PC can't connect to port 25

Hi

Laptop have xp pro.I'm dailing from outside into the exchange server via the
internet. everytime i get a error that i cannot connect to pop3 server. if i
try ans telnet port 25 i get an error.The pc used to work fine the day i
moved it over to connect this way.

Any ideas.... I've uninstalled virus scanners and firewalls also

thanks

Its a little unclear are you using a VPN to your local network or just
connected to the Internet and attemtting to connect to POP3 and SMTP?

Nue
"Craig from Huguenot" <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1B247FF9-14F9-4A85-A845-FF6E94733AA2@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> Laptop have xp pro.I'm dailing from outside into the exchange server via
> the
> internet. everytime i get a error that i cannot connect to pop3 server. if
> try ans telnet port 25 i get an error.The pc used to work fine the day i
> moved it over to connect this way.
>
> Any ideas.... I've uninstalled virus scanners and firewalls also
>
> thanks

0
imaneophyte (3004)
5/19/2006 12:15:44 PM
what does pop3 have to do with telnetting to the smtp port 25? pop3 uses
port 110 so i have no clue what youre trying to do

"Craig from Huguenot" <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1B247FF9-14F9-4A85-A845-FF6E94733AA2@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> Laptop have xp pro.I'm dailing from outside into the exchange server via
> the
> internet. everytime i get a error that i cannot connect to pop3 server. if
> try ans telnet port 25 i get an error.The pc used to work fine the day i
> moved it over to connect this way.
>
> Any ideas.... I've uninstalled virus scanners and firewalls also
>
> thanks

0
no (445)

PC CHARGE Version
PC Charge has 2 programs, PC CHARGE PRO and PC CHARGE PAYMENT SERVER. Are both integrates with RMS or only one of them? Glenn Adams, I will appreciate if you can address this issue. Thanks Either one will work. If you have multiple registers, I find Payment Server easier, but there's really very little difference. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Dover"...

Dynamics CRM 4.0: Virtual PC Image (RC0 Release)-Last Modified 18/11/2007
https://mbs.microsoft.com/Cms/Templates/document/General.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={78370CDE-2EA2-439C-8A03-3C690992D044}&NRORIGINALURL=/partnersource/products/mscrm/newsevents/news/CRM4VPCImageRC0Release&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&wa=wsignin1.0 -- Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ ...

Virtual PC 6.1 update #2
When I update my Virtual PC 6.02 with Virtual PC 6.1 update, I can enter my name, organization, and serial # for VP6, but the button to advance to the next screen is greyed out and never becomes active. Why? Hi Eric, I've seen others post this same problem. If you are certain that you have typed the product ID correctly give Microsoft's support a ring on the phone. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.ron...

CRM on Wireless Network Connection
Has anybody ever experienced where you couldn't connect to CRM 3.0 over wireless network, even though everything else: like vpn, file access to network seems to be working find. Strange, but it seems a client has a problem where they're only having problems connecting to CRM when connecting using wireless. Thanks, Boolean1 Not come across this. Get the user or yourself to ping the various parts of your network like the MSCRM Server by IP Address and by ServerName. It could be a DNS name resolution issue for the user try ipconfig /flushdns. Also do a tracert [MSCRMURL] thi...

Can't open any yahoo webpage and cant connect to yahoo messenger.
None of my browsers will open yahoo web pages. Before i got a virtual runtime error from yahoo messenger but then it went away. I was able to log on and then after a few hours it logged me off and now yahoo wont let me sign in. Please help...would really appreciate it! -- maebee90 On Feb 21, 6:11=A0am, maebee90 <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote: > None of my browsers will open yahoo web pages. Before i got a virtual > runtime error from yahoo messenger but then it went away. I was able to > log on and then after a few hours it logged me off and now yahoo wont >...

how do I get outlook connecter to delete from my hotmail inbox
I am using outlook and the outlook connecter to get to my windows live hotmail. When I delete inbox items in outlook it does not delete from my Hotmail inbox ...

Connection to Exchange Server #2
After installing Outlook 2003 on a WIN2000 machine with SP4 I cannot connect to the exchange server (2003). I have done 7 machines (all WIN 2000) and they work, the 8th machine keeps giving me "The action could not be completed. The connection to the mIcrosoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". I have no TCP/IP problems. Can ping the server by IP and Name. Any help would be appreciated. Charles What authentication do you have set for this one machine? Does creating a new mail profile fix it? --� Milly Staples ...

