OWA Three logins/The Folder can't be displayed

I have an OWA problem where, when any account access OWA, they get three
login prompts.

The email does display in the background but any changing the viewed
folder results in those three login prompts again.

An attempt to delete a message results in those three prompts and then
the user gets a popup "Some items can't be deleted.  They were either
moved, already deleted, or access was denied."
Then the inbox no longer displays any messages, instead showing "The
folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this
action."

Closing and reopening IE clears that message and we're back to original
three prompts issue.

OWA doesn't work on Firefox at all with the users getting "Local
Security Authority could not be contacted".

I'm running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003.  This testing is occuring on
machines inside my firewall.
I'm running 128bit SSL with Integrated and Basic authentication checked,
though OWA was displaying the same symptoms prior to going to ssl.

Public folders, also under ssl, work fine.  They have anonymous access
enabled and work under both IE and Firefox.

This problem duplicates the issue at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831820
but that is referring to problems with the public folders.

I've performed the steps at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317471
with no luck.

Now - this was a clean load of Windows 2003 that I installed Exchange
2000 on.  OWA didn't work then either for either the exchange or public
folders.  I upgraded to Exchange 2003 and SP2 and now the public folders
work and exchange showing the messages.

Any advice would be welcome.
0
Allan

Read the following article and first compare the necessary permissions to
your current configuration. If they match consider re-creating the virtual
directories as described:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883380/en-us

Nue
"Allan" <nullconnectATgmailDOTcom> wrote in message
>I have an OWA problem where, when any account access OWA, they get three
> login prompts.
>
> The email does display in the background but any changing the viewed
> folder results in those three login prompts again.
>
> An attempt to delete a message results in those three prompts and then
> the user gets a popup "Some items can't be deleted.  They were either
> moved, already deleted, or access was denied."
> Then the inbox no longer displays any messages, instead showing "The
> folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this
> action."
>
> Closing and reopening IE clears that message and we're back to original
> three prompts issue.
>
> OWA doesn't work on Firefox at all with the users getting "Local
> Security Authority could not be contacted".
>
> I'm running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003.  This testing is occuring on
> machines inside my firewall.
> I'm running 128bit SSL with Integrated and Basic authentication checked,
> though OWA was displaying the same symptoms prior to going to ssl.
>
> Public folders, also under ssl, work fine.  They have anonymous access
> enabled and work under both IE and Firefox.
>
> This problem duplicates the issue at
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831820
> but that is referring to problems with the public folders.
>
> I've performed the steps at
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317471
> with no luck.
>

> Now - this was a clean load of Windows 2003 that I installed Exchange
> 2000 on.  OWA didn't work then either for either the exchange or public
> folders.  I upgraded to Exchange 2003 and SP2 and now the public folders
> work and exchange showing the messages.
>
> Any advice would be welcome.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
5/22/2006 8:53:07 PM
No luck with either the permissions or the recreation of the virtual
directories.

This... is driving me nuts.

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in

> Read the following article and first compare the necessary permissions
> to your current configuration. If they match consider re-creating the
> virtual directories as described:

> Nue
> "Allan" <nullconnectATgmailDOTcom> wrote in message
>>I have an OWA problem where, when any account access OWA, they get
>>three
>> login prompts.
>>
>> The email does display in the background but any changing the viewed
>> folder results in those three login prompts again.
>>
>> An attempt to delete a message results in those three prompts and
>> then the user gets a popup "Some items can't be deleted.  They were
>> either moved, already deleted, or access was denied."
>> Then the inbox no longer displays any messages, instead showing "The
>> folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this
>> action."
>>
>> Closing and reopening IE clears that message and we're back to
>> original three prompts issue.
>>
>> OWA doesn't work on Firefox at all with the users getting "Local
>> Security Authority could not be contacted".
>>
>> I'm running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003.  This testing is occuring
>> on machines inside my firewall.
>> I'm running 128bit SSL with Integrated and Basic authentication
>> checked, though OWA was displaying the same symptoms prior to going
>> to ssl.
>>
>> Public folders, also under ssl, work fine.  They have anonymous
>> access enabled and work under both IE and Firefox.
>>
>> This problem duplicates the issue at
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831820
>> but that is referring to problems with the public folders.
>>
>> I've performed the steps at
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317471
>> with no luck.
>>

