POP3 using Exchange 2003

I am trying to allow a user to access his Exchange 2003 mailbox off-site
using POP3 via Outlook 2003.  After clicking “Test Account Settings”, all the
items pass except “Log onto the incoming mail server”.  The machine
Administrator account, however, completes all items successfully.  Even users
created using the Administrator template are not able to log on; only the
built-in Administrator account.  All users have POP3 enabled on the “Exchange
Features” tab.  How can I allow my other users to access POP3?

Thanks!

Extract Exchange Email Addresses to Postfix
If you use a postfix/spamassassin to relay email to/from your Exchange Servers, then this script will be a god-send to you. It dumps email addresses from Exchange to a relay_recipients file, then auto-uploads it to your box & restarts postfix (if the box is linux, anyways). http://www.castellan.net/extract_exchange/default.htm I have administrators run this script every time they add a user or group to the system. It really helps cut down on crap emails. ...

POP3 and IMAP services not starting
Starting IMAP returns: The IMAP4 Service is not Started And in Services the IMAP4 is listed as Starting and appears to be stuck there. (Sometimes starting IMAP gives a 'Returned a service-specific error' but there is no IMAP specific messages in the event viewer, however there are a number of MAPI errors that suggest that the Information Store is not started, even though it says that it is) Trying to start POP3 gives: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress ...

can't send email POP3 error message
The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject '', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D getting this error message when trying to sned an email please help Who is your mail server? Those settings aren't even close. SMTP is not a host or a server. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-...

What template do I use for Avery label 8395 in publisher
Label 5895 in page setup, it is the same size as 8395 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "suzannett" <suzannett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08305733-E0E2-4954-B425-E4B2CCE44626@microsoft.com... > ...

outlook 2003 #32
My outlook keeps resending the same messages over and over and over. I have repaired the software as well as reinstalled it. I have also done a virus scan. Any suggestions? ...

Font problem with Outlook 2003, please read.
Basically in a nutshell I want to read all of my e-mail messages in font Verdana size 9. I have it set up so that most of the messages come in with Verdana size 9 but some get through with Arial and various other fonts. How do I accomplish having every single e-mail come through always in Verdana size 9? Thank you so much in advance. You can try setting Outlook to read all your emails in text format (Options | Preferences | Email Options | Read all standard mail....). Once you've done that, you can set your plain text font to verdana 9. Ok that worked but what if I want to ke...

Highlighting multiple inboxes (Outlook 2003)
My boss has over 100 separate inboxes. They all have "show in groups" on. He wants that option off. Is there anyway to highlight all of the inboxes, or do I have to manually change every individual inbox? The only way I know of to change the views of multiple folders would be to open Outlook from a Run line using the command Outlook.exe /cleanviews and click Enter. This will reset ALL views in Outlook back to the default views other than that the view of each folder is controlled individually. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- ...

Excel 2003
I need to use the Autofilter on the first column of data. However, each cell in the first column is actually two cells (two rows merged), and it is not filtering properly. e.g. 1962 Jane Doe 13 15 27 Hired xxxx 4 7 10 1974 John Smith 27 15 30 Hired xxxx 12 7 10 As you can see, there are two rows of data for each entry in the first column. When I use Autofilter I only get the top line of data. How can I change it so I get both rows of data when filtering on the first column? Don't use merged ce...

Cannot move or delete mailbox on Exchange 5.5
Hello, I haven't been able to find information on this issue and was hoping someone has run into this issue. When trying to move a mailbox to another 5.5 server I receive a client operation failed error. When I try to delete the mailbox I get and event id 1203 Failed to delete mailbox.....with error 0xfffffc07. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Beth Beth A 0xfffffc07 error indicates a damaged database, as mentioned in this article. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328671 You may have a damaged database. Options woud be to restore from tape, or perform some kind of database mainten...

Event ID: 9646 Source: MSExchangeIS in Windows 2003/Exchange2003
I just started to get this event in my application log. Event ID: 9646 Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Mapi session "/o=Exchangeorginfo/cn=Recipients/cn=Username" exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session". Can someone explain what is happening? Is there a hotfix or workaround for this? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Hi, This behavior may occur if both the following conditions are true: - You have installed Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) on your Exchange Server computer. - A program that is running on a client computer opens many MAP...

need pcx graphics filter for excel 2003
Anyone know where I can find a pcx graphic filter for excel 2003? ...

How do you edit the default "over quota" message in Exchange 2003
For an Exchange 2003 system, how do you edit the default "over size limit" message that is sent to an Exchange user who is over the specified mailbox limit? (see below for example) I've been digging around in the Exchange System Manager, and can't find where you can customize this message. Any ideas? Raleigh -- Raleigh Moody Network Engineer California Western School of Law San Diego, CA remove the xxx From: System Administrator Subject: Your mailbox is over its size limit Importance: High Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator. ...

Conditional format using "Indirect"
I have 2 worksheet 1st destination(IR) 2nd source (Amt) I would like to have (IR sheet column highlighted if source (AMT) contains number. I have used indirect("'ir'!F)&ROW(F3))>0 and this command works if data is contained in rows. How can i incorporate in column instead of rows? I have Tried indirect("'ir'!3<-(starting row)&Column(F3))>0 and i have failed to trigger CF. Can anyone help? See your other post -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "djc" <djc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF880A43-BA5F-4F02-AD9C-D880F...

