POP3SVC Error

Hello,

The Exchange 2003 Sp1 mail server shows the following error in the
application log,

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   POP3SVC
Event Category: General
Event ID:       1051

Unexpected error condition: call to function
CEncryptCtx::CheckServerCert()
resulted in error code 0x800cc801.

Microsoft knowledgebase article kb275291 suggests that the client is
trying to
use SSL. SSL is configured and its working fine.

Any idea why this error is getting generated ?

Thanks,
Elan

On 6 Feb 2006 06:07:31 -0800, "Elan" <elangumaran@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>The Exchange 2003 Sp1 mail server shows the following error in the
>application log,
>
>Event Type:     Error
>Event Source:   POP3SVC
>Event Category: General
>Event ID:       1051

>Unexpected error condition: call to function
>CEncryptCtx::CheckServerCert()
>resulted in error code 0x800cc801.
>
>Microsoft knowledgebase article kb275291 suggests that the client is
>trying to
>use SSL. SSL is configured and its working fine.

>Any idea why this error is getting generated ?

Is the Exch Server configured to allow POP3 and IMAP SSL client
connections?

>Thanks,
>Elan
0
adavid (8731)
2/6/2006 2:13:08 PM
Hello Andy,

This is a Front End server.Yes, IMAP & POP3 are configured to use front
end servers.

Thanks,
Elan

All Front Ends are configured with NLB cluster.

Thanks,
Elan

On 6 Feb 2006 06:35:43 -0800, "Elan" <elangumaran@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello Andy,
>
>This is a Front End server.Yes, IMAP & POP3 are configured to use front
>end servers.
>
>Thanks,
>Elan

What about SSL? Is you Exch Server configured for POP3 and IMAP
clients to use those products over SSL? If not, you'll see those
errors and you can probably just ignore them if you do not require SSL
for IMAP and POP3 clients.

0
adavid (8731)

Subscript Out of Range Error
The workbooks and macros used are being created in Excel 2007, but saved in the 97-2003 format. I have a macro that the boss will use to enter employees and place the names, date added, and count (sequential) into a worksheet. It loops in case there is more than one name to be added. NOTE: The boss will be in workbook(QA Master.xls) Once the boss is through entering names, the macro will then loop and create a workbook, copying the Workbook("QA Template.xls") and renaming it with the employee name that was entered. I don't know why, but I am getting the fol...

Stationery error message
I'm using Windows 7 with WLM 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726). When I create a new mail message, I get an error "Unable to create this stationery". The new message window open fine, with no stationery showing. After I send the message, I check the Sent message and it has the stationery I use showing in it. If I send the message to myself, the message also has the stationery I use showing in it. -- The Software Tailor Las Vegas USA ...

Money 2006 error msg when closing
I got a problem which I wish you folks here can point me a direction to get it be repaired: My money 2006 file is approx 60mb now as it first started from money 98. I upgraded the program almost every year (may have skipped either 2001 or 2002, just couldn't for sure). Everything runs fine until today. The problem is that if I was working in the Monthly Report page and wanted to close money program and do the backup (the program is set to backup when it closes), then an error message would immediate pop-up saying that money has encountered an internal problem and needs to close, th...

How to handle errors in EXCEL?
Hi, How should we handle the exceptions/errors in the Excel? I am using the following code, but during running it gave some errors. I wanted that if the error occurs during running, it would be handled automatically. What extra piece of code I add in order to handle the error? Any suggestion will be appreciated. I am getting the error like: a. File not found b. Object required. Regards BENAZIR CODE: Sub ArchivelogChk 'This module checks you are in archivelog mode, and aborts the entire thing 'if not. No point in trying to perform a hot backup unless you are. strFileOut...

