problem receiving mails for remote clients.....

hai all,

we are using exchange 5.5 and we have 6 branches they all connect to
exchange server remotely using outlook 2000 with pop3 ip address
before everything ok from two days to what it is showing for clients when
they press send and receive

                downloading mail from '202.125.85.187'........

                   Receiving message 1 of 9

 Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review
the list of errors below for more details.

Receiveing mail on account 202.125.85.187  Failed

then in outlook
 in accounts properties in advanced tab  i increased server timeouts

even though the problem is same

please help me

thanks in advance,
shiva
0
Shiva1 (21)

Anything relevant in App Event log on server?
Can you reproduce the problem with Outlook on the same LAN as server?

shiva wrote:

> hai all,
>
> we are using exchange 5.5 and we have 6 branches they all connect to
> exchange server remotely using outlook 2000 with pop3 ip address
> before everything ok from two days to what it is showing for clients when
> they press send and receive
>
>                 downloading mail from '202.125.85.187'........
>
>                    Receiving message 1 of 9
>
>  Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review
> the list of errors below for more details.
>

> Receiveing mail on account 202.125.85.187  Failed
>
> then in outlook
>  in accounts properties in advanced tab  i increased server timeouts
>
> even though the problem is same
>
> please help me
>
> thanks in advance,
> shiva

0
kpalagin (1838)
9/6/2005 12:08:53 PM
thanks for u r reply sir
everything is ok in event log.
and in local lan they are getting mails without any interruption
i don't why this is happening .
and one more thing our remote clients they can access their mailbox's
through OWA then what could be the problem
please reply me sir
thsnks

"Kirill Palagin" wrote:

> Anything relevant in App Event log on server?
> Can you reproduce the problem with Outlook on the same LAN as server?
>
> shiva wrote:
>
> > hai all,
> >
> > we are using exchange 5.5 and we have 6 branches they all connect to
> > exchange server remotely using outlook 2000 with pop3 ip address
> > before everything ok from two days to what it is showing for clients when
> > they press send and receive
> >
> >                 downloading mail from '202.125.85.187'........
> >
> >                    Receiving message 1 of 9
> >
> >  Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review
> > the list of errors below for more details.
> >

> > Receiveing mail on account 202.125.85.187  Failed
> >
> > then in outlook
> >  in accounts properties in advanced tab  i increased server timeouts
> >
> > even though the problem is same
> >
> > please help me
> >
> > thanks in advance,
> > shiva

0
Shiva1 (21)
9/6/2005 1:32:25 PM
shiva wrote:

> thanks for u r reply sir
> everything is ok in event log.
> and in local lan they are getting mails without any interruption

You do not have problems fetching all messages from the same mailbox at the time
when remote users have troubles?

> i don't why this is happening .
> and one more thing our remote clients they can access their mailbox's
> through OWA then what could be the problem

Likely you have some kind of network connectivity problem. When this happens next
time ask one of them to
ping ip.address.ofyour.server -l 1472

> please reply me sir
> thsnks
>
> "Kirill Palagin" wrote:
>
> > Anything relevant in App Event log on server?
> > Can you reproduce the problem with Outlook on the same LAN as server?
> >
> > shiva wrote:
> >
> > > hai all,
> > >
> > > we are using exchange 5.5 and we have 6 branches they all connect to
> > > exchange server remotely using outlook 2000 with pop3 ip address
> > > before everything ok from two days to what it is showing for clients when
> > > they press send and receive
> > >
> > >                 downloading mail from '202.125.85.187'........
> > >
> > >                    Receiving message 1 of 9
> > >
> > >  Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review
> > > the list of errors below for more details.
> > >

> > > Receiveing mail on account 202.125.85.187  Failed
> > >
> > > then in outlook
> > >  in accounts properties in advanced tab  i increased server timeouts
> > >
> > > even though the problem is same
> > >
> > > please help me
> > >
> > > thanks in advance,
> > > shiva

0
kpalagin (1838)

setting the status programmatically on a custom entity
Hello, I have the following code which closes a custom entity (5 being the value of the status reason associated with "Close" in the "Inactive" state). THis code is ran in a pre-update plugin. SetStateDynamicEntityRequest request = new SetStateDynamicEntityRequest(); request.Entity = new Moniker(); request.Entity.Name = "lund_cheevent"; request.Entity.Id = CHEEventID; request.State = "Inactive"; request.Status = 5; service.Execute(request); The problem is that I receive the following error: "State Code...

