Please help a exchange newbie.. Message filtering

I have a contact set up on Exchange 2003 that forwards to a cell phone
for alerts generated in our environment. This contact is setup to get
notice of several events, all events have separate email address as the
"sender" one of the events gets allot of notices. I would like to
have this contact not receive mail from the one email address that
generated allot of events. I have set up the properties under the
exchange general > messaging restrictions, and have authenticated users
only and from everyone except the email account I don't want to
receive alerts from, BUT when anyone sends mail to this account, the
messages are returned with a NDR?.. Please help or point me in the
right direction.

If you check the "authenticated users only" box the result is that mail
submitted anonymously through SMTP (usually the case) is rejected and only
mail-enabled users can send mail to this mailbox.
--
Regards,

Roland

"Jeff Pancrazio" wrote:

> I have a contact set up on Exchange 2003 that forwards to a cell phone
> for alerts generated in our environment. This contact is setup to get
> notice of several events, all events have separate email address as the
> "sender" one of the events gets allot of notices. I would like to
> have this contact not receive mail from the one email address that
> generated allot of events. I have set up the properties under the
> exchange general > messaging restrictions, and have authenticated users
> only and from everyone except the email account I don't want to
> receive alerts from, BUT when anyone sends mail to this account, the
> messages are returned with a NDR?.. Please help or point me in the
> right direction.

If this SMTP virtual server is the one into which Internet mail flows, this
step will kill your ability to receive Internet mail.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Roland" <r.verhoeven AT caesar.nl> wrote in message
> If you check the "authenticated users only" box the result is that mail
> submitted anonymously through SMTP (usually the case) is rejected and only
> mail-enabled users can send mail to this mailbox.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Roland
>

> "Jeff Pancrazio" wrote:
>
>> I have a contact set up on Exchange 2003 that forwards to a cell phone
>> for alerts generated in our environment. This contact is setup to get
>> notice of several events, all events have separate email address as the
>> "sender" one of the events gets allot of notices. I would like to
>> have this contact not receive mail from the one email address that
>> generated allot of events. I have set up the properties under the
>> exchange general > messaging restrictions, and have authenticated users
>> only and from everyone except the email account I don't want to
>> receive alerts from, BUT when anyone sends mail to this account, the
>> messages are returned with a NDR?.. Please help or point me in the
>> right direction.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/1/2005 8:25:32 PM
Describe exactly what you set.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Jeff Pancrazio" <jpancrazio@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a contact set up on Exchange 2003 that forwards to a cell phone
> for alerts generated in our environment. This contact is setup to get
> notice of several events, all events have separate email address as the
> "sender" one of the events gets allot of notices. I would like to
> have this contact not receive mail from the one email address that
> generated allot of events. I have set up the properties under the
> exchange general > messaging restrictions, and have authenticated users
> only and from everyone except the email account I don't want to
> receive alerts from, BUT when anyone sends mail to this account, the
> messages are returned with a NDR?.. Please help or point me in the
> right direction.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Message Rules Have Stopped Working
Hello...I am running Outlook XP on Windows XP. A while back, I upgraded to Office 2K3 then later decided to move back to Office XP. Since doing so, my Outlook message rules have ceased to function. They are still listed, but Outlook ignores them like they don't exist. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook to no avail. What can I do to get them working again. Thanks for any advice! ...

Newbie question concerning background banking.
I recently installed Money Deluxe 2006. It seems as though to automatically get updates to my credit card account, I have to have money itself running. I have background banking installed, and am setup to correctly, with the website, to automatically log in once a day, to get transactions. However, if the money program is not active, the automatic downloading of transactions does not occur. Is there a way to configure this software, so that I don't have to be signed in to my money file, but still have the 'background banking' function run, and download the desired transact...

Help...to many birthdays
I currently use Outlook 2000 as my contact manager. I have over 7000 contacts, most with birthdays in the birthday heading. My problem is that , when I pull up my calendar, all of the birthdays show on the calendar. There are some days when I'll get 30 birthdays showing up. Is there any way to configure the system so that the birthdays will not show up on the calendar view? Thanks for the help. Barry "Barry" <barryasman@verizon.net> wrote in message news:NKj5f.2794$fC3.1066@trndny01... >I currently use Outlook 2000 as my contact manager. I have over 7000 > ...

Junk Email Filtering and IMF
I'd like to create a script that takes the user directly to the OWA options page and down to the 'Junk Eail' option. This will allow them to immediately check and toggle the option. I have weak evidence that IMF in Exchange 2003 SP1 (the junk mail filtering rule) is turned ON for all users created way back in Exchange 5.5 but turned off for others. I have been unable to craft code that inspects the MAPI JunkEMailFilter property on the mailbox foldering rule. The attribute may be manipulated, but not inspected. Our plan is to turn IMF ON for our front-end smtp servers and ON for ...

