Placing OWA on DMZ

Can anyone tell me how to place an OWA server on the DMZ of a pix? I have
tried opening up ports using conduit command but I am not able to
authenticate back in to our network. Any one have any ideas?
0
Tim6814 (325)

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:18:03 -0700, TIm <TIm@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how to place an OWA server on the DMZ of a pix? I have
>tried opening up ports using conduit command but I am not able to
>authenticate back in to our network. Any one have any ideas?

ugh. I wouldnt put OWA in the DMZ.

0
adavid (8731)
7/5/2005 7:27:04 PM
Why not... Surely this the place for web services?

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:18:03 -0700, TIm <TIm@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Can anyone tell me how to place an OWA server on the DMZ of a pix? I have
>>tried opening up ports using conduit command but I am not able to
>>authenticate back in to our network. Any one have any ideas?
>
> ugh. I wouldnt put OWA in the DMZ.

0
abuse2112 (32)
7/5/2005 8:14:29 PM
On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 21:14:29 +0100, "Dave Lee" <abuse@aol.com> wrote:

>Why not... Surely this the place for web services?

I wouldnt place a member of my domain in the DMZ. Much better to put a
proxy to reverse publish the internal web server.

>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:18:03 -0700, TIm <TIm@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Can anyone tell me how to place an OWA server on the DMZ of a pix? I have
>>>tried opening up ports using conduit command but I am not able to
>>>authenticate back in to our network. Any one have any ideas?
>>
>> ugh. I wouldnt put OWA in the DMZ.

0
adavid (8731)
7/5/2005 8:20:05 PM
Web services, perhaps, but OWA isn't just web services, especially in
Exchange 2000/2003.  Rather, it is fully functioning Exchange server.  I
agree with Andy.  OWA does not belong in the DMZ.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Dave Lee" <abuse@aol.com> wrote in message
> Why not... Surely this the place for web services?
>
> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
> message news:pnnlc1h8esuimv3vd5b7r56hcad8ps5v83@4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:18:03 -0700, TIm <TIm@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Can anyone tell me how to place an OWA server on the DMZ of a pix? I have
>>>tried opening up ports using conduit command but I am not able to
>>>authenticate back in to our network. Any one have any ideas?
>>
>> ugh. I wouldnt put OWA in the DMZ.

0
Ben

OWA Calendar Views
I am hosting an Exchange 2003 SP1 server with many users connecting via OWA. Many of the users (including my boss) are not fond of the 7 day view and much prefer the 5 day "Work Week" view within Outlook. Are there any modules that I can load to implement this "Work Week" view within OWA? I am aware of the control click method in the OWA calendar but my boss does not like that solution. Thanks in advance, Nick ...

OWA Front-End Server Issues
I have setup a front-end OWA server to allow remote users to read their mail remotely (obviously). The problem I encountere is as follows; the OWA is on a DMZ and can be accessed from the internal network. When connecting to the OWA server from the outside (public ip) I cannot even connect to the site. Here is what our network looks like: Internet | ***Router*** |_____DMZ-----OWA Front-End (Using NAT IP 208.xxx.xxx.xxx ext/192.168.xxx.xxx int) | Other Web Servers ***Firewall*** | Internal Network (Win2k3) 1 Exchange2k3 Ent. Server 2...

OWA Can't Open Excel Spreadsheet.
Greetings Everyone, I have a bit of a complicated question here. People in my company can view Excel attatchments over Outlook Web Access but not one particular spreadsheet. (The web page says "Done" but does not display any information or error message. Just a blank screen.) I narrowed the problem down to the fact that this spreadsheet has links to the actual information in another database. Is there anything that can be done to fix this so that they can view this spreadsheet? As of now I am having them work arround the problem by creating a ghost spreadsheet without the link...

OWA Exch 03
Hello, I just was handed the administration of a Win2K3 Exchange server that happens to also be a DC. My issue came when I noticed that OWA was using HTTPS and the server does not have a valid certificate. I understand this would be the best practice but in the mean time I want my users to stop receiving the IE warning. I went ahead and removed the require secure channel SSL and now I can't get the page to load at all. If I check that box again and then connect with https it works but that is not what I wan't. I set up one a while back and that one works just fine but I didn&...

