OWA stopped working on one of the Cluster Nodes

Our environment has 2 FE servers and an A/A/P cluster. Recently (not sure how 
long ago) OWA stopped allowing logons on one of the BE nodes. I have checked 
the configuration for the HTTP resources and they all appear to be identical. 
When I move the EVS from the Active to Passive node OWA starts working 
properly. I had installed Symantec's SMSMSE 4.6 around the same time frame 
and have since removed that. I have tried to Restore the IIS configuration to 
an earlier date and that fixed the Passive Node but not the Active node. I 
have removed Exchange and reinstalled and removed IIS and reinstalled many 
times and still the problem persistst. Has anyone come accross anything like 
this? Sorry if this isn't the correct list for this post. Forgot to mention; 
all of the Exchange servers are running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 
SP2.
0
AdamSmith (10)
2/24/2006 4:08:26 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
592 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 54

The fact that you have done a reinstallation and the problem persists would 
indicate another source of the problem. Can you explain in more detail what 
you mean by logons not allowed? Is OWA running but generating an error for 
the user? Are you getting event log entries. Have made sure that a local AV 
client of firewall is not blocking ANY ports on your server, assuming OWA is 
not even running.

Nue
"Adam Smith" <AdamSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:BE05EAD4-8FDC-4C61-B898-FD6EADCFBD8C@microsoft.com...
> Our environment has 2 FE servers and an A/A/P cluster. Recently (not sure 
> how
> long ago) OWA stopped allowing logons on one of the BE nodes. I have 
> checked
> the configuration for the HTTP resources and they all appear to be 
> identical.
> When I move the EVS from the Active to Passive node OWA starts working
> properly. I had installed Symantec's SMSMSE 4.6 around the same time frame
> and have since removed that. I have tried to Restore the IIS configuration 
> to
> an earlier date and that fixed the Passive Node but not the Active node. I
> have removed Exchange and reinstalled and removed IIS and reinstalled many
> times and still the problem persistst. Has anyone come accross anything 
> like
> this? Sorry if this isn't the correct list for this post. Forgot to 
> mention;
> all of the Exchange servers are running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003
> SP2. 


0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/24/2006 6:58:36 PM
I turned up logging for the IS Mailbox Logons and it shows successful logons 
for the users that I am using to test. the SMTP logs also show logons. When 
using the FBA through the FE servers it looks like the page just times out. 
when you go directly to the BE to access OWA you get 3 logon attempts and 
then an 'Access Denied'. I have found the KB article that discusses that but 
the Administrator gets the same result. All of the logs that I have say that 
the logon was successful but it still will not display OWA. AV has also been 
un-installed off of the boxes.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> The fact that you have done a reinstallation and the problem persists would 
> indicate another source of the problem. Can you explain in more detail what 
> you mean by logons not allowed? Is OWA running but generating an error for 
> the user? Are you getting event log entries. Have made sure that a local AV 
> client of firewall is not blocking ANY ports on your server, assuming OWA is 
> not even running.
> 
> Nue
> "Adam Smith" <AdamSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:BE05EAD4-8FDC-4C61-B898-FD6EADCFBD8C@microsoft.com...
> > Our environment has 2 FE servers and an A/A/P cluster. Recently (not sure 
> > how
> > long ago) OWA stopped allowing logons on one of the BE nodes. I have 
> > checked
> > the configuration for the HTTP resources and they all appear to be 
> > identical.
> > When I move the EVS from the Active to Passive node OWA starts working
> > properly. I had installed Symantec's SMSMSE 4.6 around the same time frame
> > and have since removed that. I have tried to Restore the IIS configuration 
> > to
> > an earlier date and that fixed the Passive Node but not the Active node. I
> > have removed Exchange and reinstalled and removed IIS and reinstalled many
> > times and still the problem persistst. Has anyone come accross anything 
> > like
> > this? Sorry if this isn't the correct list for this post. Forgot to 
> > mention;
> > all of the Exchange servers are running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003
> > SP2. 
> 
> 
> 
0
AdamSmith (10)
2/24/2006 7:11:27 PM
That sounds like a permission related problem. Have any modifications been 
made to your backend server?

