OWA with multiple email addresses

I currently have SBS 2003 w/ Exchange.  I have the 2 SMTP domains assigned to
the default recipient policy so I can assign the 2nd domain to the people
that I choose and remove it from the people that I don't want to have it.
Currently, they can log into OWA with their account to check email, but they
want to be able to send email from either of the 2 email addresses (just like
everyone else in this discussion group).  Can I accomplish this by setting up
2 mailboxes for each email address and have them log into OWA using their
entire email address as the username?  If so, how do I accomplish this?  And
is there a better way to handle any of this?
0
mark564 (750)

Yes, you will have to create a separate mailbox. You can create a different
UPN suffix to match the different dns/smtp domains, so users can log on
using their username@domain.

However, two users in the same domain cannot have the same username
(sAMAccountname).

Check out
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Shared_Hosting_Exchange_2003_Part1.html

Bharat Suneja

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I currently have SBS 2003 w/ Exchange.  I have the 2 SMTP domains assigned
> the default recipient policy so I can assign the 2nd domain to the people
> that I choose and remove it from the people that I don't want to have it.
> Currently, they can log into OWA with their account to check email, but
> they
> want to be able to send email from either of the 2 email addresses (just
> like
> everyone else in this discussion group).  Can I accomplish this by setting
> up
> 2 mailboxes for each email address and have them log into OWA using their
> entire email address as the username?  If so, how do I accomplish this?
> And
> is there a better way to handle any of this?

0
bharat3597 (1006)
9/15/2005 2:25:45 PM
Thanks for the link, that's exactly how I want to set it up, but can someone
help me with the new recipient policy?  I need it to drill down into
MyBusiness, Users, SBSUsers, EventCorp.  I'm not quite sure how my LDAP query
should look.

Thanks

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Yes, you will have to create a separate mailbox. You can create a different
> UPN suffix to match the different dns/smtp domains, so users can log on
> using their username@domain.
>
> However, two users in the same domain cannot have the same username
> (sAMAccountname).
>
> Check out
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Shared_Hosting_Exchange_2003_Part1.html
>
> Bharat Suneja
>

> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I currently have SBS 2003 w/ Exchange.  I have the 2 SMTP domains assigned
> > the default recipient policy so I can assign the 2nd domain to the people
> > that I choose and remove it from the people that I don't want to have it.
> > Currently, they can log into OWA with their account to check email, but
> > they
> > want to be able to send email from either of the 2 email addresses (just
> > like
> > everyone else in this discussion group).  Can I accomplish this by setting
> > up
> > 2 mailboxes for each email address and have them log into OWA using their
> > entire email address as the username?  If so, how do I accomplish this?
> > And
> > is there a better way to handle any of this?

0
mark564 (750)

Missing emails 02-05-10
I recently had to do a system recovery, and when I restored files the emails looked like they were there. But when I open up a saved email folder, often all the listed emails wind up opening with the same email message. The mail titles are right, but when I open it to read, it is the same as another mail from the same folder. Anybody konw why? What can I do? Thanks, Tim It sounds as if the database may be messed up. You can try repairing it (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). You can also search for *.eml and that should give you the actual messages instead of from within WinMa...

How do I fix a sudden problem with sending and receiving emails f.
I have been successfully using Outlook as my default email program with my SBCYahoo dsl for some months and then I was not. The only thing I can link it to, possible, is that for a short while I agreed to allow Microsoft to monitor my use of their programs. after about a week, some of the programs didn't work as well and some other problems occurred, so a uninstalled that program. what happen now is that the process times out after receiveing a few of the emails and says that "connection was interrupted"-which is impossible since I am 'always connected' via dsl...

Adding multiple products to a contact: Challenge/HELP!!!
Here is a challenge: We sell products ( traing courses) where we have to be able to link a contact to a product. thanks to Andrew on the message "Mapping between standard and custom entity" we were able to do that using the ideas he posted. as well as his blog. (http://andrewn23.blogspot.com/) What we now run into is that we can have multiple courses on a single quote/order and want to associate the contact/stuent easily with the products. when one wants to for instance merge accounts there is the possibility for selecting multiples by usng the control key and then clicking ...

Not promoting emails
When I select and email and then click on "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" I get the error message: "An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again" Is there anyway to find out what exactly that error was? Thanks Stephen, We're having the same problem. I have started a call with MS on this. I'll let you know what I find out. Did anyone find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue. BTW, I found out that things that I have recived from others I can still promote but if I have sent it, it does not look like it's working. Rich...

