POP 3 connectivity

I installed SBS with sr 1 server service pack and SBS sr1 service pack and
Exchange Sr2.
On the same server I can browse the mailbox with internet explorer on
Outlook web access when i created the same account in Outlook express on the
same server when i do F5 it dose send and receive mail but it dosenot
download messages in Outlook Express .
Please advice?

Sarosh Tafti wrote:
> I installed SBS with sr 1 server service pack and SBS sr1 service pack and
> Exchange Sr2.
> On the same server I can browse the mailbox with internet explorer on
> Outlook web access when i created the same account in Outlook express on the
> same server when i do F5 it dose send and receive mail but it dosenot
> download messages in Outlook Express .
> Please advice?

Is the POP3 service started?
Can you telnet locahost 110 and receive a banner?
0
chad703 (15)
10/6/2006 9:14:16 PM
SMTP and
M/S Ex POP 3 services are started on the server

"Chad Mahoney" wrote:

> Sarosh Tafti wrote:
> > I installed SBS with sr 1 server service pack and SBS sr1 service pack and
> > Exchange Sr2.
> > On the same server I can browse the mailbox with internet explorer on
> > Outlook web access when i created the same account in Outlook express on the
> > same server when i do F5 it dose send and receive mail but it dosenot
> > download messages in Outlook Express .
> > Please advice?
>
> Is the POP3 service started?
> Can you telnet locahost 110 and receive a banner?

Smtp
M/s Ex pop3
both these services are started on the server

In news:F6F87569-0C44-459A-977D-62DF899D2069@microsoft.com,
Sarosh Tafti <SaroshTafti@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I installed SBS with sr 1 server service pack and SBS sr1 service
> pack and Exchange Sr2.
> On the same server I can browse the mailbox with internet explorer on
> Outlook web access when i created the same account in Outlook express
> on the same server when i do F5 it dose send and receive mail but it
> dosenot download messages in Outlook Express .
> Please advice?

Replied in another group. Please don't multipost - if you need to post to
multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single message
to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas) so that
everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)

0
lanwench (7567)

Chart #3
I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant Hi Quiana, Having difficulting understanding your question. Maybe you could provide a little more detail. Quiana wrote: > I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info To display a cell's text on a slant: 1. Select the cell 2. Choose Format>Cells 3. Select the Alignment tab 4. In the Orientation setting, drag the red diamond, or select a number of degrees 5. Click OK Quiana wrote: > I'm...

How can I monitor open database connections?
I need to resolve some issues with a website which is leaving database connections open, according to the hosting company! The ASP code is quite extensive, and it's going to be quite a job trawling through it. Is is possible to see a count of the open database connections? That way I could monitor this while using the website, to pinpoint the pages that are leaving open connections. Would connection pooling leave open connections, even though they are closed in code? Thanks in advance. Doug You can query the database to see how many active connections there are. But ASP normally uses...

NO INTERNET CONNECTION
this is very frustrating: i am unable to connect to the internet - heres the story: my system runs xp sp2 with an msi motherboard (ms 7093, ati radeon xpress 200, athlon 64 bit, rs480m2 (socket 939)), realtek alc658c audio that uses a realtek ac'97 driver and a creative sb x-fi soundcard, a siemens speedstream 4100 modem, a realtek 8139 family pci fast ethernet nic and a d-link g510 wireless pci adapter. my device mgr indicates that under network adapters, i have working a 1394 net adapter, d-link adapter, and a rtl8139. under "other devices," i only see a yel...

popupmenu pops up without content
i've tried to create a simple rightclick popup-menu. i displayes with the correct height but all entries have a width of zero plus border :\ can someone please tell me what i missed? thx in advance... -.rhavin;) void CListCtrl::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { CMenu menu; ClientToScreen(&point); menu.CreateMenu(); menu.InsertMenu(0,MF_BYCOMMAND,1,"test1"); menu.InsertMenu(0,MF_SEPARATOR,2,""); menu.InsertMenu(0,MF_BYCOMMAND,3,"test2"); menu.TrackPopupMenu(TPM_LEFTALIGN | TPM_TOPALIGN, point.x, point.y, this); } It looks like you'r...