Nue
"Adam Smith" <AdamSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:119609EC-53D2-4CD1-BDEB-BB8BC1DB109B@microsoft.com...
>I turned up logging for the IS Mailbox Logons and it shows successful 
>logons
> for the users that I am using to test. the SMTP logs also show logons. 
> When
> using the FBA through the FE servers it looks like the page just times 
> out.
> when you go directly to the BE to access OWA you get 3 logon attempts and
> then an 'Access Denied'. I have found the KB article that discusses that 
> but
> the Administrator gets the same result. All of the logs that I have say 
> that
> the logon was successful but it still will not display OWA. AV has also 
> been
> un-installed off of the boxes.
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> The fact that you have done a reinstallation and the problem persists 
>> would
>> indicate another source of the problem. Can you explain in more detail 
>> what
>> you mean by logons not allowed? Is OWA running but generating an error 
>> for
>> the user? Are you getting event log entries. Have made sure that a local 
>> AV
>> client of firewall is not blocking ANY ports on your server, assuming OWA 
>> is
>> not even running.
>>
>> Nue
>> "Adam Smith" <AdamSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:BE05EAD4-8FDC-4C61-B898-FD6EADCFBD8C@microsoft.com...
>> > Our environment has 2 FE servers and an A/A/P cluster. Recently (not 
>> > sure
>> > how
>> > long ago) OWA stopped allowing logons on one of the BE nodes. I have
>> > checked
>> > the configuration for the HTTP resources and they all appear to be
>> > identical.
>> > When I move the EVS from the Active to Passive node OWA starts working
>> > properly. I had installed Symantec's SMSMSE 4.6 around the same time 
>> > frame
>> > and have since removed that. I have tried to Restore the IIS 
>> > configuration
>> > to
>> > an earlier date and that fixed the Passive Node but not the Active 
>> > node. I
>> > have removed Exchange and reinstalled and removed IIS and reinstalled 
>> > many
>> > times and still the problem persistst. Has anyone come accross anything
>> > like
>> > this? Sorry if this isn't the correct list for this post. Forgot to
>> > mention;
>> > all of the Exchange servers are running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 
>> > 2003
>> > SP2.
>>
>>
>> 


0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/24/2006 7:15:27 PM
The only thing that I can recall being done was the installation of SMSMSE 
4.6 about a month or so ago, and then the un-install of that last week. 

However after another complete Exchange un-install and IIS un-install, some 
reboots and then re-installing IIS and Exchange everything has been cleared 
up. I can only imagine that there was something in the IIS settings that 
wouldn't allow things to function properly.

Thanks for you help,

"Nuevo" wrote:

> That sounds like a permission related problem. Have any modifications been 
> made to your backend server?
> 
> Nue
> "Adam Smith" <AdamSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:119609EC-53D2-4CD1-BDEB-BB8BC1DB109B@microsoft.com...
> >I turned up logging for the IS Mailbox Logons and it shows successful 
> >logons
> > for the users that I am using to test. the SMTP logs also show logons. 
> > When
> > using the FBA through the FE servers it looks like the page just times 
> > out.
> > when you go directly to the BE to access OWA you get 3 logon attempts and
> > then an 'Access Denied'. I have found the KB article that discusses that 
> > but
> > the Administrator gets the same result. All of the logs that I have say 
> > that
> > the logon was successful but it still will not display OWA. AV has also 
> > been
> > un-installed off of the boxes.
> >
> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> The fact that you have done a reinstallation and the problem persists 
> >> would
> >> indicate another source of the problem. Can you explain in more detail 
> >> what
> >> you mean by logons not allowed? Is OWA running but generating an error 
> >> for
> >> the user? Are you getting event log entries. Have made sure that a local 
> >> AV
> >> client of firewall is not blocking ANY ports on your server, assuming OWA 
> >> is
> >> not even running.
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "Adam Smith" <AdamSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:BE05EAD4-8FDC-4C61-B898-FD6EADCFBD8C@microsoft.com...
> >> > Our environment has 2 FE servers and an A/A/P cluster. Recently (not 
> >> > sure
> >> > how
> >> > long ago) OWA stopped allowing logons on one of the BE nodes. I have
> >> > checked
> >> > the configuration for the HTTP resources and they all appear to be
> >> > identical.
> >> > When I move the EVS from the Active to Passive node OWA starts working
> >> > properly. I had installed Symantec's SMSMSE 4.6 around the same time 
> >> > frame
> >> > and have since removed that. I have tried to Restore the IIS 
> >> > configuration
> >> > to
> >> > an earlier date and that fixed the Passive Node but not the Active 
> >> > node. I
> >> > have removed Exchange and reinstalled and removed IIS and reinstalled 
> >> > many
> >> > times and still the problem persistst. Has anyone come accross anything
> >> > like
> >> > this? Sorry if this isn't the correct list for this post. Forgot to
> >> > mention;
> >> > all of the Exchange servers are running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 
> >> > 2003
> >> > SP2.
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
AdamSmith (10)
2/24/2006 7:31:30 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

OWA Exch 2003 Not Working
I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to do http://127.0.0.1/Exchange and also http://servername/Exchange and I get the same message. Did OWA not install right. On 14 Mar, 13:01, Jeff <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and > when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to dohttp://127.0.0.1/Exchangeand alsohttp://servername/Exchangeand I get the > same message. Did OWA no...

Update one table from another
I am trying to update one table that has one record for each employee(table 1) with available vacation time. The other table records every time off request(table 2) and how much time they want off. I have the update query and it works fine. The problem is that everytime it is ran every requested time off amount(from table2) is subtracted from the available time(table1) again and again. I want the records for requested time(table2) to update the employee available time off(table1) only once, but keep the records on the table as that is the basis for a report. Thank You, Brett ----=...

