Problem with a Distribution List in side the Public Folder

Dear All.We have Exchange 5.5 SP3 and we have made one distribution list in
a contacts folder under the Public Folder.After few months Users are  unable
to save a new Item inside the distribution list and I get this error
message:"The item could not be saved to this folder, the item has been
deleted or moved or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy
to the default folder".I made a search on Google but the problem It seams to
be different from the other since the users have owner access to the folder
and the folder is still there.Do you have any idea to help meThanks in
advanceCarlo

0
Carlettus (2)

Is there a size limit on the folder.  I know this occurs
when the limit is reached.

Jacqui

0
anonymous (74722)
11/18/2003 11:30:32 AM
Hi Jacqui,
there is no limit to this folder.
Thanks for your message

Carlo

"Jacqui Hurst" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a size limit on the folder.  I know this occurs
> when the limit is reached.
>
> Jacqui

0
Carlettus (2)
11/18/2003 12:57:50 PM
How many members in the DL? There is a limit, but I don't have it handy....

Carlettus wrote:
> Dear All.We have Exchange 5.5 SP3 and we have made one distribution
> list in a contacts folder under the Public Folder.After few months
> Users are  unable to save a new Item inside the distribution list and
> I get this error message:"The item could not be saved to this folder,
> the item has been deleted or moved or you do not have permission. Do
> you want to save a copy to the default folder".I made a search on
> Google but the problem It seams to be different from the other since
> the users have owner access to the folder and the folder is still
> there.Do you have any idea to help meThanks in advanceCarlo

0
lanwench (7567)

Limitation of Outlook Pesonal Folder
Hi Guys, Can you give me a reference where I can find information about limitation of personal Folder of MS Outlook? If its possible that the information was stated the maximum size (GB?) Thanks, Mark Here is a link to an article that talks about the Personal Folder file size limitation for Oultook 97-2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;296088. Outlook 2003 has a much larger limitation and here is a link to an article that discusses its limitations, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;830336. I hope this information is helpful. Robe...

How to shift address listings from row list to columns?
I have a mailing list with name, address, city, state & zip with each item in individual rows like a list of labels and a few empty rows of space between each listing. How do I create/transfer this list into columns accross so I can sort by city or zip? Thank you! If your data is nicely grouped, with each group in 5 lines, viz: name add city state zip then an earlier suggestion given which worked might be worth a try: See: http://tinyurl.com/wgcb -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email --...

High score list?
How do I create a high score list for an everlasting soccer tournament? Perhaps something along these lines .. (Only takes 5 mins to set-up <g>) Assume the table below is in Sheet1, cols A to C, data from row2 down Game# Scorer Goals 00001 ABC 1 00002 XYZ 3 00003 ABC 3 00004 XYZ 2 Put in E2: =IF(B2="","",IF(COUNTIF($B$2:B2,B2)>1,"",ROW())) Copy E2 down to say, E1000 to cover the max expected number of rows of data in the table Col E will flag and assign uniques in col B with an arbitrary row number (for us to extract the list of unique scorers in Sh...

Not in list where cbo is null ie. tab through
Hi knowledgeable gurus, I have made use of "not in list" but in this instance I know that the record doesn't exist & as such I want to just tab through but invoke the "Not in List" sub. Can I do that in a before update without duplicating the whole code? What should I be doing as I don't want to add extra buttons etc You can just call the NotInList code directly with CALL Yourcbo_NotInList but I would lean toward executing a similar but different procedure. You can not pass the Response variable to the procedure so the code will almost certainly be...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

avoiding duplicate in list
Dear All, I have created a list with a name for ex A1 : A25 named as number in this number list there are few numbers repeated i want to list the date without duplicating. I want to list the above date in a cell (using DATA >> VALIDATION >> LIST Cud plz help on this... Thanx and regds. CNP -- chinaprasad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chinaprasad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8621 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267171 Hi see: http://www.cpearson....

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Problems with reading date/time format from SQL server
Helo! I made a pivot table. I get data from external source - SQL server. On of the columns is date/time type. For some reason unknown to me, Exce doesn't read this dates correctly. Instead of dots between months an days it puts little squares .. ?!? I opened the same file on m coworkers comp. and it works just fine. If anyone has already encountered this and knows how to fix it .. plase reply. thnx j -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There may be some difficulties getting external data properly into Excel. If not done correctly you cannot use the data in formulae e....

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

validation list or combo box dependant on cell value
Am i able to determine the values shown in either a validation list or combo box being dependant on a value in another cell? ie: Cell A1 = BOB then validation or combo box would then base it's list from the named range (or whatever the solution may be) based on Bob. if i was to change A1 to ROY then it would also change the underlying list? I have tried everything that i think SHOULD work but that it pretty limited... thanks in advance rich I'd start with Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Richard Edwards wrote: > > Am i able to deter...

