POP connector - mail date problem

Hi,

I'm a total newbee to Exchange! I've just installed SBS 2003 and configured
the POP3 Connector in Exchange to retrieve mail messages from the POP
mailbox to my Exchange mailbox.

Everything works fine besides that all mail messages get the date from
synhronization in stead of the actual mail message date. Can this be
configured so the date of a mail message in the Exchange mailbox is the same
as the actual date of the mail message in the POP mailbox?

Thx,
Dennieku

0
dennieku (1)

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:13:50 +0200, "Dennieku" <dennieku@hotmail.com>
hired a team of monkeys to write:

>Hi,
>
>I'm a total newbee to Exchange! I've just installed SBS 2003 and configured
>the POP3 Connector in Exchange to retrieve mail messages from the POP
>mailbox to my Exchange mailbox.
>
>Everything works fine besides that all mail messages get the date from
>synhronization in stead of the actual mail message date. Can this be
>configured so the date of a mail message in the Exchange mailbox is the same
>as the actual date of the mail message in the POP mailbox?

No. Another reason you should use SMTP to deliver the mail directly
and not mess with tools designed to do things the protocols never
intended.

--
Chris Scharff
Messaging Services Architect

Don't find fault, find a remedy. - Henry Ford

Mail Merge
Hi I'm working with a mail merge that can spit out messages in two languages. I've already got the date formatted properly with \@"dd MMMM yyyy but I'm trying to get the month that it displays to go in french. How do I change that? ...

Age & Time Restricted Validation dates ...
>Birthdate in A43 >Issue Date in G37 >New Valid to Date ( ? ) in K37 Restrictions are: >Age<40=12 months (to the 1st day of the following month) >Age>40=6 months (to the 1st day of the following month) >Revalidation grace period=90 days prior to Valid to Date=normal Valid to Date >Revalidation prior to 90 day grace period=new Age <40 or Age>40 >Beyond Valid to date="Expired" How would I set this up? There is a continuation to this, but thought we could start from here. Happy New Year , & in Rememberance! .... Wayne THis is a certificate...

find the latest date in access 2007
hi there! I'm a bit stressed trying to get this sorted by I just cant! My question is the following. I have a database of three tables: Dis_cat, admission and patient. The Dis_cate table has only two categories : dead and alive. I just have to find out who was the last patient to die. I have this code in access: SELECT Dis_cat.category, Admision.outdate, Patient.pname FROM Patient INNER JOIN (Admision INNER JOIN Dis_cat ON Admision.dischno = Dis_cat.dischno) ON Patient.nhsno = Admision.nhsno WHERE (((Dis_cat.category)="dead")); But I cant find the latest date. I...

Cannot remove Internet Mail Service Connector
E2K3 SP1 I upgraded from 5.5 using the swing method so the new server had the same name as the old one I replaced. Now I'm getting this error: Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1732 Process location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=Internet Mail Service (CLAREPOST) The Internet Mail Service is grayed out in the Connectors area so I cannot make any changes or delete it, and I'd rather delete it and create a new one. So how can I delete it? ...

Mail Merge Outlook 2000 in Word 2000
I posted this on 10th but cannot find it (tried Find facility also) so am trying again. Apologies if I'm the only one who has not seen it. One of my Outlook categories is "Christmas Cards". I mail merge the contacts in that category to Word in the following way: Mailing Name Company Mailing Address Because I do not want the address to start at the very left hand side of the label, I place these nearer to the middle at the set-up section. When the contacts are merged, only the name, company and first line of the mailing address are where I want them to be. The remainder o...

Spam Folder not receiving Emails in Windows Live Mail
In my Windows Live mail i have added a folder to move all my spam into. Some of the spam i use, but the last couple of days i have received no emails at all with spam. I am receiving normal emails to my inbox. I use the Message Rules in Tools to move everything with "spam" into a separate folder. I have even cancelled this to see if that works. Any ideas would be great Thanks in advance Are you saying that the emails come with spam added to the Subject? If yes, then you have a spam program doing the labeling or your isp is doing the labeling. -- Ron Sommer MS...

