populating address list from external ldap

We are going to be migrating to exchange 2003 over the next few months and
we need to populate an address list with addresses from an external ldap
server.  The large organisation that we do the majority of our business with
uses Groupwise and Netware, we currently look up their users email addresses
by querying their ldap server.  What we would like to do is to populate an
address list in our new exchange 2003 deployment with addresses from thier
ldap server.

cheers

Kerry

0
kjho (13)

Kerry-

You're not going to be able to do this natively. What you need to do is
create mail enabled contact objects in AD for each user in the remote
GroupWise directory.

There are a couple ways to do this - write a script to do the sync (fairly
easy), or use something like MIIS (expensive but very robust).

--
Thanks,
Brian Desmond

www.briandesmond.com

"Kerry Hoskin" <kjho@pml.ac.uk> wrote in message
> We are going to be migrating to exchange 2003 over the next few months and
> we need to populate an address list with addresses from an external ldap
> server.  The large organisation that we do the majority of our business
> with uses Groupwise and Netware, we currently look up their users email
> addresses by querying their ldap server.  What we would like to do is to
> populate an address list in our new exchange 2003 deployment with
> addresses from thier ldap server.
>
> cheers
>
> Kerry

0
brian8226 (79)

how can I use my e-mail addresses on excel xp with microsoft outlo
I need to use my addresses on Excel xp with Microsoft outlook. I want to use my excel file as a database that I can change and improve everyday. I need to send mails to more than 1 contact, so creating an e.mail link is not enough for me: in fact, if I click on it, I send my mail only to 1 address... Txs See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cat" <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7A9A930-6846-4071-8714-ED9CC50CD79F@microsoft.com... > > I need to use my addresses on E...

Spam mail coming from my own Email address
Recently, I have been getting Spam E mail as if it were being sent by myself. I have set up rules that get rid of most of the junk, but have also set a rule to not block mail from personal contacts including my own address. With that rule, somehow I am getting spam mail as if i sent it to myself. Anyone know whats causing this and the cure?? (I had an earlier reply to this question questioning why I would send an E mail to myself. If that person read this again, it simple. I use my Email both at work and at home and very often will forward material to myself so I can retrieve i...

Importing Item List for the first time
We are currently change over from Quickbooks Accounting 2002 Pro to MS Retail Management System and need to know the easist way to import item list into MS POS. -- Dan Hausbeck Dan, Easiest is to upgrade to QB 2003 or higher. Then follow these instructions; https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836444 Otherwise, does 2002 give you the ability to export a report to Excel? If so, create a report of your inventory items, export to an Excel file and then use the unsupported RMS Import Utility, again in CustomerSource. I think you are going to _have_ to upda...

blocking internet addresses
How can I block certain sites and banners from showing up on my Outlook Express? Thanks in advance Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "steve" <anonymous...

Pasting email address into text field
Hello all, I am attempting to copy/paste several rows of data from an excel spreadsheet into an Access form. I receive an error: "The value you have entered into this field is invalid" when the data contains an email address. The email address field is set for text with a field length of 255 characters in the DB. I can copy the individual email address into the field without any problems. the problem occurs only when I am copying the whole row or rows of data from the excel spreadsheet into the Access DB. Any ideas about getting around this problem? Hi, this is exactly wh...

Lotus Notes has an All Documents list
Just moved from Lotus Notes which has a feature which gives a view of all documents received and sent which is very helpful if you have a document that has gone in the wrong folder or you need to check if it was ever received/sent. Does Outlook have a similar feature? Well, you could create a search folder that showed all items with attachments. That sounds pretty close to what you're asking for. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: ...

How do you select a cell with an "absolute" address with a cursor?
When you try to make an absolute reference to a cell, you place "$" in front of the column and/or row. But can you do it more easily by, for example, selecting a cell with your mouse while pressing CTRL (obviously this does not work) when you select a cell? Thank you. New Daddy, select the cell press F2 then F4 to toggle absolute -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "New Daddy" <newlywed2@daum.net>...

Validation list based on criteria
Hi I want to create a data validation list based on certain conditions. Let me try to explain by example. A1 = oranges B1 = oranges A2 = apples B2 = no record A3 = pears B3 = pears A4 = pears B4 = pears A5 = grapes B5 = grapes A6 = apples B6 = no record B:B value is based on a relative formula determined by the value in A A:A can have duplicate values I want to create a validation list based on B:B where the formula result is “no record” The list needs to be populated with the relative value in A For example: Since B2 and B6 = “no record” then the validat...

Distribution Lists residing on exchange servers
Hi All, I am trying to export distribution lists in Outlook 2003 to load onto another comupter that is on another domain. Here is the scenario: Computer A is on domain 1. Network migration occurs. Computer A is now on domain 2. I want to take the GAL from domain 1, and put it into their outlook on domain 2 (I don't need it to be updated). The two domains are totally seperate from each other... (i do not own domain 1, i DO own domain 2). I've tried several methods like creating a new data file copying info to it, then opening the file in the other domain. I have been unsuccessfu...

What is differeence in opening a feature from the Outlook Bar or Folder List
in Outlook 2002. Seems extremely redundant. TIA normc wrote: > in Outlook 2002. > > Seems extremely redundant. > > TIA > I just noticed that one can also open some of the features from VIEW | GO TO, but the set available is not the same as in the Outlook Bar or the Folder List sets. Is this some kind of reduncancy again? TIA Nothing. Some people prefer to keep the Folder List visible, others the Outlook Bar. You choose which you prefer. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, a...

