PDFs do not display in OWA using FE/BE scenario, IE 6, Adobe Reader 7.0.7

Greetings,

     My organization is currently running Microsoft Exchange Server
2003 SP2 in a FE/BE scenario with the FE serving OWA. We are
experiencing problems with our OWA users not being able to open PDF
attachments within OWA when they are using IE 6 (fully patched) and
Adobe Reader 7.0.7. After some testing, I have discovered the
following:

When using:

Abobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 6 (fully patched) - PDFs will not display in
OWA (no errors given)

Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 7 Beta 2 - PDFs will display properly

Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and Firefox (fully patched) - PDFs will display
properly

Adobe Reader 6.0.1 and any combo of IE or Firefox - PDFs will display
properly

As you can see - using Adobe Reader 6.0.1 resolves the issue, but
rolling our field users back to this version is not an option (1500+
users) as the vast majority of them are already running Adobe Reader
7.0.7. Rolling out IE 7 Beta 2 or Fireofx is not feasible either. We
have also been able to test that Adobe 7.0.7 will display PDFs within
any of the browsers listed above within OWA in a FE/BE environment when
Exchange is running SP1. Within the LAN, directly hitting the BE
servers in OWA also works when using Adobe 7.0.7 and any browser. So to
sum it up, it looks like it is narrowed down to be a FE Exchange 2003
SP2 issue when using Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 6. Has anyone else
experienced this issue, or could someone possibly provide a workaround?
I appreciate any input!

Does it work if you right-click on the PDF attachment and say "Open in
new window"?  That is a workaround I have seen people recommend when
OWA requires you download a PDF before opening.

No it does not. The default action within OWA is to open the PDF in a
new window anyway. Hwoever, it *does* work if you right-click and do a
"Save As..." and then open it.

E-mail signatures in CRM 3.0
Hi I'm having problems with having my signature automatically appear when I'm sending e-mails through CRM. Does anyone have the same problem or knows how to solve this? Regards Halldor Hello Halldor, There is no possibility as far as I know to generate a Autosignature for sending e-mails thru the MS CRM Web-Client. But we are working on an Add-On which will do excatly this. Each user will have the possibility to define his own personal signature which will be added then automatically. We will release this product next week and if you are interesed please send me an email....

outlook archiving #7
Hi all. I have a question on outlook 2002. My boss is interested in archiving his tons of e-mail received based on year. That is all mail, calendar data for 2004 should be stored into a folder called 2004 archive, older data into 2003, 2002 ..etc. I have looked at the current functions available within outlook, archive autoarchive and I cannot seem to be able to achieve this kind of control. How can I get this done? is there a macro that could be set to run as a rule to achieve this? any commercial tolls to purchase? Any ideas at all would be welcomed at this point. paul <anonymo...

Adding Palettes to V8.0
Hi, What is equivalent to Setup > Company > Palettes in V8.0. I have a 3rd Party application (cnk) and I need to access it's forms and reports Thanks There are some third party developers who have added some Palette functionality back to v8.0. However, this is not what you need. You need to look at the Great Plains Integration Guide that is provided with Dexterity and add into your chunk the commands and menus required for the navigation model used in v8.0 of Great Plains onwards. The other choice is to use Shortcuts, but this would need to be set up for Multiple users and...

ExMerge #6
Can anyone help me locate this? I am not having luck finding it. Any help is greatly appreciated....I believe I need version 3.71. THANKS! http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1c12d67327d5&displaylang=en D. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4a0001c42be3$2ec96e60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone help me locate this? I am not having luck > finding it. Any help is greatly appreciated....I believe > I need version 3.71. > > THANKS! > Thanks bur this is for 2003...I need...

How do I use the connection string to connect to a table on the database that I am working on.
I have two related tables. and one form of which one of the tables is a subform and i want to write the data on the subform to a textfile. I used this code to connect to the table but because I have already opened the MDB. I get the error that the file is already openned. objConn.CursorLocation = adUseClient objConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\exds006\Desktop\Electronic LIV;" & "Persist Security Info=False" objConn.Open Is there another way of accessing th...