Run-time error 4605
I'm getting the following error when I close a Word form: Run-time error 4605 This method or property is not available because the document is a protected document. Thanks for any suggestions! Are there any macros in the document/(template from which it was created)? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Complibr" <Complibr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9951B6E-9511-405E-...

compiler error on c-code with mfc.
fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include <windows.h> I have an existing C-based application. I need to add encoder card support to this application. Encoder card Skd is vc++ based. Hence I ported the c-code into VC++. I wrote a class for encoder card (.cpp) and included <afxwin.h>. The class itself compiles fine though when I make a reference of this c++ class in the main (c-code), I get the above error. In the project options, I force a c++ compilation by /TP. If I dont force /TP, I get the following error, fatal error C1189: #error ...

Unhandled Error in CRM V3
Hi, I receive the error "Server Error in'/' Application" when I open CRM in the IE. The left navigation area is visible. The error message appears in the frame in with e.g. the activities are shown. How can I solve this problem? How can I get the source for this problem? Do I have to repair the CRM server? Christian The fact that the left nav area shows up and the error is on the right side indicates the web site isn't talking to the database correctly. What does the rest of the error message say, and what does the screen show if you have dev errors turned off?...

Outlook 2003 error message #9
I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it an error message appears. C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR LOADED I tried detect and repair and that did not help. PLEASE, I need help "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:9BAE4F59-FED8-499B-99DE-6A4A0536423F@microsoft.com... >I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it = an=20 > error message appears. > C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR = LOADED > I tried detect and re...

FRx errors with emailing reports
A customer is receiving error messages when emailing FRx reports - they don't seem to affect anything, the reports are sent and received via email and FRx doesn't close but with every report that they send, they get the same message. "Drill Down Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." DrillDown Viewer closes, FRx remains open. We have checked all of the settings to enable email, everything seems to be OK and the reports do get sent, just an annoyance having the message pop up every time. Has anyone seen this before...

How can I generate a user friendly error message when validating XML against a schema?
Hello When validating xml against a schema, the most frequent error I get is something like "The 'FOO' attribute has an invalid value according to its data type. An error occurred at , (25, 913)". That error message is not very user friendly, so I'd like to extract the data in the failing node along with its parent node data, and show that to the user. Do you know a way to do this? I don't think there's any other information about the error position than the line number and position. Yes, line number and position is the only information that you have to...

Corrupt hidden object in Inbox prevents Activesync to WM5 with 86000108 error?
I have an Exchange 2003sp2 and a Windows Mobile 5 device (Treo 750w) and I am having trouble synching my Inbox, getting the famous error: "Activesync encountered a problem on this server. Support Code:86000108" Calendar, contacts and tasks are synched without a problem, and when I change the settings to exclude the inbox, I do not recieve an error. After going through quite a few troubleshooting attempts, I think I may have a problem with an object in my Inbox that Activesync is choking on. But, even after emptying the Inbox of all content that I can see, I'm still ...

"can not create " error message
We have been experiencing this error message on terminal server 2003. This is never being a problem on windows 2000 server but since we have upgrade the system this has started. microsoft has give a solution KB 305982. It works but problem reoccurs ever now and then. Please help to resolve this problem ...

Filtered Mode Copying and pasting as value yield as error?
Dear All, While in filtered mode copying cell that consists formula and converting them into values yield as following error. Copy and paste area are not same so error. Is there any code or macro that can convert the cell consisting formula into value. Note:- The cell is in Filtered mode. Please assist? Rgds, Alighak06 I had the same problem and this macro worked for me, Range("------:------").Select Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select Selection.Copy Range("------").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, O...

UNICODE error
hi all, vc++ 6.0, win xp i am building a project with _UNICODE and UNICODE included in my preprocessor definitions under project setting. however, i got compilation error when i tried to called a function which accepts UNICODE string as parameters: here's my code: ------------------------------------------------------ CString sXslHeader ( _T("xml-stylesheet") ); m_pContHandler->processingInstruction( sXslHeader, wcslen( m_sXslHeader ), sXslHeaderParam.GetBuffer(sXslHeaderParam.GetLength()), ...

Synchronizing Error [8004010F-501-8004010F-0]
When synchronizing Outlook 2003 only when Outlook opens, some users are receiving the following error in their Sync Issues folders: 10:01:56 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 10:01:56 Synchronizing Mailbox 'username' 10:01:56 Synchronizing Hierarchy 10:01:57 Error synchronizing folder 10:01:57 [8004010F-501-8004010F-0] 10:01:57 The client operation failed. 10:01:57 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 10:01:57 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 10:01:57 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f...

