Problem replicating Public folders

We have two Exchange Servers in the organization. One is running Exchange
Server 2003 Enterprise (Server A) and the other has Exchange Server 2003
Standard (Server B), both fully patched.

Contents of some public folders are being successfully replicated between
the two folder. For some reason, the other folders are not. When go to the
Replication Tab of these Public Folders, I get the following error message:

An unexpected, unknown error has occurred. MAPI, or an unspecified service
provider. ID no: 80040605-0000-00000000

ID no: c1050605
Exchange System Manager

We have paid support from Microsoft, but they have not been able to help so
far. I was not able to find anything online either.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,

Techie@BOSS

The 80040605 error indicates MAPI_E_NOT_INITIALIZED.  It may be a
permissions problem.  The PFDAVADMIN tool can check the ACLs on the public
folders and correct faults on them in many cases.  That's where I would
start.

"Techie@BOSS" <TechieBOSS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have two Exchange Servers in the organization. One is running Exchange
> Server 2003 Enterprise (Server A) and the other has Exchange Server 2003
> Standard (Server B), both fully patched.
>
> Contents of some public folders are being successfully replicated between
> the two folder. For some reason, the other folders are not. When go to the
> Replication Tab of these Public Folders, I get the following error
> message:

> An unexpected, unknown error has occurred. MAPI, or an unspecified service
> provider. ID no: 80040605-0000-00000000
>
> ID no: c1050605
> Exchange System Manager
>
> We have paid support from Microsoft, but they have not been able to help
> so
> far. I was not able to find anything online either.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Techie@BOSS

0
awebb7472 (650)

Mail to a public folder is set as IPM.Post instead of IPM.Note...H
Article ID: 292484, 830961 Running Exchange 2000 (Cluster) SP3 with August rollup (KB870540). The following articles point to a hotfix on Article 827555 but we already have the August 2004 rollup. Any suggestions on resolving this issue? Thanks Nelson Did you configure the registry key? You have to install the roll-up and then configure the following reg key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\<ServerName>\Public-<GUID> registry subkey with the value name Incoming defaults to IPM.Note and the value data 1 (one). If you've done that and ...

IE 8 developer tools problem
hello, I have this strange issue with IE8 Dev Tools. When I'm on any website I press F12 or from the menu (it doesn't matter) and the tool seem not to work. All I can get is this what you can see here: http://twitpic.com/1vh164 I've tried reseting IE to default settings, removing it from windows features and adding again but nothing helps :/ Any suggestions how to fix it? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or ne...

HP rp5000 problems
We have POS 2.0 running on an HP rp5000 machine. We have been struggling with a couple hardware problems either caused by the POS 2.0 software or the hardware itself. Specifically: 1) The receipt printer (A794) is periodically making 1/2" paper cuts. We had HP replace the printer, but it didn't solve the problem. At the end of the day we end up with 2 or 3 feet of cut receipt paper. We give it to the user and they roll it up and use it to remove dust off their computer screens. We think that perhaps it has to do with improper shielding in the USB cable. 2) When the POS softwar...

Audit Public folder content Deletions
Hi Is there anyway of tracking public folder item deletions? I know I can enable the medium logging in diagnostic logging but that only reports on deletions of the folder not the items within the folder. We have a few calendars and entries keep getting deleted. Permissions are already restricted but as we have a couple of hundred people who need to create and delete the contents this is not pheasable. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks Tec ...

Setting a default save folder for a template
I know how to set the default save folder in general. You go to Tools > Options > General and then change the default file location. What I would like to do is set a default file location for a specifi template. For example, I would like the default file folder for almos every file I make in Excel to be c:\MyFiles\ but whenever you begin new workbook from a particular template, the default file location wil be c:\SharedFiles\ Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advanc -- postitnote10 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- postitnote100's Pr...

Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool?
I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool for Outlooks 2003. It said that it was installed successfully but when I open Outlook and pull down the file menu there is no "Backup" item listed to choose as Microsoft's instructions say there should be. I tried it twice with the same result. Yes, Microsoft verified that it was a legal install of Outlook on my computer. Suggestions please. Bob did you reboot >I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup >tool for Outlooks 2003. It said that it was in...