Interesting Problem with System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteXmlReader()
A strang error is occurring when I run the following code: SqlConnection c = new SqlConnection(); c.ConnectionString = "Initial Catalog=Northwind;user id=sa;password=kat1ie;Data Source=server"; c.Open(); SqlCommand command = c.CreateCommand(); command.CommandType = CommandType.Text; command.CommandText = "select Customers.customerid, customers.companyname, " + "orders.orderid, orders.orderdate " + "from customers inner join orders " + "on customers.customerid = orders.customerid &quo...

Problems with outgoing e-mail
I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else I appreciate anyone's help. On Wed, 19 May 2004...

IMCEA
I am new to Microsoft exchange and am looking out for details on IMCEA (a.k.a. Internet Mail Connector Encapsulated Addressing). 1) The first very basis question is what is IMCEA. 2) How does routing happen when we send an email using IMCEA. 3) Does exchange strip IMCEA<type> string before send the destination address to connector or it sends it as is. E.g. Suppose I have a connector that can understand SMS address type. Now, using OL i send an email to IMCEASMS-123456789@localdomain.local. In this scenario, what will be the recipient addres in my connector? a) IMCEASMS-123456789@l...

Sending/Receiving Messages
I wanted to send and receive messages threw another email account online. Is it possible with microsoft outlook 2003? If I can't recieve my emails threw microsoft how do I send emails out? Your post makes no sense. Do you have the preferred account configured in Outlook? Does it work when using the Test Account Settings in the account setup? If not, what error message(s) do you receive? What type of account is this? If Yahoo! or Hotmail, you must have a paid account. If gmail, you need to read the instructions on their site to configure it. Outlook can be configured for multi...

Receivable transactions using Integration Manager
Hi, I'm new to Integration manager and while trying to import receivable transactions of type "invoice" into Great Plains using Integration Manager, I receive the following errors: ERROR: Field 'Customer ID' does not have a default value. ERROR: Field 'Distribution.Distribution Account' does not have a default value. I am using a tab delimited text file for import. Customer Id is of the format 000001 Distr. Account is of the format 9999-999-99-99-99 Can anyone help me with this. Check each one of your mapping and make sure it says 'use source' an...

Problem with comments
Have a strange problem with a computer I recently updated. I have been imaging computers in order to update several software items - one of which is Excel. The problem I have is with the users old excel documents which we transfer accross (Even those created with the same version). The workbooks contain many comments and these are unaffected - but when a user tries to add a new comment on an old sheet the comment will come up in very light grey and be impossible to read. If you create a new sheet in the same workbook comments are fine. How do you change comment colour for a sheet? It has st...

log-in problem
Hi All, I apparently shut off the power to my computer the other night before windows had finished logging off. Now when I go to start My Money program it gives me the following message: Money has detected that you did not close the file "My Money" before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. If your file is large this may take a few nimutes. Do you want to do this now? If you click no, you'll need to open a different Money file. YES NO Send Error Report If I click Yes or No, it keeps saying the e-mail address or...

Problems with "CommitFile" with EWF from Win XP embedded
Hello NG Maybe it's a little off-topic, but has anyone an idea, why the "EwfMgrCommitFile" Function does not seem to work? If I change a file, call the EwfMgrCommitFile function, I get a "successful" return code and everything seems to be OK, but if I restart the system, the file is old. Is there anything I forgot? Regards Eunet Eunet, Post your question to microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded. If you don't get that NG from your news server use the msnews.microsoft.com server. I also suggest that you provide more information such as which mode of EWF you...

Forwarding e-mail with rules from another e-mail address.
Hi, I have two e-mail accounts. Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the Company X's folder. Any ideas as to how to set up a rule for this? Thanks in advance. Just edit the Rule to add a move action. <moochito@invalid.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99cmp1pkc7qnp96bp4k72aiogvc11jntb4@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I have two e-mail accounts. > > Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other > e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the C...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

windows mail
My windows mail is not working, it will not let me send out any messages and this just started today, I was able to send out messages a couple days ago. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Thanks Diana, This newsgroup deals with Microosft Acccess, a relational database application. Your best bet is to try a newsgroup that deals with your particular email program. (Outlook? OutlookExpress?) -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll neve...

