Pop Imap NNTP ETC Servers Won't Start

I open system manager, goto pop server, right click and click on start.
After a few minutes I get a message did not respond in a timely fashion and
to look at event viewer for information. There is nothing there.

When I go to tools then status I find that my service group says critical n,
which indicates to me that something is not running. How do I trouble shoot
this?

  Rejean Proulx
Visit my family at http://interfree.ca
MSN is: rejean@interfree.ca
Ham License VA3REJ

0
rejean1 (1)

Have you modified the service start state from disabled to manual or
automatic?

Nue
"Rejean Proulx" <rejean@interfree.ca> wrote in message
>I open system manager, goto pop server, right click and click on start.
>After a few minutes I get a message did not respond in a timely fashion and
>to look at event viewer for information. There is nothing there.
>
> When I go to tools then status I find that my service group says critical
> n, which indicates to me that something is not running. How do I trouble
> shoot this?
>
>  Rejean Proulx
> Visit my family at http://interfree.ca
> MSN is: rejean@interfree.ca
> Ham License VA3REJ

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/1/2006 12:17:12 AM
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:07:11 -0500, "Rejean Proulx"
<rejean@interfree.ca> wrote:

>I open system manager, goto pop server, right click and click on start.
>After a few minutes I get a message did not respond in a timely fashion and
>to look at event viewer for information. There is nothing there.

Microsoft POP3 Service started? By default, it set to disabled in a
new Exch 2003 install.

>When I go to tools then status I find that my service group says critical n,
>which indicates to me that something is not running. How do I trouble shoot
>this?
>
>  Rejean Proulx
>Visit my family at http://interfree.ca
>MSN is: rejean@interfree.ca
>Ham License VA3REJ

0
adavid (8731)

CRM repair problem: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RepairBulkOp
Hi, got the following problem when trying to repair Mircrosoft CRM: 11:17:10| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.TurnOnSetupModeAction 11:17:10| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RepairBulkOperationProcessAction 11:17:10|Verbose| Retrieving CUserAuth data ... 11:17:10| Info| CUserAuth.UserId: {2315eb52-9a9e-da11-ad6d-00123fc10a29} 11:17:10| Info| CUserAuth.MerchantId: {b036f143-9a9e-da11-ad6d-00123fc10a29} 11:17:21| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RepairBulkOperationProcessAction failed....

problem with multiple SMTP domains in Exchange Server 2003
Hi there I have added a second SMTP domain to the Email Addresses (Policy) as follows: Recipients > Recipient Policies > Default Policy > Email Addresses (Policy) > New ... > SMTP Address > @xyz.com > (checked) This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery > to this address > Apply. When I do so, I no longer receive external emails on the first SMTP domain (@abc.com). Is this related to relay settings, or perhaps something else? Best regards Loane ...

Outlook hangs when starting
Good day all could somebody please instruct me on how to delete a large email from a users inbox that is preventing Outlook from starting or at least, taking a very long time to start? We access our internal email from our own mail server. regards France France <francet@lantic.net> wrote: > Good day all > could somebody please instruct me on how to delete a large > email from a users inbox that is preventing Outlook from > starting or at least, taking a very long time to start? > We access our internal email from our own mail server. See <http://groups.google.com...

SQL Server
I'm currently using MS-Access to write reports using a SQL Server db as the data source in a client/server arrangement. The database is sufficiently large (2gb) that data retrieval speed is an issue. The current setup is linked tables to the SQL Server db via ODBC, and then the usual queries. 1. Can views and/or stored procedures on the SQL Server side along with paramaterized queries provide a significant performance boost? 2. I've read that views and stored procedures can be created w/i Access. Is this the same as creating them in SQL Server? 3. Are there other things I sho...

User can not acces from home the EXchange server
Currently we allow our users to access there email VIA the web using http:yayaya.com/exchange. however one of my user's is unable to log in this way. On-site using outlook he has no problem but when he try's entering his login name and password via the web he gets a message saying username and password are incorrect. For some reason it will not validate his information. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

start IE in protected mode
I have vbscript that starts IE with Set oIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application"). How do I do the same but in protected mode? Thank, LJB IE "Protected Mode" is only available and on by default in Vista and up because it is based on new security features in those OSs. "LJB" wrote: > I have vbscript that starts IE with Set oIE = > CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application"). How do I do the same but in > protected mode? > > Thank, > LJB > > > . > LikeToCode wrote: > IE &quo...

