pop3 #2

hi

i have windows 2003 server, and exchange, i want download pop3 email from
outside, (in sbs there was a pop3 connector) how can  i do it in this case?

thx mate

0
rebirth (2)

You will need a 3rd party POP connector.
Check www.slipstick.com for options.

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm
"Mate Visky" <rebirth@netet.hu> wrote in message
> hi
>
> i have windows 2003 server, and exchange, i want download pop3 email from
> outside, (in sbs there was a pop3 connector) how can  i do it in this
case?

> thx mate

0
martinb (199)
5/4/2004 8:10:23 PM
Popcon is amazing, check it out (Google it)

-Daniel

"Martin Blackstone [MVP - Exchange]" <martinb@myrealbox.com> wrote in
message news:%23w$zQQhMEHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> You will need a 3rd party POP connector.
> Check www.slipstick.com for options.
>
> --
> Martin Blackstone
> MVP - Exchange
>
> http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
>

> http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm
> "Mate Visky" <rebirth@netet.hu> wrote in message
> > hi
> >
> > i have windows 2003 server, and exchange, i want download pop3 email
from
> > outside, (in sbs there was a pop3 connector) how can  i do it in this
> case?
> >
> > thx mate

0
dan7716 (10)

Indicate matching records across 2 forms
I have a form with 18 seperate fields. frm_Points Run_point_Venue_A Run_point_Venue_B Run_point_Venue_C and so on... I have another form which is Called 'frm_Getrounds' with a field called 'Note' Though there are not 18 matching records for 'Note'; any one of the 18 fields can match any of the contents of 'Note'. Though they only match once. In other words the 'Notes' contents are unique, as are the fields on 'frm_Points' and will not repeat. Both Forms are bound by a Primary Key: [Run_No] an example of both forms is below: frm_Point...

Using 2 Inboxes but want sent items to go to respective Sent boxes
Hi I manage 2 In Boxes (I log in as my main profile for outlook and have the 2nd attached to my profile) for my work place with Outlook XP. However when I send e-mails, all sent mail is automatically placed in my main profiles Sent basket. What I want to know is, is there a way to have Outlook to have the sent mail iotems from my 'secondary' inbox attached to my main profile to send it to the secondary e-mail profiles sent box and not the default one for my main profile... Many thanks If you have multiple Identities via which you can send, your reply-to o From email would...

linker problem #2
I've just moved to a new machine and everything is OK except that about 20% of the time the linker fails and reports Linking... LINK : error : Internal error during EmitMap ExceptionCode = C0000005 ExceptionFlags = 00000000 ExceptionAddress = 0043FA43 NumberParameters = 00000002 ExceptionInformation[ 0] = 00000000 ExceptionInformation[ 1] = 7375708B CONTEXT: Eax = 7375705F Esp = 0012F7C0 Ebx = 00591962 Ebp = 0012F8DC Ecx = 4D89D38B Esi = 0085A61E Edx = 00591962 Edi = 0085A61E Eip = 0043FA43 EFlags ...

synchronizing #2
I was wondering if anyone knew how to sychronize office XP with two different computers. If you know please let me knows. Thanks ...

Closing billing cycle #2
I'm getting an error message when I close the billing cycle that 4 customers are out of balance and it won't let me close any accounts. I've looked at the customers and I can't see anything wrong with them. Any suggestions? Basically what it is telling is that your the Accounts Receivable and the Last Closing Balance for those 4 customers do not match. You need to make them equal, in order to do that you need to make note of the Accounts Receivable Balance and the Customer Account Number from the error message. Then run this SQL statement in SO Admin UPDATE Customer SET ...

Appointment Reminders #2
I am running Outlook XP on WIN NT 4.0, when i recieve reminders for appointments it only shows in the taskbar. On Outlook 98 on WIN NT, the reminder use to pop up mid screen. Is there a fix? Thanks. Kevin <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Outlook XP on WIN NT 4.0, when i recieve > reminders for appointments it only shows in the taskbar. > On Outlook 98 on WIN NT, the reminder use to pop up mid > screen. Is there a fix? Thanks. What is checked in the "When new items arrive in my Inbox" section of Tools>Options>E-mail Optio...

Urgent
Running RMS 2.0.0113 with SQL server 2.0 I receive error #-2147217871 when doing a recall of a workorder. The Query shown is: SET NOCOUNT ON SELECT [oRDER}.id, [Order].time, [Order].referenceNumber, isnull(customer.lastname,"), [Order].comment from[order] left outer join customer on [order].customerid= customer.id where ([order].type = ?) and ([Order].closed = 0) and (([Order].customerid = ?) or (? = 0)) order by [order].time This appears to an on and off situation as of this morning. I have not had this problem before this and no system changes were implemented. I did a reindex t...

Outlook 2000 cannot retrieve pop3 message on LAN connection
Dear Newsgroup member, I have fresh install Windows XP home edition on Fujitsu notebook together with Outlook 2000 program. I connect my notebook to Ethernet network and I can access to Internet via Internet connection sharing on another computer as gateway. I have configure (test) pop3 and smtp account setting for outlook. When I try to download email from pop3 mail server, it appear message sound as "some message couldn't retrieve from server..." but I able to send out email via same connection. After this I disconnect my notebook from network and using dial up acce...

flow charts #2
When I was in construction, we had a paper flow chart that had horizonal lines for WHO and for HOW LONG. First day of construction (April 1st) was for the earth movers, (7 days) Just underneath that was the survayors. (Started on the 5th day of earth movers and lasted 4 days) Then came the trenchers to put in the underground piping (April 8th, for 3 days), Electricians (April 8th 4 days) If you get the gist of the chart, is there one out there that will simply show this? BTW, the bars were colored and you could see at a glance as to what was supposed to be happening on any given day....

