point exchange to a different priv1.edb file

I have a snapshot of my priv1.edb file on a different drive.  I know that
exchange 2003 lets us me the priv1.edb file to a different location if the
file isn't already there.

Is there a way to have exchange point to a different priv1.edb and use it?
0
Han (8)

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:31:01 -0700, Han <Han@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a snapshot of my priv1.edb file on a different drive.  I know that
>exchange 2003 lets us me the priv1.edb file to a different location if the
>file isn't already there.
>
>Is there a way to have exchange point to a different priv1.edb and use it?

Got an STM as well?
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/6/2006 1:16:50 PM
Yes all files are save at some exact point in time.

So do users have the ability to have exchange point to a different location
or does it need to be moved?

Thanks.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:31:01 -0700, Han <Han@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>

> >I have a snapshot of my priv1.edb file on a different drive.  I know that
> >exchange 2003 lets us me the priv1.edb file to a different location if the
> >file isn't already there.
> >
> >Is there a way to have exchange point to a different priv1.edb and use it?
>
> Got an STM as well?

0
Han (8)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Annotations sticking to data point & data table
Hello! I know that many people have asked the question here, but I can't seem to figure it out. The data I use is a 'rolling' 12 month calendar (in my example below they only want to see a rolling 7 quarters). I add annotations currently with a textbox for specific months until that month 'rolls' off my chart when the month's data is no longer displayed. I have downloaded the free add-in for the XYCharting, but it doesn't seem to work for me. When I hide the column with the data I no longer want to display, the data label does not move as it is supposed to. My...

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

The Bullet Points, And the Paragraph Symbol
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Today I had a problem on MS Word 2008. I opened up the page and went under the note book option for a new document. When it had opened there were bullet points all the way towards the left of the page. Also, after ever line there was a small blue paragraph symbol. If you know how to disable this feature or you can give me some type of hints, please message me back. You have simply toggled the display of non-printing characters. You can toggle them off using the keystroke Command+8, but they are valuable assets when reviewing/...

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Moving Exchange #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Publisher can not save file

Troubleshooting Exchange
I'm just wanting to write some 'proof of concept' scripts relating to Exchange that would help in troubleshooting any issues. Like the Exchange connections/second, etc. Are there any other qualitative data that can be used in general troubleshooting? Marco ...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization