OWA Users/Expired passwords

I have several users who will only be logging in to Outlook Web Access
(Exchange 2003), and once they're logged in to OWA they can change their
passwords, but if they for some reason let their passwords expire, OWA
doesn't allow them the opportunity to change their passwords; this is the
case whether we use a dialog login box or forms-based authentication.  Is
there any way we can set OWA so that it automatically takes a user to the IIS
password change screen if someone tries to log in with an expired password?
0
Tim6814 (325)

this should solve your problem

http://www.petri.co.il/enable_password_changing_through_owa_in_exchange_2003.htm

please be sure to check the note at the end of the article in case you have
Frontend -backend servers

--
Nawar Aljanabi
MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA

"Tim" wrote:

> I have several users who will only be logging in to Outlook Web Access
> (Exchange 2003), and once they're logged in to OWA they can change their
> passwords, but if they for some reason let their passwords expire, OWA
> doesn't allow them the opportunity to change their passwords; this is the
> case whether we use a dialog login box or forms-based authentication.  Is
> there any way we can set OWA so that it automatically takes a user to the IIS
> password change screen if someone tries to log in with an expired password?
0
Nawar75 (62)
11/8/2005 5:18:12 PM
Already tried that; it gives users a 'Change Password' selection in the
Options section of the OWA main screen, but won't allow users to make changes
if their passwords have expired.

"Nawar75" wrote:

> this should solve your problem
>
> http://www.petri.co.il/enable_password_changing_through_owa_in_exchange_2003.htm
>
> please be sure to check the note at the end of the article in case you have
> Frontend -backend servers
>

> --
> Nawar Aljanabi
> MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA
>

> "Tim" wrote:
>
> > I have several users who will only be logging in to Outlook Web Access
> > (Exchange 2003), and once they're logged in to OWA they can change their
> > passwords, but if they for some reason let their passwords expire, OWA
> > doesn't allow them the opportunity to change their passwords; this is the
> > case whether we use a dialog login box or forms-based authentication.  Is
> > there any way we can set OWA so that it automatically takes a user to the IIS
> > password change screen if someone tries to log in with an expired password?
0
Tim6814 (325)
11/8/2005 5:25:03 PM
I forced a user account to change password the next time he/she log on ,
which has the same effect as password expired.
when I tried to log on wiht this account I got your password expired and the
following screen

http://www.petri.co.il/images/change_pwd_owa6.jpg

--

"Tim" wrote:

> Already tried that; it gives users a 'Change Password' selection in the
> Options section of the OWA main screen, but won't allow users to make changes
> if their passwords have expired.
>
> "Nawar75" wrote:
>

> > this should solve your problem
> >
> > http://www.petri.co.il/enable_password_changing_through_owa_in_exchange_2003.htm
> >
> > please be sure to check the note at the end of the article in case you have
> > Frontend -backend servers
> >

> > --
> > Nawar Aljanabi
> > MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA
> >

> > "Tim" wrote:
> >
> > > I have several users who will only be logging in to Outlook Web Access
> > > (Exchange 2003), and once they're logged in to OWA they can change their
> > > passwords, but if they for some reason let their passwords expire, OWA
> > > doesn't allow them the opportunity to change their passwords; this is the
> > > case whether we use a dialog login box or forms-based authentication.  Is
> > > there any way we can set OWA so that it automatically takes a user to the IIS
> > > password change screen if someone tries to log in with an expired password?
0
Nawar75 (62)
11/8/2005 9:30:02 PM
We tried the exact same thing, but we get an 'invalid logon' and we're put
back on the login screen.