Up/down arrows don't work with data validation list/in-cell dropdown
I have a number of worksheets where I use the in-cell dropdown (from list) function of data validation. When I open the list by either clicking on the drop down button or by pressing Alt-Down arrow, the only way I can move through the list is to grab the scroll bar itself and move it down. The up and down buttons do not function nor does clicking in the open space just above or below the scroll bar. Any ideas as to what is causing this? David Jones David, I just set up an entire column with Data Validation with List. I used 39 entries in the list. The up/down buttons are working as they ...

Populating an IMAP "To:" field
I let this bug me for almost 2 years, but it *IS* Possible, as the following points out (contrary to the lack of responses and denial posted elsewhere in these microsoft misinformation forums): For Outlook 2000/XP/2002: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284371 For Outlook 2003: 1) Select the IMAP mail folder with the broken/empty "To:" field. 2) Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Rules and Alerts..." 3) Select the IMAP account for this folder (should be pre-selected) 4) Click the "New Rule..." button 5) Select the "Start from a blank rule" r...

can you print your address book with photos?
I want to print a directory for the members of a club and wanted to include a photograph, but I cannot figure out how to add the photo that I already have in their contact information into the booklet. No, the photo does not print. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll:...

I want to send autom fax using a distribution list
I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in Honduras. All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't recognize that list. What can I do? You can start by not multiposting. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JLG" <JLG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED7BFC16-71A5-4800-A36C-000E85163913@microsoft.com... >I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in >Honduras. > All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't > recognize that list. What can...

How do I set up a URL address to send and recieve e mail?
I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e mail from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. -- Thank You James P Murphy Outlook's WebDav (HTTP) protocol doesn't support HTTPS urls. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050322.htm -- "J Murphy" <JMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D0201CB-113B-44C6-946B-206C3AAF069D@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e > mail > from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. > -- > Thank You...

Name Matching
Hi when an email is sent to a miss-spelled address, how do I route these emails to a postmaster or admin account? Thanks Matt What version of Exchange? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Matt" <mattremoveme@edirect.co.uk> wrote in message news:006001c3b506$6c6670f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > when an email is sent to a miss-spelled address, how do I > route these emails to a postmaster or admin account? > > Thanks > Matt Exchange Server 2003 Running on Windows Server 2003 >----...

How do I unpin an item from the list?
In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the name I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why is this happening, and how can I correct it? I am using Win7 Professional. "Viv" <Viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F370AAFF-607C-4816-AA0E-A53A944CB026@microsoft.com... > In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the > name > I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why > is > this happening, and how can I correct it? &g...

Distribution List Auto Respond
Hello all, Do any of you know of a way to have Exchange auto respond to messages sent to a distribution list? I do not want to turn on the Send Out-of-Office Messaegs to originator option on because all of the members will have their own OOF messages set up during our Holiday Closure (1 week). The desire is that when people send a message to our Help Desk DL during our closure they would receive a message in return stating that we are closed for the holidays. Thanks for any help with this. Mike Seattle Pacific University You may have to remove everyone from the DL except a temp user wi...

Getting "program trying to access addresses" message when sending email
Whenever I open up a new "Compose Mail" window and start typing addresses into the "To" field, Outlook brings up the message that a program is trying to access email addresses I've stored in Outlook, and asking whether I want to allow it. Any reason this is happening even though the program that's trying to access those addresses is Outlook itself? Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat 6 installed? If yes, you might have to disable the PDFMaker addin. In any event, check out this section http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems to s...

Nest members of a query-based distribution list
Hello Is there any way to nest members of a query-based distribution list within the list on the global address list and maybe make the list title bold. I know this can be done but cannot see where to do it Thanks Robin It's ok I have managed it now http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us Thanks anyway Robin "robinwilson16" wrote: > Hello > > Is there any way to nest members of a query-based distribution list within > the list on the global address list and maybe make the list title bold. > > I know this can be done but cannot see where to do it...

Allowing Clients to Configure a Forwarding Address for a Public Folder
Hi We have a general 'enquiry' email address for our company where initial emails from clients will come to and our fax server sends desktop faxes to, this is a public folder on our server. So that faxes and emails are responded to immediately we have configured the enquiry public folder to also copy the email to the receptionist, they then get a popup message in Outlook when the email arrives. Recently our receptionist has taken on other roles and is often being covered by others for a few hours at a time, I'm getting fed up of logging into System Manager and changing thi...

How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don't need or may have errors.
How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don't need or may have errors. Example:- somobody@thisplace.com :error somebody@thisplace.com :OK highlight them and delete "Barry McConomy" <smile@vianet.ca> wrote in message news:103mp3hp7npqk02@corp.supernews.com... > How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don't need or may have > errors. > > Example:- > > somobody@thisplace.com :error > somebody@thisplace.com :OK > > Barry McConomy <smile@vianet.ca> wrote: > How do I remove the popup email addresses that I don'...

How to stop excel from constantly spinning up unused external hard drive (and prevent the delay that comes with that)

Address Book Sharing/Creation
We are attempting to get our Exchange server up and running and I am quite new to the whole Microsoft Mail thing... (long time sendmail/qmail user) We are attempting to share Address Books and enable the default address book on our exchange server. Currently the default AB that comes up is basically the listing of users on the exchange server. I would like to create a couple address books from current information. I have a saved CSV that contains our customer data that I would like to import. I have succesfully done this in my personal Outlook but when I attempt to share the AB other users are...

not listed as solution advisor
HISTORY: In the past we had USER1 using CRM. We later removed USER1 within CRM, but found that it didn't release the CRM license. Matt Parks help us by instructing us on removing the userid from the systemuserbase and systemuserlicense tables in SQL Manager. This worked and we were able to recover our license and reissue to another new user by using Deployment Manager. PRESENT: So here we are months later and USER1 is back. Using Deployment Manager, we attempted to add this user again as we have 1 available license. We got through the wizard until the end when we received the error...