Problem creating full text index

I seem to be unable to create a full text index of either my public or
private store.  When I try to creat the index I get the error;

The directory name is invalid.
Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1
ID no: 8007010b
Exchange system Manager

This seems to be happening for both the public and private stores.  The
directory does exist.  I have looked over the permissions and tried to
compare to known working servers and I haven't moticed any obvious
differences.  Any ideas?

Did you follow this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822932/en-us

Nue

"Jonathan Huber" <JonathanHuber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I seem to be unable to create a full text index of either my public or
> private store.  When I try to creat the index I get the error;
>
> The directory name is invalid.
> Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1
> ID no: 8007010b
> Exchange system Manager
>
> This seems to be happening for both the public and private stores.  The
> directory does exist.  I have looked over the permissions and tried to
> compare to known working servers and I haven't moticed any obvious
> differences.  Any ideas?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/25/2006 1:49:31 AM
Yes I tried this.  At the step where I am actually creating the index (right
after specifying the folder location) I get the error.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Did you follow this article:

> Nue
>
> "Jonathan Huber" <JonathanHuber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I seem to be unable to create a full text index of either my public or
> > private store.  When I try to creat the index I get the error;
> >
> > The directory name is invalid.
> > Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1
> > ID no: 8007010b
> > Exchange system Manager
> >
> > This seems to be happening for both the public and private stores.  The
> > directory does exist.  I have looked over the permissions and tried to
> > compare to known working servers and I haven't moticed any obvious
> > differences.  Any ideas?

error creating the company master dts package
when I was trying to run Analysis Cube for Excel server wizard , I got an error message of " 429 retrieving the COM class factory for component with Clsid XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. there was an error creating the company master DTS Package". GP version is 10 and SQL Server is 2000 sp4. did anyone see this error before? thanks, ...

American Express download problems
A problem has developed with OFX downloads from American Express into Money 2005: the download separates supplemental cards (whether active or cancelled) into separate accounts. So one winds up with several different accounts which cannot be merged (because they are separate) and cannot be deleted (without deleting the original account). People are aware of this - a server issue - and working on a fix. Best thing to do is not download into American Express until the issue is fixed. Easiest was to determine whether it's fixed is to create a new money file, add Amex as a credit card, ...

Index(Match, 2 criterias
Hello, I have tried to utilize solutions previously posted but still not getting desired results. I would like to populate cell e1 with value in range a1:a5 if 2 criterias are met. 1st - value in cell d1 >= range b1:b5 and 2nd - value in cell d1 <= range c1:c5 =INDEX(A1:A5,MATCH(1,(B1:B5<=D1)*(C1:C5>=D1),0)) A B C D E 1 1 1 5 2 2 2 6 10 3 3 3 11 15 12 4 4 16 20 17 5 5 21 25 22 If any one could help, greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steven What are the desired results that must show in E? SteveT Wrote: > Hello, > I have tried to utilize solutions previou...

Excel File Sharing Problem
We have a file saved on a network drive. Whenever we try to open the fie a message comes up indicating the file's in use by Person B. Person B is not in the file and we had that person log off and completely shut down, yet the file still shows as being in use by Person B. We cannot delete, rename or move the file. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the file, rename or move the file? HELP!! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sometimes theold MSDOS commands work when all else fails. You do not sa exactly what you really want to do with it. Let's say Copy to new...

Problem to send multi language subject line email in 1 Outlook
I found that besides english , I can only send email with subject line contains 1 kind of non-unicode language It is fine and display very well to include different language in the body. But I cannot send 1 email with japanese subject line, and then another one with chinese subject line. It only allow subject line with 1 kind of non-unicode language based on setting of default non-unicode language in Reglional and Language setting in control panel. Is there any way I can send email with different language subject line (not in same email. just one by one in different language)? My ...

Text in pivot table
I'm aware that summary functions will not work for text data in Excel 2000 (eg something like 'first' in Access crosstabs doesn't exist). Two questions: - Is this functionality available in later versions? - What are the alternatives (eg anyone got some VBA they've used to do it)? Thanks GB Pivottables are still quantitative summaries. You may want to give more info about what your data looks like and what you want. I might lead to better alternatives. green biro wrote: > > I'm aware that summary functions will not work for text data in Excel 2000 > (...

