OWA vs blocked extensions (level 1 remove)

Hi there,

Is there a way to change the block list that OWA2003 uses to block certain
types of attachments?
In Outlook you can add a "Level 1 Remove" registry key, but what about
webmail?

thx a lot in advance,

Serge Morabito

0
morse (6)

"Serge Morabito" <morse@cipkmo.be> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Is there a way to change the block list that OWA2003 uses to block certain
> types of attachments?
> In Outlook you can add a "Level 1 Remove" registry key, but what about
> webmail?
>
> thx a lot in advance,
>
> Serge Morabito

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/eac/knowledgebaseAnswer/0,295199,sid63_gci988039,00.html

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

0
Lee
3/15/2006 10:46:58 AM
absolutely!!
thx a lot!

greetz,

Serge

0
morse (6)

1 Mailbox for 2 E-mail addresses?
We have a user who is taking extended leave (1 year) and we would like to have all of his e-mail automatically sent to another user's mailbox without the forwarding. Is it possible to set it up so that this other user can just go to her e-mail and get his e-mail sent directly to her mailbox without the mail having been forwarded from his mailbox? why don't you want the mail to be forwarded? other option is to move the email address from the user who's going on leave to the person who's going to manage the email... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "David Rosen" <Dav...

SMTPSVC Event ID:2012 after applying Service Pack 1
After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Can we see the description also? "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple > warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Administrator -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com The description is the following: SMTP could not connect to the DNS s...

remove errors
one of my row output contains some output values and some erros.I want to consolidate that row values without error values.I used iserror function but results are more are less same output values and blank value and output vales.To get in another row only output values whats the formula.suppose b1:b6 range contains data1,error,data2,error,error,data3,Iwant in another row serially in c1:c3 data1,data2,data3. In C1 =IF(ISERROR(B1),"",B1) and copy across. This will substitute a blank for an error. -- Gary's Student "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote: > one of my...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...

Phone field should allow for 5 digit extension number.
Many companies, including Microsoft, have 5 digit extensions for their phone numbers. i.e xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. xxxxx Dynamics is limited to 4. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/...

Remove Exclusive Access to Database
I have a database that I created using Access 2003. Someone on our network has opened the database exclusively, so when I try to open it it's opening read-only. I have no idea who has it opened exclusively and no way of finding out who it is. I need to somehow either kick that user out of the database, or at least wrestle the exclusivity away from him/her. Is this possible? Thanks. If you open the ldb file you should be able to see which computer names have the file open. The trick is to figure out who has which computer (you might have to get your IT/IS team involved. Second, yo...

Blocking outgoing email?
This one is a bit of mystery to me... When User A sends an email to User B, it just vanishes. User B never receives it, and User A doesn't get it bounced back. If I set up User A's email account on a different computer, it works fine. This makes me think that it's something specific to User A's computer, rather than to her email account. User A is running Outlook 2002 and can send emails to everybody else fine and can RECEIVE emails from User B fine. The only thing I can think is that User A's computer/Outlook is somehow blocking her sending emails to User B ...

Formula to copy related information from sheet 1 to sheet 2
Hello guys, I hope you'll can help me. i have the information below in sheet 1. i need the information to be filtered, copy and paste in sheet 2 according to the month. example. if october, i need all information for the month of october to be copy and past from column A, B, C sheet 1 to column A, B, C sheet 2 please help. A B C Serial Number Quantities (Kilos) Date 8.1122 539,470 22/10/2009 8.1122 403,697 22/10/2009 8.1122 643,710 05/11/2009 8.1122...

ADC removal problem
I want to go to native mode now that our Exchange 5.5 server is shut down but I cannot because I get an error saying all connection agreements need to be removed. I was able to remove 2/3 connection agreements, but now i can't remove the 3rd. Config CA_SITE_SERVER The 5.5 server has already been removed from the 2003 system manager Help please.. Check out the following article, specifically step 12: 272314 XADM: Preparing a Mixed Mode Organization for Conversion to Native Mode http://support.microsoft.com/?id=272314 You need to remove the SRS, which will automatically take care o...

OWA 2003
We have a recurring problem with Outlook Web Access on Exchange 2003. When users try to attach a file to a message, the "browse" box appears normally, allowing them to choose a file to attach, but when the try "attach" it, they get this error: Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable. This happens most of the time. Even from within the office at LAN speed it occurs. I've tried this, and sometimes it will succeeds after multiple attempts (so it's not a permission problem) other tim...

System Attendant Task is blocked
I have been troubleshooting this issue for over a month. Every evening at ~8:16:46pm, I get a event ID of 1031 on my E2k3 server (running on a 2 node WS2k3 cluster). The description simply states: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 1031 Date: 1/19/2006 Time: 8:16:46 PM User: N/A Computer: UEMAILNODE01 Description: One of the System Attendant's task is blocked. Function: CMonitoringTask::Work For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. I have turned on logging for the services mentioned in the above li...

Backup Exec 9.1. Where is public folder backup located?
Hi All, Using BackUp Exec 9.1 SP1 on an SBS2k Server. I was reviewing my backup selections in a new installation of BE and noticed that under the selection "Microsoft Exchange Public Folders" I only see "Internet Newsgroups." Where is my public calendar? But I see the "Public Folder Store" under "Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group". In addition, I also see the "Mailbox Store" under the same group of "Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group". Is this by design? Has it always be...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Conversion_de_donn=E9es_textes_en_nombre?=
Bonjour, J'ai fait un copier-coller d'un tableau sur le Net dans une feuille excel 2007. Ces donn�es sont reconnues comme du texte, comment faire pour qu'elles soient converties en nombre. Avec une version pr�c�dente �a marchait tr�s bien avec "collage sp�cial>multiplication". Mais avec 2007 �a semble ne pas fonctionner. Avez-vous des id�es? Merci pour votre aide. Alain CTRL-H Rechercher ALT-0160 Remplacer par "" et apres (seulement pour �tre s�r) "collage sp�cial-multiplication" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "A...

