Paging File on Exchange 2003+Win2003 Ent

I setup two disk arrays on my Win2003 Exchange 2003.
How many percent/size of paging file should I keep on drive C:(OS)  and what
is the size I should put on D:(Pagefile) ? I have this information for a
'standard' Win2003 OS, but not sure if I need to distribute this differently
in an Exchange environment.

0
marlon_brown (142)

Hi,

Ideally the page file size should be around 150% percent of the Physical RAM.

I would personally not recommend you to have the page file distributed
accross partions or on any other volume except got C:\ (OS Installation
partition).

Having a split page file would result in not get complete/correct memory
dumps which are required to verify and analyse the blue screens on a server.

- Rahul

0
Rahul (25)
2/17/2005 6:43:03 PM
If D: is on dedicated hard drive then put pagefile there.
OTOH, there should be very little paging on healthy server, so it makes very
little difference.

Marlon Brown wrote:

> I setup two disk arrays on my Win2003 Exchange 2003.
> How many percent/size of paging file should I keep on drive C:(OS)  and what
> is the size I should put on D:(Pagefile) ? I have this information for a
> 'standard' Win2003 OS, but not sure if I need to distribute this differently
> in an Exchange environment.

0
kpalagin8074 (137)