OWA to POP, IMAP: OWA access, need pop3, IMAP, or Forwarding

Hi,

I have recently been given a new email address by my school, which is
only accessible through exchange and OWA.

The thing is, I already have an exchange server, and 2 pop accounts
already setup into my single profile, which is linked to my blackberry
-- everything is already well integrated. Adding this profile or OWA
screws everything up.

Is there a peice of software I can run that reads my OWA account and
forwards it to POP or IMAP? The new OWA won't even let me forward the
mail.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff.

0
subtle (2)

On 4 Dec 2006 07:16:39 -0800, "Jeff  Sherwin" <subtle@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have recently been given a new email address by my school, which is
>only accessible through exchange and OWA.
>
>The thing is, I already have an exchange server, and 2 pop accounts
>already setup into my single profile, which is linked to my blackberry
>-- everything is already well integrated. Adding this profile or OWA
>screws everything up.
>
>Is there a peice of software I can run that reads my OWA account and
>forwards it to POP or IMAP? The new OWA won't even let me forward the
>mail.
>
>Thanks for the help.
>
>Jeff.

How do you think that OWA screws stuff up? OWA is just a basic web
browser access you your email.

What protocols does the school offer? You already have a MAPI profile
with the existing Exchange server but Exchange can be eccessed by POP
just the same as anything else so long as the School admins have
enabled the functionality and issued instructions (same applies for
IMAP)

So, go and ask the school what else you can have and then come back
here with the answers if you need to.
0
mark7219 (5666)
12/4/2006 4:10:52 PM
Mark,

Thank you for the quick response. I do not believe OWA is screwing
anything up, but its not integrated into my single outlook view.

Outside of MAPI, OWA is the only additional interface into my school
exchnage server. The school does not offer any POP, IMAP, or forwarding
options from that account.

My question was if there was a workaround to have some intermediate
proxy access the OWA webpage and convert that mail into POP/IMAP
protocol. It may not be possible, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to
ask.

Jeff.

Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:
> On 4 Dec 2006 07:16:39 -0800, "Jeff  Sherwin" <subtle@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have recently been given a new email address by my school, which is
> >only accessible through exchange and OWA.
> >
> >The thing is, I already have an exchange server, and 2 pop accounts
> >already setup into my single profile, which is linked to my blackberry
> >-- everything is already well integrated. Adding this profile or OWA
> >screws everything up.
> >
> >Is there a peice of software I can run that reads my OWA account and
> >forwards it to POP or IMAP? The new OWA won't even let me forward the
> >mail.
> >
> >Thanks for the help.
> >
> >Jeff.
>
> How do you think that OWA screws stuff up? OWA is just a basic web
> browser access you your email.
>
> What protocols does the school offer? You already have a MAPI profile
> with the existing Exchange server but Exchange can be eccessed by POP
> just the same as anything else so long as the School admins have
> enabled the functionality and issued instructions (same applies for
> IMAP)
>
> So, go and ask the school what else you can have and then come back
> here with the answers if you need to.

0
subtle (2)
12/4/2006 7:09:46 PM
If you had access to the Administrators I might suggest that they
delete your mailbox and instead create a mail enabled contact that
pointed to your Exchange account.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

attaching a macro to a control button in the Quick Access Toolbar
Excel 12, WXP I have a macro that I used a lot in Excel 11 and I would like to use it in Excel 12. I have put a button (form control) on the Quick Access Toolbar and I want to attach the macro to it. Help says to right click on the control and choose "assign macro" but when I right click on the control I don't get that choice. Can't find any help for this question in VB editor either. It describes how to put a command button on the worksheet itself, but no way to assign a macro that is in the Quick Access Toolbar. Any suggestions? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/ima...

POP3 server, messages NOT deleted from the server
I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the option "Leave on the server" with the additional option "Remove when deleted from Deleted items". This doesn't work and none of the messages I receive are deleted from the server and all remain there. When I use other email tools, I don't have this problem. I have also installed service pack 3 and it still continues to have this problem. >-----Original Message----- >I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the >option "Leave on the server" with the additional >option "Rem...

Duplicate mail forwarded
This is a Windows 2003 SP1 server with patches up to date, Exchange 2003 SP-2. We are using forwarding rules on the mailboxes to forward messages to certain user's Blackberry devices. We are getting several messages sent multiple times (up to 20 at a time). I've looked for a black-hole router, but didn't find any, but I enabled the black-hole router detection anyway - no difference. I've looked in the SMTP logs, and I think I found the entries from a particular message that was received only once in the user's mailbox, but 3 times at the Blackberry. This message wa...