Junk email problem...
We run a exchange 2003 environment and all of our users run Outlook 2003. We turn off the "junk email filter" in outlook but for some reason email is still going into our users junk email folders on their mailboxes. I am assuming somewhere in exchange this option is turned on and filtering this email. Any ideas on what I am missing? Thanks all Halve, I've been experiencing the same issue and have not found a solution for it as of yet. I've used group policies to disable the Junk Email filter in Outlook and have used the OWA Administration Tool to disable the Junk E...

Best procedure for forwarding email of fired sales employee?
We recently fired a sales employee and now I need to make sure his manager receives all the emails. What's the best practice for handling this type of situation. Should I give the manager rights to the fired employees inbox and add another mailbox withing Outlook, or is there a better way to handle this? Add the old SMTP addresses to the managers mailbox. ( changing the existing ones in the fired employee's mailbox first of course) On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:55:33 -0800, "Colin" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >We recently fired a sales employee and now I need to ...

can't read emails
When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but inbox, where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where download from my server On Tue, 03 May 2005 07:34:07 -1000, emilio <emilio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but > inbox, > where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where > download > from my server What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed i...

record and print amounts in multiple boxes on 1099 forms
We have had several clients that have been very disappointed to learn that they can only do 1 amount box per 1099. For instance, they might need an amount for rents and one for non-employee compensation. I think it would need to be settable at time of transaction entry. One of our clients said they could do that in Quickbooks and was very surprised to learn that GP won't do it. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Pocket PC will not synch "a program is trying to access email..." warning.
I am trying to synch my PocketPC (Jornada 548 running PPC2000) with Outlook 2003 SP1. I keep getting the "A program is trying to access email messages you have stored in Outlook" message. I am running the latest ActiveSynch 3.7.1. Basically this prevents me from synching remotely or over my network unless I am right there at the PC to let it though. I don't think this should be happenning but I have yet to find a way to disable it or to secure ActiveSynch for access. My wife's Palm Vx using Hotsynch manager 4.0.1 does the same thing but I kind of expected current Microso...

Failure to email from Micriosoft Photo Viewer
When i try to email from microsoft picture viewer it opens the attach file and size alternates it doesn't open Outlook in a new message, Outlook is running after I attach because I can see it in the task manager under processes but not somehow not available. If I open Outlook first it works OK. Outlook is set as my default(obviously as it opens in task manager) Can you help? same thing happens if i try directly from my Pictures Library using "Send To" Do you mean the new msg window doesnt open? (Not outlook itself) "marvingee" <marvingee@discussions.m...

send page by email
user having a problem send a web page as html using outlook 2002 on w2k system... If he is working offline in outlook but wants to send a web page as html, outlook makes the email as a web link and not as an html page .. (long story as to why he wants to work offline in outlook but is still connected to web) .. (when working in outlook as "connected" it works fine) .. why does outlook do this a is the a way to fix it ...

What does Rv: stand for in the subjetc line of an email??
Hi all, can anyone tell me what the Rv: stands for in the subject line of an email??? Fw: forward Re: Return Rv: ??? Marc Re: in some other language? (possibly Spanish) RE and FW are the English versions, other tags used include accept, decline and similar full words but only used for meeting invitations. Any other short tags are Re or FW in different languages. You may also see codes added by email systems for tracking purposes - this would include ADV (advertising) or SPAM. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 f...

Using external email address for AD user
We have certain users that we would like to use an external email address for and give access to resources in the domain. The only solution I have found so far is to create an account they will use for access and then to add a contact so we can send emails and add as a member of DL's. Ideally, I would like to do this without adding 2 separate objects in AD. Is that possible? Hi there, Are you aware that you can create a user and mail-enable them (not mailbox-enable), establishing an external address on the account. It removes the need for both a contact and a user accoun...

Multiple email accounts and inbox folders
I have 3 email accounts set up - one hotmail and two non-web-based accounts. The incoming hotmail messages automatically go into the hotmail inbox; however all email from the other email accounts winds up together in the "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" inbox. Is there a way that email received via these other ISP's can be directed to separate folders I specifically set up for them? Thanks in advance. Rick Johnston You have to use a rule to separate out POP accounts. Go with some like "when mail arrives through specified account, move to specified folder". You...