Saving Monthly Accounts and starting a new Month?
Hi Everyone, I really enjoy the Access Database System it has helped me a lot with my accounts but I must be doing something wrong because, I keep opening new databases for each month instead of it following on from the previous month and using the same "Categories!." So my question is How do I save the previous month and let it be stored, and start a new month on the same system or page but without adding up what has been put in the system... If you know what I`m on about. Thank you Angeldelight... melting in the UK weather :) Hard to advise without some info ...

Help: message "Requesting data from Exchange Server"
Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange 2000. Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? "Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up >message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we >try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange >2000. > >Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? Depends to a greater or lesser extent ...

Start DB when not connected to network
Scenario: Currently calling the function SynchronizeDBs in the On Open Event of the Start-up form. The function is called out as follows: =SynchronizeDBs("C:\Documents and Settings\...\IDB HubR1.mdb","\\ww007\...IDB Hub.mdb",1) The function code is: Function SynchronizeDBs(strDBName As String, strSyncTargetDB As String, _ intSync As Integer) Dim dbs As DAO.Database Set dbs = DBEngine(0).OpenDatabase(strDBName) Select Case intSync Case 1 'Synchronize replicas (bidirectional exchange). dbs.Synchronize strSyncTargetDB, dbRepImpExpChanges Case 2 'Synch...

What is the formula for series: Jan-04, Feb-04, Mar-04, etc.?
Hi Kitty, =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1) -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "kitty" <kitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C586891-2883-47B9-A3DE-AF77D4A9799E@microsoft.com... > Hi kitty, One way of doing it is with the formula below: If you have a date is cell A1 (01/01/04) and you want cell B1 to sho you the following month insert in B1 the formula below. =EOMONTH(A1,0)+1 You may have to install the "add in" the ToolPak in order for th formula to work other wise you will get a #NAME?, error. Hope thi helps -- Fa...

Removing an exchange server member
I have a 2000 exch backend and a 2003 exch frontend setup. The front end hard disk just recently died. And so was not correctly un installed from AD. There are still elements of exchange hanging around. For instance, in the system manager. But the system manager wont let me delete the front end server under the first administrative group. Do i have to use adsiedit to remove this or is there a much simplier way. Cheers Paul To my best knowledge, it adsiedit. "Yakeni" <Yakeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B352B981-F5B7-4527-8A48-04E3976C99D9@microsoft.c...

Why is Outlook 2003 synchronizing folders from a PoP email account!
I have one internet email account. No Exchange. I loaded Outlook 2003 3 days ago. All of a sudden. Today, it is synchronizing my folders. It takes forever and seems to be in some kind of a loop. 2 hours and still no email downloaded. Let the games begin, again. Another product from Microsoft with major bugs right out of the shoot. SP1 ready yet? Any Microsoft employees here care to tell me how to disable the synchronization of my folders to other folders that don't exist? Do you care to tell us what options you selected before shooting off your opinions about Microsoft???? --� Milly S...

HQ Client
We are trying to process 501 worksheet from different stores. But these worksheets are getting timed out. There are about 40K items on each store. We tried communicating one store at a time, but with no results. Can someone help? Thanks in advance ...

xp desktop and start button missin
cant get into to windows even in safe mode have to go to task manager to open anytgin In task mgr,locate "new task",type: cmd In cmd type: CHKDSK C: After,you may want to type: Sfc /Scannow Install xp cd,exit the menu page.Once its thru,remove xp cd,type: CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart,type: EXIT Restart pc. "jen" wrote: > cant get into to windows even in safe mode have to go to task manager to open > anytgin ...