Remove OWA log off button
Does anyone know how to remove the OWA Log Off button? We are using ssl appliances that handle that for us, and when the owa logoff is used the cached credentials from the ssl allow for users to just hit back and get back in. EX 2003 I guess you could decompile the code and modify it yourself, or pay Microsoft a bazillion dollars to make a special version for you. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:999AB24F-EFCA-4373-8E81-A046767FA67A@microsoft.com... &...

Reporting services available for use with access?
I am building a DB in access for my project managers, some will be using just access. Is it possible that report builder can be used in Access? In some way? ...

Help needed for a simple spreadsheet
I use MS office 2000, using excell to calculate costings, i would lik to simplyfy the way i use the spreadsheet to calculate costs but canno find out how to set up a basic database which will automatically link t the spreadsheet, any help would be gratefully appreciated. Using a simple 5 column spreadsheet i would like to set it up a follows. Column A - enter simple item code (upto 10 digits) which wil auto-complete after 3 digits and allow scrolling through similar code until the correct item is found, column C would then automatically b entered with the full item description and column D...

Send/Receive isn't transmitting e-mails from pop3 server
As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and since then Outlook no longer can receive files from my pop3 server set-up. I removed XP SP2 and I still have the problem. I click on send/receive, it shows everything to work but e-mails are remaining on my internet e-mail server and not being transferred to Outlook. It was all working a few days ago.... Any advice? "Outlook 2000 SR-1 & Windows XP - Send/Receive" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259401c4a996$dc144140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and si...

desparately need help
i installed the camera icon on the QAT last week and experimented with it. got the message "The picture is too large and will be truncated". Now i get that message on every file and every time a enter something in a cell. i have removed the camera icon and have re-booted but am still having trouble. thanks in advance -- aprilshowers ...

Need help with collection serialization
Can some Please tell me why the following collection is not XML Serializable: Imports System.Xml Imports System.Runtime.Serialization Namespace MyNamespace <Serializable()> Public Class SpecialResult Private m_SpecialID As Integer Private m_Description As String Private m_Adjustment As Decimal Public Property SpecialID() As Integer Get Return m_SpecialID End Get Set(ByVal Value As Integer) m_SpecialID = Value End Set End Property Public Property Description(...

Easy access-button to Access-database in Excel
Hello, we have made an excel-sheet which is connected to an access-database with the add-on template-guide (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=E01EA3D8-094D-4ED1-88DA-F4B8B2AD28BD). It is working fine but we would like there to be a button which is linked to the access-database connected with this sheet or at least a cell which has the path to the file. Does anybody know if this is possible? Kind regards, Chris You can use the Macro Recorder to record a macro while going through the steps manually to access the database. Then, create a drawing obj...

Exchange 5.5 (VPN/External Access)
Hi All, We currently use exchange 5.5 (win2k server) for our postoffice and im currently looking into giving a small amount of users access to their email from home. How secure or what are the best practices in this situation....? OWA pop3 tunneling VPN Custom Recipient (just forward email to their home account) Lets just leave this one out for the moment as i know all about this.... Each of these scare the hell out of me as the client machines will largly be out of my control. I think the VPN option scares me the most as this will give most access, whereas with the other two i'm...

Conversion from Access 2000
I have a formula that worked correctly in Access 2000 namely =IIf([Print Invoice Time Subform].[Form].[RecordsetClone]. [RecordCount]=0,0,[Print Invoice Time Subform].[Form]! [Total Hours]) However, in Access 2003, I think it can't evaluate the [RecordsetClone].[RecordCount]=0 part. Can anyone help with a replacement statement. Many thanks Hi John, I'm able to get results to work in the Northwind database sample using the Orders form in Microsoft Access 2003. Example: Dim str as String str = IIF([Orders Subform].[Form].[RecordsetClone].[RecordCo...

Reports created in Access 2003
When we upgraded to 2007 all the reports that had been created in 2003 were no longer on the toolbar at the top of the screen and I can't find them anywhere. Help. ...

OWA default color scheme
Can anyone tell me how to change the OWA default color from the exchange server. I'd like all my users to have the maroon color scheme to match our school colors. Thanks. owa admin tool for exchange 2003. - rg "KJacks" <KJacks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC05FF7D-CF28-4F48-B02D-84FD7D5579E8@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to change the OWA default color from the exchange > server. I'd like all my users to have the maroon color scheme to match our > school colors. > Thanks. got a link? "rg" wrote: > owa ...