PDFs and Word Documents in Access Report
I'm trying to give the users an option to insert documents or PDFs into the report. I added an oleobject to the report. However, only page one will be displayed. Is there a way around this? I'd like to just store the filename in my table, then load the document into the OLE Object when the report is loaded. Thanks Vayse There is no method available to display more than the first page of the document. You simply cannot combine an Access report with an external document. The only workaround would be to programmatically: Print all/portion of the Access report Print the external...

Countif using symbols
I have a worksheet that has a column containing icons, from the new options of conditional formatting, in Excel 2007 (Icon sets) I need to count how many of each icon I have. Can I do this using the function COUNTIF(). I couldn't figure out what should I use as criteria here. Thanks in advance. Regards, Emece.- ...

how to use the search dialog box ?
Hello Everybody, I have a question concerning the opening of dialogs box. I would like to open the Search Dialog Box. My stupid code is like this : Private Sub CommandButtonSearch_Click() 'ouvre la boite de dialogue Rechercher Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show End Sub With this code, the problem is that the Search Dialog box is indeed open but whatever the text to find in the worksheet, there is no result. If I stop the macro, open by hand the Search Dialog box and type the same text, it works... Can you help me to solve this problem ? Thanks a lot in advance. ...

Creating and using a Deleted folder
I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. I am running outlook with 3 connections. Two I IMAP and one with MS exchange. The exchange one does have a deleted folder but the others don't Scott Adams <adamsfour@aol.com> wrote: > I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it > shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to > have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. No. That's the way IMAP works. -- Brian Tillman ...

Using a common outlook address book on a home network
How do I configure my system so that all computers on my home office network can use the same list of contacts? Each computer has Outlook 2000. Two use Windows 2000 Professional; one uses Windows XP. Matt Arnett <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I configure my system so that all computers on my > home office network can use the same list of contacts? > Each computer has Outlook 2000. Two use Windows 2000 > Professional; one uses Windows XP. Create a network share, place your PST in that share, map a drive to it on the other machines and open the P...

using dmax
I want to find the max temperature for each day of the year over 10 years worth of data. I can do it by using a criteria where the first in the range of the criteria is the label ("Date" in this case) and under that cell is the date I want to look up (eg "Jan,3"). But it seems like I need to have 2 cells per day of the year in order to specify each day. That is, it looks like I have to do it this way: A B 1 Date 2 ="Jan,1" =dmax(H100:I465,2,A1:A2) 3 Date 4 ="Jan,2" =dmax(H100:I465,2,A3:A3) 5 ...

copy of active screen without using the Print Screen button
Hi, I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i cannot seem to find an *alternative button. Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not work very well for me. TIA XP user wrote: > Hi, > > I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture > the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on >...

E-mail stuck in Inbox, file in use, backup fails
I have a reoccuring problem that is driving me nuts. I have Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange set up. A user keeps getting a specific e-mail in her inbox in the mail store that kills the Veritas backup. The e-mail never makes it to the Outlook 2003 client. If you use OWA, the e-mail shows up there but it will not open. The page not found error is HTTP 500 server error. If you look at the log in Veritas, it says 'file in use' and 'access denied'. On the weekend I rebooted the server remotely and then permanently deleted the e-mail. The backup completed succes...

Save Dialog Box for Smartphone 5.0
Dear, I am developing an application to enable user to save file with desired file name, I can get a save dialog box in Pocket PC 5.0 using GetSaveFilaName API, but it dont work for Smartphone 5.0. Is there any way to get Save Dialog Box in Smartphone 5.0 using VC++. I would realy appriciate any help. Thanx Atif ...

Adjustmant To VBA using AdvancedFilter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0124_01C35208.FC27F940 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good evening All I am hoping that someone will be able to help with this. I have some small VBA code (shown below), which applies to the following = example of a data set: Worksheet "Invoice Record" A B C =20 1 M100 152.34 03 2 M101 100.02 NP 3 M100 250.65 02 4 M100 565.52 01 5 M102 745.87 NP 6 ...

Upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 Killed OWA
I upgraded a Windows 2000 Server machine running Exchange 2003, to Windows Server 2003. Now after authenticating to OWA, "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable" is displayed in the browser. I seen this (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305030 ) from another post, but have not tried the items at the bottom yet. In IIS, the VDirs, Exchweb, Exchange, EXadmin, were not using the ExchangeApplicationPool, they were using the default. Plus I had to click the create button next to application on all three. I tried and iisreset after that, but it did not help. I also made sure the se...