Adding text to all outgoing messages...
I would like to add a text message to all outgoing mail messages. How can i do this ? Carlos for your text (assuming you are usaing exchange)... http://www.gfi.com/downloads/downloads.aspx?pid=ME&lid=en They provide a free version that does disclaimers. "Carlos Mendes" wrote: > I would like to add a text message to all outgoing mail messages. How > can i do this ? > > Carlos > check this vbs sample http://www.aloaha.com/article/eventsink.html "Carlos Mendes" <cjmendes@confetil.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:51esu09sh1tpfl4usbfbht083cq970...

How can I add numbers in my text files made by my MFC app ?
I want my MFC app to add the numbers in my saved text on saving time like this... 1:here 2:test 3:hello 4:hehe 5:pizza 6:hi Thanks, BMXer This is just example code I found on google. #include "stdafx.h" #include "string.h" int countLines(char filename[]); int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { int lineCount; char filename[80]; strcpy(filename, "test.txt"); lineCount = countLines(filename); printf("Lines in %s: %d\n", filename, lineCount); return 0; } countLines(char filename[]) { FILE *fileRef; int lineCount = 0; char fileLine[256]; ...

help creating a time function
Hello, I am trying to create a time function that will look at a typical day and add the hours. Then show how many hours after 8 is overtime. I have the first part created, but how can I write a formula that will look at say 12:45 hours and tell me 4:45 of it is overtime? Please help!! Thanks!!! Hi =3DA1-TIMEVALUE("8:00") Format the resulting cell as time. Regards, Per On 22 Jan., 02:29, Josh <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to create a time function that will look at a typical day and > add the hours. =A0T...

text box LINK #2
How do you link a text box so that you type a heading one time, but it also appears automatically in another text box within the document? Not sure if link is the correct word? I am using Publisher 2002. Thanks. You cannot. You can also copy and paste the Text Frame many times. You can create a Merge file if you have many to do. "Elena" <Elena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:499CAE09-F0A0-400B-AA03-5302E7F026BB@microsoft.com... > How do you link a text box so that you type a heading one time, but it > also > appears automatically in another ...

Outlook 2000 / outlook today problem
I have set Outlook 2000 to open in the Outlook Today page and although I have been using the application for some years, I have only just noticed that Saturday and Sunday do not display [ outlook today calendar] and appointment or anniversaries that fall over the weekend are shown as 'today' = Friday. Is there any way of fixing this ? Thanks in advance. ...

Archiving problem...
Hi all, I wonder if someone can help me? Im trying to Auto Archive my emails. I have set all the option to archive anything older than 1/1/2004 and its goes of on its merry way moving the emails. But It always leaves a large amount of emails in my folder? It always misses some. Anyone up to speed on archiving? Im using Outlook 2002 on a Exchange 2000 server. Many thanks M. :( ...

cross-hatches appearing in place of text
I'm sure it's something simple, but what's causing a block of teext I'm copying-and-pasting into a wide cell to turn into cross-hatches? I've tried setting the alignment to Top and Left, and adjusting the cell's size, but the text keeps popping up with only a line displaying, or as the line of cross-hatches. Kevin check a) the format for the cell and b) the length of the text in the cell. First, try setting the format for the cell to General. If the cell is formatted as Text and has more than 255 characters in it, it will display as ###...### Regards Trevor &...

opening files in MSO 2000 Publisher created in earlier version
I have a number of publisher files and templates created in earlier versions of Publisher, that I need to use. I am hoping I do not have to re-create all of them. I would prefer not to re-install an earlier version. MSO 2000 Publisher, currently installed will not allow me to open files created in earlier versions. The files do not identify what version they were created in. I originally installed MSO 97 Professional and upgraded to MSO 2000 Professional. I have a stand alone Publisher 98 version but I don't think I ever used it. How can I access these files? zhiva@earthl...

Create a Shortcut for Newsgroups
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C356B4.9D00C040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to add a shortcut to open and view newsgroups? The = current shortcut menu provides access to Calenders, Tasks, etc. I'd like to add an ICON for = opening the Newsreader --=20 Thanks Ron DiLauro ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C356B4.9D00C040 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DT...

Date format problem #4
I have a column of dates where one entry behaves as though it is formatted differently than the others. I have tried everything I can think of playing with the cell formatting of that cell and the others in the column, clearing the cell formatting and data and re-entering etc to no avail. The format is 'date 3/14/01' or 'custom mm/dd/yy' either behave the same. The faulty cell will display normally, the same as the others, but if I display the page in formula mode, the good ones display as a numeral, whereas the faulty one still displays as a date. I have another column which...