A pal needs help on this site
A pal needs help on this site greetings fellow newsgroupers. I recently found a site called Microsoft Forums. In a very short time I became very known to the site and its an excellent tool. This guy who runs it is good too but needs a helping hand. Please do me a favor and check it out at http://www.msforums.org/ Categories are like Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Gaming, Servers, Developer and so on. Thanks to everyone. MDO Pro -- I go to Microsoft Forums, do you? http://www.msforums.org/ ...

Help needed with mail returned as possible spam
We have about 10 computers using Bellsouth DSL service, with Bellsouth hosting our domain. Our Outlook clients are set up for POP3/SMTP using mail.ourdomain.com. A few days ago, we began having email problems, especially when we try to send emails to each other. The returned emails say they are being rejected by the mailserver as possible spam. One of the returned emails said "Host blacklisted in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.swh.bellsouth.net." It then identified our public IP address. However, that IP address does not show as blacklisted on the spamhaus.org website. I rectifie...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #2
Thanks Dave, this is almost exactly what I want! The only thing I nee in the module now is that when they try to delete a validated cell an the INVALID appears, I want the cursor to return to that cell to forc them to select from the list - at the moment they can continue leavin INVALID as the value. Perhaps a message box telling them what the have done wrong would also be useful? Thanks in advance Fuzz -- fuzzyfrea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fuzzyfreak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View thi...

Out of Office Assistant
I am trying to set the out of office assistant using the advanced options with a rule to forward all e-mail to text messaging on my cell phone. I can send an e-mail manually to the cell phone text message address so I know it is able to receive them. Unfortunately, when I have out of office assistant set to forward my messages to the cell phone they don't get forwarded. Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance! Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;181636 The article says "This article is very effective troubleshooting Pager and Cell Phones that are ha...

address list in excel need to get into outlook contacts
I am trying to get a spreadsheet full of contacts into outlook and outlook is not recognizing even after mapping. is ther a certain way to do the spreadsheet to get outlook to import correctly? You might try looking here: Microsoft.public.outlook Microsoft.public.outlook.contacts Microsoft.public.outlook.general Ed "mark odom" <metalroofing@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:042a01c3b23a$80f282d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to get a spreadsheet full of contacts into > outlook and outlook is not recognizing even after > mapping. is ther a certain w...

Access 2007 update queries does not update table in SQL Server 200
We have this application upgraded from Access 2003. This application is front end to SQL Server 2005. When we try to run any action queries, Access will show command executed successfully but it will have no effect on the table in SQL Server. This happen when we use WorkSpace and Begin Transaction. Any updates we do between Begin Trans to Commit trans will have no effect. Please help regards Khuzema UPDATE: We are using ODBC to connect to SQL Server 2005 "Khuzema" wrote: > We have this application upgraded from Access 2003. This application is front > end to SQL Se...

Access 2000 Date Count Help
Morning all, I have field that contains dates. I need to add up each time a visit is made. Easy enough. In a query, I run the date count and all works great. However, I need to filter out if the date of the last visit and next visit are within 2 days of themselves. Example. They might visit a customer on the November 21. They didn't complete the work. They will not return on the 22nd, because it's a Holiday, so they will return on the 23rd to finish up. I need to count that span of time as 1 visit, not 2. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks If the data you are storing is only...

Access 2007 custom toolbars
I installed an add-in for Access 2007, but when it did not properly function I uninstalled it. THe only problem is that it left its orphaned custom toolbar in the add-ins tab on the ribbon. For he life of me I cannot figure out how to remove the custom toolbar it left behind. Can anyone help me figure out how to remove it? On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:04:02 -0800, ChrlsHrdy <ChrlsHrdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What did the vendor of the add-in have to say about this? -Tom. >I installed an add-in for Access 2007, but when it did not properly function >I uninstalled it. TH...

need a refresher: text boxes on charts that use relational formulas?
I could have sworn that a long time ago, I set up one or more text boxes on a graph that had formulas in them, so the text that was showing would automatically change each month. I'm now using Win2000/XL2003, and not having much luck- I want to put my legend on the bottom, then a text box under it where I will show 3 values (one for each legend item) to provide some additional information on the graph. I have too many graphs to do this and have to update it all manually. What is the best approach to use, to link the contents of my text box (or similar) to the contents of a cell that on m...

Address book access problem
I have migrated my old vista laptop to my new Windows 7 laptop and can not get contacts to show up in the address area. Need help. -- Pecan Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using, or one related to Windows. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "pecan@bigpond.com" <pecanbigpondcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...