How do you change the way email addresses are displayed? John Doe.
How do you change the way a recipent of an emails name is displayed in an email? I want to only show "John Doe" and not "John Doe (Email):<John Doe@xxx.com>" Displayed where and in what version of Outlook? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dmoors" <dmoors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:540E8B6B-2F78-4541-9116-3A79F4A5D52B@microsoft.com... > How do you change the way a recipent of an emails name is displayed in an > email? I want to only show "John Doe" and not "John Doe (Email):<John > Doe@xxx.com>&q...

Creating one trendline for multiple series
Hi, I have a document withfour different series and these are all plotted onto one curve. I want a trendline that fits all four series of data onto one trendline. I don't want to create a new series with all of the data and then fit a trendline to that. Is there any way I can just fit one to all four sets of data? Thanks > I don't want to create a new series with all of the data and then fit a > trendline to that. Is there any way I can just fit one to all four sets of > data? Unfortunately this is how it has to be done. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel...

Please help with contacts and address book
I am using Outlook 2000 and have two sets of folders: 1. Outlook Today - [Mailbox - My Name] 2. Personal Folders The first folder is my link to Exchange Server. When I click on New Mail Message and click on Address Book, the list of addresses I see is from Contacts located under Personal Folders. I have two questions: 1. How do I get the Address Book to list my Outlook Today (Exchange Server) contacts? 2. How do I back up or synchronize my Outlook Today contacts so both contact lists (Outlook Today and Personal Folders) are the same? Thanks, Peter ...

transfer contacts using email
Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Many thanks, Frank FJB <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote: > Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using > email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Create a new PST (File>Net>Outlook Data File). Now, right-click Contacts and choose Copy. SPecify the new PST as the destination. When the copy completes, right-click the new PST and choose Close. Close Outlook. Rename the PST's file extension to something...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

Printing the contacts in Exchange OWA 2000 or 2003
Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contacts in OWA Exchange 2000 or 2003? You can print a mailbox's contacts from Outlook. As far as contact objects in the domain/enterprise, you'll probably need to script somethign to extract the data adn then you could format it with Word. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Srfrdrew" <Srfrdrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07829507-865A-4F36-89B9-163D5034208E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contact...

Attemps to send emails that don't exist
Recently Outlook started trying to send 2 emails that don't exist. The outbox is empty, but it continually attempts to send the non-existent emails. Is there a way to fix this? TIA, -Steve- Try File, Work Offline, Delete the "stuck" messages. "Steve Zimmelman" wrote: > Recently Outlook started trying to send 2 emails that don't exist. The > outbox is empty, but it continually attempts to send the non-existent > emails. > > Is there a way to fix this? > > TIA, > -Steve- > > > ...

How would you print a list of all the email addresses?
Exchange 2003 on AD 2003 IBM server. Need to print out a list of all user email addresses. How is this done? Probably select the user container and choose columns from the view menu and pick email address. Then choose export list under the actions menu. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "aspirin" <aspirin2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:040701c47a77$e697a010$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Exchange 2003 on AD 2003 IBM server. Need to print out a > list of all user email addresses. How is this done? Thank y...

don't want windows live mail as my default email account
I don't want windows live mail as my default email account. I wen to Set Default Programs. I'm unable to uncheck marks on MAIL-TO PROTOCOL and EMAIL-LINK START MENU LINK. Please advise how can I fix that through REGEDIT. Thanks. Anita -- akaits Hello Akaits, If you are wanting to set "Windows Mail" back as your default program, then this should be able to help you to. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/83185-windows-mail-default-associations.html Hope this helps, Shawn akaits;1222059 Wrote: > I don't want windows live mail as my default...

Outlook Address Book and Distribution List.
So why doesn't Outlook 2002's address book show up as items I can select for the distribution list? I added some without email addresses and none of them are available to add. I am chosing Contacts... Thanks, Mike You lost me. If these Contacts have no email address, why would you want to add them to a DL? DL's are a group of email addresses. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike Klick" <mike@grayce.net> wrote in message news:%23$7yWTQPEHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > So why doesn't Outlook 2002's address book show up as items I can select for &g...

_T macro across multiple lines!
Hi, We have the _T() macro which is supposed to be used for ansi/unicode compilations with string literals. But how do you use it with strings that span multiple lines? Ok: CString str = _T("a short string"); No ok: CString str = _T("A long string I might " "want to break up over a " "few lines"); Thanks "markww" <markww@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155693172.252663.158120@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > We have the _T() macro which is sup...