Problem with Email Addresses in Our Domain

Exchange Server 2003.  We just moved our entire organization's email from an
outside server to our own Exchange Server.  We used to be able to send email
to recipients of the form "first.last@goodnewsjail.org" or
"first.last@mail.goodnewsjail.org."  Now when folks send to
@mail.goodnewsjail.org, their messages get stuck forever in the
"mail.goodnewsjail.org" queue.  The queue never empties.  What do I need to
do so that people can use either @goodnewsjail.org or @mail.goodnewsjail.org
on their recipient addresses?  Thanks for the help.
--
Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry

Have recipient policies for both domains.  Make sure external DNS for both
domains have the appropriate MX, A, and PTR records.

"Chaplain Doug" <ChaplainDoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Exchange Server 2003.  We just moved our entire organization's email from
> an
> outside server to our own Exchange Server.  We used to be able to send
> email
> to recipients of the form "first.last@goodnewsjail.org" or
> "first.last@mail.goodnewsjail.org."  Now when folks send to
> @mail.goodnewsjail.org, their messages get stuck forever in the
> "mail.goodnewsjail.org" queue.  The queue never empties.  What do I need
> do so that people can use either @goodnewsjail.org or
> @mail.goodnewsjail.org
> on their recipient addresses?  Thanks for the help.
> --
> Dr. Doug Pruiett
> Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
> www.goodnewsjail.org

0
John

Word problem
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Word will not let me insert a bibliography into my word document. When i go onto document elements - it is not allowing me to click as it is shadowed - ???? Since you don't specify otherwise, start with the basics: 1- Make sure Office is fully updated to 12.2.4 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated to 10.6.3 3- Repair Disk Permissions 4- Restart your Mac Confirming all of that it will make it possible to determine how to approach the problem. Until that's all done it's pointless to chase symptoms. Regar...

VPC- Customization export problem
Hi, I'm trying to export customizations of CRM 4.0 (using the MS VPC image) to a stand alone system (onpremise). Export is failing with a message stating the language conversion failed and it says 1031, 1036, and 3082 are not supported on the production machine. VPC has German language pack and in the Settings -> Languages section three languages were enabled. Disabled those languages and did a fresh export, still no use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keshav On 18 d=E9c, 22:42, keshav...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to export customizations of CRM 4.0...

web address help
whats the web address for outlook so i can sign on? I have it stored on my home computer but dont have it here thanks Outlook doesn't have a web address unless you use an Exchange server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64da01c3e61b$58282fc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > whats the web address for outlook...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

HELP!! Viewing email images

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

slow emails
We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we have one user on one machine that her emails take awhile to process, up to 3hrs possibly. She is running outlook 2002, with all updates as of 10/9/03. I have figured in the past that it was just the other servers the mail was going through that was slowing it down. But when she uses, another persons acount on another machine it runs fine. Is this and outlook/machine problem, a server problem, or a problem that is out of my hands? Or is there a problem at all? >-----Original Message----- >We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we ha...

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

email set up in publisher

Trouble sending emails #2

Send/Receive Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. I cannot get Outlook to check for Email at regular intervals. I have the my Outlook set to Send and Receive all my accounts every 10 minutes but nothing happens. The only way I can receive Emails is by manually using the Send/Recv button or pressing F9. Can anyone offer any help. In case it is relevant I am using Norton Internet Security 2003. PWS Not sure it it Yor problem, but Outlook has some problems with Noroton Antivirus runing and chekking e-mails. As far as I know, Outlook may stop recieving e-mails from POP3 servers due to very le...

multiple revieve of emails
I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on server Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some > cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other > cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on > server Usually caused by 1) Send/receive interval too small or 2) server timeout value too small or 3) rules that don't contain the "stop processing more rules...

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

auto forward problems
I setup a 'contact' for 5 existing users in Exchange 5.5 Administrator. I give the contacts the desired SMTP address where they want their mail forwarded to. I set the corresponding 'contact' as the 'alternate recipient' for each of the 5 as detailed in Q255697. 2 of 5 work, the other 3 do not. When sending to each of the 5, 3 return undeliverable stating "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients." Any ideas? -adam Adam SK wrote: > I setup a 'con...

Excel problem #3

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

small problem
hi every body; i wrote a program that it has error ;plz help me :( using System; namespace ConsoleApplication45 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red; Console.WriteLine("***********"); for (int i = 0; i < 1008; i++) { Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.DarkCyan; Console.Write(" "); } move(); // ***********error is for here***********************************************...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...