OWA The page cannot be displayed

Hey guys!

I have a 2003 front-end OWA server running with 2 2003 exchange server
running behind it. If I have a user that is on the first exchange server OWA
works great, but if they are on the second exchange server they get "The page
cannot be displayed". Any ideas why this would be happening? Everything else
seems to be fine. No Outlook or email issues that I am aware of other then
with OWA.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks!

Mike

0
Mike1154 (1216)

Was the front-end server just implemented?

From the mailbox server experiencing the problem, try accessing owa locally
through http://localhost/exchange or http://( IP Address)/exchange.

Ensure the front-end server is enabled. From ESM> Right click on the desired
front-end server> Properties> Check This is a font-end server> Reboot server

"Mike" wrote:

> Hey guys!
>
> I have a 2003 front-end OWA server running with 2 2003 exchange server
> running behind it. If I have a user that is on the first exchange server OWA
> works great, but if they are on the second exchange server they get "The page
> cannot be displayed". Any ideas why this would be happening? Everything else
> seems to be fine. No Outlook or email issues that I am aware of other then
> with OWA.
>
> Any ideas would be great!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

0
ccran556 (50)
7/11/2006 1:45:01 PM
No the front end server has been running for 2-3 months. We just added the
2nd exchange box recently.

If I am on the server locally I can get in.

Thanks for the response!

"ccran556" wrote:

> Was the front-end server just implemented?
>
> From the mailbox server experiencing the problem, try accessing owa locally
> through http://localhost/exchange or http://( IP Address)/exchange.
>
> Ensure the front-end server is enabled. From ESM> Right click on the desired
> front-end server> Properties> Check This is a font-end server> Reboot server
>

> "Mike" wrote:
>
> > Hey guys!
> >
> > I have a 2003 front-end OWA server running with 2 2003 exchange server
> > running behind it. If I have a user that is on the first exchange server OWA
> > works great, but if they are on the second exchange server they get "The page
> > cannot be displayed". Any ideas why this would be happening? Everything else
> > seems to be fine. No Outlook or email issues that I am aware of other then
> > with OWA.
> >
> > Any ideas would be great!
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Mike

0
Mike1154 (1216)
7/11/2006 2:09:01 PM
Compare the settings on the /exchange vdirs between the 2 Back-end servers.
My guess is that something is different (permissions perhaps, or SSL enabled
on the BE that isn't working).

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

> Hey guys!
>
> I have a 2003 front-end OWA server running with 2 2003 exchange server
> running behind it. If I have a user that is on the first exchange server
> OWA
> works great, but if they are on the second exchange server they get "The
> page
> cannot be displayed". Any ideas why this would be happening? Everything
> else
> seems to be fine. No Outlook or email issues that I am aware of other then
> with OWA.
>
> Any ideas would be great!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

0
Ben
7/11/2006 2:14:54 PM
I'm leaning towards this being more of a network issue. Let's try to
isolate this in terms of  networking. Check your VLAN settings. If you
have a laptop plug it into the same VLAN where your front end server is
and see if it works. Then try it again, but this time in the VLAN where
your Backend server is. Then try it from a VLAN different from both
your BE and FE. Check all your firewall rules and port configurations
from your FE to your working BE server and compare that to the FE to BE
Exchange server that is not working.

James Chong
MCSE + Messaging, MCTP
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Mike wrote:
> No the front end server has been running for 2-3 months. We just added the
> 2nd exchange box recently.
>
> If I am on the server locally I can get in.
>
> Thanks for the response!
>
> "ccran556" wrote:
>
> > Was the front-end server just implemented?
> >
> > From the mailbox server experiencing the problem, try accessing owa locally
> > through http://localhost/exchange or http://( IP Address)/exchange.
> >
> > Ensure the front-end server is enabled. From ESM> Right click on the desired
> > front-end server> Properties> Check This is a font-end server> Reboot server
> >

> > "Mike" wrote:
> >
> > > Hey guys!
> > >
> > > I have a 2003 front-end OWA server running with 2 2003 exchange server
> > > running behind it. If I have a user that is on the first exchange server OWA
> > > works great, but if they are on the second exchange server they get "The page
> > > cannot be displayed". Any ideas why this would be happening? Everything else
> > > seems to be fine. No Outlook or email issues that I am aware of other then
> > > with OWA.
> > >
> > > Any ideas would be great!
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Mike

0
jamestechman (1266)
7/11/2006 2:18:57 PM
Thanks for the reponse! I thought vdirs might be the problem earlier and
checked that, but I rechecked them again and they both have the same settings.