SelectNodes and namespace problem cont.
I've read a lot of posts on this subject each with a slightly different issue and from what I gather my code is fine. But its not. I'm trying to pull out the SQL query from a SQL report document which looks something like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Report xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2003/10/reportdefinition" xmlns:rd="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SQLServer/reporting/reportdesigner"> <RightMargin>1in</RightMargin> <Body></Body> <TopMargin>1in</TopMar...

would i be able to get my gmail account folder in my outlook 2007?
Hi This is Ravi here. My concern is that i do have gmail account running in my outlook 2007 and the problem is that would i be able to get my all folders which is in my gmail account in my outlook 2007. I have checked all options but unfortunately, i can not find any option where i can get any option to activate my those folders as my gmail account is so important for me. I can say that it's my business. I want to use outlook anyhow. So can you being able to solve this problem? if you can, that would be highly appreciated for me. Thanks Ravi "Ravi Patel" ...

Forwarding Mail from Public Folders using OWA (Exch 2003)
Is there a way to forward messages from a public folder when using OWA in Exchange 2003? There is a reply to option, and I can find a forward option in certian windows but it is greyed. Sounds like a major limitation to me. John LeMay wrote: > Is there a way to forward messages from a public folder when using OWA > in Exchange 2003? There is a reply to option, and I can find a forward > option in certian windows but it is greyed. Sounds like a major > limitation to me. So I did some additional poking around. Seems this is "by design" according to MS: http://sup...

Problems with Outlook and Optimum Online
I have my Optimum Online e-mail account set up with Outlook 2000. I get in-bound e-mails fine, but even though my outgoing e-mails show as having been sent, they never get to intended recipient. Operating system is XP, Outlook version 2000 with all patches and updates applied. Any ideas? Other 3 computers in house send and receive fine, so it's some setiings on this particular PC. ...

Simple Currency format problem
Hi Friends, I want to include the dollar sign in my currency value with no decimal values.But when i do so I get the following: Through format cells->currency: $5,000 Directly through the currency sign on the toolbar: $ 5,000.00 But I need the combination of the two i.e. a dollar sign on the left edge of the column and no decimal places i.e.: $ 5,000 Can someone please tell me how to do this.Your help would be really appreciated. Thanks Mick -- mickscool ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mickscool's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

problem recieveing email with outlook 2k
Problem with local outlook 2k setup is : no inhouse server... outlook is setup as an acount and not "corperate"useing services.. i did run a scanpst on the pst file it uses and no problems found. Company email hosted on a outside POP server of which they have 5 accounts. In house they have 5 machines each useing outlook 2000. only 1 of these machines are affected in this manor. IF anyone of the other 4 or anyone outside sends (who we shall call) BOB an email where they put any person as the TO and BOB as the CC.. when BOB checks his email outlook 2k changes the TO and the CC t...

How to backup exchange data folder ?
I want to keep a good backup of my exchange 2003. I am looking for some instructions that stops the services, copy exchange public and private folder and other required data files and restart the services. Can I create something like that in a batch file and get the back every now and then ? I would really appreciate if someone please send me some instructions. A good backup? The best thing to do is backup the system state, etc, plus the actual Exchange information stores via an online Exchange 'aware' backup (either Windows Backup on the actual Exchange server itself or so...

problem with function Now()
Experts, I'm trying to add 14 days to the Now() function in a query but it's not working. I try using it in conjunction with DateAdd function with no success. Please help! "Not working" isn't very descriptive. What is happening? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Shiller" <shillerc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6a94cb4b-c083-4bb1-8575-f3b9cd91e363@n58g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Experts, > > I'm trying to add 14 days to the Now() function in a query but it's > not working. I try using it in conjunction with D...

ODBCDirect Problem In Access 2007
I am trying to connect to oracle database and i've tried using Microsoft Jet workspace and ODBCDirect workspace. Once i run the macro at microsoft office 2007 under windows vista and i get the error "Run time error '3847' ODBCDirect is no longer supproted. Rewrite the code to use ADO instead of DAO'". My coding is as following. Function PopulateListOfOdbcTableToLink(OdbcName As String, ByRef ListOfTables As Collection) As Integer Dim wrkJet As Workspace Dim dbs As Connection Dim tdf As TableDef Dim Atable As Variant Dim Rs As Recordset Dim AllTabl...

