Please help I'm in the middle of a activating the Exchange 2000 mailboxes

Hi everyone:

It's Saturday argh!!.. and I'm activating the Exchange 2000 mailboxes on
each computer 4 computers are working so far with Outlook 2002 and 2003. But
there are bunches of pc's Outlook 2000, 2002 who can send emails to people
within our domain and to email addresses outside our domain, I can confirm
that all the messages are being delivered, but when I reply to the user
using an outside account ex. from yahoo.com the message is never downloaded
to the user. When I try send and receive from the Exchange user mailbox I
don't see the reply message from my yahoo account that I had sent. Please
help, I need to solve this. The user is using Outlook 2000. Any help will be
appreciated. Not too much experience, first time doing this. I'm using a SBS
2000

Thanks in advance.

Denise

0
nichi_98 (28)

Do your mail server (and domain) resolve properly in DNS?
\
Shadow

0
shadow (17)
8/14/2004 5:58:26 PM
Hi Shadow:

Sorry if I'm being ignorant, I'm new to all this. Can you explain in more
detail What do you mean with (Do your mail server (and domain) resolve
properly in DNS?) I'm running everything in a single box. From the 7 pc's
that I have worked so far only 4 are working perfect

thanks for your help

Denise

"Shadow" <shadow@shadowsnetwork.com> wrote in message
> Do your mail server (and domain) resolve properly in DNS?
> \
> Shadow

0
nichi_98 (28)
8/14/2004 6:11:14 PM
Is this your first mail server in your organization? Is there an MX (Mail
eXchanger) record in DNS that points to the IP of the mail server?  Do you
have a A (Host) record in DNS?  Basically we are checking DNS to make sure
that the domain resolve properly.  It might explain why the test mail that
you sent wasn't delivered.  If you are not sure, go here:
http://www.dnsreport.com/
Shadow

0
shadow (17)
8/14/2004 6:26:32 PM
Check out your domain at www.dnsreport.com

Are you using Internet Mail services in Outlook, or is your Exchange server
set up to handle all your mail, both internal/external? See

Denise wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>

> It's Saturday argh!!.. and I'm activating the Exchange 2000 mailboxes
> on each computer 4 computers are working so far with Outlook 2002 and
> 2003. But there are bunches of pc's Outlook 2000, 2002 who can send
> emails to people within our domain and to email addresses outside our
> domain, I can confirm that all the messages are being delivered, but
> when I reply to the user using an outside account ex. from yahoo.com
> the message is never downloaded to the user. When I try send and
> receive from the Exchange user mailbox I don't see the reply message
> from my yahoo account that I had sent. Please help, I need to solve
> this. The user is using Outlook 2000. Any help will be appreciated.
> Not too much experience, first time doing this. I'm using a SBS 2000
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Denise

0
lanwench (7567)

Sorting by Color in Excel 2000
I want to sort text by color. I have a worksheet with some rows in black font and some in red. I need to group the rows in red font together. Is there anyway to sort by color? Thanks Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm not possible without VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Greg" <gregor1974@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0ce901c4ac89$2be98dc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to sort text by color. I have a worksheet with > some rows in black font and some in red. I need to group > the rows in red font together. Is there anyw...

CRM and Exchange 10-22-03

Help with formula #18
Hi All: I am WAY over my head here, and you all have always been great help, so hopefully someone can help with this. I had someone write this for me to use as an index at the top of a spread sheet. It works beautifully . The problem is I would like to move this index to sheet 2 of the same spreadsheet and when I copy and paste it, it does'nt work. Is there anyone who can modify this to work as an index in sheet 2 and will search sheet 1 for the results? TIA Keith =IF(#REF!="","",IF(ISNA(MATCH(#REF!,$H$31:$H$65536,0)),"",HYPERLINK("#"&C...

VB Code help
Here is a portion of one of my VB Macros in Excel: If Selection.Count > 0 Then MsgBox ("Average = ") & (RunningTotal / Selection.Count), vbInformation, "Average" End If My question: How do I format the number (RunningTotal/Selection.Count) to look like 0.000, instead of 0.0000000000000000?? What should my code look like with the new formatting. Thanks Chris Chris, Try this: ....Format((RunningTotal / Selection.Count), "0.000")... -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- &qu...