Two RPC over HTTPs clients one connects the other can't
Hello, I have two RPC over HTTPs clients - both going through the same router. One connects the other cannot. The one that cannot was only using windows firewall and I've turned it off and it still cannot connect. If I use a vpn client to our server it connects fine. I can't figure out why one works without the vpn client and the other doesn't. Any guesses? Thanks Check the client AV Firewall on the computer. Trend Micro, Symantec now include the firewall with AV client. If everything checks OK, try opening outlook at a run command with outlook /rpcdiag. What hap...

pocket pc
ALL I WANT IS TO SYNC WITH MY HP POCKETPC.........I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE ACCOUNT PROCESS......OR WHAT TYPE OF ACCOUNT TO USE....IMAP4....POP3.....ACTIVE SYNC...SOMEONE PLEASE HELP Ho - try microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync for best results - this is an Outlook newsgroup, and syncing doesn't have anything to do with your e-mail accounts. Also note - typing in all caps is considered "shouting" and makes your post hard to read. Dan wrote: > ALL I WANT IS TO SYNC WITH MY HP POCKETPC.........I DONT > KNOW ABOUT THE ACCOUNT PROCESS......OR WHAT TYPE OF > ACCOUNT TO USE...

Sync with Pocket PC
I am trying to sync my iPAQ h2200 with Outlook 2002. I get a message that no profile has been created. This is not the case. No matter what I try, I can not sync my Pocket PC with Outlook. Any suggestions? Thanks is this no profile in activesync or no profile in outlook ? "Larry D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e401c3d451$b9bc9810$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to sync my iPAQ h2200 with Outlook 2002. I > get a message that no profile has been created. This is > not the case. No matter what I try, I can not sync my > Pocket P...

how to unhook a connection point?
After I drew a continuous line with many turning points. I realized that at one of the turning points, the line at one side needs to be thicker. And the line at the other side needs to be thinner. So I have to break the connection right at the connection point. Is this possible? Which tool to use? And how to do it? Thanks. Draw a line perpendicular to your continuous line and glued to the connection point. Activate the cut tool (Shape=>Operations=>Cut). Delete the broken perpendicular line, your continuous line is also broken. "jerrys" <jerrys@skcho.com> a �cr...

RMS HQ 2.0 maximum stores connected
Hi all, Is there a case study where over 100 RMS 2.0 Store operations + RMS 2.0 HQ running ? With a central 1 HQ Server running in our Head Office and with plans rollout RMS 2.0 store operation for approx 100 store operations for the next 2 years. We rasied a concern on how the HQ Server can effectively communicate to all stores with HQ Access, even if it runs 24/7. Will the HQ Server 2.0 allow multiple communications server such that 1 communications server in the HQ is mapped to say, 20 stores on the store side, but communicates to a single HQ 2.0 Server? Most branches will run...

Outlook to a new PC
Moving Outlook 2002 from a W98 PC to an XP PC. I have imported the pst and info in Calendar/Contacts/Inbox/Notes now display perfectly. Two easy questions. 1) Folders I have created (e.g., 'Technical Data') do not appear. How do I get them imported? 2) In the previous installation (W98), I had to pst's - one for me, one for my wife. How do I import hers and get it to show seperately? -- Replace the AT in address Statistics convinces us we are in a minority. Probability convinces us we are psychic. Do NOT import .pst files. Just copy them to the new computer and use File...

Office/Excel on ibook compatibility w/a pc...
Specifically excel. I have a conference to go to in May and need to get a notebook by then. Virtually everyone will be using pc notebooks there and I will have assingments to use on excel. We will ge the assingments on cd. Will I be able to use an ibook with office and excel and if so do I have to step up and buy the professional edition with Virtual PC or will the standard edition work? Hello Popeye, The file structure of Excel on the PC and the Mac is identical, with only minor variations in features. You can feed the CD into the slot on your iBook, transfer the file to the hard drive an...

PC Dead, XP HD to new box
My XP PC died. I bought a new PC, Exchanged HD's, but XP will not complete boot up, It gets to recognizing there is new hardware and asks: "New hardware found, do you want to Install??" And " Do you want broadband or Dial-up?" The Old XP PC had PS/2 Keyboard & PS/2 mouse. New has USB Keyboard & mouse. I would suspect that is at least the 'new hardware' found. I can't answer the question as the new PC does not pass the input from USB input to the old XP system. IS THERE, a way to use the new PC's Windows 7 64bit home ...

reboot 2003, and now dns.exe listens on thousands of ports
Hello, I had to reboot my server yesterday and when it came back online everything seemed fine, until I went to start my voip app. Which could not start because it said ports were in use. I checked and dns.exe had about 2500 ports listed Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State UDP 0.0.0.0:445 *:* various other ports here, no foreign address or stat, all exactly listed same as above. I terminated dns.exe and they all cosed and of course I was able to run my voice app. While I dont have any plans to reboot again (like...