I don't think its a VLAN issue, I was at home yesterday evening when I
relized what was going on. I moved my primary mailbox onto the new server 2-3
weeks ago and could have swore that I checked OWA and it was working. I have
a test account on the other box. Last night is when I realized I couldn't get
into server 2 with my primary account, but I could get into server 1 with my
test account.

One strange thing (to me) that seems to happen is, if I am on mailbox server
1 and open IE and try to log onto my mailbox on server 2, the 1st server
prompts me I can see the full dns path, if I enter my credentials, hit enter,
the logon box flashes and prompts me again but this time the full dns path is
server 2.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Compare the settings on the /exchange vdirs between the 2 Back-end servers.
> My guess is that something is different (permissions perhaps, or SSL enabled
> on the BE that isn't working).
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey guys!
> >
> > I have a 2003 front-end OWA server running with 2 2003 exchange server
> > running behind it. If I have a user that is on the first exchange server
> > OWA
> > works great, but if they are on the second exchange server they get "The
> > page
> > cannot be displayed". Any ideas why this would be happening? Everything
> > else
> > seems to be fine. No Outlook or email issues that I am aware of other then
> > with OWA.
> >
> > Any ideas would be great!
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Mike

0
Mike1154 (1216)
7/11/2006 2:44:02 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. It looks like an FQDN entry that is missing on
our second exchange server that we had to edit with ADSI edit.

I will keep you posted! Thanks again!

Mike

"Mike" wrote:

> Thanks for the reponse! I thought vdirs might be the problem earlier and
> checked that, but I rechecked them again and they both have the same settings.
>
> I don't think its a VLAN issue, I was at home yesterday evening when I
> relized what was going on. I moved my primary mailbox onto the new server 2-3
> weeks ago and could have swore that I checked OWA and it was working. I have
> a test account on the other box. Last night is when I realized I couldn't get
> into server 2 with my primary account, but I could get into server 1 with my
> test account.
>
> One strange thing (to me) that seems to happen is, if I am on mailbox server
> 1 and open IE and try to log onto my mailbox on server 2, the 1st server
> prompts me I can see the full dns path, if I enter my credentials, hit enter,
> the logon box flashes and prompts me again but this time the full dns path is
> server 2.
>

> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Compare the settings on the /exchange vdirs between the 2 Back-end servers.
> > My guess is that something is different (permissions perhaps, or SSL enabled
> > on the BE that isn't working).
> >
> > --
> > Ben Winzenz
> > Exchange MVP
> > MessageOne
> > Read my blog!
> > http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> > http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >

> > "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hey guys!
> > >
> > > I have a 2003 front-end OWA server running with 2 2003 exchange server
> > > running behind it. If I have a user that is on the first exchange server
> > > OWA
> > > works great, but if they are on the second exchange server they get "The
> > > page
> > > cannot be displayed". Any ideas why this would be happening? Everything
> > > else
> > > seems to be fine. No Outlook or email issues that I am aware of other then
> > > with OWA.
> > >
> > > Any ideas would be great!
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Mike

0
Mike1154 (1216)

prolem displaying Business Portal webpart
Dynamics GP 10 on Windows 2003 SP2: I got this Webpart error on all GP Business Portal pages under Employee Center, Manager Center, etc. I tried to rerun teh Sharepoint config gizmo but rthe problem persists: Web Part Error: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe. I found all the webparts (.asmx files) under C:\Program Files\ Microsoft Dynamics\Business Portal\ and the URL in Sharepoint seemed to point to the correct path. Somehow the link was broken! If I cannot fix it, then I may have RE-In...

Display Text in the Data Area of a Pivot Table
I would like to simply display text in the data area of a pivot table without summarizing it. For example, take the following database: Date Time Instructor 8/9 8am Jones 8/9 9am Smith 8/10 8am Anderson 8/10 9am Doe ....etc and display it in a pivot table like so: | 8/9 | 8/10 --------------------------------- 8am | Jones | Anderson 9am | Smith | Doe thanks. ...

Front-End/Back-End and OWA
In a test environment I have an Exchange setup where Exchange 2003 is the front-end server and Exchange 2000 is the back-end server. I can access a MB on the back-end server by logging on to the front-end server, but I'm also able to log on to the back-end server directly. Should I be able to log on directly to the back-end server? Do I have this misconfigured? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance You can logon to either, but in a true front-end back-end topology your back-ends would not be accessible from the Internet. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exch...