Can not start MS exchange MTA stack Event ID120
Source : MSExchangeMTA categories: Configuration Event ID: 120 Unable to initailize due to missing or dammaged configuration files the ASN.1 template file 14 is either missing or corrupt. Reload a new copy from Installed CD. What does it mean? It mean my install cd rom is dammage ,right? Any one can tell me. thanks yim_cm@hotmail.com (Thana) wrote: >Source : MSExchangeMTA >categories: Configuration >Event ID: 120 > Unable to initailize due to missing or dammaged configuration files >the ASN.1 template file 14 is either missing or corrupt. Reload a new >copy from I...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

web server does not open
I published a website http://a542104.uscgaux.info using FP several months ago. Accessing this site for installing/maintenance requires a user ID and password. Recently when I tried to update (the website uses FP Extensions, which I had used before with no problem) the site I get an error message with several options, none of which apply. The ID and password are correct, since I can access the cpanel by using them. But now, when I try to upload new pages from my computer, the website doesn't recognize me at all and does not even ask for the ID and password. Any suggestions...

SMTP-Virtual Server -Emails Stuck
Dear All, I have something happen here, which is UPNORMAL. We were having workgroup with 25 users, and one WinProxy Box with 2 Nic cards on it, and one connected to the LAN, and one connect to the ISP through VSAT with Real IP. No DNS internal at all, all of my users configured with Default gateway of the internal IP of WinProxy , and also able to browse internet with WebProxy client of WinProxy. Also, the mail server which is hosted in USA, we were using POP3 on MS-outlook behind the WinProxy- i mean in the configuration of outlook, we used to put the IP-Address of WinProxy i...

Server install not taking my disk 2
I'm installing from Microsoft volume licensing disks. After the installation is mostly done, while installing SQL Server Reporting Services, I get prompted to insert the next disk. I pop in disk #2 (or #3 for that matter), and it doesn't proceed - it simply continues to ask for the next disk. I'm installing to a virtual server using VMware. Also, I thought it odd that the disks are from different months, but apparently that's how it's supposed to be. Disk 1 is dated Feb 2006, Disk 2 is Dec 2005, and Disk 3 is May 2006. Any ideas of what could be wrong?? Might try...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

downloading files from http server
hi! i've got following problem: i have to download a .dat file from http server. I'm trying to do this using CHttpFile. When the file has extension like .htm or html evetithing works fine, but when m change the extension to ..dat the program throws exception (place: pFile->SeekToEnd() - i'm doing this to get file size). How to correct this kind error? How about using URLDownloadToFile? Its rather straightforward. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "menkaur" <menkaur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22491173-E754-4958-B181-9E700...

Home Server
I've seen post here that Windows Home Server makes a good Backup solution. I have set one up at home and so far works great. Problem I'm having is access to the server remotly. Is RDP blocked or some firewall setting preventing access remotly ? I can RDP to the box on the lan just fine but even though I've opened Port 3389 on the Router I can't access it remotly. (strange because it works on the lan) I can RDP remotly to my XP Pro Notebook connected to the same router if I change the IP to my notebook. (My ISP does not block ports) I have never tr...

Missing Exchange Server in Console
? I have an exchange site with 2 servers. 1 server has all the services shut down The 2nd server is up, working, and people recieve mail just fine. The 2nd server does not show up in the list of servers to be managed. What can I do to fix this? Thanks -Tom On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:51:44 -0400, "edev" <edev@siscom.net> wrote: >? > >I have an exchange site with 2 servers. >1 server has all the services shut down >The 2nd server is up, working, and people recieve mail just fine. > >The 2nd server does not show up in the list of servers to be managed. &g...

Exchange 5.5+Firewall+OWA on server that it is on the DMZ
Hi I have Exchange 5.5 server in my lan. On the DMZ I have mail relay. I have firewall that. How can I install OWA on the server that in the DMZ and Whitch ports should I open in the Firewall? Than'x S ugh. Dont install OWA in the DMZ. On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 22:42:59 +0200, "Shay Hanya" <shay@telecode.co.il> wrote: >Hi > >I have Exchange 5.5 server in my lan. >On the DMZ I have mail relay. >I have firewall that. > >How can I install OWA on the server that in the DMZ and Whitch ports should >I open in the Firewall? > >Than'x >S &...