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

How do you combine two columns to one? Help!!!!!!
I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! "sttrumpet" <sttrumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72E43CE-CA99-4CD0-BCA1-85EFADCB459D@microsoft.com... > I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to > combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process > for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! Use the fuction =A1&B1 in cell B1 Drag the function ...

Move Mailbox errors
I'm currently migrating from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. We're in a native mode Windows 2003 AD. I am migrating about 500 mailbox from a standalone Exchange 2000 to a WIndows 2003 / Exchange 2003 Active/passive cluster configuration. Mailbox moves have been going great up until yesterday. While moving the users in the normal way,2 mailboxes hung at 100%. In the "state" column, it says: "Saving changes to the directory". I let it sit at this stage for more than 10 hours. I then have to cancel the task, then it says cancel running tasks, and this wil...

mailbox manager problem
Dear All I have created a Mailbox manager policies with the following paramete Folder Age(days) Size(kb Inbox 3 an SendItems 3 an Delete Item 3 an Once the mail manager process, all the selected items should be delete immediate from the syste After a fews days I received the following notification from the system The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2004-06-02 19:15:29 Stopped at: 2004-06-02 19:15:30 Mailboxes process...

Email Activity Page takes time to close
Hi, In my application, if the email content in an email activity page is large, the page takes 15-20 seconds to close. I think I should dispose objects while closing the page. But I don't know where to do it? Help please ...

Outlook 2000 #65
There is no From: line when I compose an e-mail. This does not allow me to choose which mail server I want the e- mail to be sent from. How do I fixed this? Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode or in Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, check the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:042301c3ae1f$0b71c350$a401280a@phx.gbl, Bill wrote: > There is no From: line...

Cached Exchange and GAL Problem
I have a windows domain with an Exchange organisation that houses multiple e-mail domains. Each E-mail domain belongs to a different company and has its own GAL. When the users login via terminal services and start Outlook they only see the users within their own company. This is fine, no problem here......Some of these users connect with the same username and password using Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP that connects to exactly the smae Exchange organisation. When using cached exchange mode and the user clicks on the address book, it displays the entire organisation including information about t...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Exchange connection with RPC over HTTP
Hi, Ive been trying to connect to out uni's exchange server (2003) from off-campus from within outlook, however the dont allow connections through the standard Exchange protocol unless youre on campus. Ive attempted to set up RPC over HTTP however it allows me to connect and verify my username and password but then says the connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavaliable. In addition i can use the activsync protocol to sync my phone with the server but there doesnt seem any other way to access it except OWA. Does anyone know if theres a way to use the activesync protocol to syn...

Need help with using a bar graph in a report
I have a report that separates information about representatives by manager. I need the graphs to give a quick summary on a few stats from each rep but only show for that manager's team and not all information. For example: Manager A has RepA, RepB, and RepC under him. Each rep has Aux1, Aux2, Aux3 information which needs to be displayed. My goal is to show Manager A with his Reps A,B, and C of their Aux1, 2, and 3. Then, under the next manager Header I want Manager B to show Rep D, E, and F with their Aux1, 2, and 3 information. Etc thru Manager G. Please help... Th...

Exmerge to import mailboxes
Hi there, I could import a mailbox from a .pst file successfully into Windows Server 2003..but I have like 90+ users...can I do a bulk import with Exmerge?..coz when I imported the single mailbox, it asked for a folder name containing .pst files, I created a new folder for a particular user and and made it the source..if a folder containing 90 pst files is named as the source would it automatically associate the user names in Active Directory with their respective .pst files? thank you if the pst files have the same name as the directory names of the original mailboxes, this should work......

Help with Userform
I need to setup a restricted means of allowing users to edit data in existing cells on a spreadsheet through a macro (userform?). I want to create a userform that will read data from these existing cells and display their contents in a series of text boxes. The user will then have the choice to edit any data item, if they need to, or leave the data as is. Upon the user hitting the OK key on the userform, the edited data will be entered in their previous cell locations. Any help or examples will be appreciated! Thanks ...

