Problem Keeping Tasks Synced w/Multiple Computer

Hello,

I am currently managing an exchange server SP2 and I am having trouble
keeping multiple computers synced up properly. For example, I have
users which regularly use a desktop with outlook 2003 and occasionally
use a laptop. When the users turn on the laptop (which hasn't been
synced with the server for a few days) all of the tasks which were
marked as completed since the last sync reappear as uncompleted on the
server and hence on the desktop.

Does anyone know of a solution to prevent this?

Thanks for the help,
Bill

0
bkramer5 (1)

Pivot tables problem
i just created a pivot table and he first row shows an empty row then the second showed data in it why so any help. Your source data has some blanks in it -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Amin" wrote: > i just created a pivot table and he first row shows an empty row then the > second showed data in it why so any help. ...

Dual Boot problem after latest Windows update
I dual boot Win XP Pro SP3 with Win 7 RC1. Had no problems until yesterday 2-9-10. I downloaded the malitious software removal tool which went OK. I went back and downloaded the first 5 items in the list. I don't like to download to many at one time. Since a reboot was required I did that. I chose early version of Windows from boot up menu and was taken to safe mode screen. Chose normal startup, Win XP startup screen briefly appears and then reboots. If I choose Win7 from boot menu, Win 7 starts normally. No matter what I try to get into Win XP it goes into reboot and Safe Mo...

CComboBox Assert Problem
I have read the MSDN documentation and the Programming Windows 5th Edition, but cannot figure out how to resolve this. The parent creates the dialog and attempts to add CStrings to the combobox control: SaveAsXfileDLG SX(this); int numMeshes = g_MeshContainer->GetNumMeshes(); for (int i = 0; i < numMeshes; i++) { pStrmesh = g_MeshContainer->GetMeshName(i); if (!SX.AddNameToList(pStrmesh)) { SX.EndDialog(IDCANCEL); return; } } In the combobox class I have this: BOOL SaveAsXfileDLG::AddNameToList(CString* Cname) { static int ItemIndex = 0; CCom...

Problem Reading Reminders
Each time I boot up I get the following message, "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for the appointment." I thought at first that if there was only a problem with one, I could wait and eventually it would be archived and no longer appear. But it has given me that message for Months now. Any suggestions as to what to do? Rob Monroe ...

Multiple <> query criteria
I am trying to create a query to say I want everything from a table but not the following multiple reference numbers e.g. <>4000 <>3568 <>5869 <>1023 <>4759 If I do just 1 not criteria it works, as soon as i try to put more in it does not work. I have tried putting each one in on a seperate row and tried <>4000 or <>3568 or 5869 etc but neither works Any ideas? You should be using AND instead of OR. You want records where the value is NOT 4000 and the same Value Is NOT 3568 etc. You can also use this expression which is equiv...

Problem using two timezones
I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003, trying to use two time zones. The time display for both zones is correct when I initially set up the two zones; but if I swap the time zones, the first zone displays an hour less than it should. If I swap back, they're correct. What's going on and how do I fix it? does the second zone have the correct daylight time setting? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ O...

Exchange 2003 Problem after Windows 2003 SP Installation
Hi! We have Exchange 2003 (front-end and back-end). After we have installed Windows 2003 SP1 on servers we cannot create Mail-Enabled-Group in Exchange. We get error message: "Unspecified error" code="0x80004005" execut eSeqNo="28" How can we fix this problem? Best Regards Cicek ...

Hosted CRM w. exchange integration
Hi there, Found the post below from ages ago and am wondering if anyone has come across clever solutions for this situation? We have a client with their own domain with exchange, and a hosted CRM environment (citrix enabled) which only a single department of the company use - and we're trying to get some sort of connectivity between their email domain, and the CRM system. Ideally we'd like for them to have Sales For Outlook access from their desktops, which includes CRM email functionality. I realise the complications of this! The only potential solutions we've come up wit...

Outlook Web Access Problem
Hi All, Heres short version of my recent post. On accessing my Exchange Server Outloook Web Access from internet through a firewall from Windows 2000 client, I am unable to login and after 3 tries get "Error: Access is denied". Please refer to my recent post with subject for explanation to question "OWA Access Is Denied for Win2k Users on internet" Thank You, rawCoder Havent seen the other posts, but this is always a good place to start: E200x: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326303 5.5: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...

Recently Used File List Problem
I have Excel 2000. I have the recently used file list set to 6. During a session of Excel, it will expand from, say, 4 files to 5 (when I click on File/Open), but after I close Excel and relaunch it, it loses the last file opened and only shows 4. This seems to happen ONLY with spreadsheets from a particular folder. Others stay across sessions. What happened, and what can I do to get it back to working properly between sessions? Thanks. ...

Thorny problem graphing XAxis dates
Sorry, I'm not really sure how to state this question succinctly. I have data in an MSAccess Db re medications and the time\date and amounts taken. Mads are entered only in the db on days when they are taken yet I need the graph to show ALL days including days not taken. That is, days when the amount is inferred to be zero because no data appears for that day. Sorry, that's probably as clear as mud. Currently, I'm using VBA code to select the data, build a spreadsheet and then build a graph from the spreadsheet I built. The problem is that it (obviously) graphs only the days meds...

Multiple monitors, Win2008 64 Bit, Excel 2007 SP2 MSO
I have multiple monitors. I want to have one excel with the ribbon and all that on one monitor, and another excel with the ribbon and all that on the monitor next to it. This does not seem to be possible. Dragging the window to be larger than one monitor is not intuitive and only works if the monitors are set up to be "beside" each other - not cool if one monitor is actually up on the wall and one is in front of me, since I have to hunt around to make the window appear on the other monitor. The "browse in same window" has been taken away from Vista/2008 server because the...

reset task assignment due date
I have sent a task assignment for a deadline, and the deadline has changed. Is there a way to change the due date to a task assigned to more than one person? Please help. Amanda <amanda@madbooking.com> wrote: > I have sent a task assignment for a deadline, and the > deadline has changed. Is there a way to change the due > date to a task assigned to more than one person? Please Can't you forward that task with the updated due dat to those people? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is t...

Eseutil problems
Hi there. Im having some trouble with eseutil . My exchange is down coz of inconsistent data but after i do an intergrity check and a repair , it start working. but i cannot open attachements. If i try to do a defrag , i get several error messages like , "Illegal duplicate" key for the first time and "bad signature for a log file " in the second attempt. somebody pls assist with some tips. Rgds You also need to run "isinteg -s <servername> -fix -test alltests Run that over and over until you get 0 errors, 0 fixes. The syntax is the same with 5.5 sans t...

Plotting Problems
I'm using Excel 2002 on an NT 4.0 system. When I copy numbers from an older version of Excel(95 or 97?), the numbers pasted are incorrect. Any ideas on why this is happening and ways to fix it? Thanks in advance, -- Wes Incorrect as in........? Insert your description here. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:39:05 -0700, Wes <Wes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using Excel 2002 on an NT 4.0 system. When I copy numbers from an older >version of Excel(95 or 97?), the numbers pasted are incorrect. Any ideas on >why this is happening and way...

UNICODE problem #2
I am trying to port my dll to UNICODE. So I have defined _UNICODE instead of _MBCS, after compiler complained that he could not find mfc42u.lib and mfcs42u.lib. I copied these two dll (from my Visual Studio 6 CD) into the \MFC\lib. And now when I compile I have the following message : msvcrt.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 Although I think it's stupid (since I am building a dll and not a .exe) I tried to put wWinMainCRTStartup in link/output and it compiles. The problem is everytime I call an exported function of the dll, it crashes. Please Help ...

Fundamental Problem With CDs
I must be doing something fundamentally wrong with the way I work with my CDs in Money 2005, and I'd appreciate some advice. I opened a one month CD a couple of years ago and I have just let the bank renew it automatically. When I enter the renewal information from the bank, Money requires me to "redeem" the CD, then "buy" a new CD. This is counter-intuitive since the bank uses the same account number. For example, I have to "redeem" CD Account 123 and "buy" a new CD Account 123 #2. Then a month later I "redeem" CD Account 123 #2 and...

Report website problems here
I reported the problem last week of the email not working properly. I was asked to send mycomments to the website below using the case number SRX1110134208ID. I recommend alld user to respond to this case number with their comments. I think it is silly that Microsfot doesn't maintain their own website properly and it take almost 2 weeks to fix problems that effect thousand of customers. https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1389&WS=managermail Were you having email problems with Publisher? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Joel"...

Attachment Blocking Problem
Hi, We want to be able to block certain attachment types for our OWA users, (i.e. exe, bat, cmd etc) as these can harbour viruses. The reason for this, is that between our Exchange Front End Server and the client on the Internet we use an SSL encrypted tunnel (bridged by ISA Server Std 2004) in the middle and we are unable to scan inside the tunnel for viruses. We have implemented the recommended solution, as per knowledgebase article 830827, the Microsoft Exchange 2003 Client Access guide and the technet article at the following URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa9957...

Problems With Access 97 in Access 2002
I have an Access 97 database that I am opening in Access 2002 in “compatability” mode. What is happening is that it goes into a “loop” – the status bar shows messages over and over. Sometimes I can break out of it. I can convert it Ok, however. What’s going on? ...

Problem extending a Win32 Console App with a MFC Dialog ?
I have a multithreaded win32 console application, which I am trying to extend to open a separate dialog window based on the CDialog class (This has been built using the Visual Studio Resource Editor). I am effectively trying to add a MFC resource into a Win32 console application, but after the window opens it freezes, if other windows open over it and are moved away the widow is not redrawn. I have called AfxWinInit at the start of main, and declared my instance of the dialog within main. Any advice on where I am going wrong would be greatly appreciated. "Keith" <K...

Paint problem in dialog
I have a dialog-based app that paints in various static control after certain wait times. For starters, I did this all outside of OnPaint(). Works fine, until the app gets covered by another and uncovered. I knew I'd have to go back and fix that. So I have the existing Draw() functions I wrote that make a CClientDC. Now I modify them to allow a DC* pointer to be passed in, and call them from OnPaint() as appropriate. Problem is, nothing happens when OnPaint() calls them. It gets to the function, but no drawing results. My Draw() functions now detect if they are called from OnPaint(). ...

Offline Address Book problem
Hi All, I have users that use outlook 2003 and use the "cache" mode. The users seat on offices that connected with slow links. When they open the outlook --> new mail --> add user, and then right click user --> Outlook properties, the outlook freeze and they get message that the " server is retrieving data" from the GC The offline address book is downloading successfully. What can be the reason that the client go to the GC instead of the offline address book? Thanks In Advanced :-) Nir This sounds like a good question, but I don't understand what you mean...

Excel
How do I print multiple worksheets (from one workbook) on one page in Excel? IMHO, it would probably be best to create a "consolidation" sheet in the workbook using formula references to the material on the other sheets. Design that sheet the way you want to be able to print your "report" and define that as your print range. Hope this is useful |:>) "BGA" wrote: > How do I print multiple worksheets (from one workbook) on one page in Excel? ...

Formula Bar Problem #2
I have recently reinstalled Office XP 2002 and updated to SP3. When I open Excel without the formula bar selected under 'View' everything is OK. When I select 'Formula Bar' the spreadsheet disappears (or looks like a blank very large cell with font at x00 points). I cannot get into the proper part of the spreadsheet though. I don't really want to reinstall and update again and detect and repair does not solve the problem. Is there a DLL problem? Any ideas? Richard ...