MS Exchange Active Synch Error
Running Exchange 2003, sp2 on Windows 2000 Server. Exchange ActiveSynch has been working fine, up until very recently. When any PDA either running Windows 2002 or Window Mobile 5.0 tries to synch, I get the following error: Error 85010001. I have checked the protocols, but cant seem to resolve ...

Use variables for a chart
Hello, I have used Excel in the past, but nothing to this extreme. I have a worksheet with about 15-20 columns. At the top of these columns I created a toggle button for each column. One of the columns consist of trimesters, another is in years others have data. What I would like to do is create a chart on my worksheet which would be populated using the trimesters, years, and the data for that particular column. Is this possible or do I have to create a chart for each column? I was wonder maybe I need to run some code behind the button to popluate another column with the particul...

exchange smtp outbound mail
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me, a number of my customers have Microsoft Exchange servers (predominantly Exchange 2000) and many are on BT Broadband connections with dynamically assigned IP addresses. Previously they have relayed outbound mail through mail.btinternet.com, this has allowed them because they are on a BT connection. The problem I have is that BT have just changed this server (March 22nd) to require authentication, not a bad idea but a real nuissance for anyone using an Exchange server. Does anyone know of a way to get Exchange 2000 to use authentication when sending ou...

Exchange Router Install
I appear to have CRM server up and running fine and have just come across a problem when trying to install the Exchange E-mail Router. I step through the installation wizard and all of my input is accepted fine. As soon as the installer starts though, I am getting "Invalid command line argument - consult the windows installer SDK for detailed command line help (80070667) I can only think that one of the arguments that were passed to the command line wasn't acceptable - Any Suggestions??? Thanks Figured it out - We were using strong passwords for the account we were installing un...

mfc/c++ -> emulate user using ssh
I'm having to do things "the hardway" because an organization won't let me run an application on their box, but the organization has no problem giving me ssh access, so... I need to write an application that will emulate a user that is using ssh to login onto a box and then execute commands as required by the controlling application. I need to be able to keep the connection open between commands. I really don't know what commands/functions/api I need to use (i.e. where to start), but once you point me in the right direction, I'm good to go. Thanks, Rein If my mem...

CToolBar doesnt look correct when not using doc/view to create CFrameWnd
Im creating a CFrameWnd using the Create function and not using the doc/template model. I am trying to add a CToolBar to it but it doesnt look correct - its doesnt appear level with the CMenu i have at the top of the window. Ive removed the client edge in precreatewindow but that hasnt worked. Sorry bout the lack of code - i dont have the project available at the time of posting this message. Has anyone any ideas or tried to do the same thing? Thanks Andy It should look the same as the wizard generated look for a doc-view project. You can take the code out of CMainFrame::OnCreate i...

Exchange 2003 SP2 installation #2
Currently, I only have exchange 2003 without any service pack. Can I just install SP2 or I have to install SP1 and then SP2? Can anyone clarify this? thanks. Hi John, Yes you can install just the SP2 without installing SP1. What I might suggest is that you bring down the exchange services and do a complete backup of the database before doing this. If you have a test or lab environment try installing it in here to see if there are any issues or problems. "John" wrote: > Currently, I only have exchange 2003 without any service pack. Can I just > install SP2 or I ha...

Message cannot be opened by Outlook Web Access 2003
User not able to use Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2003 (OWA) to open, reply to, or forward some messages in the Exchange 2003 Server information store when accessing outside LAN environment. When tried to use OWA to open, reply to, or forward the message, the browser return an "The page cannot be Found" error message. However, if user use Microsoft Outlook & OWA within the LAN environment, user can open the message without any problem. "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote: >User not able to use Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2003 (OWA) to open, reply >to,...

Exchange logs and AWStats
I am attempting to use AWStats to generate a report for my Exchange 2003 server. The log files that my server creates are nothing like the log formats AWStats suggests and I am having a hard time mapping them. Does anyone out there use AWStats? Do you have a working LogFormat in your config file? I need to map client host, receiver host, method, url, bytes and time. I am worried about the format of the time and really do not know what they want for method or url. Thanks in advance... ...

55sp4 on nt4sp6a -> 2003 on 2003
....so we want to upgrade our trusty exchange 5.5 box, but we don't have AD in place yet. Which should we do first? Why? Thanks for any advice. Rich Matheisen posted this to a previously posted question regarding migration. Might find it useful. You'll have to upgrade to 2003 AD first, then install an exchange 2003 server to your existing site after running the ADC from the exchange CD, move the mailboxes over, move the public folders over, and decomission the old server. That's the quick highlight answer, but the devil is in the details, as they say. :) I'm planning o...

Issues opening tasks in Outlook 2003
I am receiving an error message when I get a task assigned to me. I can send tasks to others and they can accept or decline etc, and I can open thier responses. If someone sends me a task this is the error message that I get, "Can't open this item. Outlook cannot do this action on this type of attachment" any ideas?? Thanks Your question may be better answered in an Outlook newsgroup which is appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvp...

Stop pending recovery point job using management shell in DPM2007
Hi all, Sorry if this has been posted before, This is my environment: win 2008 32 bit patched, DPM2007, dpm management shell. I run recovery point job for application server and synchronization every 1 hour, and run full backup every day at 8 pm. Every night when the 8 pm full backup runs, it needs more than 1 hour to finish, which causes the recovery point job schedule at 9pm , 10 pm, 11 pm and so on are postponed. I have to manually stop all the postponed jobs in the morning every day, Is there any script that I can schedule and run in dpm management shell to stop the rec...