"Nawar75" wrote:

> I forced a user account to change password the next time he/she log on ,
> which has the same effect as password expired.
> when I tried to log on wiht this account I got your password expired and the
> following screen
>
> http://www.petri.co.il/images/change_pwd_owa6.jpg
>

> --
> Nawar Aljanabi
> MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA
>

> "Tim" wrote:
>
> > Already tried that; it gives users a 'Change Password' selection in the
> > Options section of the OWA main screen, but won't allow users to make changes
> > if their passwords have expired.
> >
> > "Nawar75" wrote:
> >

> > > this should solve your problem
> > >
> > > http://www.petri.co.il/enable_password_changing_through_owa_in_exchange_2003.htm
> > >
> > > please be sure to check the note at the end of the article in case you have
> > > Frontend -backend servers
> > >

> > > --
> > > Nawar Aljanabi
> > > MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA

0
Tim6814 (325)
11/9/2005 12:18:03 PM
try this

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833734

--

"Tim" wrote:

> We tried the exact same thing, but we get an 'invalid logon' and we're put
> back on the login screen.
>
> "Nawar75" wrote:
>

> > I forced a user account to change password the next time he/she log on ,
> > which has the same effect as password expired.
> > when I tried to log on wiht this account I got your password expired and the
> > following screen
> >
> > http://www.petri.co.il/images/change_pwd_owa6.jpg
> >

> > --
> > Nawar Aljanabi
> > MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA
> >

> > "Tim" wrote:
> >
> > > Already tried that; it gives users a 'Change Password' selection in the
> > > Options section of the OWA main screen, but won't allow users to make changes
> > > if their passwords have expired.

0
Nawar75 (62)

OWA HTTP 404 Error
I have exchange 2000 server Enterprise Edition. I have several storage group. In one storage group, I create several users. But those users have problem using OWA access. They have HTTP enabled, I tried different aliases and so on, but those users always HTTP 404 - File not found, Internet Information Services. Other users in different storage group, does not have these kind of problem. Hi, Do the users with OWA errors have also an SMTP E-mail address with the same domain as the users where OWA works? (SMTP address does not have to be their default address but must exist for SMTP dom...

OWA, once logged in ONLY has white boackground and bkue center line
server is win2003, exchange2003, sp2. it doesn't happen to all users, seems like it only happens to some, mostly win2000 boxes. I'm the exchange admin and when I try to log on to owa with a problem box, my owa does the same thing. but when I use my laptop, no issue? AL ...

Empty Mailbox When Using OWA
Hi, I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server. Some of my users are overseas and are connecting using OWA. Recently some of them have been having trouble where the Outlook frame loads but the inbox doesn't have any emails in it. Outlook just says 'loading'. I found a microsoft site that said that it was because of WebDAV although all of my users are using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP and so should all have the same version of IE. I found a registry hack which forces all users to use IE4 OWA but I don't think that this is the answer. I'm new to Exchange and do...

Possible to run Exchange 5.5 OWA on IIS 5 (Win2k)?
I'd like to find out whether it's possible (or even a good idea) to run Exchange 5.5 OWA on IIS 5 on a Win2k SP4 server. What are the things I should watch out for? I plan to run IISLockdown tool also. What are the components I must keep in order to keep OWA running correctly? thank you Hi, You can run 5.5 OWA on IIS 5 with no problem. If you are going to run IIS Lockdown, then you will need to review the following Knowledge Base article: 309508 XCCC: IIS Lockdown and URLscan Configurations in an Exchange Environment http://support.microsoft.com/?id=309508 -- Thanks, James B...

OWA 2003 And Win98???
I only can accede by means of OWA and Windows 98 with a mail account. With the others, it does not allow the access, it returns to request the data of beginning of session. Some idea? -- Valdov Omar Valdovino ...

User profile
I have accidently deleted a user profile in Windows Vista. Now it always created a "Temp" profile whenever the user login. Changes made on the desktop "gone" after restarted the PC. Anybody can help??? 2Sweet wrote: > I have accidently deleted a user profile in Windows Vista. Now it always > created a "Temp" profile whenever the user login. Changes made on the > desktop "gone" after restarted the PC. > > Anybody can help??? You'll need to delete the user account to which that profile belonged, and then creat...

Import csv file of users into Exchange 2003
Hi, I am using Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. I have recently been asked to incorporate a list of 2000+ users/e-mails from a csv file so that our internal users can use select the names from the address book. It is likely that this list will be update on a monthly basis, therefore I need to be able to remove entries and re-populate with the new list. Is the best method for doing this via the Csvde utility? Do the users have to become a part of Active Directory? Can I create them into a separate list which can be accessible via internal users accessing the address book and selecting a "...

I changed one of the passwords for my email account, and...
Outlook keeps popping up a window asking me for the password. I changed it in the "Account Settings" menu, and I am able to send/receive mail from that account. Why am I continually bothered by this notification? Hard to say at this level of details. For common password issues and solutions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/passwordnotremembered.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real ...

Contacts in GAL
Whenever I create a user in E2k3 SBS SP1 (this also was an issue before I installed SP1) I have to send the user an email to his smtp address before the account shows up in Exchange Manager and then wait 24+ hours for the user to appear in the GAL - how can I speed this up? I run the mailbox cleaup process - Brad Palmer In news:HavAe.414$zw4.93@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com, Brad Palmer <brad_palmer2@hotmail.com> typed: > Whenever I create a user in E2k3 SBS SP1 (this also was an issue > before I installed SP1) > I have to send the user an email to his smtp address before...

w2k3sp1 and owa password change
after applying the windows 2003 sp1 , owa 2003 password change cannot work correctly. changed password works in few minutes and old password still works.. thanks for helps... ...

make box for users to tick or leave blank
In an Excel spreadsheet I need to creat a box that the user can tick or leave blank What version of Excel are you using? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "VC" <VC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9290722F-B5D9-49D0-AAEC-0CD2F12FD224@microsoft.com... > In an Excel spreadsheet I need to creat a box that the user can tick or > leave > blank ...

log on password window
Hello I use xp sp2 home and outlook 2003 sp2. After I start the pc I get a log on window which asks for a password. I have not set up a passsword and my name id is just 'Owner'. In user accounts (control panel) I have also not put ticks (check marks) where it says 'use the welcome screen' and 'use fast user switching' under select logon and logoff points. This appears after clicking 'change the way users log on or off'. On screen saver tab under display properties there is no tick either where it says 'on resume, password protect'. So how ca...

In Excel VBA Editor, how do I hide my code from other users?
Is there a way to password protect my code in VBA in MS Excel (the Visual Basic Editor)? Mayberrk, In the VBE, Tools - VBA Project Properties - Protection tab - Lock project for viewing. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Mayberrk" <Mayberrk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E828D2F-F3E1-4AB6-99B5-B2F4BCD77A09@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to password protect my code in VBA in MS Excel (the Visual > Basic Editor)? ...

Excel prompts for VBA password when opening
Hola, I have a workbook in which I protected the VBA code with a password. It works fine. The user doesn't have access to the code. I'm automatically setting the Solver referece using the following code (partly shown). Set oWB = ActiveWorkbook strSolverPath = Application.LibraryPath & "\SOLVER\SOLVER.XLAM" With AddIns("Solver Add-In") .Installed = False .Installed = True End With oWB.VBProject.References.AddFromFile strSolverPath The situation is that when the user opens the workbook it's being asked for the VBA Projec...

Messenger User listed as being Offline
Hi: I am having aa problem with the setup for an Audio/Video (A/V) connection with Windows Live Messenger. We are trying to communicate wirelessly with two HP laptops (Laptop 1 and Laptop 2). Here are the configurations for the two users, User 1's laptop (Laptop 1) and User 2's laptop (Laptop 2). User 1's laptop: Laptop 1 (HP G60-533CL) OS: Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium Windows Live Messenger (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.726) On sign-in screen: User 1 signs-in as "Available". When started, Live Messenger comes up as follows: Favorites (1/1) User...

outlook 2000 password #2
outlook keep asking for username password even though they are configured and correct and the Remember box is checked! The Internet mail is also configured correctly. Even when we enter the information again in the dialog box still don't accept it!!!! PLEASE someone help! This is companywide issue! BIG THANKS. This worked for me: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;290684 good luck >-----Original Message----- >outlook keep asking for username password even though they >are configured and correct and the Remember box is >checked! The Internet...

Find date of last record entry for current user
Is there any way for a Date field to pull in the last time the currentuser created a record? If so, can this field be edited (want a different date other than last time record created)? Also, if this isn't possible is there a way to put in a Calendar? On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:40:40 -0800 (PST), p-rat <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is there any way for a Date field to pull in the last time the >currentuser created a record? If so, can this field be edited (want a >different date other than last time record created)? Access does not track this information. You can do so yourse...

Calling Taskline users
Are there other Taskline users out on this newsgroup, or is there a more appropriate newsgroup I should be using? If there are any fellow Taskline users here, I'd be interested in sharing ideas and views about the best way to get Taskline to schedule your tasks - ie. using dates? priorities? natural order? deadlines....? What combinations of scheduling order work best for you? Have you tried the latest version (v2.0)? Thanks, Brian C UK ...

Pop up for user name and password
This is message I keep getting I do have McAfee security and I have already turned off email scanning what else can I do completely uninstall anti-virus? Account: 'pop.hollandpaving.net', Server: 'pop.hollandpaving.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Logon Failure', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 did you ever get an answer to your question? "Holland" wrote: > This is message I keep getting I do have McAfee security and I have already > turned off email scanning what else can I...

password protected worksheet #2
is there anyway to get into worksheet. I put test scores in the worksheet back in June and i can't remember what password i used. Enter Excel Password in the Google search tool for a million results! Also, check out www.cpearson.com and search for passwords. FFR (for future reference): www.cpearson.com is a wonderful site full of excel tips and tricks. cr >-----Original Message----- >is there anyway to get into worksheet. > >I put test scores in the worksheet back in June and i >can't remember what password i used. >. > Worksheet???? If it's the wor...

OWA 2003
Hi all, I have a single Exchange Server 2003 Standard over Windows 2003 SP1. All installations where by default OWA was working well at the begining but in a moment we can not recall a problem started and now when we access our site/exchange IE displays the list of users as an FTP folder, then if i click my user i see the list of folders and if i click on a folfer i see the list of emails. I have double-checked the IIS configuration with other server that is working fine and i dont find any divergence. How can i solve this problem? Or, how can i make exchange recreate all the OWA struc...

MS Money 2004
After formatting and reinstalling MS money 2004 I tried to restore my backup file with no avail. It tells me that my password is incorrect. I am pretty sure it is not. Is there a fix for this: with or without the correct password? In microsoft.public.money, Cashin wrote: >After formatting and reinstalling MS money 2004 I tried to restore my backup >file with no avail. It tells me that my password is incorrect. I am pretty >sure it is not. Is there a fix for this: with or without the correct password? It may be that the files were from a later version of Money than the ver...

Validate Password against Domain Policy
Hello, our company has developed a setup assistent for our Products (it starts the Setup file of the Client Software, installs and configures a SQL-Express Database Server instance for our product and attaches the Database of our product to the sql-server instance). All parameters (such as SQL-Server instance name or the name of the Database) are currently completely validated inside the Setup asssistent to prevent a crash of the SQL-Server setup while running with the /QS parameter (shows progress UI but prevents user interaction). Today we noticed that the MS-SQL Server ...

Changing Exchange Passwords via Outlook
I am semi-new to Outlook, and very new to Exchange. However, it is used in my girlfriend's office, and she wants to change her password. It is not possible via the web interface. Can she do it via Outlook? Also, is anyone familiar with the logs produced by the Exchange Server? -Justin Exchange uses the domain password, not any Outlook password. Your = girlfriend will need to be at the office to change her domain login = password unless the Exchange admin has enabled the option in Outlook Web = Access. In either case, there is nothing that can be done except via = work. --=81 Milly S...

Outlook Password Protected PST Folder
I created my first PST folder over a year ago, I must have thought it was asking for my network password, because it is password protected and I do not know the password. This folder has all my emails that I have been saving for projects with customers. I really need it, and have no idea how to get it back without that password. It is impossisble to open now? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! There are password recovery services available on the Internet that are pretty spendy or you could look for pst19upg.exe on the Internet. It will work on 97-2002 clients and 2003 usi...