password expiration not prompted in OWA

I have a customer who has a 2003 domain. Exchange 5.5 on Win2K.  She
has lots of OWA users who never logon to the domain (no VPN or Citrix
etc).  When one of these user's password expires they are not prompted
in OWA to change their password.
I suspect that this is how Active Directory works but I just want to
confirm. The user would have to logon to the domain to be prompted that
their password has expired and then prompted to change it. The user
could still change their password in OWA, they just won't get prompted
for it in OWA.  Is this right?

Thanks in advance

Pls check this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322264

--
Jammyù�ٴ�
"jj" <janet.hunt@hp.com> ���g��l��s�D
> I have a customer who has a 2003 domain. Exchange 5.5 on Win2K.  She
> has lots of OWA users who never logon to the domain (no VPN or Citrix
> etc).  When one of these user's password expires they are not prompted
> in OWA to change their password.
> I suspect that this is how Active Directory works but I just want to
> confirm. The user would have to logon to the domain to be prompted that
> their password has expired and then prompted to change it. The user
> could still change their password in OWA, they just won't get prompted
> for it in OWA.  Is this right?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
jammylo (214)

404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1. We have a front-end/back-end configuration. OWA works well except when attempting to access calendar items in public folders. In personal folders, this is not a problem. The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time. Sometimes it opens properly. Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring up the item. This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public folder. Even with full owner permissions on t...

Outlook 2000 doesn't remember email password
I cannot get Outlook 2000 to remember my email password, with the consequence that I have to send and receive emails manually. I was directed to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 259416 which in turn prescribes an edit of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider. The problem is that that file does not seem to exist on my comptuer (WIndows XP Home). I would welcome advice. ...

OWA stopped working on one of the Cluster Nodes
Our environment has 2 FE servers and an A/A/P cluster. Recently (not sure how long ago) OWA stopped allowing logons on one of the BE nodes. I have checked the configuration for the HTTP resources and they all appear to be identical. When I move the EVS from the Active to Passive node OWA starts working properly. I had installed Symantec's SMSMSE 4.6 around the same time frame and have since removed that. I have tried to Restore the IIS configuration to an earlier date and that fixed the Passive Node but not the Active node. I have removed Exchange and reinstalled and removed IIS and...

OWA and ISA 2004
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have about 150 Users of which only 80 are in the main office and the rest work from home/on the road. Many of them were useing OWA in Exchange 5.5 for email. In the new envoirnment we are considering putting an ISA 2004 server in our DMZ and connecting this directly to our Exchange server on the Internal LAN. (No Front End Exchange Server) Is this option recomended from a security/performance perspective? We do not really want the expense of an additional Front End Exchange server if it is not really needed. The alternative wou...

Enter Network Password dialog box
Since we upgraded to Office 2000, I receive the "Enter Network Password" dialog box every time email is received. The server, user name, and password are all filled in. I have the option to OK or Cancel. Selecting either will close the dialog box and bring up the Microsoft Outlook new mail has arrived notification. How can I get the "Enter Network Password" dialog box to go away? If numerous emails come in, the dialog box pops up for each one. Chris Bauer ...

Cannot see receipients in global list while using OWA
I have exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 as client. Whenever I use OWA and try to create new email and click on TO to select receiver's name from the global list, I get a differnent screen which as me to enter name to search. I want to display names so I can select from the list. Here is the screen that I get each time I click on TO. I should be seeing everyone's name so I can select. If I connect locally, I do get the list and there is no problem. This happens only with OWA. Thanks -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OWA d...

OWA 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Server
I've customized OWA 5.5 to emulate the custom message form we use in OL. This doenst appear to be as doable in OWA 2003. Is there a way to run OWA 5.5 against the EX2003 server? On a clone of the old OWA 5.5 sever I've tried modifying the org, site, and server entries under the MSExchangeWEB\Parameters entries to point to the EX2003 server but I get "The Microsoft Exchange server is down or the HTTP service has been disabled...". Originally I tried it when I tried migrating and I thought it worked, but now I loaded EX2003 from scratch and subsequently it doesnt. If I ...

OWA and Direcway Satellite
Just set up Direcway Satellite internet connection using the DW6000 modem. I appear to be able to access all web sites, including my work email through Outlook Web Access. Problem occurs, however, when trying to send email via OWA. When I type a message and click the send button, the compose window (the window I use to enter address, type message, etc.) doesn't go away automatically as is usually does. At first, I thought the message wasn't being sent, but it is sent despite the fact that the compose window stays up. Likewise, when I add an attachment to the message, the...

Exchange 2003 OWA issue w/embedded URLs
I'm running Exchange 2003 in a front-end/back-end configuration, and for the most part OWA works just fine. I have IIS configured so that users don't need to type in the domain name when they login, and that works. However if a user clicks a URL in a message, the authentication box pops up, asking them to re-authenticate. The box will NOT accept the username and password combination unless the user specifies domain/username. I guess there are two issues here, one why is it even prompting for re-authentication, and two why won't it accept the "normal" combination of usern...

Domain name not always needed to log into OWA?

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

password for workbook
Hello, How can i set the workbook so that when opened, a dialogu appears asking for password to open up the workbook before being abl to read or Read/write anything.... Thanks a lot From Joh -- Neo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53146 One simple way, although the password input is not masked '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() '...

Defaul size for logo2.gif in OWA
Can someone tell me what the default size is? I am trying to customize my OWA page with the company branding and I have replaced all the logo's before I made sure they are the same size. Thanks in advance! Er - the size of the gif file shouldn't matter. If the one you put in is larger, it would simply increase the traffic for OWA (though not by much). Anyways, since you asked, the size of this file on my server is 4KB. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Mike" <Mike@dis...