404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1. We have a front-end/back-end configuration. OWA works well except when attempting to access calendar items in public folders. In personal folders, this is not a problem. The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time. Sometimes it opens properly. Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring up the item. This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public folder. Even with full owner permissions on t...

Error on server 2003 with EasyPDF
I am getting a random error that stops the pdf program on our server. Has anyone else had this issue? Run-time error ‘91’ object variable or With block variable not set ...

Error Message when closing Outlook XP SP2!
Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4510.0 ModName: mscorwks.dll ModVer: 1.1.4322.573 Offset: 00052781 I have the error file if someone has a debugger of some sort!! Thanks! It is called appcompat.txt.... Thanks! Joshua Miller ...

error opening address book when adding an appointment
I have used Outlook 2000 before but when I loaded it on my new compouter that runs Microsoft Vista I have been unable to add an apointment in the calendar. I always get a message "An error occured when attempting to open the Windows Adress Book. Unable to find the WAB DLL." Excel and Word are working fine. I don't use Outlook for e-mail. And am not trying to link the apointment with anyone else. You are using Outlook 2000 in Internet Only Mode. It is not compatible with Vista. You'll need to run one of the functional versions of Outlook. -- Russ Valentine ...

CHDKSK C: keeps returning error
hi guys running xp pro / sp3 / totally updated a month or so ago, tried to run a chkdsk for C drive; as usual the computer said it would be done at next boot. but I keep getting an error message "checking file system on c: The type of the file system is NTFS Cannot open volume for direct access Windows has finished checking this disk ... first of all, what would cause this? 2nd: why does it keep repeating every bootup? 3rd: how to correct and get CHKDSK running again, or at least to drop the error message? thanks, tZ "Torobi" <mishnu@velo...

TWAIN error (TWCC_BUMMER)
Hello, I'm having a strange problem that has come up on a Windows XP Home with SP2. It has a TWAIN scanner connected to USB. It comes up with a TWAIN error (General failure. Source immediately unloaded.) This error happens when the twain scanning applet is called from another program. If I run the program at the command line it functions perfectly. Nothing that I know of has been changed on the computer. I tried System Restore to go back a few days, but that didn't fix the problem. It seems to be a Windows issue with the way external programs are run and the resources av...

Run Time Errors
Since loading version 2.00108 we seem to get more run time errors. The most recent issue was when we were adding items and changed an item from standard to matrix. The full error report was: run time error 2147217900 (80040e14) Line 1: incorrect syntax near '?' We use both vista and xp and seem to get more errors with vista. Thoughts?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_12F4_01C7A89D.F02002B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable coupleofdogs, OK, I give up! =20 How do you change a Stand...

Chart Errors
I have created a chart using 100% stacked columns. I want my values to show the % each value contributes to a total. I.E. Overage, Current Collections and Total Goal. The chart looks great; however, whenever I update my current collections, the percentage doesn't calculate correctly. The chart seems to be adding all values together to come up with the percentage need and the goal doesn't seem to shrink. Any ideas? Are Overage, Current collections and Total Goal stacked on top of one another. If so, the % calculated would be based on the total of all three. "Scacci...

Error message #2
Hi We have created a custom attribute and inserted it on the Account Form. This field is a text box with a 4000 character limit. We have a specific account that when we add more than +-50 characters and try to save we receive an error message stating that 'A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values or try again.' No sub accounts are associated with this entity and this only occurs with a specific account. Any ideas as to what could be the cause of the problem. Thanks ...

Error 554 HVU:IP
Anyone else getting a lot of NDRs today with this error message in it? There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <exchange.domain.com #5.5.0 smtp;554-: (HVU:IP http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554hvuip.html> Apparantly AOL begain blocking emails that have URLs in the message that contain an IP address in place of a domain name. What is that all about? I've had about ten calls today already on this........ On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:33:01 -0700, SilverICE...