A phantom page prints with my Publisher document
I have a two page document in Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. When I print it though, a phantom page prints after page one AND after page two. I've tried to print "Current Page" only and it still prints the phantom page. However, when I hit print preview, there is no blank pages. Look in your printer properties, right-click your printer in the printer folder, properties, Advanced tab, separator button, clear whatever it says in the dialogue box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Debby B" &l...

Unable to print page with graphics
I put out a four page newsletter, any page that has an image with text, the printer spits out a blank page. However, if I use "Print current Page" the page prints fine! I am using JPEGS for the images, most are desaturated in Photoshop, so these images are not in color. I tried changing from JPEG to TIFF on the images, made no difference. Wonder if it a print spooling problem and not with publisher, any one have any ideas! Rick C When you open the print dialogue, be certain you clear "do not print any graphics". It is under the Advanced printing settings in 2002-...

How do I remove page border in Publisher
There is a white border all around my publication. How do I remove it to have the pictures flush to the margin of the page. It is your printer margin limitations. Read the printer documentation to determine the margins... Most printers cannot print to the edge. If you have a full bleed printer you can print on larger stock and cut away the margin. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "doranrita" <doranrita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A5C9470-BA39-4959-8FD5-8D98C3F71920@microsoft.co...

OWA Reach client customizat
I am having a devil of a time making the reach and advanced OWA clients both look the way I need them to at the same time. If I modify theme zero (default blue) I cannot get the frame space between the folder listing and the inbox view to display any color but default blue (2557AD). The same is true for themes 1-4, but they make the frame space the themes respective color. The reach cleint looks good in this scenario. Anybody know how to modify OWA to use a different color in the frame space I mentioned above? The other scenario is to create a custom theme of my own. In this scenario, the...

Blank pages #2
My worksheet has 47 pages, but only data on 9 pages. In print preview it's showing hundreds of empty rows. I have deleted them, saved, closed the file, but they are still there. How do I get this crazy thing to print down to the last row where there is data, and no further? I don't want to set the print area because then I have to reset it everytime I add more rows of data. Thank you Connie Mississauga, Canada If you didn't delete the rows using the row number on the left, try that. Be sure and save. I have heard that one some versions you had to leave quit Excel and co...

displaying comments
Is there a way to make Excel display a comment when a cell is selected (as opposed to moving the cursor over the cell)? And, is it possible to make the comment disappear when the cell is deselected? Thanks, tj Hi, Have you tried applying a Validation message to a cell rather than comment? This has the effect of only showing a message when the cell i selected. To apply: 1)Choose Data-Validation 2)Choose Input Message Tab 3)Check Show Input Message when cell is selected 4)Type message in Input Message Box After applying Data-Validation to one cell, it can be Copied an PasteSpecial-Validat...

OWA
So I just built my 2nd OWA server. Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 SP1. On my first OWA server (Exact same setup) people can just type in username. (Domain name is not required.) Now on my 2nd OWA server all works fine if I use the domain\username format yet when I enter only the username without domain I get redired to https://servername/exchange The page cannot be found HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS) Anyone? Check the default domain in IIS Manager | Directory Security | Authentication. This may help: http://suppor...

Page Breaks on cells
It pops up with putting a page break for every cell then when I am trying to reset them it tells me margins do fit and that it would take it to less than 10% minumum if I try to move them. Jo - Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the same problem, and it is on a 30-tab workbook that I can't just re-created. I'm getting a page for every cell when I move the page breaks and they used to be fine! Help! :) "Jo Pratt" wrote: > It pops up with putting a page break for every cell then > when I am trying to reset them it tells me margins do fit > and...

OWA problems after consolidation
Hi all Just completed the consolidation of 3 servers into one, Everything works well but OWA, which does not function. I pretty sure it is a permissions issue, however is the deal: People inside the domain successfully log on but cannot see any images on the page, just links. People from the outside get a page cannot be displayed. TIA Stokes. ...

what control should I use to display a bmp file?
Hello everybody, Like in subject: what control should I use to display a bmp file? I've created a dialog with 'picture control', but can't seem to find any way to display a bitmap on it having path given. It's not one, special bitmap. It's user-defined, selected from 'Open file' dialog. What method should I use to display a bmp on a 'picture control'? Any ideas? The following tutorial shows one way to load a bitmap. http://functionx.com/MFCFundamentals/Lesson11.htm -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] --------------------------------...

practice sessions won't download get error on page
Training excel 2003- "practice in excel" will not download a spreadsheet. Also, the little + that allows you to see what's in a chapter will not open. Bottom of page says "error on page". How do I get this to work? ...