>> Now - this was a clean load of Windows 2003 that I installed Exchange
>> 2000 on.  OWA didn't work then either for either the exchange or
>> public folders.  I upgraded to Exchange 2003 and SP2 and now the
>> public folders work and exchange showing the messages.
>>
>> Any advice would be welcome.

0
Allan
5/23/2006 3:11:01 PM
A few more symptoms -

When I access OWA when my network account is logged into the LAN, it works
fine.

If I turn on Allow Anon and Basic Authentication but turn off Integrated
Windows, Firefox works as does IE.

If I leave Allow Anon on and turn on Integrated Windows, firefox stops
working and IE stops bothering to ask for credentials - loading my account
straight up even when I'm not logged into the machine under my account.

0
Allan

Re: Strange email issues on Public Folders.
Still having a problem with this one. Just wondering if anyone managed to find out any thing about it. "Morgan Bardon" <morgan.bardon@mcit.org.uk> wrote in message news:... > Hi all, > > I installed a SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 over the weekend and have noticed > some strange things. This one is the worst of all though. > > I have a few domains sitting on the server and info accounts for two of > them. So info@companya.com and info@companyb.com > > I created two public folders for company A and company B and when I send a > test email to either a...

display a message when a date expire
My database Members has a frmMembers and a subform Drivinglicence, both are conencted by MemberID. The subform has got these fields: MemberID, DrivingLicenceType, StartDate and EndDate. How would I set this up so when the database is opened or when i open the subform a message appears reporting about the Enddate regarding the driving licence of that Member is about to expire in 6 months or less so this way I can inform them that they should renew their driving licence. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201003/1 "...

Increasing mdbdata folder
I have noticed that during the past two weeks, the size of mdbdata folder on the Exchange folder, which has increased in increments of 5mb log files. Does any one knows, what is causing this folder to increased? Does this has something to do when you enable "Circular logging" on Exchange 5.5? these are transaction log files...please do not delete...and do not enable circular logging...that severely limits your options for recovery in a DR situation. Regular online backups will purge the log files that have been committed...are you not performing nightly online backups? -- S...

Personal Folders from Mac to PC
Help. We have Personal folders we need to move from Outlook 2001 (Mac OS 9) to WindowsXP. From within Outlook 2001 Import/Export, there is nothing for PSTs. So we've copied the file and then tried to import into XP. No go. How can we move these files? ...

"Apply these settings to all folders now" button doesn't work in outlook XP
Does anyone know wht the "Apply these settings to all folders now" button doesn't apply the settings to all folders? I have a lot of folders and want to figure out a way to apply the settings to all folders, all at once. Thanks! ...

Login Problem #3
I also have a login problem that started yesterday. All over sudden I cannot access my money file any longer. The same is true for the backup that money makes when you exit the program. Now when i try to access my money file I get the following response: The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file. Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file I have tried to change the .net password to no avail. I have also tried to login without the .net online feature and get back an incorrect password message. help Please read other postings before posting. <...

OWA SSL NLB
Folks, I have 3 url's webmail.a.com, webmail.b.com and webmail.c.com pointing to a single public IP. I also have 2 OWA FE servers doing NLB with a single default website. We would like to purchase an SSL from Thawte and they told us that we need 3 public IP's an public IP per domain name. Also that we need 3 separate sites on IIS for each domain where we can apply each certificate. Now on the NLB management we have a cluster group with the 2 internal IP's and 1 virtual IP assigned. I understand that I would need to have 3 virtual IP's so that we can do a 1:1 nat on the chec...

Moving Sent Items to a different folder
Hi, I was trying to create a rule so that whenever I send mails to a particular person, the sent mail is moved from "Sent Items" folder to a different folder. eg: - Whenever I send mails to abc@xyz.com, move the sent mail from "Sent Item" folder to "MyFolder". I tried to create a rule for this, but I couldnt find any obvious methods to do this. Could someone help me please? Thanks, Dipu Try this: - turn off the option to move all sent items to the Sent Items folder - create your rules to copy items when they're sent - create a final catch-all rule (a rul...

Empty E-Mails from OWA
Hi @all! I got a strange problem with OWA (once again). When one of our users replys a E-Mail to one of two specifiec recievers, the reciever recieves an empty Mail. If he writes a new Mail to this reciever the bodytext is there, but when replying it does not. There are only two recievers and one of our Users affected. I testet around a little bit and noticed, that when I send an E-Mail with OWA to my WebMail acoount, the Mailbody in HTML View is chineese - Text view showes the right text. Sending a Mail with Outlook makes no trouble. I am not sure if there is a connection between both pro...

Multi Language Support for OWA 2k3
I have one Japanese support staff member here who when trying to use our western language based OWA server get's the message "Message cannot be sent because the code page for this language cannot be found on the server. Please contact the server administrator". I am having trouble locating any info for Exch2k3 Japanese language support. I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction. Thanks! "Troyfin" <Troyfin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have one Japanese support staff member here who when trying to use our >western lang...

Cell entries display problem.
A10 is Sum(A1:A9). When I enter values in these cells, cells A1, A2, A3, and A4 do not display values,however, the values is there!A10 shows correct sum and the values appears on the print screen. How have no idea how this happens. Please help! Thanks in advance! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Kim Couple of suggestions. 1. The Font is formatted to White(no color is default) 2. You have Custom Format of ;;; for those cells. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:11:55 -0500, Kim-Anh Tran <<Kim-Anh.Tran.14o9dt@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >A...

js scripts in system folder
Hi, My new antivirus solution, AVG Email Scanner, has reported (as virus) about 300 .js scripts in the system folder. Is it safe to delete all js scripts? Thanks, Peter ...

In An Outlook Mail In Folder I've Add a Customn Column
Called 'number' so I can ad a unique id to each received email. The column shows but i cant enter any data in to it? Any iadeas? Trev Modify the view to turn on "in-cell editing." -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Trevor Aiston" <TrevorAiston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F2A60E-E255-4D1F-9D1B-EC0DFF480B6A@microsoft.com... > Called 'number' so I can ad a unique id t...

Outlook 2K3 +Exchange+POP3/Personal Folder Incorrect copy placement
I'm connected to an exchange server. I also have my own personal mail accounts setup in Outlook (POP3). In 2K2 I had a rule that moved my mail from my Inbox on the exchange server (default delivery location) to the correct folder in my personal folders. Everything worked as expected. The problem is NOW in 2K3, when I send mail out of my personal folders (via reply, forward) the message copy doesn't go to the SENT ITEMS folder, but rather my Inbox in my Personal Folders. I have tested by manually moving the mail, and also via rule, with the same results. Searched till m...

Top level Public folder
I am moving mailbox users and P.folder to a new server in site. Mailbox is ok, but after stopping the Exch. services on the first site, I can't get access to the p.folder folder in Exch. adminstrator. I get an error message about that the server is not available, and the error c1030745. (And, yes, I have conf. replicas and new home server for the other folders.) Anyone that has any suggestions why this happens, and what to doo about it ? Thanks. E. One reason: In Exchange Administrator....get the properties of your private information store. On the general tab....is it pointin...

Public Folders #43
Hello All, Anyone know of a way to programmatically mail enable a public folder in ..NET preferred Thanks Mark ...

Outlook 2003 Ziped Folders
Hi, since updating to outlook 2003 I cannot seem to send Ziped files. Was fine with office XP. have dissabled AV and firewall for testing I can recieve them but not send. Can send other attachments ok such as HTML, DOC, JPG, Gif ETC... When I try to send zipped files just get SMPT time out errors no matter the siz of zip. Only happens to zip files. Any help would be great ...