Internet Connection, Updates & Help
I just completed a recent install of Money 2005 Deluxe. I am able to update my bank to get updates but not able to do the following: - Access the online help via Money - Access the online quotes server - Access the online bank/investment/Ccard account list - Access the Money updates I can access the Internet via my IE Browser. I have XP sp2 with the personal firewall turned off. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

CRM 3.0 and Web Site Alert email
I installed CRM 30 SBE on our SBS Premium box and it installed fine. It seems to be functional too, even the reports. But i have been getting an email warning: Web Site Alert from SBS 2003 stating: "http://SERVER:5555/MSCRMServices request failed: Critical condition. HTTP Status: 400 Bad Request Response Time (msec): 0. (WMI Status: 0 )" It sends me the email every 3 minutes. I also tried accessing this URL and i get: HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer error message stating: You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you su...

CRM 3.0 Installation help...2 errors
Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. The second error I get is : Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. Chris Holub MCP CCNA 1. Check your IIS and default CRM virtual directory is there issue accecing, can you send me detail or s...

Notes pop up on startup?
Is there a way that the note portion of Outlook 2000 can be put in a startup folder so that everytime the computer starts, the note will popup to the desktop. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don ...

Charting 3 columns help
I am working on a staffing chart with three columns: Staffing Time Incident 6 3 1234 15 9 1234 I would like a graph to show the "Time" on the left the "Incident" on the bottom and Staffing in the chart I have racked my brain and have not figured out how, to make the chart work that is :o) Do I need to re-arrange the columns? a different way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Steve In your brief sample, Incident has no variation. How do you want staffing to appear in the cha...

Newly Created Function not Working #3
Thank you Frank, I used your suggestion but I still was unable to ge this to work. This is actually the method I had already used. Would i be easier to just save this as an addin and have him install the addi on his machine? Do you think it may work if we do this? Again thank yo for oyur help -- nuve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1003 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26961 I'll just chime in and give my $0.02 for what it's...

Tax on shipping #3
How can I have sales tax applied to shipping charges using the RMS shipping function? Will they apply the same as they do for items on the invoice? Thanks, Dan Rishworth Enduro Sport, Inc. Toronto, Canada -- Dan Rishworth Enduro Sport, Inc. Tel: 416-449-0432 x26 http://www.endurosport.com/ Dan, Not until 2.0 in Jan 07 -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with...

MSCRM 3
Hi My company is looking at installing MSCRM 3. They want to use SQL Server 2000 as the backend. I think SQL Server 2005 is the way to go, but I need some convincing reasons why. Can some one list me some advantages of going with SQL Server 2005 that related directly to CRM. Much regards Tom Advantages specific to CRM? Hmm, let me see. 1. Improved performance (I haven't experienced it myself yet, but I guess/hope that SQL 2005 has better performance than SQL 2000). Ok, it's not specific to CRM, but it is relevant. 2. Maybe the improved SQL Server Reporting Services 2005. This has ...

CRM 3.0 Data Migration Framework
I am having a great deal of trouble using the DMF. At this point I am only trying to migrate my "Accounts" into CRM. I populdate the CDF with my accounts and make sure that I also populate it with the Owner Name. At this point I just want basic information, account name along with an address. I run the cleansing step and map the owner however when I run the migration it won't migrate the data. All I get is the error: 9/17/2008 - 11:30:58 AM -- Failed to migrate object: 9/17/2008 - 11:30:58 AM -- <account><owninguser>{8CD8A0D7-1350-DC11-B36B-0019B9D78A53}</...

error 0X80070057 #3
I cant setup this mail service program. error 0x80070057 -- Thank You It's a long shot but see if the resolution in this article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326842 "onelot" <onelot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F031D2BA-12A9-40A9-AFB8-814CF03B967F@microsoft.com... >I cant setup this mail service program. error 0x80070057 ...

Can not connect to computer through RWW
I recently had a client move offices, and in turn had to get a new ISP. I had OWA and RWW, and Exchange working at the old location, but when they moved nothing would work. Found out after a hours of router configuration, and sbs restores and installs, that the ISP was blocking ports 25, 80, 443 and others they would not mention. I did ask for these ports to be allowed but was unsuccessful at having that happen. And I am unable to change ISP as there is only one provider in my clients area now. But there has to be another solution? So far I have worked around two issues, but ...

