password expiration not prompted in OWA

I have a customer who has a 2003 domain. Exchange 5.5 on Win2K.  She
has lots of OWA users who never logon to the domain (no VPN or Citrix
etc).  When one of these user's password expires they are not prompted
in OWA to change their password.
I suspect that this is how Active Directory works but I just want to
confirm. The user would have to logon to the domain to be prompted that
their password has expired and then prompted to change it. The user
could still change their password in OWA, they just won't get prompted
for it in OWA.  Is this right?

Thanks in advance

Pls check this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322264

--
Jammyù�ٴ�
"jj" <janet.hunt@hp.com> ���g��l��s�D
> I have a customer who has a 2003 domain. Exchange 5.5 on Win2K.  She
> has lots of OWA users who never logon to the domain (no VPN or Citrix
> etc).  When one of these user's password expires they are not prompted
> in OWA to change their password.
> I suspect that this is how Active Directory works but I just want to
> confirm. The user would have to logon to the domain to be prompted that
> their password has expired and then prompted to change it. The user
> could still change their password in OWA, they just won't get prompted
> for it in OWA.  Is this right?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
jammylo (214)

OMA and Passwords
Hi, got that problems with an OMA authentification over Mobilephone using german characters like "ö" or "ä". Changing passwords helps, but may you know some workaround to fix it more gentle. thanx ...

Exchange OWA question
All, Two questions on OWA: 1. Do I need a Front End server to enable OWA from outside for my users? I only have one Exchange 2003 server running Windows 2003. 2. When I access OWA from inside my network, the public folders are view on a different screen. I am not able to use the move items option to move or copy items from my inbox to a public folder as they are not available in the Pick Folder list. Can this be changed? Thanks, Rafael 1. No; OWA can run on that server - but be cautious in allowing connections to the server. I'd be sure to use SSL connections only. 2. I thin...

Attachment password reminder?
My company sends attachments (office files) to clients via the internet. They usually password protect these files. Is there anyway to have outlook tell the user that the attachment does not have a password? Sometimes they forget to put the password on the attachment... Thanks, J.R. ...

OWA Additional Mail Store
How do I log in using the OWA to a mailbox that is stored in a message store other than the default one? Thank you, Darren Post in microsoft.public.exchange.admin for best results - and provide your version of Exchange and more details about your setup... Darren Klein wrote: > How do I log in using the OWA to a mailbox that is stored in a > message store other than the default one? > > > Thank you, > > Darren ...

OWA admin in Exchange 2000
Folks sorry to come up with what is certainly a trivial issue but I can't seem to find how to disable OWA for given user in Exchange 2000... A quick pointer most welcome :) Regards alex User properties, Exchange Advanced tab, protocol settings, HTTP, settings, uncheck box. Todd "AlexT" <google@atc.ch> wrote in message news:1161274995.701911.30520@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Folks > > sorry to come up with what is certainly a trivial issue but I can't > seem to find how to disable OWA for given user in Exchange 2000... > > A quick point...

Integration Manager password required??!!
Hi When i make Intigration for Inventory item i receive this error Message DOC 3 ERROR: Input box response required: 'Please Enter Password' Any Idea fo that? Best Regards Monzer Osama www.gp4arab.com try entering the item manually and see what happens. you're being prompted for some sort of inventory password, although I don't see where a password might be required. "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hi > > When i make Intigration for Inventory item i receive this error > Message > > DOC 3 ERROR: Input box response required: 'Please Enter Pass...

OWA display incorrectly
My user went oversea to Korea. When he tried to access the OWA using the Korean desktop(Window XP Korean), the english email was shown in korean characters. There are others using OWA as well, and their display is correct(in english). Can I do anything in my Exchange 2003? Please advise. Thanks in advance. Regards, Jon The OWA Defauly language is base on user client IE default language setting! pls check user IE default language is English in Top!! -- Jammy "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :D8793CD9-6E4A-4EC7-9041-2C1676981059@microsoft.com... >...

