Pb with a distribution group to send mails to contacts

Hi,
I use Exchange 2k3, I want to create a distribution group to send mails
to people inside the compagny (with exchange mailbox) and people with a
external mailbox.

for the external mailbox, I create a contact, I send mail to the
contact, it's ok.

if the contact is member of the distribution group, when I send mail to
the distribution group the mail isn't transmited to the contact.

I receive this mail from the server :
Certains des destinataires ou tous les destinataires n'ont pas re�u
votre message.

       Objet :	test groupe
       Date :	01/07/2005 11:56

Impossible de contacter le(s) destinataire(s) suivant(s) :

       CN=test informatique,OU=test,DC=xxx,DC=local le 01/07/2005 11:56
             L'adresse de messagerie sp�cifi�e est introuvable. Le
destinataire a peut-�tre chang� d'organisation de messagerie, ou bien il
y a une erreur dans l'adresse sp�cifi�e. V�rifiez l'adresse et r�essayez.
             <grenadines.xxx.local #5.1.0>

if I replace (in the distribution group) the contact by a user with a
mailbox, all is ok

any ideas ?

Pascal

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:08:37 +0200, Pascal <nospam@uic.asso.fr> wrote:

>Hi,
>I use Exchange 2k3, I want to create a distribution group to send mails
>to people inside the compagny (with exchange mailbox) and people with a
>external mailbox.
>
>for the external mailbox, I create a contact, I send mail to the
>contact, it's ok.
>
>if the contact is member of the distribution group, when I send mail to
>the distribution group the mail isn't transmited to the contact.
>
>I receive this mail from the server :
>Certains des destinataires ou tous les destinataires n'ont pas re�u
>votre message.
>
>       Objet :	test groupe
>       Date :	01/07/2005 11:56
>
>Impossible de contacter le(s) destinataire(s) suivant(s) :
>
>       CN=test informatique,OU=test,DC=xxx,DC=local le 01/07/2005 11:56
>             L'adresse de messagerie sp�cifi�e est introuvable. Le
>destinataire a peut-�tre chang� d'organisation de messagerie, ou bien il
>y a une erreur dans l'adresse sp�cifi�e. V�rifiez l'adresse et r�essayez.
>             <grenadines.xxx.local #5.1.0>
>********************************************************************************
>
>if I replace (in the distribution group) the contact by a user with a
>mailbox, all is ok
>
>any ideas ?
>
>Pascal

Are there any internal addresses defined for that contact? It sounds
as though it missing the target address (the SMTP address you want the
message delivered to) or its defined incorrectly.

0
adavid (8731)
7/1/2005 1:09:15 PM
Andy
the contact has only a externe SMTP address.
If I send a mail to the contact with outlook, the mail is transmited to
the SMTP address.

Pascal

Andy David - MVP wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:08:37 +0200, Pascal <nospam@uic.asso.fr> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I use Exchange 2k3, I want to create a distribution group to send mails
>>to people inside the compagny (with exchange mailbox) and people with a
>>external mailbox.
>>
>>for the external mailbox, I create a contact, I send mail to the
>>contact, it's ok.
>>
>>if the contact is member of the distribution group, when I send mail to
>>the distribution group the mail isn't transmited to the contact.
>>
>>I receive this mail from the server :
>>*******************************************************************************
>>Certains des destinataires ou tous les destinataires n'ont pas re�u
>>votre message.
>>
>>      Objet :	test groupe
>>      Date :	01/07/2005 11:56
>>
>>Impossible de contacter le(s) destinataire(s) suivant(s) :
>>
>>      CN=test informatique,OU=test,DC=xxx,DC=local le 01/07/2005 11:56
>>            L'adresse de messagerie sp�cifi�e est introuvable. Le
>>destinataire a peut-�tre chang� d'organisation de messagerie, ou bien il
>>y a une erreur dans l'adresse sp�cifi�e. V�rifiez l'adresse et r�essayez.
>>            <grenadines.xxx.local #5.1.0>
>>********************************************************************************
>>
>>if I replace (in the distribution group) the contact by a user with a
>>mailbox, all is ok
>>
>>any ideas ?
>>
>>Pascal
>

> Are there any internal addresses defined for that contact? It sounds
> as though it missing the target address (the SMTP address you want the
> message delivered to) or its defined incorrectly.

Merging Duplicate Contacts

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Sending Email #6

Contacts Search

total group & max function
I am using Access 2003 I created a Db for Machine Mtce. The table consists of 3 tables, (1) Basic Mach Infor (ie Mach#, Mach Name, Mfg etc) - (2) Operations Table - consists of different prev mtce (PM) that need to be completed at various time frames. Ex: "Mach 100" could have 3 different operations; Oper # 100A to change the oil due every 90 days, Oper # 100B to check the belts due every 180 days, Oper # 100C to grease the machine due every 365 days. The 3rd table is the "PM History" table which includes the history of all of the PM's completed with Work Order...

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Printing contacts finally partially repaired
Two printing problems with Outlook 2007, the first solved, the second still not solved. First: So, finally, I don't know when, Outlook was repaired such that one could print out individual contacts as detailed address cards. This was broken for quite some time. Anyway, now those of us who choose to print out copies of address books are once again rewarded with this possibility. BUT..there is always a but, Outlook does not yet completely properly format the printing for all of the book and booklet possibilities which the software presents, especially for doing double...