Comment question please
Excel 2003 When I insert a comment into a cell it automatically starts with my name and a colon. I have a single user machine and have no need for my name to print. I know there is a setting to shut off this feature but I cannot find it. Help please. -- Thanks in advance... Bob You can remove the name by deleting your name from: <Tools> <Option> <General> tab, And clearing the "User" window. However, this does *still* leave the colon. Debra Dalgleish has some code on her web site to make the box completely empty. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments...

Messages are not sent from the Outbox
Normally messages ready to be sent are in italic and maked with the date to the right. Now all my messages in the Outbox are non-italic and without date and are not sent. I am connected and uses the button Send. What is wrong See if the info here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm "Anders Grimsmo" <anders.grimsmo@ntnu.no> wrote in message news:432493a9$1@news.broadpark.no... > Normally messages ready to be sent are in italic and maked with the date > to the right. Now all my messages in the Outbox are non-italic and without > dat...

How can I Invoke a filter automatically
I have used a filter and list formatting to create the worksheet the way I want it and the data refreshes (from external links) when I open the workbook. But the advanced filter has not been applied.. it works if I click on it in the menu bar. How can I re-apply this filter automatically when The data is refreshed ? Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might just record a macro while going through the steps to activate the filter, and then just run the macro when the updating is completed. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "busyman5_au >" <<...

Many twice tab on Exchange Administrator Console in 5.5
Hi everyone In my organization I have a small little problem. In Internet Mail Service Propertites in Microsoft Exchange Administrator 5.5 Console I have not 11 tabs but 24 tabs. Some of them occur twice or thrice. In this twice or thrice tab all information on this tab is this same. Sometime ago I modify Extention-Data Object Attributes in Raw mode. I modify this attribut at one on my 4 IMS Connectors. My modify consist on copy and paste this same information from this object attributes. Now on all my 4 IMS Connections I have to many tabs. Can anybody help me ? I'm sorry for my Englis...

HELP: Excel changed all my hyperlinks A:
Help For some reason Excel went and changed all my hyperlinks to point to my floppy drive a:\ -WHY? Is there any way I can automatically remove the a:\ hyperlink references, manually renaming is going to take ages. Excel's replace function doesn't seem to work with hyperlinks :-( -Arska Hello Arska, Have you tried find and replace? Press ctrl+h Find what: A:\ Replace with: C:\My Documents (assuming this is where the file you want to link) Then hit Replace All or if your using xl 2002 you can go to EDIT|links then hit change source Hope this could help Jon-jon "Ars...

Exchange 2003 DR: parallel universe really necessary for full sys
We are in the process of adding to our DR plan for exchange 2003 Enterprise. -our exchange 2003 enterprise resides on its own server. -our DCs (2) reside on their own servers (that is the exchage server is NOT a DC). -exchange runs on windows 2003 enterprise SP1. -os and apps reside on their own hard disk -logs reside on its own disk -databases reside on it's own disk From my readings I understood that previous version of Exchange required a "parallel universe" to exist in order to rebuild exchange after some disaster--not so with Exchange 2003 (or did i misunderstand?). By...

Exchange 2003 default message size won't go beyound 10 megs
We are not able to send or receive attachments larger than 10 megs even when the AD settings are cranked up to 50 megs. When the default message size for inbound and outbound are changed to anything abouve 10 megs, the server will still behave as if it is only allowing 10 megs. We get the NDR 5.2.3 kickback email from the Exchange server each time we make a settings change and send out a test email. We have Exchange storage limits in place, but they should not affect the message size. Thanks! -- ITJTR ...

Downloading messages
Whenever I go to open an email if it has an attachment it takes ages t open. If I then try to click on another message the whole thing jus freezes as it tries to download the attachment. I also have an IMA account and have recently changed to Windows XP - I never used to hav this problem! Trying to read all my work emails in the morning i taking me half the day! Any ideas please ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Group rights to mailbox on Exchange 2003?
Found this thread when trying to fix assignment of a group onto a mailbox on exchange 2003. Only the user can be successfully assigned as the group seems passive on mailbox rights. I have many users that maintain a single mailbox used for scheduling meeting room via calendar request. To date I have only been successful with individual users although I can add a group this has no effect for rights. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Tom. "Mark N." wrote: > > Mark > > > > It's explained in the following KB article. > > > > http://support.m...

Blank Screen without Summary in Outlook Today Help Please
When I open my outlook today I see my summary flash just for a milisecond and then the screen is blank except for the words for the messages, tasks and calendar. Help if you can. What can I do to correct this? Thanks Steve ...