Help Files not displaying in 2004
Has anyone who has loaded 2004 seen this anomoly. The help guide comes up on the right of the screen, but when I click on topic, I get nothing. I can search for a topic, and the topic appear, but when I click on what I want to review, I get a "unable to load topic". I wrote a new FAQ last weekend that should be posted shortly: --- Q): Money Help keeps whining about script errors or similar nonsense. Why? What can I do about it? A): Nobody really knows what causes this. For most people, this issue has been resolved by going into IE Internet Options (from IE Tools or from the des...

Display Sheetname in a cell
I'd like to display a worksheet name "with the body" instead of "in the margins" (ie, using Header / Footer definitions). Is there a built-in mechanism for picking up the worksheet name in a formula? I tried putting Function GetSheetName() As String GetSheetName = ActiveSheet.Name End Function in a code module and " = GetSheetName() " in a cell; but quickly discovered that <F9> doesn't cause the user defined function to re-evaluate. Suggestions? -- Clif Try this: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("fil...

Not enough system resources to display completely
I am getting this message box more frequently in my Excel workbook. Cannot find in help topics. Thanks Check out the below..(Might help) http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqapp.html#xlb -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "bgkgmg" wrote: > I am getting this message box more frequently in my Excel workbook. Cannot > find in help topics. > > Thanks I checked out site and is very helpful but why does it not happen when I adjust the zoom percentage? "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > Check out the below..(Might help) > http://www.contextures.com/xlf...

Help on displaying recession periods in a financial/ stock chart
Using excel version (10.6501.6626)sp3 How do you shade the chart background to show economic recession periods in a financial/ stock chart. I've fiddled with the drawing function-rectangle box, transparency, etc- but it isn't very satisfactory since it corrupts the column/ line colors and usually washes out when printed. So that doesn't appear to be the solution. And after checking thru Microsoft help and the discussion group messages I haven't found a message addressing my problem. Since we see charts all the time with the recession periods shown I know there is a way to acco...

One Line of Data Per Page of Report
When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 page report with 1 entry per page. Is there an easy way to solve this probelm? We are not very familar with access and need this problem solved. Thanks! On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:03 -0800, Coutu <Coutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data >per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 >page report with 1 entry per pag...

OWA session Timeout (Form Based Auth )
Wondering if it is possible in Exchange 2003 SP2 to have different OWA timeout for different users using the same OWA HTTP VS to connect... If not, can a second HTTP VS on the same server as the first have different timeout, or is it a server setting ( I think it is done trough OWA web admin tool ) !!! Thanks !!! ...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

OWA now gives http 400 Bad Request
Trying to access OWA with IE via http://127.0.0.1/exchange on the Exchange server or another server, gives an error http 400 Bad Request It has always worked in the past. Nothing I can see in the event logs, nothing I can see wrong in IIS or ESM. Any ideas? There are two things that have changed in the last week: 1) domain and local machine Administrator account password has been chanced. Nothing seems to have stopped working, could this have caused the problem? If so, where do I look? 2) latest hotfixes were applied. w2000 SP4, Ex2003 SP1. Thanks, Neal ...

Dotnnetnuke 5.0 adding a new page
If you need the basics on how to add a new page to dotnetnuke you can follow this link, this is also a great website for more dotnetnuke information. http://www.hostmyservices.com/SupportPages/HowtoAddanewWebPage.aspx Thank you HostMyservices.com ...

Creating a summary page without blank lines
I have a project where I need to determine if the billing for supplemental charges for employees matches what is actually deducted from the employee's pay check. I just started this position and what I am working with is a separate spreadsheet for each month's bill. What I have done so far is to create a spreadsheet with a tab for each month that just has the supplemental information being billed for in the left most columns and what was deducted from each paycheck in the columns to the right, a tab that lists employee names and employee numbers, and a summary page that lists...

DVD-RAM Drive Displays As CD Drive In My Computer
When I insert a blank DVD into the drive, the icon changes from DVD-RAM Drive to CD Drive and a windows opens up asking what I would like to do with the CD. After I eject the blank DVD, the icon returns to displaying DVD-RAM Drive. However, when I insert a DVD video into the drive, it will be recognized as such. A DVD data disc is correctly displayed as DVD ROM. The drive reads any disk I insert, and the drive is also recognized by most of my DVD burning software. I've also updated to the latest firmware for the drive. I've checked online and this problem seems to have ex...