Posting email to public folders

I have a mail enabled public folder,  when messages are delivered to the
public folder they are posted as post items instead of email messages.  is
there a way to have them post as email messages?
0
BSC (1)

BSC <BSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a mail enabled public folder,  when messages are delivered to
> the public folder they are posted as post items instead of email
> messages.  is there a way to have them post as email messages?

Hi - it's always good to include your version & SP of Exchange when you post
in here, as the answers are often wildly different based on version.

Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832492, tho.

0
lanwench (7567)
4/17/2007 6:26:28 PM
This was corrected in sp2, check your versions of the following
files.

Date         Time   Version          Size    File name
15-Nov-2003  02:02  6.5.6980.42      49,152  Mdbevent.dll
15-Nov-2003  02:41  6.5.6980.42   3,186,176  Mdbmsg.dll
15-Nov-2003  02:05  6.5.6980.42      24,064  Mdbrole.dll
17-Nov-2003  17:16  6.5.6980.42      13,312  Mdbtask.dll
17-Nov-2003  17:15  6.5.6980.42   5,038,592  Store.exe

Update to permit the caching of incoming SMTP messages as IPM.Note in
Exchange Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832492

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Apr 17, 2:18 pm, BSC <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a mail enabled public folder,  when messages are delivered to the
> public folder they are posted as post items instead of email messages.  is
> there a way to have them post as email messages?

0
jamestechman (1266)
4/17/2007 6:29:10 PM
On 17 Apr 2007 11:29:10 -0700, Jamestechman <jamestechman@gmail.com>
wrote:

>This was corrected in sp2, check your versions of the following
>files.

I think it was actually a Pre-SP1 hofix.

>Date         Time   Version          Size    File name
>15-Nov-2003  02:02  6.5.6980.42      49,152  Mdbevent.dll
>15-Nov-2003  02:41  6.5.6980.42   3,186,176  Mdbmsg.dll
>15-Nov-2003  02:05  6.5.6980.42      24,064  Mdbrole.dll
>17-Nov-2003  17:16  6.5.6980.42      13,312  Mdbtask.dll
>17-Nov-2003  17:15  6.5.6980.42   5,038,592  Store.exe
>
>Update to permit the caching of incoming SMTP messages as IPM.Note in
>Exchange Server 2003
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832492
>

>James Chong (MVP)
>MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
>msexchangetips.blogspot.com
>

>On Apr 17, 2:18 pm, BSC <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> I have a mail enabled public folder,  when messages are delivered to the
>> public folder they are posted as post items instead of email messages.  is
>> there a way to have them post as email messages?

0
adavid (8731)

Outlook 2003 -- miscellaneous issues, mainly with Offline Folders
Outlook 2003 seems to really dislike Offline folder synchronization if a user receives any virus infected emails (ie. if something has NetSky in it) -- is there a way to prevent the synchs from erroring? They use NAV for Exchange and it should be protecting them so I don't think that's a concern. ...

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

Saving existing Outlook emails
I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how I can save my existing Outlook emails and settings so that once I have the newly reformatted drive setup I can access my saved emails and files? do a search in your hard drive for *.pst... it contains all e-mails and contacts... in brief, all eggs in one basket. If you have mail rules you can export them, as you can your mail account(s). HTH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10fe01c4a73d$16a62f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how > I can ...

Undeliverable folder
I have some email going into the Outlook routers undeliverable folder these Emails have a crm tracking token in the subject line so I can't understand why they dont get routed. Most emails route fine. Has anyone seen this before ? ...

Sync of folders between WLM and Hotmail
I have folders in WLM that do not appear in Hotmail. Does it make a difference where I created them (WLM or Hotmail)? An e-mail in a WLM folder appears in my Inbox folder in Hotmail. How do I synchronize my folders? Is your Hotmail account(hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com) set up as an = http or pop3 account (Right click account in the left hand pane/Properties/Server tab) If Pop3, folders created in WLM are present only in WLM and folders = created in Hotmail web UI are only present in the web UI If http, folders created in one place are present in both after = synchroniza...

Sub Folders
Hi Is there a way to check if a folder has a sub folder and if yes get its name, also to loop until no sub folder is found. C:\Weeks Post\Sundays Post\Mondays Post\Tuesdays Post etc. Create Post array Post(0) = Sundays Post Post(1) = Mondays Post Post(2) = Tuesdays Post something like this, can you help? regards Ron On 24/11/2009 09:52, LondonLad wrote: > Hi > Is there a way to check if a folder has a sub folder and if yes get its name, > also to loop until no sub folder is found. > > C:\Weeks Post\Sundays Post\Mondays Post\Tuesdays Post etc. > ...

make XL stop interpreting email addresses as highlighted links?
In several worksheets I store email addresses but XL insists on making them links. So, if I ever select the cell, it tries to open Outlook (which I won't let on my machine), etc. It takes me 30 seconds to get control back. I've looked everywhere in Options but I haven't found anything to stop this. My workaround is to type the email address in an unused cell, then copy it and Paste Special into the target cell with "values only". What a pain. Can you gurus please help? By the way, I did look hard and long for this in earlier posts -- I can't be the only one...