At my wits end OWA and Public Folders
I have exchange 2k3. OWA works in both basic and premium. When I try to view the public folders in premium mode it sits or hangs at "updating view". If I go in through basic then I can view hte public fodlers immediately and see the calendars. When i try to post a new appointment it gives me an error 61 in IE saying object expected. I have checked all teh permissions...and updated IE as best I can...any suggestions? Thanks ...

Trouble with Access Prompts
Weird stuff going on in one of my databases. When I run an update or delete query, usually it asks me if I'm sure I want to update xxxx records. Now it just does it. Also, if I create a query, then decide I don't want to save it, if I try to close the window or all of Access, it doesn't give me the "Exit without saving? Yes/No/Cancel" dialog, it REQUIRES me to name/save my unsaved query. How do I fix this? I don't know much about Access, so detailed instructions are appreciated. Thanks! In Access 2000 you turn the warnings on by ticking the boxes in the TOOLS-OP...

Enter Network Password #4
I keep getting a dialogue box entitled Enter Network Password pop up for each of my mail accounts. while running Outlook XP (fully service packed) under XP Pro. It lists mail server, User and password (shown as *******) and an unticked `save this password in your password list' box. Needless to say, ticking this does not prevent the event from recurring fairly frequently. Has anyone come across a solution to this? I have seen the problem on many sites but with no solutions. TIA Toddy ...

RPC over HTTP required for OWA?????
Hello, I have a server 2000 box running Exchange 2003. I have configured it as my front end server. When I try to configure the server as an RPC front end I receive an error message saying that this can not be done on a server 2000 box. Is RPC over HTTP required for OWA?? Thanks TKE402 Hello, RPC over HTTP is not required for OWA, it is required if you want to have Outlook clients connect using RPC over HTTP. When you configure your server as an RPC front end server, that server will receive the HTTP request from the client, and will forward it to the necessary back end server usin...

Network Password entered each time Outlook starts
I have Office XP Pro with Outlook 2002 and EVERY time I start up Outlook it asks me to enter my Network Password. I do and check the box to remember my password but is shows up again next time. Anyone know how to get it to accept the password? I had Office 97 and Outlook 97 before and never had this problem. I have already installed Office XP Service Packs 1 & 2. brunyon@knoxy.net If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problem OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP...

Exchange/Outlook security problems Password What??
Hello everyone, I hope one of you Exchange/Outlook users out there can help solve this problem. This has all started out by needing to turn off the "Something's looking at your email addresses" nag box in Outlook 2003, in order to get a macro written in Outlook 2003 to work properly. According to what I have read and hopefully understood from Microsoft's support documents ("Customizing the Outlook Security Features Administrative Package" is that these nag boxes can be bypassed with the Outlook Security Features Administrative Package. I have set up a form ...

OWA with multiple domains access
Hello ALL: What am i missing in configuring 2003 OWA with multiple domains access for FE/BE configuration running Exchange 2003 Ent. server? It is not working....please help! I've create new HTTP virtual server for 2 new domains on both FE/BE using: Exchange System Manager -> Created new HTTP virtual server .. using unique headers to start IIS6.0 services .. select/enter domain > exchange path > mailboxes for SMTP domain .. wide open Access Control and Execute permissions (wait for new Virtual server to register in IIS6.0) and performed the following on both FE/BE. .. wide...

Allowing rules for auto-forwarding mails over OWA
Hey guys! I want to allow OWA-users to make a rule, which auto-forwards mails. But the users always got an error and the message to try it again in a few minutes. Facts: - it doesn´t mather if the recipient is an domain-user or not - users can create such a rule over desktop-outlook, but not over owa - users can create all rules except auto-forwarding! - Exchange version: 2003 sp1 And the error message is ... ? dOcToR bEaT wrote: > Hey guys! > > I want to allow OWA-users to make a rule, which auto-forwards mails. > But the users alway...

Password Recovery Tool ? ? ?
Hi All Ive got a Workbook that I need to recover the password for the Sheet Protection....Any Suggestion on the Best password recovery tool to use, would be greatly appreciated ! ! ! Thanks Dodge Dodge, Make the sheet you want to remove the protection from the active sheet and then run this subroutine. It will "come" back with teh message that an password is found. Click OK and the protection from the sheet will be removed. Sub PasswordBreaker_Sheet() 'Author unknown 'Breaks worksheet password protection. Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Vista IE7 OWA
Yes I've searched and searched. Yes I've done all the updates, including Exchange updates, including Exchange2003-KB911829-v3-x86- ENU.exe, and all other hotfixes. I still can not compose new messages or reply to messages in OWA on our Vista clients. The box for adding a body to the message is not active and only displays a Red X. Anybody have any extra thoughts for me? ...

2005 password problem
Is there a way to reset a password on a money 2005 file? I recently changed a file from MSN passport back to a money 2005 password. The change worked ok, but now when I enter the new password it says it is invalid??? What would be the point of having a password on a file that was easily reset? If you could easily reset it, so could the boogeyman you were scared of in the first place. Per chance are you trying to open the file from a recently reinstalled version or a different machine or similar? "dog" <dog@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:8VA0e.51687$6g7.48107@bignew...

Password prompt keeps popping up.
My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is hapening???? Stuts wrote: > My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The > 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of > an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is > hapening???? A "network password" is completely different than...