No Mail Is Going Into JunkMail Folder
I recently did a new install including Office SP2. No mail is going into the Junkmail folder and this is getting out of hand again. What can be going on here? I have tried setting Low to High and still nothing. Need some real insight on this problem... -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ clintonG <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> wrote: > I recently did a new install including Office SP2. No mail is going > into the Junkmail folder and this is getting out of hand...

Re-applying 'Hyperlink'-character style to all internet and e-mail addresses
Dear Experts: I got a long document where internet and e-mail adresses such as ... www.google.de or info@factory.de .... have lost their character style "Hyperlink". How can I get Word via VBA to re-apply this character style to all occurrences of URL's and e-mail addresses. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas The solution depends on exactly what you mean by "have lost their character style "Hyperlink". If the text in question still consists of hyperlinks (that is, when you hover over one it shows the ...

My tech gets X's & O's when I e-mail him a word document?
My tech gets O & X when I send him a word document, what do I have to change? Possible solutions: 1. Make sure the recipient is trying to open the document with Word and not something like OpenOffice or Notepad. 2. Find out what version of Word the recipient is using and make sure your document is in a format compatible with that version. (Note that .doc can be opened by pretty much any version of Word.) 3. Save the document in Rich Text Format (.rtf) and send that instead of the Word document (.doc/.docx/.docm). 4. Convert the document to PDF and send that instead of ...

How to insert a current date
To insert Current date help page shows: Select a cell and press CTRL+; This could be Select a cell and press CTRL+Semicolon(;) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a107213f-e55a-4bd3-8e3...

CComboBox Assert Problem
I have read the MSDN documentation and the Programming Windows 5th Edition, but cannot figure out how to resolve this. The parent creates the dialog and attempts to add CStrings to the combobox control: SaveAsXfileDLG SX(this); int numMeshes = g_MeshContainer->GetNumMeshes(); for (int i = 0; i < numMeshes; i++) { pStrmesh = g_MeshContainer->GetMeshName(i); if (!SX.AddNameToList(pStrmesh)) { SX.EndDialog(IDCANCEL); return; } } In the combobox class I have this: BOOL SaveAsXfileDLG::AddNameToList(CString* Cname) { static int ItemIndex = 0; CCom...

Problem Reading Reminders
Each time I boot up I get the following message, "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for the appointment." I thought at first that if there was only a problem with one, I could wait and eventually it would be archived and no longer appear. But it has given me that message for Months now. Any suggestions as to what to do? Rob Monroe ...

reset task assignment due date
I have sent a task assignment for a deadline, and the deadline has changed. Is there a way to change the due date to a task assigned to more than one person? Please help. Amanda <amanda@madbooking.com> wrote: > I have sent a task assignment for a deadline, and the > deadline has changed. Is there a way to change the due > date to a task assigned to more than one person? Please Can't you forward that task with the updated due dat to those people? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is t...

Thorny problem graphing XAxis dates
Sorry, I'm not really sure how to state this question succinctly. I have data in an MSAccess Db re medications and the time\date and amounts taken. Mads are entered only in the db on days when they are taken yet I need the graph to show ALL days including days not taken. That is, days when the amount is inferred to be zero because no data appears for that day. Sorry, that's probably as clear as mud. Currently, I'm using VBA code to select the data, build a spreadsheet and then build a graph from the spreadsheet I built. The problem is that it (obviously) graphs only the days meds...

Double E-Mails #2
I am recieving double e-mails when people just send me one copy. It is not every time and I can't figure a pattern out. Any Ideas! Thanks for any help, Ryan ...

Crummy E mail service
This microsoft service sucks! I have spent 30 minutes changing my logins because this crummy site doesn't work!!!! Click on this (no login needed): news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Not interested in discussion groups." <Not interested in discussion = groups.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:664D9A77-6ED3-48A7-A94C-C2C234872B5A@microsoft.com... > This microsoft service sucks! I have spent 30 minutes c...