Outlook 2002 Post Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package
Where can I locate and download the hotfix (kbQFE kbbug kbfix kbofficexppresp3fix KB821804 kbAudEndUser)? I have not been able to it. ...

Complicated sort #2
I had to edit the formula, but I was able to get it to work to a certai point. Thanks - saved me a bunch of tim -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26859 ...

softball team #2
Ok I'm in a bind , I would like to be abel to keep track of my girls softball team rotation. I would like to keep track of batting order and player positions for 12 girls we play 4 innings and play 8games. There is a template on here that would work but it is set up for 13 girls and 12 games and 6 inning. Can I adjust that template to fit my needs. That template I found when I typed in t-ball and it was created by Joel. Please someone help. ...

Random Number Generator #2
I am using the Excel Random Number Generator in a Monte Carlo simulation. When I open a separate very large file and do a copy/paste from the Monte Carlo into the separate file, the random number generator seems to have a distinct upward bias (from the time of the copy/paste until the very large file is closed). Anyone with insight into the cause and/or solutions would be very much appreciated. Jeff - Which version of Excel? Which random number generator? (RAND, Analysis ToolPak, or VBA RND) Describe how someone could replicate your steps. Describe how you are measuring "dis...

Formatting Cell Text #2
I have a spreadsheet that contains about 61 pages of information. Each row is 1 cell that we've made larger to accomidate an address being centered in the cell using spaces and word wrap. In Excel 2000 it was fine. We've upgraded to Excel 2003 and now the formatting is lost. The cell shows the text all over the place kind of like it is taking the spaces as text entry and without manually going into each cell and backspacing we can't get it to line up. Is there some option that we don't have ticked or did the upgrade change the formatting of the cell someway? In 20...

Hyperlinks #2
I am creating a spreadsheet that has a column of web addresses. How do I turn off the hyperlink feature in Excel? I just want the column to be in text format. Thanks. W Weldin ...

setting up 2 hotmail accounts in outlook 2002
From what I have seen, I should be able to set up 4 hotmail accounts in outlook 2002, butr I have only 2, and the second keeps getting a timeout error: I have tried deleting an recreating the account in outlook, but it makes no difference, and I have looked in knowledge base without getting a solution that works. Help? ...

Reducing file size #2
I have a worksheet/file that is 20mb because it contains a lot of links, formulas, and apparently some embedded coding. I think the coding is there because the file uses Hyperion Essbase to retrieve data from a financial general ledger. In order to reduce the file size, I highlight the entire sheet, select copy, then paste values into a new worksheet in a new file. This leaves me with approximately 8,000 rows and 20 columns of data. The size of the new file is 12mb. I would expect the new file size to be much less than 12mb. Is there a way to further reduce the file size, or am I ...

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

Trying to make a duplicate roster with a button. #2
That seems like it would be easier, but sometimes easier isn't what i wanted... : -- virte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- virtex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26516 ...

Excel8.olb corrupt with no admin permissions #2
I've been struggling with an odd issue here for several days. Situation is as follows: As per company directive, all users are required to members of the local Users group on their NT or in2K workstations, and to not be members of the Power Users or Administrators groups. With one particular user, if he does not have admin rights on his machine, he gets an error when opening Excel about excel8.olb or excel9.ob (depending on the version of office) being missing and corrupt (and I have to kill the application, as the error pops up constantly). If he's a member of the Administrators grou...

Capacity #2
What is the capacity of charactors in a cell? A cell can contains 32K characters, although only about 1K can be displayed. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Javster95" <Javster95@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7C11F82-DE46-485C-8BCC-6D5DCE6182CD@microsoft.com... > What is the capacity of charactors in a cell? Just to add to Chip's reply... If you sprinkle alt-enter (to force a new line within the cell) every 80 or 100 characters, you can see lots more than the documented 10...

I have a user that is receiving (seemingly randomly) NDR's stating "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." This has occured when sending to either internal users and to external Internet users (like AOL and Earthlink). Also, this has occured with new emails, replies and forwards. We are running Exchange 2003 with SP1. However, this user accessing his email via POP3 rather than directly through Outlook. There are no errors or Access Denied messages in any of the event logs relating to this user. At this point in time, it appears that this problem is only...

Array help #2
Have sheet1!as follows: A B Item Quantity 111 30 112 40 113 20 111 25 Sheet2! Item Inventory 111 100 112 100 113 100 114 100 Need the sum of the items in sheet1! to subtract from the item inventory on sheet21 Thanks Pat -- pflynn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pflynn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27763 View this thread: http://www....

upgrade #2
Is an upgrade possible from the 98 version of publisher to the 2003 version? My office uses the 03 version and I have 98 on my personal computer. Even though I have purchased a new computer it does not help me to upgrade to the new 07 version because I can't easily move back and forth with the software in our office. I can no longer find a link that will give me a definitive answer but my instinct says it will work. HOWEVER...you may find it difficult to purchasing the 2003 upgrade. Pub 2007 has been out for several months and fewer and fewer places are selling the older software....

Certification #2
Is there any ERP certification program or GP certification that is recognized industry wide? Where are the exams taken and what�s the best training and study material? Not knowing where you are located, I would recommend the training center operated by Integrated Business Group in Orlando Florida. The web site is www.IBGNET.com. Or you can call and talk to Roxanne (407) 677-0370. Tell her I recommended them to you. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.Acc...