Gradual migrate from 5.5 to 2003 on 2000 Server
Can I concurrently run a 5.5 Exchange server and a 2003 Exchange server on a 2000 server AD domain? Currently have: one 2000 AD domain w/100 users w/ two 5.5 exchange servers running on 2000 (member) servers. I would like to add 2003 exchange (temporarily) on either a 2000 (member)server or a new 2003 (member) server and gradually migrate my users to that server. Once all the users are cleared off the old servers, upgrade the old servers to Exchange 2003 and move back the users. A. Is this nuts? B. Can this be done? C. Licensing during migration? Exchange CALs? KenS wrote: > Can I concu...

Exchange 2000 OWA Problem
I can access my Exchange 2000 server via OWA from within the network fine. However when I try and access from outside the network, I can't and receive a "page can't be displayed" error message. I believe my DNS settings are correct, but when I go to http://servername/exchange (using fully qualified domain server name), the error message comes up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Martin On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:59:01 -0700, Martin <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can access my Exchange 2000 server via OWA from within the network fine. >Ho...

Installing Exchange 2007 into exsiting organization
This is the first Exchange 2007 we have. Current environment is a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 in native mode. During the installation step, it is asking me to enter the name of organization, which I am hesitate to do -- I don't want to create a new Exchange organization under our domain. What should I do so it will pick up the exsiting organization and try to add itself into there ?? I am sorry, let me provide more info about the above post. I read this arcitle: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/54c6e6d4-aa19-4d30-87b6-31a1ca018a3f.aspx and was following the instruction ...

populating from sheets -- and PLEASE don't tell me I need VB!
Stupid newbie question, Excel 2003: I have a 2 sheet document. SOME of the info from Sheet 1 needs to appear on Sheet 2. For example, Sheet 1 Column G values need to be populated to Sheet 2 as Column B, Column H needs to be Column D, etc. Is there any way to automate this without having to write a VB script? I know a macro could kind of do it, but I don't think it could take all the parameters, since Sheet 1 is constanly being altered (i.e., new values, etc.). Oh, and all rows are relational so that G3 value from Sheet 1 when it goes to Sheet 2 B17 also has to have H3 from Shee...

Please Help...I can not send/receive or delete email on outlook 2000
It gives an the following errors" Error has been detected in the file C:|Windoews\Outlook.pst. quit all mail applications and then use Inbox Repair tool." I spent hours tring to find a solution on the support section. Couldn't find it.. Thank you so much for help.. What size is yr *.pst? OL prior to 2003 can have problems when greater than 1.7gb The inbox repair tool is scanpst.exe If oversize; http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 David "Daniel" <dqiab@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05a401c3676d$0ef74c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > It gives an the follow...

amend a PO with a query? Please help!
Hello, Our new warehouse manager entered, received and committed a PO from the wrong vendor - over 100 items! Does anyone know a way to either reverse the PO or change the vendor? Please help!!!! Thank you! diana Diana, You can reverse the PO by opening it again in receiving mode. Use the Quick Scan button and add an item to the PO (any item). This will 'unlock' or re-open the PO. You can now delete the item you just added back off. Next you would enter the quantity 'Received to Date' of each item into the 'Quantity Received' column as a negative. Fo...

Need help with setting IFrame script
I got the perhaps overly ambitious idea of customizing the Account screen to load the map and directions from our office to the customer site. I am using the DirectionsFind url, though I may switch to MapQuest if I can find the parameter list. Which I use, however, is a moot point if I can't figure out how to make it work in an IFrame. I have written and debugged the JavaScript that concatenates the http command for generating the map and directions from one point to the next. I know the command works because I've pasted the results into my browser and it brings up the corre...

No user with Owner role in public folder (Exchange 2000)
The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or rename. Anyone who knows a workaround? /Stefan Change permissions on the PF in ESM. Stefan Jansson wrote: > The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove > the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or > rename. Anyone who knows a workaround? > > /Stefan ...

Outlook 2000 #74
In my rules wizard I have about 10 different rules set up to permanently delete spam messages. At various times, a message will come in and outlook says something like it "can't delete message" or "you don't have permission to access this rule" (these are not exact error mssgs I see), then the rule is turned off. Anyone else see this? Thanks, Shake ...