Why does Outlook display text in yellow? How can i change it?
When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? Are you using stationery by any chance? -- Kathleen Orland "Wise Dog" <Wise Dog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D2FBAF7-2B2B-4C66-AE33-B2CA5A51B821@microsoft.com... > When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, > parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? ...

Apply KB926666 on FE E2k3 box?
Is there a need to apply KB926666 on FE E2k3 SP2 servers since all they do is handle the HTTP requests and direct as needed. TIA. Though all processing happens on the BE, it is advisable to have FEs on builds that are equal to or higher than the BEs. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "kage13" <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A7C68DD-8047-40F4-B97B-AAEBE32BAA28@microsoft.com... > Is there a need to apply KB926666 on FE E2k3 SP2 servers sinc...

Error after applying SP1 on GP 9.0 with SQL 2005 P2
I have applied SP1 on GP 9.0 on the server and the GP utilities shows all companies have been updated, however when I attempt to login to a couple of companies I recieve a message "[Microsoft][OBDC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]procedure smcleanup filesbeforelogin has no parameters and arguments were supplied". I have compatablility set to 90 ------=_NextPart_0001_5EFEE3FC Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. It seems the update may have failed on one or more stored procedures. You can attempt to recreate this sto...

Money 2003 AutoBudget = 0
I have been using money for 6 years and Money 2003 for almost a year. I have been doing budget differently, but just wanted to switch to the "standard" way of doing it. So, I created a new budget and selected AutoBudget. I have some income categories selected that I know have amounts in them. The AutoBudget creates those categories, but they have all zeroes in them. What gives? Perhaps they're at a frequency or amount that Money assumes that they're one-time entries. -- "Randy Given" <GivenRandy@aol.com> wrote in message news:dM87b.49284$Zw4.48583@lakere...

Wrong Font Displayed
The message fonts I select (arial) for composing and replying to mail is not applied. Instead my messages appear in Times New Roman. Suggestions? What version of Outlook? What version of Office? What Mail Format for Outlook? (TOOLS | OPTIONS) Click the MAIL FORMAT TAB -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "azair" <azairdb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:043601c356ef$b72fc700$a501280a@phx.gbl... The message fonts I select (arial) for composing and replying to mail is not applied. Instead my messages appear in Times New Roman. Suggestions? Outlook 2002 sp2 Offic...

import email from outlook expressv6.0
would be grateful for any pointers for importing emails from xp based, outlook express v6.0 into my vista based machine running win live mail 2008 and win mail ver6.0 6000.16386. have burned 4 files : ( archive (.pst), backup (.pst), extend.dat, outlook (.pst) ) from old system but both win mail and win live mail seem not to recognize the files when i try to read these files or import them. thks. "jchan" <jchan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5438430C-BA1E-4A3E-A8AA-93DBF3E6C08E@microsoft.com... > would be grateful for any pointers for importing emai...

password expiration not prompted in OWA
I have a customer who has a 2003 domain. Exchange 5.5 on Win2K. She has lots of OWA users who never logon to the domain (no VPN or Citrix etc). When one of these user's password expires they are not prompted in OWA to change their password. I suspect that this is how Active Directory works but I just want to confirm. The user would have to logon to the domain to be prompted that their password has expired and then prompted to change it. The user could still change their password in OWA, they just won't get prompted for it in OWA. Is this right? Thanks in advance Pls check this ht...

OWA can be use and sometimes could not
Hi to proffesionals I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA partly time. Why does this happen? Regards, B.Majidi In news:u2YBFh8NHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Babak Majidi <b_majidi@yahoo.co.uk> typed: > Hi to proffesionals > I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. > Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA > partly time. > Why does this happen? > > Regards, > B.Majidi It's impossible to say with so little information - you h...

Using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for Office installation
Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS Office 2000 Professional SP3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 128 bit cipher strength I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of Windows XP SP3. Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003. (1) Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3. I know Microsoft article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove the actual Office program; it is only going to remove ...