Problem creating mail account - please help!

Has anyone had problems creating new mail accounts?
I can create a new domain account ok with the option to
create a mail account selected but the mail account
doesn't seem to exist. It's happened on different systems
and I can't find anything which gives any clues!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

G.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hello Gaz

Can you give us a little more information?

What kind of domain is it? NT4, Win2K, Win2K3
What version of Exchange? 5.5, E2K, E2k3
Do you get any errors when selecting to create a mailbox?
Do you see any events in the application log?

--
Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"Gaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had problems creating new mail accounts?
> I can create a new domain account ok with the option to
> create a mail account selected but the mail account
> doesn't seem to exist. It's happened on different systems
> and I can't find anything which gives any clues!
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> G.

0
mbarta (202)
1/27/2004 2:57:40 PM
Are u looking under the "mailboxes" container in System Manager?

If so, then let me tell u that the mailboxes will not show up there until
you activate those mailboxes.
Here are the 2 ways to activate a mailbox:
=> Login to the mailbox using Outlook or OWA.
=> Send an e-mail to that account.

Then go back to System Manager and refresh the view and you should see the
Mailboxes there.

--
Mike Manjunath
Microsoft Corp.

"Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only."
rights."

"Gaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had problems creating new mail accounts?
> I can create a new domain account ok with the option to
> create a mail account selected but the mail account
> doesn't seem to exist. It's happened on different systems
> and I can't find anything which gives any clues!
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> G.

0
mikeman (55)

How do I create a rule for blank messages?
I have started getting SPAM messages that have no subject and no "from" so I can't seem to create a rule to delete them. header as seen by outlook 2007--- Return-Path: <SRS0=ovPEsT=PD=staciachambers.com=sales@yourhostingaccount.com> Delivered-To: sissonfa-bob@sissonfamily.com Received: (qmail 70749 invoked from network); 9 Oct 2007 17:35:17 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO mailout08.yourhostingaccount.com) (65.254.253.233) by st136.startlogic.com with SMTP; 9 Oct 2007 17:35:17 -0000 Received: from mailscan16.yourhostingaccount.com ([10.1.15.16] helo=mailscan16.you...

Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"
In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though option is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing Html format by default.However can drop down the list and select the Unicode format. But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save as" any email. Any Suggestion ? Regards, Sam That is not possible and that is not what this option controls. The option controls whether the default safe fo...

Excel button problem

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Please help #8

message delivery problems