Dual Outllook Today
Two of my users who share one comuputer have two instances of the same folder list that appear mirror images. Both say Outlook Today-Personal folder. One user of the same computer only has the single instance. I don't see any option for "delete". How can I delete one of the instances...also, for the one who has a single instance, how do I create a separate personal folder for him? I kow how to create additional folder within that same personal folder, but in essence, he wants the mirror image, the other two don't. Go figure. Can you R click and close the dupl...

Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder of outlook from VB6.0
Hi All! Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder from VB6.0. It is very helpful for me if the code is written in ActiveX DLL and can be called from any form of other projects. -- Thanks and Regards S. Viswanathan Viswanathan wrote: > Hi All! > > Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder from VB6.0. It is > very helpful for me if the code is written in ActiveX DLL and can be called > from any form of other projects. > > -- > Thanks and Regards > S. Viswanathan > > Thanks! Next.... Did you have a particular questi...

OWA doesn't recognize distribution lists
Hi, I'm running SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. From Outlook Web Access I can create distribution lists, but cannot see or search for them in my contacts or global address book once they are saved. I CAN see and search successfully for individual contacts. I can type the distribution list name in the "To:" field of a new email message and it sends fine, but only if I have the name written exactly perfect as it can't find the distribution lists in the contacts folder. OWA doesn't underline the list name or confirm in any way that it's found the list in my c...

accidentally hard deleted folder
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000 and stupidly hard-deleted a folder by accident. I did a search to find out if it is possible to recover the folder and I keep finding things that say "select Recover Deleted Items from the Tools menu". Well, my tools menu doesn't have that option. Is there any hope of recovering my folder and the messages in it? In despair, Anita sahmiam@rogers.com --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.701 / Virus Database: 458 - Release Date: 07/06/2004 Try this.. http://support.mi...

Outlook 2002 appointment sent to public folder calendar gets puts in someone elses calendar instead
Andy Fenton sent an all day event to IT shared calendar for 1 February. It does not appear in the IT caledar, but it does appear in Richard Brown's. It was an all day event and is showing as tentative, but because it appears in Richard's calendar it looks like he is busy the whole day - it appears he can still make appointments in it though. My manager regularly works from home and puts the days he does this in advance into the IT Shared Calendar, which is in the public folder, and to which everyone in the IT department has publishing editor rights. He places the appointment into his ...

Additional mailboxes not displaying "Mailbox -" before the name
I have seen this with all different versions of Outlook. When you add an additional mailbox to be displayed, it does not always display as "Mailbox - Smith, John" Something it will just display as "Smith, John" Why is this? Mailboxes are both running off E2k or E2k3 and on the same exact server. I have seen it originally being displayed as "Mailbox - Smith, John" but then I recreate the profile and "Mailbox -" disappears. How do I get it back. Is this an application problem? Is there a registry hack to fix it? Thanks, Keith Anybody kno...

Three pages inside a page
I have three pages; the main page, the header and the footer. How do I code the Default page so it will display the header on top, the main page in the middle and the footer at the bottom of the page? "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D19EC001-B975-42CE-A939-8D1B3CF5353F@microsoft.com... >I have three pages; the main page, the header and the footer. > How do I code the Default page so it will display the header on top, the > main page in the middle and the footer at the bottom of the page? If you want to display three pages (mai...

Going to 2003 from 5.5 (Public Folders) problem
We are currently attempting an upgrade to 2003 from 5.5 We used pfmigrate to add replicas on the new dedicated public folder server but started to notice the priv is growing. Not only that but faster then the pub. There are no mailboxes on the server so why would this be happening? Any ideas? Stacey <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are currently attempting an upgrade to 2003 from 5.5 > >We used pfmigrate to add replicas on the new dedicated public folder server >but started to notice the priv is growing. Not only that but faster then the >pub. Ther...