Contact list not recognized as an address book in outlook email
I installed Outlook 2007 on my computer and imported my addresses from my other computer's Outlook file with excel. The contact list shows all the addresses but I can not access the contact list when I try to send an email. The address book drop down menu does not show anything. I tried to do the "properties" on the contact file, selected the tab "Outlook Address Book" and I am not allowed to check the box to "Show this folder as an address book". I am hoping someone can help me get this resolved. Thank you in advance If you have Contacts in...

Problems performing a restore to a SAN drive
We recently move our message stores to SAN. I've tried to perform a restore to a recovery storage group on the SAN and am not able to do it. We use Ultrabac as our backup application, but I've tried NTBackup also and am getting the following errors in the App logs: Information Store (3576) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreGetDestination ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not found. and Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is e0d4e0af-f91a-490d-9b40-47e27b9fb714. Database speci...

Distributing money into "accounts"
Back in the day when the paycheck would come in, I would get out cash and place various amounts into various envelopes for different purposes (e.g. $200 for groceries, $50 for electric bill, $50 for vacation, etc.). Now that it's the 21st century and I've started using Money, I was wondering if there was some way to do something similar to this in Money. For example, let's say my paycheck gets deposited into my bank account. Can I automatically have it add amounts in various "accounts" each month (similar to my envelope system described above)? Then when I add transac...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Drop Down List #4
I am trying to insert a drop down list in one worksheet. I have a list of names on worksheet 2 that I would like to drop down. The directions from Help are hard to follow and there seem to be missing steps. HELP See Debra Dalgleish's website for good instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Particularly, the "Name the List Range" section Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Kerry Anne" wrote: > I am trying to insert a drop down list in one worksheet. I have a list of > names on worksheet 2 that I would like to dr...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

Apply current view to all folders
Hi, I would like to apply a certain view to all sub-folders within my inbox and would like to do it without having to go to all my folders. I have many sub and sub-sub folders. I have looked and looked for an 'apply this view to all folders' button or the like but can't find. Can anyone help?? Thank you, Tracy Rhodes ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Me again... bottom line.. How can I make every message and information look alike wit...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

email to Public folder gets NDR
When I try to send a message to PF I get a NDR and following message in Application log Event Type: Warnin Event Source: MSExchangeTranspor Event Category: Exchange Store Driver Event ID: 32 Date: 31.05.200 Time: 9:50:2 User: N/ Computer: XMAI Description The following call : EcLocallyDeliverMsg2 to the store failed. Error code : 1238 (Message-ID <C8F74733BF2C7E4888545664F83970FC47162D@xmail.1111.ru> will be NDR'd). MDB : 0a07ea5d-c42f-41d6-9b26-1b91ceddf4dd. FID : 1-41. MID : 1-23E6CB. File : . But some other users can send messages without problems.. What does this error code(...

Reinstall problem
I have a CRM 1.2 MSDN installation. I ran add/remove programs to un-install. Everything seemed to uninstall just fine. I then ran the installer again to reinstall. I wanted to use the existing database. I select the: "Connect to an existing database" options, click next then select my SQL server from the list. I then get a message: Setup could not find any valid Microsoft CRM databases on the server you have specified. You must select a different server. I know the databases are there. I can see them in enterprise manager. The system was working fine except for ...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

How to Restore Public Calendar Permissions
Most of the items on our public calendar were deleted. We restored the items by copying them from a .pst which was extracted from a backup. Sometime afterwards we found that users could not see items on the calendar until they displayed the previous month first and then the current month. Users cannot print items from the public calendar (it appears blank) and they cannot change items that they created previously. They are able to create new items. We've tried making everyone an owner just to see if anything changed but the results were still the same. I'm assuming that all ...

Rehoming public folders Exch5.5
Hi, Iinstalled a new Exch5.5 Serv into our existing site and decided to rehome public folders using Admin console and MS Article Q185043. Serv1 NT4SP5 Exch5.5SP4 is to removed from site Serv2 is the new server Win2kSP3 Exch5.5SP4. My question is why do all my public folders (hidden view) still show in the recipent container on serv1 after being rehomed 5 days a go to serv2 but under the public folder hierarchy all my folder properties state the home server as Serv2? The only step i havn't perform in the article is 'propagate these properties to all subfolders' and clear all optio...

outlook contact list
When i try and access my contact list, it says there are no items to be displayed. Same with the public folder employee contact list that everyone has access to. ...