Problem refreshing subform
I'm having problems refreshing a local table in a subform. After selecting a new customer on the main form, my code is supposed to delete the records in the subform and inserts the current customer's records for display . The odd thing is that when I insert a breakpoint and step through the code line-by-line, the subform displays the new records just as I intended. But when I remove the break point, the subform remains on the previous customer. What is it about executing the code line-by-line that causes the subform to behave differently? "CDM" <CDM@discuss...

forecast report depending on quotes -> revenue change -> problem
hi, one of our subsidiary companies using crm 3.0 has commissioned a specific, complicated forecast report. this report is depending on quotes. now let us assume that a quote has been "migrated" to an order and is closed now. however from time to time they are seeing that the expected amount of order is lower than forecasted. now the forecast report is wrong as it is dependent on quote. how can this problem be handled without changing the forecast report (which is not wanted)? i.e. is it possible to somehow "fake" the system by entering negative amounts in an add...

Active Directory Problem
Hi Everyone, Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such, we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can no longer access CRM. I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate. How can I get back in to re-load my users? Thanks, Craig Hi, Did u check if the users were part of CRM groups created ...

Send/Receive #10
Since installing MSN-9, I am no longer able to send messages through Outlook. I use a dial-up connection and msn-9 web based email. What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? Do you get any error messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Mark Hildebrand" <markhildebrand@msn.com> wrote in message news:054901c3d08d$0dc1d9c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Since installing MSN-9, I am no longer able to send > messages through Outlook. I use a dial-up connecti...

problem in SDI when I close application
Hi, I have made SDI application . But the program crashes in CDocument destructor when I close the application . In this statement: m_pDocTemplate->RemoveDocument(this); I havent changed generated code of document and view class of SDI application. I am unable to understand why it happens. Please help. Thanks, Dhaval Define "crash". There is no such thing. There are exceptions thrown due to access faults or similar errors, and they occur in some specific place in the code; there are assertion failures, which always indicate a line of code. Your description doe...

Problem in setting Substitutes fonts to CButton
I developed an MFC application. It is setting fonts properly. But it is not setting fonts for Substitutes fonts like Arial CE, Arial CYR in Windows 2000. Also same font is working fine in edit box. Please let me know if you have any solution to it. Regards, Ganapathi ...

blocking incomming mail
How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my address book? Outlook version please??????? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, George asked: | How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my | address book? What version of Outlook do you have ? Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote: > Outlook version please??????? > > --=81 > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > > P...

Excel 2000: Regional date problem
We'e just upgraded from Excel 97 to 2000 and are having problems because dates in spreadsheets are showing in US (mm/dd/yy) format rather than in European (dd/mm/yy). This si true whether I use a standard date format or make a custom format. I've checked the regional settings in Windows 2000, and they are correct. I thought Excel picked up the default from here. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks in advance Alan I wasn't able to duplicate your problem, Alan. I switched to UK settings through Regional Settings. Then I opened Excel 97 and entered =NOW() in two ce...

labelflash problems
You'll need to copy the file gdiplus.dll l into your bin-directory.how do i do this Have you tried the support at labelflash? This .dll was included in Windows, have you looked on your disk? Help here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533798(VS.85).aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "countryfella" <countryfella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CA16383-2D50-4465-AF13-6F99962C607B@microsoft.com... > You'll need to copy the file gdiplus.dll l into your bin-directory.how do i > do this i have vista premium 32 bit os.i downl...

Problems Sending/Receiving Email
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3. Suddenly I've been having problems sending/receiving email. When I click the send/receive icon nothing happens at all. Nothing gets sent or received and no dialog box or error message pops up. I've also tried sending/receiving through the Tools menu and nothing happens. It's as though I never tried to send the message at all. If I restart my computer it "works" again. But I'm having to restart my computer several times a day in order to be able to check my messages! Any ideas? "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussi...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

Problem with versions of word and outlook
Hi My access app uses word and outlook references which I can not get rid of due to certain features that my app has. I have this problem that I need to send me app to various clients who have varying versions of outlook and word and thus my app fails to run. Is there anyway my app can find the versions of outlook/word at start-up and readjust links to appropriate versions of outlook/word before continuing? If not, is there another way to fix this problem? Many thanks. Any help would be appreciated. I am really stuck. Regards Whoa: no need to include so many newsgroups! Consider u...

Junk mail folder synchronization
Dear all, Our server is running win server 08 + exchange 07 and our staff use outlook 03. We all have two mailboxes in outlook, one is server mailbox, another one is pst file store in local pc. We have the email synchronize problem in junk mail folder that some of the junk mail auto synchronize to local pc mailbox but some of the junk mail received in server mailbox. Why some of the junk mail cannot receive in local pst mailbox? Is it having some problem on Exchange server? Thank you very much. Best regards, KenL "KenL" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:uM...