OWA access #12
Can anyone give me a theory on this. I am stumped. UserA was disabled 6 months ago. Password expiry age on the account has passed. UserB was able to log onto UserA mailbox via OWA. We do not have the "change password" facility available in OWA. How was UserB able to do this? thanks ShuggyB "free.teranews.com" <hgaryblackSPAMFRITTER@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ovig4FhwGHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can anyone give me a theory on this. I am stumped. > > UserA was disabled 6 months ago. Password expiry age on the account has > passed. ...

Delay on update the mailbox size, OWA event slower on update?
Hi...there is a single win2k3 domain and single Ex2k3 environment, a user reported his mailbox is run out of size, we increated the size a lot. But we wait for another hour, it is still complaining not enough space to send message. Check the System Manager again, the size is way under the limit. How to force the system to update the mailbox size right away when it is increased? Would OWA take longer to update the size? how to force OWA to update as well? Thanks, fshguo. I don't think OWA would be any different. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];327378...

Unable to password-protect "VeryHidden" worksheet
Hello I'm using Excel 2007. In VBE I tried to password-protect a "VeryHidden" worksheet by going to VBAProject Properties, Protection, check the box on "Lock project for viewing" and set the password in the boxes as provided. However, each time I re-open the file (after saving and closing the file), the worksheet was not protected. When I check the VBAProject Properties, the check box of "Lock project for viewing" and the "Password to view project properties" are all back to its original state of unchecked/empty. Please advise what steps I...

No prompt "File in Use"
I have a user who opened an Excel spreadsheet, which is already open by another user. "[Read-only]" is written in the title bar at the end of the file name, but he didn't get the prompt "xxx.xls is locked for editing by 'user'" I have tried opening the file on several other workstations, and I get the prompt. Only on that particular user's workstation does the prompt not appear. Is this a bug? Or is this an option in Office that has to be checked/unchecked? If someone could help me out it would be appreciated. Just a guess... If that user only has rea...

How can I password protect a folder?
File--> Save As Tools--> General Options "NSharp" <NSharp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F35CB4CC-727D-4E00-B312-5620CE8D2C6F@microsoft.com... > Windows XP, like other sophisticated operating systems, does not provide permissions this way. Permissions are based on users and user groups. In XP Pro, make a new user group and call it something useful ("Sekrit") and assign users to that group. Don't forget to assign yourself! Then set permissions on the resource (folder) only allow members of the Sekrit group read/write or whate...

update of links with no prompt
I have a spreadsheet with links to another one. When the user opens the destination sheet I want the links to be updated automatically without a prompt. (but just for this sheet) This is apparently possible (Excel 2003) by choosing Edit menu - Links - Startup prompt and choosing 'dont display the alert and update links. But even though thisis set correctly I still get the alert Any ideas Thank you -- Patrick There is a user setting that can supersede this setting. Tools|options|Edit tab Ask to update automatic links If I (as a one of your users) change this to always ask, then...

Hardening OWA 2000
Hi All, I have one Exchange 2000 in the organization. I would like to open port 80 & 443 from the outside world, but I am so delighted to do so. When looking for hardening docs, all I got is the backed and forend configuration. Is there a document for hardening OWA on the same Exchange 2000 server? Thanks, Ran Internet -> Firewall -> Exchange These are the ports you would need. The rest of the Front-End -> Back-End paper is the ports between Front and Back and disabling un-needed things on the Front-End. Also things like not putting SSL on the Back-End which you need to d...

Very quick OWA question
The symptoms we're experiencing are defined exactly as in this TechNet article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289869/ The only problem is that this article apparently applies to Exchange 2000. We're running Exchange 2003. So my question is, as per this article, is it safe to delete the Exchange virtual directory? It looks like it's automatically regenerated after the System Attendant is restarted. This is a backend server by the way, on Windows 2003 with all Win/Ex service packs and updates. Thanks! Hi Jim, personally I would go with it, just make a good backup bef...

How much memory OWA need?
Exchange 2003 on Window Server 2003 (and therefore, IIS 6) The inetinfo.exe process consumes over 150MB of memory, even when only one user has accessed the outlook web access (that is the only web application configured on this server - it is totally dedicated to Exchange). I tried to configure the Application pools to limit the RAM to 50MB, but as soon as I browse an Outlook Web Access page, the memory for inetinfo.exe jumps back up to over 100MB. Is there no way to limit the amount of RAM it takes up? - Dave Why do you want to limit the memory? On Thu, 6 May 2004 19:40:30 -0600, &qu...