SEARCH MACRO problem!!
HI!! I tried to create a search macro by doing the following steps. 1) Clicked on an empty cell 2) Clicked on record macro 3) EDIT> FIND> typed the copied data from a different cell> FIND NEXT CLOSE 4) stoped the record. 5) CLick on RUn .. When I did that It shows me the value which I had entered.. what would like to do is create a search button in my excel worsheet..... s that I can type the data I want to find and then seach for the dat from the worksheet...( eg. 4444). Thx... Regard -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com When recording a macro you perform action...

outgoing e-mail problem
Hello all, One user at one of my clients has a consistent problem sending out e- mail, and I am at a loss as to a resolution. Any input would be appreciated. The client has SBS2K installed with Exchange, but is only using the Exchange server internally. They have a DSL connection, without a registered domain name. All users are using Outlook XP configured to point to the internal Exchange server, plus POP3 pointing to their organization's mail server, xyz.org, which is managed by someone else. Everyone is able to send, except for this one user, who's messages remain in his Outbox ...

Ms office home and student 2007 installation problem
I did system recovery for my window vista for my desk-top, it was a successfully done, after that i tried to install "Ms office home and student 2007"; it ask for product key; i keyed in properly and complete the installation, but could not find and run "office"product. I tried to reinstall a few more times, but still same result; not working. I try again, it prompt two message; the 1) "Ms setup boostrapper" and 2) "setup error: e:\home student.ww\osetup.dll" . Pls give me instructions to install it. Note: this desktop come with a prel...

Index DMV help needed
Sorry for the cross-post but it occurred to me after posting this same question in the "microsoft . public . sqlserver . server" message board that this may be a better place for it... While I'm very aware of the plethora of scripts out there utilizing 2005/2008's dmvs to display underused, most used, & most needed indexes, I have the need to see if I can determine through internals exactly what indexes are being used by what procs. Meaning; if I have a database with 100 different stored procedures being called regularly, can I list what indexes have been used ...

Having Problem with a String....Please help....
All, I have to maintain a piece of code that a previous employee wrote and its got a bug that occurs. It is a simple Unicode application(exe) written in VS2003. I do not have a whole lot of experience with BSTR and bstr_t (s). From my reading a BSTR is a wchar_t with prepended size info so that the nulls can be placed in strings etc. The bug is consistent. Here is the code; //Calling Code BSTR bstr; bstr = ::SysAllocString(L"d123ef"); //key MyEncrypt(bstr,mbsUTF8B64String,theSizeofB64EncodedString,mbsRC4EncryptedString); ::SysFreeString(bstr); //Function Encrypt void MyEncrypt(BST...

How to insert carriage return in the middle of a text formula to .
I want to insert carriage return in the middle of a text formula to force the resulting text to wrap at a specific point. It would be the same thing as pressing Alt/Return while entering text manually except that the text is being created in a formula. -- Dave Hi Dave =A1&CHAR(10)&B1 Make sure the cell is preformatted with "wrap text". HTH. Best wishes Harald "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:8895BCDA-A822-4406-BB31-E7D46CA3576C@microsoft.com... > I want to insert carriage return in the middle of a text formula to force th...

How do I create a graph that showes comulative values?
I have a spreadsheet of elecrtical cables pulled on a project. The dates of the pulls are also listed. My question is how do I take this information and show, or create, a graph that just goes up (additive values) and not one that goes up and down? Use formulas in the next column which compute the cumulative total, then plot these computed values. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ curtis182 wrote: > I have a spreadsheet of elecrtical cables pulled on a project. The dates of > the pulls are also listed. My question is how do I...

picture printing problems
I AM HAVING EXTREME PROBLEMS PRINTING PICTURES IN MY PUBLICATION. Everything else prints but the pictures. I have reinstalled my printer and it is working perfectly. HELP Lorilorraine <Lorilorraine@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I AM HAVING EXTREME PROBLEMS PRINTING PICTURES IN MY PUBLICATION. > Everything else prints but the pictures. I have reinstalled my > printer and it is working perfectly. Have you checked for an update to your printer driver at the website of your printer manufacturer? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Money+ Auto Download Problem
I erroneously posted this in MoneyCentral and was nicely told this is the correct forum for the post. Forgive the cross-post. I had been a Money 2007 user but had not kept it up-to-date. I got religion and decided to install Money Plus when prompted by the pop-up that a new version was available. I deleted my old accounts, installed Money Plus, created two new accounts (checking & credit), downloaded my checking and credit account from BOA without any problem. Next time I started Money+ the software was trying to download from a third BOA account, (not the checking & credit ...