OWA jumping mouse

Exchange 5.5 owa unable to get to your inbox
Location A Frame Relay Location B Server A (exchange 5.5+OWA) -------- Server B (exchange 5.5) OWA displays "unable to get to your inbox" message when i access a user's mailbox which is not on the same location (on location B) . No firewall between locations. I couldn' find any information on support.microsoft.com and google, any help appriciated. Thanks. ...

tracking option with OWA?
Hi, Is it possible to have the message tracking option enabled within OWA -- Jim Zula ...

OWA Address List won't open
We have one user here (maybe more) who cannot open the GAL when using OWA. Clicking 'New' to create and email, then selecting the 'To' button gives the follow error: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Request Url: https://mail.mydomain.com:443/owa/forms/premium/DirectoryView.aspx?ae=AddressList&t=Recipients&a=Pick User host address: xx.xx.194.13 User: A.User EX Address: /o=My Domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user SMTP Address: user@mydomain.com OWA version: 8.0.685.24 Mail...

are the decimal places going to prevent....
Hello: In a GP 9.0 Manufacturing routing, let's say that the Machine Time is 0.00001 and that Machine's Operating Cost is $0.30. The routing is reflecting at that point, a cost of $0.00000. Now, does this truly mean that the cost will be zero? Or, is SQL behind the scenses holding, say, a cost of $0.000005789 and will use that as the cost in Manufacturing--regardless of the 5-decimal place limitation in routings? You see, I dumped some routing cost data like this from SmartList Builder to Excel and when I increased the number of decimal places for cost in the resulting sprea...

can't access OWA using public IP
i have no problem accessing OWA using the FQDN. eg. http://mail.company.edu.my/exchange But when tried to access OWA using public IP address, eg. http://203.115.220.20/exchange , it shows "The page cannot be found". DNS server has records for both forward & reverse. Dear, what is your exact domain name? I need to check the zone configuration "Emyeu" wrote: > i have no problem accessing OWA using the FQDN. eg. > http://mail.company.edu.my/exchange > But when tried to access OWA using public IP address, eg. > http://203.115.220.20/exchange , it shows &q...

LIMITING CELLS TO 2 DECIMAL PLACES IN EXCEL
I have a small issue with an excel list that I am pulling information from. Its a basic price list pulled from another companys list. The problem is the company that the price originate from use an equasion from another list to derive the actual totals. this means that numbers can be up to 5 decimal places long. I need to know how to be able to reduce absolutely, the entire column of numbers to 2 decimal places. Not so that it just looks like 2 (as in making it a currency) but actually rounding the real numbers to 2 dec places. Is there a simple way to do this or is it more involved? =ROUND(...

Title row to stay in place when scrolling down
I want to make the first few lines of my chart stay put when scrolling down the page, for ex: in the excel template on Microsoft office called 'Loan amortization Schedule', lines 1-17 stay put when scrolling down. Can anybody tell me how to do that? What version of Excel are you using? Let's assume you want row 1 to remain visible when you scroll. Select cell A2 In Excel 2007 goto the View tab>Freeze Panes>Freeze Panes In earlier versions of Excel goto the menu Window>Freeze Panes -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "MS" <MS@discussion...

Can 1 OWA server use a different GAL to another OWA server?
Hi, We have two servers 1 for Staff, 1 for Students, ideally the staff doesnt want to see the students in the GAL. is this possible? ...

OWA problems after changing default SMTP E-Mail Addresses
Any ideas about the following problem we just started having with OWA? Environment: We're running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 on the back end and we have OWA running on another Windows Server 2003 system in the DMZ. We recently acquired razamicro.com and we wanted to make a site wide change of the default SMTP reply-to address for all our employees. (for discussion, the company's long name is companylong.com and the short name is company.com) To do this we used Exchange System Manager and went to the following path: Site: Recipients: Recipient Policies: Properties for ou...

OWA with Hijri colander
want to convert OWA colander from Gregorian to Hijri is it possible? And if yes how can I do it ...

url breaks when sending through OWA
when a user sends a url on a email message while on OWA the link changes to the OWA login home page, but the correct url still shows. so if i sent http://www.google.com instead of going to google it will go to the login page of my owa site. thx monica ...