Password Issue
Don't get me wrong here, I have received plenty of great information from MVP's and other regarding MS software, but to make us all sound like idiots because we used the suggested password system for a product is unacceptable. MS specifically tells you it is highly recommended to use Passport. Now while we all wait for the fix, we get to listen to all of you tell us how stupid we are for even using it in the first place. Personally, I can get around using it for now, but it is rather annoying that it is taking this long. Funny thing, I had always used Quicken in the pas...

Password encryption
I know passwords can be easily broken so what can I do to really protect them. Is there a good program out that will totally protect the password in my workbooks? I want to sell my workbooks without fear of them being disected. Thanks. If you allow your clients to open your workbooks, they are more or less defenseless (I've seen some pretty good layered defenses, but they all fell to attacks that are publicly available, or commercially available at low cost). If you build everything into a COM add-in, you have the best (and pretty good) security you can get with XL. But short of t...

OWA #53
I have a starnge occurance with outlook web access in my internal network. I have been able to log in in the normal way by typing in http://servername/exchange/username without a problem. I run into a problem with a fellow administrator and when we do this with his username it goes right into what appears to be the user's outlook web acccess without promting for anything but everything is blank. We replaced the servername with its ip address and it work fine asking for hios log in etc. Why is this occurring and how can it be resolved so he cna log in normally. Dear George, Tha...

change the menu prompt dynamically
Hi, each of pop up menu has 3 properties. 1-ID 2-caption 3-prompt for example: New menu from File ID_FILE_NEW as ID, &New\tCtrl+N as caption, "Create a new document\nNew" as promt. (we could refer to prompts in the string table.) I'm so sorry for extra explaination (this is my second request) I wanna change prompts dinamicaally. as I could change caption by: pCmdUI->SetText("&Hello\tCtrl+N"); How can I change prompt? Regards. Monica Luchi. Did you take a look at my previous response? Windows sends the messge WM_MENUSELCT when a menu item is selected....

owa can not find or start
Brand new server exchange 2003 sp1 installed. Where do I go to start the owa? "Gonzosez" <tbyam@hinklemfgNS.com> wrote in message news:<OQ0GOYFgEHA.704@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > Brand new server exchange 2003 sp1 installed. > Where do I go to start the owa? I have found that it starts on it's own.. Make sure that all of IIS is started. ...

Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows ME
I have WIN ME, and can not find a fix for outlook 2002 to retain my password. Is very annoying. I found a fix for XP,98,2000, going to the registry (it really works) but nothing for ME. Please HELP!!! Thanks! ...

OWA hangs after moving mailboxes to another Exchange Server
After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the mailbox never loads in the IE page. Clients with mailboxes on other Exchange Servers do not experience this problem. No errors are occurring onscreen or in the event logs. Any ideas? On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:58:32 -0800, JDavis <JDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another >Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the >mailbox never ...

password protect #3
I am using excel 97. How can I set up a password to protect opening or viewing the spreadsheet? Thanks. Tools > Options > Security set password. Mangesh "00Eric Clapton" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:u6mV3QerFHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am using excel 97. How can I set up a password to protect opening or > viewing the spreadsheet? Thanks. > > I cannot find security tab. Is it on ver 97? PLease let me know. Thanks. "Mangesh Yadav" <mangesh.NOSPAMyadav@gmail.com> wrote in message news:u47c4cerFHA.2768@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

How to configure OWA for Exchange2000
Hi, Could you please show me a link of step by step configuration procedure to use OWA(Outlook Web Access) for Exchange 2K, also configurating of client site. Ive found most of the pleaces and I've reached yet. Thank you. KO3MDY Insert CD. Next etc. Tick OWA. Next etc. Service pack again. That's it. "tmmomdy" <tmmomdy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142855104.122053.87080@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Could you please show me a link of step by step configuration procedure > to use OWA(Outlook Web Access) for Exchange 2K, also configura...