exchange

Border problems

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Can anyone help ?

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...