Viewing Email Headers via OWA?
Is there any way to view the full Email Header of an email using Outlook's Web Access interface? -Darrel -- ================================================================= Win prizes searching google: http://www.blingo.com/friends?ref=hM72-GU3FWzMFnTqhv-2GE1FNtA Nope & by this I mean Microsoft did not provide a web user interface to it, but it is possible to add it if you don't care about Microsoft support or that the modification gets overwritten by most MS Exchange updates/patches. "darrel" <notreal@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23EyMz51$GHA.3...

Extracting the latest info from 1st sheet and placing into a 2nd s
I will like to extract the latest information from a given column in a sheet (sheet1) and place it in another sheet (sheet 2) in B1. Here is my example of data located in Sheet 1. I'm looking to extract specifically the latest build number and place it in sheet 2, B1. Date Time Error Message 6/24/2009 - 4:18 PM: Starting service 6/24/2009 - 4:18 PM: Starting initialization, build 1010 6/24/2009 - 4:18 PM: Connecting MS SQL db theserver, db testdata 6/24/2009 - 4:18 PM: Starting service 6/24/2009 - 4:18 PM: Starting initialization, build 1012 6/24/2009...

OWA messages blocked by Groupshield
We use Exchange 2003 with McAfee Groupshield 6. If a user forwards a message with graphics & text it is blocked by Groupshield file filtering. It displays as "blocked" to the sender immediately after selecting a message to forward then clicking the forward button in OWA. I want to allow the content through Groupshield without blocking but I need help determining what file type or format type the forwarded OWA message is. What is the file type or format type of forwarded OWA messages that contain text & graphics? -- Thank you, Russ ...

Cant use DL in pub folders with OWA
Hi. I have several contact lists and distribution lists in Public folders. I can send mail to the DL from the Outlook client, but the "mail" icon in OWA is grayed out so I can't send mail to the DL in pub folders through OWA. Is there any way to be able to send mail to DL in pub folders with OWA. I really need to do that. I use Exchange 2003 // Bjorn ...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA 2003 SP1 to SP2
When upgrading from SP1 to SP2 the OWA does not function correctly. With firefox it works fine but with no images (it connects to the mail) and with IE it has some images but it is not even close to correct and not legable. The SP2 machine mail address goes through another machine that is still SP1. Most of our active mail resides on this server (SP1) and we want to create a functioning SP2 machine before making any changes to the SP1 machine. Prior to SP2 upgrade the OWA worked fine with OWA for mailboxes on this server. Any ideas Dear New Guy, if you upgraded your Front-End Server or O...

OWA: links in messages are converted to attachments
For some reason, suddenly OWA converts all the links in the body of my OWA emails to attachments, and removes the links in the body of the email. I guess this is thanks to a new security update of Exchange, but how could I disable this and return to being able to add links in the body of OWA messages? In news:1129398424.717355.152790@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, Prem <premmetje@zonnet.nl> typed: > For some reason, suddenly OWA converts all the links in the body of my > OWA emails to attachments, and removes the links in the body of the > email. I guess this is thanks to a n...

Entourage (allegedly) cannot see message body sent by OWA
We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot see the message body when the email is sent from OWA. We are on 2003 SP2 btw. The external party claims that the following patch for OWA fixes the problem http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5BC06E8A-08EB-4976-BC68-A03EBE3A2552&displaylang=en I am sceptical! Any thoughts Ignore!! I just saw another thread wit hthe details for this one. Thread is "OWA message text disappears" "Peter T" wrote: > We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot...

Exchange2k OWA IIS problem
Howdy, I have an Exchange 2000 Server running on a Windows 2000 Server used for QA and Development work. Most of my users use the OWA (Outlook Web Access) interface to get their email / appointments, etc... The was working fine until... our IT group sent us a note stating that we had to remove .printer from "Application Mappings". So, one of the people in the lab went to Default Web Site Properties -> Home Directory tab -> Configuration button -> App Mappings tab They selected the .printer mapping and clicked remove My guess is that they then clicked OK, and Apply, and the...