OWA Password Changes
I have setup the ability to change passwords on an Exchange 2003 Server running on Windows 2003. Everything will function, however when the Internet Service Manager Windows opens the Account Field is populated with a user name which has a "Partial Domain Name\Complete user name". The user has to erase the partial domain name and backslash befor the process will work. Does anyone know where that information is comming from or how to fix this? Thanks MikeB ...

Business domain vs. Public (free web email domains)
Business domain vs. Public (free web email domains) I am in search of some documents that detail on why a business (corporation) should block its exchange users from email from their business domain accounts (@mybusiness.com) to public email entities using @yahoo.com, @hotmail, @freeemail.com and so forth you can use Recipient Filtering... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sender-Recipient-Filtering.html -- "Mr. Backup" wrote: > Business domain vs. Public (free web email domains) > > > > I am in search of some documents that detail on why a busine...

ADP + MSSQL (ADO) vs. ACCDB + linked MSSQL (DAO).
We have 4 computers in a small network and we use ACCDB. In order to avoid errors that can appear with unstable connection and improved back upping I’m going to migrate from ACCDB to MSSQL Express. The question is following: which technology to use? ADP + MSSQL (ADO) or ACCDB + linked MSSQL (DAO). Misha wrote: > We have 4 computers in a small network and we use ACCDB. In order to avoid > errors that can appear with unstable connection and improved back upping I’m > going to migrate from ACCDB to MSSQL Express. The question is following: > which technology to use? ADP...

Why doesn't this work with XPath 1.0?
I'm using .Net 2.0. I realize that this means XPath 1.0 (which is ridiculous). So here's a document that I have that's not on disk but held in a variable (I queried an Exchange appointment calendar): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:d="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:calendar:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:prop> <a:parentname>http://mail.somewhere.com/davrdir/john.doe...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

ctrl+shift+enter vs enter
what is the difference btw confirming with enter and ctrl+shift+enter -- tkapla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2298 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37455 The difference is that for a normal formula you use Enter, However there is a special kind of formula called an Array formula which can only be entered using Ctrl+Shit+Enter. When doing so it will enter special curly brackets to indicate it is an Array formula -- _________...

OWA attachments crashing exchange
Hey all , I am running Windows 2003 server as a DC and MS Exchange 2003 . Within the last month anyone who tries to leave an attachment in OWA crashes the exchange server. Is there anywhere in the logs I can view what is happening, and is anyone familiar with this problem. It knocks out my information store every time, I now have it set to restart automatically, but people still cannot do attachments. Any help you guys can give me would be great! Chris Based on my experience, the Exchange 2003 server may be affected by a malware called "hack defender"; you may need to get RKde...

Removing the first exchange 2003 server from the forest using asdi
I had two exchange 2003 servers that had been upgraded from 2000. The machines were weak so we bought two new machines. I transferred everything, and all was fine. Then I went to uninstall exhange on the old servers. It kept saying that their were mailboxes in use that I knew did not exist. I tried everything. It would not shut up. We ended up needing two servers for something else so I just formatted them and started again. Now I would like to tie up the lose ends in the directory. What do I need to delete? - Did you follow kba 307917? Rehomed public folders? No issues with OAB and...

Page Numbering (Starting Number Other Than 1)
I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with Publisher 2002. When I go to Tools/Options, I do not find the familiar menu "Start Numbering With . . " menu. What to do?? Regards, Bill Go to Page 1, Insert|Section -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Bill" <russeng@kiowaonline.net> wrote in message news:09b701c4257b$9d972530$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with > number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with > Publisher 2002. > When I ...

Upgrade to 1.2
After upgrading to Win & Exchange 2003, the CRM 1.2 server install launch brings back an error "Problem with current Crystal Enterprise Installation". This error message (80020009) states that the "Setup requires password to be blank" and to "use CrystalAdmin to reset the password to blank, then reinstall" However, CrystalAdmin returns an error "Your password must be at least 6 characters long". Any one have any ideas how to upgrade to CRM 1.2 when this error shows up? Hi Darryl The version of CrystalAdmin that came with v1.0 enforced ...

Removing CRM Token
Hi, i had CRM 3.0 installed one a server and importer emails and contact from the CRM outlook client. in the meanwhile the server crushed and i had to set it up again (not backup so i set it up from fresh). after doing so all of the emails are still with the CRM token marked on, and when trying to reassign to a current account i get the message "the record you are requesting it currently unavailable...." and when trying to view the record i get the message "record is unavailable". my question is - how do i remove the CRM token? ...

Removing permissions of Deleted objects
I am running Exchange 2003 and am trying to remove some deleted users permissions from the Org level of Exchange in the ESM. When I try to delete the SID's, EMS generates a message saying that the rights are being inherited. Does anyone know where I could find this, seems to me I am at the top level. I have checked delegation and the objects do not show up there. In Security\advanced of the Org object they are listed as being inherited, but I can't find them anywhere else. Any idea's out there? They are just appearing as sid's as they are old user objects that have...