Copies of messages
I have a client with SBS2003 including Exhange Server 2003. The client wants to be able to see all the email being sent to and sent from his employees. Is there a way to have a copy of all incoming emails go to another (the administrator?) mailbox? Is there a way to copy outgoing messages to another mailbox, too? If not, is there another way to accomplish the same thing so that the small business owner can monitor his employees' emails? Thanks, Mark http://www.exchange-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=96 Will http://www.exchange-forums.com "MarkR" <MarkR@discus...

Exchange using SMTP Auth as a client
We need to configure our Exchange Server to get mail from another server as a client using SMTP Auth. I'm a long way from knowing much about Exchange, but if anyone could steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. dlzink@facetcomputers.com Exchange isn't a mail client and can't be configured to "get" e-mail from other servers. Can you please explain in greater detail exactly what you are trying to do? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "DavidZ121&...

Message Body not Visible in Outlook 2003
I have a client that is having an issue with Outlook 2003 where the message bodies are not visible. It appears that most of the messages I have looked at with the problem are HTML, but I'm not sure about that. They do get some messages that are HTML that don't have this problem. The preview pane yields the same blank page. OWA displays the message fine. When the users opts to forward the message the body is displayed in the forwarded message. Anyone have any ideas about this problem? Thanks in advance, Lesa By the way, on the problem users in the network the workstations ar...

How to remove or automatically add /exchange in OWA
I've got a client who wants to just be able to type in email in the browser for OWA rather than http://email/exchange. Does anyone know how I can set this up to automatically add /exchange when they hit the server? Thanks, Mark PS. They are running E2K3 clustered with no Front-end servers. =?Utf-8?B?bW9pbmR5Y3Vicw==?= <moindycubs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CF25244C-DDE0-4246-9DF0-68E0E0DF2EE4@microsoft.com: > I've got a client who wants to just be able to type in email in the > browser for OWA rather than http://email/exchange. Does anyone know > h...

Microsoft Exchange views
Greetings, Does anyone know what the "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange views" option is in the personal folders properties? Thanks, Shane. Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 Office Outlook SP2 In theory, it should make the custom view available in OWA. "Shane Goodman" <goodmanNoSpam@live.ca> wrote in message news:1B203C56-03B7-4306-9741-8A8D641AF9F7@microsoft.com... > Greetings, > > Does anyone know what the "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange > views" option is in the personal folders properties? > > Thanks, > Shan...

Chart help
I have a chart that shows sales data for each company that has done work for us by month for the past year. Problem is that if there were no sales for that company for a given month, that month dosn't show in the graph. What I need to show is a graph by company for every month with a 0 sales total for that month if there were no sales. I know I could just go through and put in a zero sale for each company for any month that they did not have a sale, but... I seem to remember that there is a setting that will do this for me. Can someone tell me if I am corect and where this setting is? ...

general questions.. please help
can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? how can we do to convert data from text files to xml? is it possible? to generate xml from jsp is it done automatically or manually? thanks in advance! appreciate if there are any links helpful... thanks all of u! jeremy *-----------------------* Posted at: www.GroupSrv.com *-----------------------* Hello Jeremy, > can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? not normally by hand, but it can be done. Doing it with a program is better. > how can we do to convert data from text files to x...

Help! COUNTIF and SUMPRODUCT are eating my brain!
This *should* be easy, I guess, but I keep getting errors where I canno see a problem with my formula (Tho' admittedly I'm by no means an Exce expert). Here's my task: I have column G labeled "Tasks" and the cell values are either "Open" "Closed", "Cancelled", or blank. Then I have column L labeled "Name and the cell values are, of course, names. I'm simply trying to come u with a formula that will tally the tasks that are "Open" and of those how many are assigned to "Smith". After fruitless attempts using COUN...

message queues and buffered mouse clicks
Hi, I have a button in an MFC app that executes a lengthy query and I want to disable the button while the query executes. The problem is that mouse clicks over the disabled button are buffered, and are then processed when the button is enabled. Here's my OnBnClickedQueryButton handler. Attempt 1: m_queryButton.EnableWindow(FALSE); ExecuteLengthyQuery(); m_queryButton.EnableWindow(); So I tried to grab the focus away from the button, but this attempt didn�t work either. Attempt 2: SetFocus(); SetCapture(); m_queryButton.EnableWindow(FALSE); ExecuteLengthyQuery(); m_queryBut...

Exchange 2000 modifies NDR's from outside
Hello, whenever a NDR generated by remote servers comes to our exchange server, exchange modifies the NDR, including attached message. As a result, we can't safely detect where the problem started and what server generated the NDR. Is there any possibility to set up exchange not to modify the NDR, and to show it exactly as it came in? (except Received: headers, which of course should be added). Thank you. -- Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address. Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT a...

Please provide ability to reprint EFT remittance forms
Please provide us with the ability to reprint EFT remittance forms. This would be helpful for customer requests, auditors, etc. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/...