Adding attachments to email merges
I am trying to create an email merge in Outlook, with a PDF attachment. It all works ok, and the message sends but the attaachment is always stripped off the message - I have tried different files and the attachement never comes through, or even gets mentioned in the received message. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks m.nutt1 Not supported. You'd need to use third party software for that. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "m.nutt1" <mark@emqc.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23qnq...

Workflow Email on Campaign Response
I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign reponse form a email will be sent but when i go to add the action "send email" is not listed. Is it not possible to do this? This is CRM 3.0 Thanks I am facing the same problem. In CRM 3.0, when I want to add a workflow rule On creating a campaign response, "Send email" is not an available option in the Insert Action menue. Does anyone know the solution? -- Raj Limaye, PMP "Matt" wrote: > I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign &...

"Move to folder" icons unlabeled
Using the "Move to Folder" command, the icons displayed are missing their names/labels. I've used this feature for years, but I just purchased a new copy/license of Outlook and installed it on a new PC with Windows 7.0, and it is giving this problem. Nothing happens if I right-click the icons displayed, and I've searched in vain for help in the MS support forums as well as the Microsoft site. Thanks in advance for your solution(s)!! ...

Empty Emails
I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. From: Blank To: Blank Body: Blank Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. Thanks Sue Nope, I do too, but SpamBayes takes care of them for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sue asked: | I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. | From: Blank | To: Blank | Body: Blank | | Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. | Thanks | ...

selectively download folders from isp
I am having trouble with Outlook. I have a yahoo account and I have mulitple folders on that account. I was wondering if there was a way to only download what is in my yahoo inbox and not in my yahoo bulk folder. Hi Moose I you take a look at your preferences in yahoo mail - http://mail.yahoo.com you have the option to send bulk mail to your pop3 client. As easy as that. Chris "MOOSE" <MOOSE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA4254F-0DB3-47BD-AC3F-D34AFD4ADEC5@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble with Outlook. I have a yahoo account and I hav...

linking to publisher email
How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? The easiest way is to insert a email link to you along with instructions. Select the text or image > insert > hyperlink > Email Address and enter your email address. DavidF "NK" <NK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166F126E-17FC-468E-9A42-9E23ACE8454D@microsoft.com... > How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? ...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...

Deleting Folders
Hi, I have all my accounts synchronised. I have inadvertently deleted a folder with many sub-folders under my local folders. Does anyone know if I can retrieve and how? Appreciate any help. This info. is very important. In case of Exchange; Tools-> Recover Deleted Items... In case of a pst; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Smartlist
I know that I cannot modify the posted invoices* smartlist in smartlist builder, but I would like to recreate it so I can put some restrictions in it. Is there a good resource for which tables make up the default smartlists? Thanks, Mike mlubbs, The Smartlist Templates are available for download in Customersource. This includes the sales Transactions smartlist as well. You can download the same. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP partner forums at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads...

Hi - does anyone know how to view the source code of an email in Outlook 2003? - tia Jam4 ...

Emails don't find contacts in restored Outlook
My hard drive burned up, so I replaced it, reinstalled, and imported everything into Outlook. The contacts are there if you click contacts. However, when sending emails, there is no way to connect to my contacts. It's like they are invisible. You never import Outlook data to restore it. You just open the Outlook data file. When you do, you will be able to configure your address book view to display your Contacts the same way as always: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine "Mike Row Soft" <MikeR...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...

Sending email in CRM web app problem
Hi, I found this problem very annoying. Our CRM's SMTP service is hosted in YahooMail. The SMTP address is mail.bizmail.yahoo.com and this is a "locked down" server, which means required authentication by username and password. I configured the CRM server's registry by settings the SMTPServerUrl and other stuff, such as Username and password entries. Now, when we send emails from CRM web app, it works... BUT... when we send email using a template which has embedded images, it cannot send the email and reports an error: "Not valid association" something... A...

Incoming Emails #2
Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? No, you can go to TOOLS, then SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and then DEFINE SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and in the box's shown, you can tell Outlook to automatically send or receive your messages every XX mins. Tedd -- Tedd Riggs PDASquare Content Developer www.pdasquire.com "wj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88174331-72B4-4ECF-B688-DF745D9178EF@microsoft.com... > Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? T...

Don't get some emails;
Some emails don't come thru. From another computer I can forward messages to my email site but don't receive new messages. Also not getting some emails from various sites. ...

Fast Campaign through eMail-Mass and Word / Wich Security-Role rights?
Hello, i hope i could explain it correct what my problem is. One of our Sales/Marketing guys needs the Security-Role-Right to make Fast-Campaigns through the Assistent and Word. (We use the German version of CRM so i have no clue how these Menu's named in English, so i do straight translate them as i think it fits! ) He right now goes through the Outlook CRM Client into the Marketing Menu, then opens the Marketingslistings and selects a campaign and has on the Top Menu Bar the Fast-Campaign-Button wich opens up the Assistent. He then fills some forms, and comes to the point where he co...

email address link
When I click on an email address link in the body of an received email, Outlook Express editor comes up instead of my regular Outlook Word editor. Is there a way to change the settings? If so, where would I look? Thanks in Advance Try this - In your Control Panel: Open Internet Options Go to Programs Tab For Email, choose Outlook as your default. Now click OK. Retry. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on an email address link in the body of an >received email, Outlook Express editor comes up instead of >my regular Outlook Word editor. Is there a way to change >...

junk folder