Installing Web Componets broke my data access page connections
I have setup data access pages and they work fine for over a year. I've just got a new PC, and when I went to edit the pages the connection is lost. I can not even view the pages. I'm now using IE 7. Is that the problem? The computer out of the box connected fine and I was able to edit and view pages, but after installing the Web Componets/IE 7 seems to be when it decided I could not edit them anymore. I've since un-installed web componets but still no luck. I can not view edit create data access pages. We rely heavily on these in my workplace, and I could really use an answ...

Upper case #3
How can I change a whole sheet of text into upper case ? You could run a macro like the following to do that: Sub UpperCase() For Each oCell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange oCell.Formula = UCase(oCell.Formula) Next oCell End Sub NOTE: This preserves any formulae on the worksheet, whereas changing: oCell.Formula = UCase(oCell.Formula) to: oCell.Value = UCase(oCell.Value) would convert any formula to their results (in upper case) Cheers "caredesign@clara.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ca501c425e2$27cf9a50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How...

HELP
On 2/10/2010 several MS Updates came up and I installed them. After that I found out I could NOT disable my Network Connection (right-click Taskbar Tray icon, select Disable). I the a dialog (screenshot at link below)... "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account." http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfzwvmhi0aj/NetworkConnections.jpg Note that BEFORE I installed the updates on the same day I COU...

networkdays #3
I want to use networkdays to put together a time line, such as using starting date then adding 6 days to get the next date and so on. Wha does the formula look like for this? I tried A1 + 6 and got a date tha included the weekend. Please help.:confused -- ANY ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ANYA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3409 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53871 Are you thinking of =workday(a1,6) Remember that the analysis toolpak addin must be loaded (tools|A...

CRM 3.0 Client Downloads and Updates
I am trying to find all of the options for downloading MS Dynamics CRM 3.0 client for Outlook, as well as which updates are already included in the clients. On my laptop, I have the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 client for Microsoft Office Outlook Compatibility Update which installs fine after downloading the ISO image from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=740E1B3B-11C3-4AEF-B2E3-8309E0CF1BB0&displaylang=en Unfortunately, there are several users where I work who do not have Office 2007 nor Vista and will need to have the CRM 3.0 client installed. My question is: W...

Unable to connect Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2003 Server
Cross posted to: microsoft.public.outlook microsoft.public.exchange Experts Exchange - http://tinyurl.com/ywwcdu Petri.co.il -http://tinyurl.com/2cxuln I have a client who has just taken delivery of two new laptops running Windows XP Pro SP2 and Office 2007. All service packs and patches have been applied. The server is a Windows 2003 SBS Premium, with all patches and service packs applied. There are 6 existing XP computers running Office 2003 with no problems. When I start Outlook 2007 for the first time, with no profile created, it tries to autodetect the settings for Exchange. It det...

Import New Reports in to CRM 3.0
I have created several reports in Visual Studio. Is there a way to 'import' them into CRM so that all users can use them? Also is there a way to have these reports run on a schedule? thanks! Christian ...

Disabling the virus warning pop-up
I am trying set up a Sony Ericsson T68 mobile phone to sync with Outlook 2003 using Sony Ericsson Communication Suite 1.5.9. I think the problem is the Outlook virus warning pop-up window. When I try to sync it finds the phone then the OL virus warning flashes by so quickly that I don't have time to answer it. The Sony Ericsson software then just kind of locks up and doesn't do anything. When I say Outlook virus warning pop-up window I am talking about the window that pops up and says: A program is tyring to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow ...

Where is the "Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP"?
Where is the "Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP"? I'm trying to set up my Outlook client to use RPC over HTTP. The steps are: Create a profile Add a new email account, click next Click on Microsoft Exchange Server, click next Type the FQDN of the Exchange server, clear the Use Cached Exchange Mode checkbox Type the User Name, click on more settings (click cancel when it tries to resolve the name) In the Microsoft Exchange Server dialog box, click the Connections tab In this dialog box, I'm supposed to see a "Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP" o...

Exchange Server Mailbox Manager #3
Hi, I have a mailbox maintenance scheduled to run on weekend, and e-mails me a report When I delete a mailbox, or delete messages, this maintenance task reports nothing All it says that it completed processing mailboxes and shows mailboxes proccessed: 0 Message Moved: 0 ... Deleted messages: 0 and so on It allways shows this report with nothing proccessed where we move, delete, or add mailboxes almost weekly. Whats is it actually purpose of this maintenance task in the minds of microsoft, if it doesn't really maintain anything or report anything with this maintenance task? Thanks MC...