Please Help!! - User Can't Get Email

I have an urgent problem and I really hope someone can help me.  I'm a
newbie at Microsoft Exchange.  I have a windows 2003 server running
exchage 2003.

I recently created a new domain with new users for a new company.  I
created mailboxes for each user and configured their outlook clients
appropriately.  Everyone seems to be getting mail just fine.

Today I got a call from one of the users - he is not getting mail from
a specific customer.  I spoke to the customer and had her send an email
to my gmail account and to my company account and to this user's
company account.  I received the email through gmail but neither the
user nor myself received the email through our company email (i.e.
through the exchange server).

But this user does get email from other external people.

I looked at the Exchange System Manager and noticed that if I go to My
Server -> Protocols -> SMTP -> Default SMTP Virtual Server -> Current
Sessions ... the customer who is trying to send the email shows up
about 10 times.  I don't understand what that means - if anything.

I'm really concerned that this is probably a much larger problem and we
have just started to notice it with this customer.

Please can anyone help??

Thank You,

Matt

mattrapoport@gmail.com wrote:
> I have an urgent problem and I really hope someone can help me.  I'm
> newbie at Microsoft Exchange.  I have a windows 2003 server running
> exchage 2003.
>
> I recently created a new domain with new users for a new company.  I
> created mailboxes for each user and configured their outlook clients
> appropriately.  Everyone seems to be getting mail just fine.
>
> Today I got a call from one of the users - he is not getting mail
from
> a specific customer.  I spoke to the customer and had her send an
email
> to my gmail account and to my company account and to this user's
> company account.  I received the email through gmail but neither the
> user nor myself received the email through our company email (i.e.
> through the exchange server).
>
> But this user does get email from other external people.
>
> I looked at the Exchange System Manager and noticed that if I go to
My
> Server -> Protocols -> SMTP -> Default SMTP Virtual Server -> Current
> Sessions ... the customer who is trying to send the email shows up
> about 10 times.  I don't understand what that means - if anything.
>
> I'm really concerned that this is probably a much larger problem and
we
> have just started to notice it with this customer.
>
> Please can anyone help??
>
> Thank You,
>
> Matt

Just a quick Update:  I've discovered that this problem only occurs
when the customer tries to send us an email with an attachment.  The
attachment is small and I know we can handle the size.  When they try
to send the email they show up in my Current Sessions but the email
never makes it to the mailbox.

- Matt

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

POST or GET?

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

invalid email address

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

outlook 97 and express email problems

Having problem with spoofing email

get a result of an sql into a field

Please help #8

Users ability to Manage Groups

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3

is PHStat available and if so how do I get to it
I need help asap Tamika - > I need help asap < PHStat is Prentice Hall's statistical add-in for Excel. It's usually on the CD that's included with the textbook. For more info, try www.prenhall.com/phstat - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook