OWA use HTTP and HTTPS

Hello,

I want to know if it`s possible to use both connection methods.
Maby some user cant use the secure way so there most be another way.

is it possible to use asswel the unsecure way as the secure way?

Thnx,
Jos

0
josvds (4)

On 4 Oct 2006 23:45:24 -0700, "Josvds" <josvds@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I want to know if it`s possible to use both connection methods.
>Maby some user cant use the secure way so there most be another way.
>
>is it possible to use asswel the unsecure way as the secure way?
>
>Thnx,
>Jos

There shouldn't be any reason a user can't use an HTTPS site and if
they are on a browser that won't let them then you don't want to be
allowing them access to email from that workstation.

But yes, it is acceptable to use both. On the Web Site in IIS you need
to untick (if ticked) the "require SSL" and you will need to allow 80
as well as TCP 443 through the firewall.
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/5/2006 7:56:42 AM
It is possible, but not recommended. You can set up two different external
FQDN's point to two different front-servers.
For instance:
http://webmail.domain.com --> exchange-fe-01 and
https://webmail2.domain.com --> exchange-fe-02
However, I have not ever been in a situation where port 80 was allowed but
not port 443.

Chris

"Josvds" <josvds@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I want to know if it`s possible to use both connection methods.
> Maby some user cant use the secure way so there most be another way.
>
> is it possible to use asswel the unsecure way as the secure way?
>
> Thnx,
> Jos

0
Chris

public folders and OWA
howdy all! I am running exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2003. If i drag and drop an attachment into a public fodler the attachment shows up as as the icon of the attachmetn that i droped int ot the public fodler i.e .doc shows the icon as a word document. I can access this document with no problems using Outlook client. Now if i try and access this same document via OWA I get an "access denied error" *but* if instead of dragging and droping the attachmetn into the public folder via explorer (forexample) i *post* the attachment into the public fodler using outlook, then i can vi...

Missing Junk Email Folder in Exchange 2003 Mailbox (Outlook and OWA)
I have a user that is running Outlook 2003 and we are running Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 with IMF enabled and configured to send all junk candidates to the built-in junk email folder. The user is a long-time employee and has a mailbox that is probably 4 or more years old, so it has been upgraded from Outlook XP and Exchange 2000. I do not know how long ago this problem started, as he has just noticed and brought this to my attention, but he is missing his Junk Email built-in folder in both Outlook and Outlook Web Access. Outlook /resetfolders did not help. I can't find any information ...

How do I setup outlook for its first use?
How do I setup outlook for its first use? I have tried to set Outlook up to read from my hotmail accounts &/or my service providers email inbox but niether have worked.... With Hotmail it said payment required and with Webace it wouldnt work (not really sure why) I really want to set them all up so I can have 1 place to check emails etc and also I like working within outlook as I do so at work. I am happy to set up a new email account with one service provider, providing I will be able to read/send etc emails from Outlook. Any help would be appreciated :) On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 02:20...

Print Publisher Document Using Access
Can anyone suggest a method of using a Microsoft Access macro or another process to print a Microsoft Publisher publication? I'm using Publisher 2002 and Access 2002 (I know, dinosaurs!!!). Thanks! :) ...

i need to use the Outlook of MSoffice only. how to installstaion the outlook
i need to use the Outlook of MSoffice only. how to installstaion the outlook only question 1: i have a HTC mobile D810. and a key and Outlook Disk but i can not install only a outlook 2007? question 2: if i install the outook 2007 of office. when i firstly setup the account... the computer ask i must download the outlook connecting software... and then i click the "cancel". but the outlook 2007 can not to use, even i uninstall the outlook 2007 or Ms office, and reinstall again. how i correction the problem. please help 1. Is the disk and key for office 2007 or Outlook only? if...

Form View using snapshot?
I have one form. On the switchboard I have three choices. Add, Edit or Search the form. The add and edit work fine. My problem is with the search. If I open the form in edit mode and manually change the recordset to snapshot I get what I want which is to have the user search the form, still use the filter command buttons on the form and not be able to make any changes to the textboxes on the form. I tried to write a sub procedure to do this automatically but I don't understand what I'm doing. I also tried DoCmd in acReadOnly but it would not allow me to use the filters o...

Using same SSRS installation to support two different CRM installs
We are implementing a second instance of CRM 4.0. It is for a different business so CRM will be installed on a different server than our current instance. Multihoming is not an option. In our current implementation our Reporting Services installation is on a different box than CRM. We would like to use the same SSRS server for reports for the new CRM installation. Is this possible? Our Reporting SErvices server is on a different machine also. -- Leo That should work just fine aslong as the organization names are different. Otherwise both instances will try to use the same folder...

Kahrs Hardwood Floor Cleaner 32 Oz. Spray Ready to Use
List Price:$14.49 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001EBOWE4 Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001EBOWE4 Kahrs Hardwood Floor Cleaner is speically formulated for cleaning all types of wood floors coated with a clear unwaxed finish ...

Win XP X64 to Win 7 Pro 64bit using Nforce4 mobo
I'm getting ready to instanll win 7 pro 64bit on my PC that is presently running win XP X64. I have enough room to do a dual boot, though I'm in the process of backing everything up on external drives. (Ya never know!) I have run the windows 7 upgrade advisor (sic) and it seems to be happy with all but my printer. The mobo is a Gigabyte GA-k8N Ultra-9. For the orginal installation, I had to use a floppy to load the device drivers for the software raid. I don't see these drivers for windows 7 listed. I'm assuming since I am doing the dual boot, I can do the installat...

RMS Add-Ins: managing state using session variables
Hi, I'm new to the world of RMS, but have been looking into making RMS Add- Ins. I'm developing in C#. I've got a couple of add-ins written that don't do anything particular at the moment, but do need a way of passing state to each other. The two add-ins are hooked into the InitializeTransaction and PrintReceipt hooks. At the moment, I'm passing state around by using a session variable. However, what I find a little odd is that the session variables appear to be implemented as a fixed 10-position array. For my initial testing I'm just arbitrarily picking one slot in...

Problem displaying form when using data from 3 tables
I have the following tables: [tbl_Claimant] SSN (PK), FirstName, LastName, DOB [tbl_ClmDetails] recID (PK), SSN (FK), CED, FONum [tbl_IDReferrals] refID (PK), SSN (FK), and bunch more fields I'm designing the form using all fields from [tbl_IDReferrals] with [FirstName], [LastName], [CED], and [FONum] -- but whenever I try to click to Form View -- my form is blank but on design view it show my form. The relationship is 1-many between [tbl_Claimant] and [tbl_ClmDetails], and 1-many between [tbl_Claimant] and [tbl_IDReferrals]. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong please? Than...

Can xml request go through firewall by using web service?
Hi, I am doing a course project now for practive xml. I heard from somewhere that xml request can go through firewall. currently in our school there is a firewall which only can log on by vpn when user is outside firewall. I want to create a web form which can save the data into the database which is inside the firewall. Do you think xml request can do that? can i create a asp.net web service then using xml request to save the data to the database by using web service? I really appreciate if you can give me some advice Thanks The transfer of data via a webservice would only be res...

Using v97 .mny files in 2005
I have downloaded the 2005 trial and used a copy backup of my v97 .mny file for testing. At the start of the trial there is a statement that I cannot open the information from an older version in the retail version of 2005. This doesn't sound right. Am I mis-interpreting it? That would be my conclusion. Many people have done precisely this. You might want to re-read the message. I suspect it's talking about how a file, once upgrade to M05, can't be converted back. And before upgrading to M05, you might want to do some due diligence. Results of mine are documented at http:/...

Revised data fails to be used by formulas
I have a spreadsheet doesnt re-calculate the formulas when data is changed. It reacts as if I had not selected to F9 or auto to calculate. I have tried changing the calculation option between manual and auto but neither selection works. Manual calculation doesnt work either. The only way to have the formula work is to select each cell as if to edit and push enter. Several people in my office have started having the same problem but only on some workbooks. We all use Excel 2002 and work on a LAN. Any Ideas? Were your values pasted in? Often that results in values which are entered a...

Using SUMIF on common words
I would like to use the SUMIF function to add up cells containing common words, but not necessarily the same word, i.e. Cell1 contains party123 value 100 Cell2 contains party 456 value 50 Cell3 contains poser 122 value 100 Cell4 conatins partypooper value 100 Therefore total cells containing "party" = cell 1+cell 2 +cell 4 = 250 Is it possible to do this? Is your data laid out nicely in columns (like descriptions in A1:A10 and values in B1:B10)? If yes: =SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(SEARCH("party",A1:A10,1)),B1:B10) Dodge wrote: > > I would like to use the SUMIF f...

All Global Catalog Servers in use are not responding
We are in the process of migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have one Exchange 5.5 server and two Exchange 2003 server in one organization. Exchange 5.5 in an NT 4 domain and Ex 2003's are in a Windows 2003 domain. There are mail boxes on both Exchange 2003 servers. If we shutdown the Exchange 2003 server which was intalled first the other Exchange stops working. It generates even "Process MAD.EXE (PID=2856). All Global Catalog Servers in use are not responding:" Why does it do it. How can we configure the servers so that if one server is down other c...

Using a cell reference as the axis value for Horizontal axis crosses
Is there any way of referencing a cell as the value in the "axis value" area of the "Format Axis dialog box. I am currently entering a number i.e. 2.5. I would like to be able to have this number change when a user enterer a value in a cell? Would it have to be VBA code or is there another way? Hi, A coded solution is currently the only way. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info <betuttle52@gmail.com> wrote in message news:408bbd01-b24e-4ca3-9e63-02daed2b146e@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way of referencing a ce...

Is there a way to use background pattern fill for just a text box?
Does anyone know if there is a way to use the background colors/textures in just a text box and not the whole project? I have Publisher 2002. Thanks Kristine kda949, Click on the little down arrow next to the Fill Color icon. Choose Fill Effects. Have fun... "kda949" <kda949@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6236C9FF-3EFD-4019-8C9D-0BA36EE0373F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a way to use the background colors/textures > in > just a text box and not the whole project? I have Publisher 2002. > > Thanks > Kristine ...

Emergency issue with OWA! Help!
Yesterday I moved my only Exchange server (2003 SP2) to a new OU not thinking that it would cause any problems (I know, stupid mistake). So I started getting 9186 and 9187 Event errors. I find an article stating that Exchange cached that OU info, so I restart the SA and all other services. Errors stop, but now Outlook Web Access is broken. Users can authenticate, but the page never fully loads and gives a bunch of errors in IE about "Object expected". So I move the server back to the original OU, no dice. I empty the IIS Temporary Compressed Files folder and restart IIS, no dice...

Using Backgrounds in Worksheets
Hi all, I hope you can help. I've got a workbook I've designed for a client and it all works perfectly, but it looks a bit plain. The workbook is made up of 5 sheets. So I've just created a small (about 6kb) jpeg with a neutral colour and formatted the sheet to use this as a background. However, the workbook has now gone from about 500kb in size to approximately 6Mb in size, making it inpractical. I'd rather use the background method rather than just colouring the cells at the back as I don't want this colour background to print. Are there any tricks I can use to m...

Multiple matches using LOOKUP
Hello everyone, Here is what I am trying to accomplish. Based on Column A or ORDER_NOTE I need to find the respective match in column C. It perfectly works for 1 match. What if I have three or more matches how to force excel to look for others? This formula is inside of macro. I can use count function to find out how many times 'ORDER_NOTE' appeared. ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=LOOKUP(""ORDER_NOTE"",Range(""A:A""),Range(""C:C""))" Also, is it possible to concatenate all the finding of column C that match 'ORDE...

OWA #80
We are currently exploring the idea of going to OWA to allow users to check mail from home. Our concern is that we don't want to expose our main system to the outside world. My thought is correct me if I'm wrong here but we could setup another exchange server as a front end server. How would one do this? Would this require an addition licenses for the OS and Exchange? Would we need to buy additional CAL's for OWA? Do you know any good resources that would instruct on how to do this The front-end server doesn't improve security a whole lot, but it's especially ...

Setting sStyle using SetParaFormat
I have some code that does something like this: PARAFORMAT2 pf; pf.cbSize = sizeof(PARAFORMAT2); pf.dwMask = PFM_STYLE; pf.sStyle = kPlain; assert(m_Edit.SetParaFormat(pf)); and then I immediately try to retrieve the style: PARAFORMAT2 pf; DWORD dwMask = m_Edit.GetParaFormat(pf); char buf[200]; sprintf(buf, "%x %d %d", dwMask, dwMask & PFM_STYLE, pf.sStyle); AfxMessageBox(buf, 0, 0); which prints something like this: 8001003f 0 -13108 Questions: 1. Why is the PFM_STYLE mask not set when GetParaFormat returns()? 2. The documentation for PARAFORMAT2 indicates that ...

Prevent sequential number being used if record not saved
I have an invoice form that when opened, uses the following code to allocate the next invoice number (InvNo): Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Me.InvNo = Nz(DMax("[InvNo]", "[tblInvoices]")) + 1 Me.Dirty = False End Sub Trouble is, if I then decide for some reason not to carry on, even if I click on the Close button rightaway without having entered anything anywhere, the invoice number is still used and appears in the Invoices table (without any values in any of the fields, of course). How can I prevent this? Ideally I would like to be able to...

Using old Word Document (2000,2003) with Word 2007
Hi, I have a calendar document (table) that includes a lot of formattig for the previous and next month. When I open this document in Word 2007 all the numbers are out of place. The clip art is also out of place. Is there some way I can open and use this document that will retain the original placement of the numbers and text? I would hate to think I'll have to re-create every page. Please help. The way in which Word lays out a document is dependent upon the active printer. Do you have the same printer selected in the File>Print dialog in Word 2007 as you were using...