2003 to 2007 02-25-08
I created a db on home computer in v. 2003. Works fine opening it in 2003 on computer at work. Then try to work with it in 2007 and every time I try to see anything in Design view I get this error: The command or action 'OpenTable' isn't available now. *You may be in a read-only database or an unconverted databse from an earlier version of MS Access. *The type of object the action applies to isn't currently selected or isn't in the active view. Use only those commands and macro actions that are currently available for this database. I've tried: ...

why no email showing from 2/25/2010 or earlier?
Was out of the office from 2/25/2010 through 3/3/2010. Email only goes back to 2/26/2010, and all email from 2/25/2010 or earlier does not show. How do I find my incoming email from 2/25/2010 or earlier? Perhaps you are only looking at UNread mail? Chris wrote: > Was out of the office from 2/25/2010 through 3/3/2010. > > Email only goes back to 2/26/2010, and all email from 2/25/2010 or earlier > does not show. How do I find my incoming email from 2/25/2010 or earlier? "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E...

Trouble sending word document to PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am trying to send word documents to a PC and it opens as a zip drive for the PC and is unreadable. I am using Microsoft word for mac and saving the file as a: Word Document (.docx). What can I do to make the file compatible? The problem is the system and/or the user at the other end. It could be either of several things but without knowing what their software version is or how it's being delivered it's hard to say exactly what they're doing wrong. The OXML (.docx) file is basically a zipped form...

Crystal Reports
Hi all, I have installed Crystal Reports 9.2.2 with the CRM 1.2 CR Enhancements on my local machine. I have administrator rights to the Server I can open reports without any hassles from the CRM Server (under Enterprise Folder) but when I wish to preview the reports / verify the Datebase / update the schema fields I have added , it comes up with an error: _____________________________________________________________________________ Logon Failed. Details: An error occurred while resolving logged on user IDs through the BizUser service. The follwoing error message was returned: Error Code: ...

ERD relationship connections Visio 2003
I am trying to change the relationship connector style by choosing format->line and then choosing different ends for the line. It changes in the preview of the dialog, but no effect on the actual connector. Neither can I. Is there no rule in ERD as in UML about the meaning of the line arrows ? Maybe Visio protects you against yourself. This is diagramming, not drawing. "Alex" wrote: > I am trying to change the relationship connector style by choosing > format->line and then choosing different ends for the line. It changes in the > preview of the dialog, but no e...

Connect via RPC Over HTTPS or setup locally
We have a WAN with our exchange server hosted in a data centre. All remote sites are connected to the data centre. Currently we have all users connected to outlook locally. Will performance be increased if this was changed to RPC Over HTTPS. I think i've read somewhere it would be as the exchange traffic will be encapsulated in http which is faster than having outlook connect locally? Is this true and which method would be faster for the end user? Many thanks. On 8 Mar 2007 06:39:26 -0800, "justsimplequestions" <sigmatechnology@googlemail.com> wrote: >We have a WAN ...

outlook 2003 connection to lotus notes
In our office we are running Lotus notes, recently I decided use the outlook. Therefore, I downloaded the outlook 2003 connect. It seems like there is problem and I can not see all my folders in the INBOX. this problem was not present on outlook 2002. I wonder if anybody experinceing this and problem and have any solution? ...

Sharepoint Designer can't connect to Sharepoint (hosted by NS)
I am using the new Network Solutions SharePoint service and need to connect using Sharepoint Designer so that I can make backups and design workflows. I can access the Sharepoint site via a browser (IE7) using my admin password and can create pages, change the look and feel etc. When I use SharePoint Designer (2007 sp2) if I try to open the site I get the sign in page but when I enter my admin details I get an error message: The folder "http://www.mypage.info/" isn't accessible. The folder may be located in an unavailable location, protected with a password, or ...

How to retrieve old email after formatting pc
since windows vista infected virus that crash the windows system, i format my laptop and use windows 7. But i forget to backup my ms outlook 2007 email. Can anyone expert in here give an idea or any software that can retrieve back all my email, because it really important email its related with my work. for your info i use company email that out souce to webmail provider. Thank You. Do you have an older backup? Were copies of the mail stored on the server? Recovering it after a reformat is very tricky (and expensive) business and there's no guarantee it'll even work. ...