Eseutil problems
Hi there. Im having some trouble with eseutil . My exchange is down coz of inconsistent data but after i do an intergrity check and a repair , it start working. but i cannot open attachements. If i try to do a defrag , i get several error messages like , "Illegal duplicate" key for the first time and "bad signature for a log file " in the second attempt. somebody pls assist with some tips. Rgds You also need to run "isinteg -s <servername> -fix -test alltests Run that over and over until you get 0 errors, 0 fixes. The syntax is the same with 5.5 sans t...

IMAP sent-mail folder
Hi all. I have OUTLOOK 2002 - SP3. I'm trying to create a rule to put all sent msgs from an IMAP4 account into an IMAP FOLDER : sent-msg but it doesnt work. The rules is like : tools -> rules -> check msg after sending -> throught the account ... -> move a copy to IMAP sent msg folder all msg are moved to POP3 sent-msg folder but NOT in the IMAP sent-msg folder any idea ? are you connected to the imap server? do you have outlook saving all sent messages? if so, and if the connection to the imap is down, the move won't take place but a copy is saved locally. -- ...

Plotting Problems
I'm using Excel 2002 on an NT 4.0 system. When I copy numbers from an older version of Excel(95 or 97?), the numbers pasted are incorrect. Any ideas on why this is happening and ways to fix it? Thanks in advance, -- Wes Incorrect as in........? Insert your description here. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:39:05 -0700, Wes <Wes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using Excel 2002 on an NT 4.0 system. When I copy numbers from an older >version of Excel(95 or 97?), the numbers pasted are incorrect. Any ideas on >why this is happening and way...

UNICODE problem #2
I am trying to port my dll to UNICODE. So I have defined _UNICODE instead of _MBCS, after compiler complained that he could not find mfc42u.lib and mfcs42u.lib. I copied these two dll (from my Visual Studio 6 CD) into the \MFC\lib. And now when I compile I have the following message : msvcrt.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 Although I think it's stupid (since I am building a dll and not a .exe) I tried to put wWinMainCRTStartup in link/output and it compiles. The problem is everytime I call an exported function of the dll, it crashes. Please Help ...

Report website problems here
I reported the problem last week of the email not working properly. I was asked to send mycomments to the website below using the case number SRX1110134208ID. I recommend alld user to respond to this case number with their comments. I think it is silly that Microsfot doesn't maintain their own website properly and it take almost 2 weeks to fix problems that effect thousand of customers. https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1389&WS=managermail Were you having email problems with Publisher? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Joel"...

Date Functionality
So i want to add dates in Excel i want to say.. this is this month; next month is I would normally use DateAdd function.. or dateserial-- or something.. but these aren't working for me in Excel; it just gives me this annoying '#ERROR' bullshit i mean-- aren't these standard functions? aaron.kempf@gmail.com wrote... >So i want to add dates in Excel > >i want to say.. this is this month; next month is > >I would normally use DateAdd function.. or dateserial-- or something.. > >but these aren't working for me in Excel; it just gives me this >annoy...

Fundamental Problem With CDs
I must be doing something fundamentally wrong with the way I work with my CDs in Money 2005, and I'd appreciate some advice. I opened a one month CD a couple of years ago and I have just let the bank renew it automatically. When I enter the renewal information from the bank, Money requires me to "redeem" the CD, then "buy" a new CD. This is counter-intuitive since the bank uses the same account number. For example, I have to "redeem" CD Account 123 and "buy" a new CD Account 123 #2. Then a month later I "redeem" CD Account 123 #2 and...

Attachment Blocking Problem
Hi, We want to be able to block certain attachment types for our OWA users, (i.e. exe, bat, cmd etc) as these can harbour viruses. The reason for this, is that between our Exchange Front End Server and the client on the Internet we use an SSL encrypted tunnel (bridged by ISA Server Std 2004) in the middle and we are unable to scan inside the tunnel for viruses. We have implemented the recommended solution, as per knowledgebase article 830827, the Microsoft Exchange 2003 Client Access guide and the technet article at the following URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa9957...

Pivot tables problem
i just created a pivot table and he first row shows an empty row then the second showed data in it why so any help. Your source data has some blanks in it -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Amin" wrote: > i just created a pivot table and he first row shows an empty row then the > second showed data in it why so any help. ...