System Folder Replication
I am currently getting errors on my Exchange servers regarding system folder replication problems. Errors on Server A: Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event ID: 3090 Description: Error 0x80004005 occurred while processing an incoming replication message. Folder: (4-13) NON_IPM_SUBTREE\StoreEvents{42A76A8A-35C6-4F3E-9B4E-7C07D345295A}\globalevents Message: 1-173D0C, NULL --- : smex_reg_record : --- Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event ID: 3087 Description: An incoming replication message was not processed. Type: 0x4 Message ID: 1-173D0F Folder: (...

ExMerge Problems HELP!!!
I am trying to exmerge data from a corrupt store which ive manageed to remount but when i try and exmerge from the store to the newly created mailboxes ive created for the user i get "No users were found containing mailboxes in the database(s) specified. Please specify another domain controller in the domain containing the users. If users are present in more than one domain, do not specifya domain controller. In this case, the program will query the Global Catalog for the users that have mailboxes in the selected database(s)" Any ideas????? TIA Dan Orchard How did you build the A...

MS Outlook 2003 Problem
After connecting with my internet provider, I am finding that my downloads are timing out i.e. I have 20 e-mails to download & only 4 will download prior to timing out. Also, some of the e-mails are replicated / duplicated. I did a complete scan of my system and found no viruses. Suggestions? Hi John, maybe this could solve your Problem http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#17 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "John" <john_davies@tran...

outgoing messages are not saved in the Sent Folder
Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I have Outlook 2010 using Windows 7 (x64). Does anyone have a suggestion? What type of email account? Do you have more than one sent items folder in your profile? -- "Desert Rob" <DesertRob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B520073D-802C-4713-AE83-30C22F37FF5C@microsoft.com... > Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my > outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I hav...

Linker problem : PCH
Hi, I have a working project with the folllowing directory structure : project.dsp first.cpp second.cpp stdafx.cpp first.h second.h stdafx.h I would like to do the following thing project.dsp +include first.h second.h stdafx.h +src first.cpp second.cpp stdafx.cpp So I tried this and I have added include folder in my include paths but when I compile I still have the same error: fatal error C1083: Cannot open precompiled header and when I double click on this message it goes on include stdafx.h How can I modify the project settings ?? I have also tried to modif...

Export public folder adress book into Active Directory... OMA...
Hi we would like to export an address book from a public folder into active directory (contact object) in order to see contacts from OMA (oultook mobile access). Does it exist any other solution to view a adress book (or address book' contacts) which remain to a public folder from OMA ? The only the solution we found is to export this adress book into AD (creating contact objects...) But to do that we know we must user Csvde.exe but we don't know how to create a csv file from the adress book... Any idea or solution ? If all you want to do is be able to have OMA users view Public ...

Email problems
Ever since i upgraded to 2004, no one can receive attachments from my email, they receive an html code but no actual attachment, can anyone help? > Ever since i upgraded to 2004, no one can receive > attachments from my email, they receive an html code > but no actual attachment, can anyone help? Checi in the preferences that your encodings setting is on "MIME/Base64" and compression on "No". That's the usual answers. What was your previous email software? Are the recipients using Macs or PCs? Do they encounter the problem with any kind of attachmen...

problem with publlisher homepage
hello! well im having a heck of a time with publisher! my homepage fits inside the workspace for a 760px width page setup, but in order for the website to look centerd on the screen, i have to move it half way off the page setup in order for it to look like it is in the center of the screen.. witch is no good because i want to have some flash animations on the left and right side of the home page. so how do i center the homepage if i allready have it centerd on the outlines it gives me to work on? i guess thats my question. i really appreciate the help everyone thanks in advance!!! Pub...

The Folder is Full
When adding a Field (I currently use about 50 additional fields) to the top row in a Contacts view, Outlook comes up with the following error message (but no clue as to what to do): 'Outlook cannot display this view. The folder is full'. Please could you let me know what I have done and what I can do about this error report. Many thanks it could mean you have too many fields in the view... too many contacts (it starts at 16,000 and goes up, depending on the version) ... the deleted item folder needs emptied... your temp folders in windows are full. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP...

Uninstall problems
I hope someone can throw some light on this! Problem: the system keeps asking for the Works/Money CD Disk 1, so that it can install/configure. Objective: Stop the annoying messages asking for the CD to be inserted. Background: I deleted MS Money manually. (Not a good idea!) Apparently the computer came with it already installed, because we can't find the CD. Running Uninstall doesn't work. ...