Text to columns
Once I use the Text to columns feature in Excel, it seems there is no way to turn it off. Anyone know if there is a way to reset this so that newly pasted text will not continue to get broken up (for example by the space delimiter) Presently the only way is to exit Excel and restart Excel - then pasted text all goes into one cell regardless of spaces. Hope I explained that well enough Al I may have been to hasty in making this assumption, it appears that the problem I described below is only happening on one workstation - this may indicate that the Excel Registry keys are in need of...

Copying data from one chart to another
I have many graphs - all plotting on similar scales but using different data. Is there any way I can simply copy one set of data from one graph and paste it into another graph so that I can avoind going through all the hassle plotting each curve again? I want to have graphs showing different combinations of the same data and have hundreds of curves to plot so this could be a huge timesaver... Cheers. -- Alan_Partridge ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Alan_Partridge's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29295 V...

Can I abbreviate one value in a data series?
I've got a chart where one value (8,300) greatly exceeds all the others. Is there a way to abbreviate this value so the other data points show better in the graph? Hi, One way is to break the Y axis, have a look at these examples of how to http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tutorial/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy CMEknit wrote: > I've got a chart where one value (8,300) greatly exceeds all the others. Is > there a way to abbreviate this value so the other da...

One Entry to Multiple Rows
I have data that looks like this: X1 | Y1 Y2 Y3 Y4 X2 | Y4 Y5 Y6 Y7 And I need to get to: X1 | Y1 X1 | Y2 X1 | Y3 X1 | Y4 X2 | Y4 ...... etc. I can change the 2nd row's entries to more columns, but that doesn't seem to get me much closer to the needed format (and there are thousands of lines so I'd rather not do it manually). Any ideas? should do it. change mc to suit '===== Option Explicit Sub lineemup() Dim mc As Long Dim mr As Long Dim i As Long Dim lc As Long mc = 3 'col c mr = 1 For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row lc ...

Simple Question-How to create more than one transaction on the Acc
If there is a question already posted let me know. The question is: I created a bank account information on the Account list icon and want to have more than (one)transactions listed and see each payee displayed separately on each page so i could have all the months posted with due dates and total listed. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, a.j. wrote: >If there is a question already posted let me know. The question is: I created >a bank account information on the Account list icon and want to have more >than (one)transactions listed and see each payee displayed separately ...

Securing OWA
Is there is step by step article on securing OWA 2003? TIA Here are a few to start with: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;234022 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320291 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823024 http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/SSL_Enabling_OWA_2003.html http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299525 "Kelly" wrote: > Is there is step by step article on securing OWA 2003? > > TIA > ...

IE 7 and OWA to Exchange 2003
I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve the problem. I still can't send mails. We're using Exchange 2003 standard with SP2 on Windows 2003 R2. Any thoughts ? Haim Beyhan "Haim Beyhan" <haimb@enigma.com> wrote: >I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new >message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve >the problem. I still can't send mails. >We're using Exchange 2003 sta...

Can't send from OWA
Hello all, I have an 03 Exchange environment and am using the forms based authentication through an ISA 04 server for my OWA. I have a number of employees that work around the world and use OWA in order to access their e-mail. I have received reports of problems from a few of these individuals when trying to send an e-mail. They are able to successfully login to OWA but when they generate a new mail message, they receive the following error. 'Check Names.. Web Page Dialog Microsoft Outlook Web Access does not recognize "user@domain.com" Do you want to Delete this recipi...

OWA Error for http links
links inside a message body always generate an asp redirect code that does not execute at all thus giving an http 500 error - page not found. Example on a link to http://www.nightlight.org within a mail body. http://orange/exchweb/bin/redir.asp? URL=http://www.nightlight.org/ Exchange Server 2003 running on Server 2000 SP4 PLease help. ...

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

Color not working
I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am no longer able to format my cells with colors, either shading or text coloring. I have run the repair feature, but it didn't work. Bold, Underline, and similar functions still work. Please help. Thanks. CC Have a look at this: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff >-----Original Message----- >I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am >no longer able to format my cells with colors, either >shading or text coloring....

Word integration that works ?
Does anyone have a link to a good solution in creating word documents from CRM, i.e. quotes etc. A solution where maybe it's possible to create it with a button and at the same time get an activity attached to the oppertunity. Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 14509 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. Suggest you look at Mail merge from mscrmaddons. Other than that i...

Office 207 One Note
My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just disappeared. I'm not sure but none of the other pages look the same. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Have had no other computer problems recently. -- Rockymtnwoman -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days > ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just > disappeared. > I'm not sure b...

How do add another code to a current one?
I have this following code to make the rows changed based on the critea in column 16, and I need add A "Red, Yellow, Green" for status to only one column 30 at the end of the spreadsheet. How do I add another code? I keep getting an error.. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim c As Range, clr As Long For Each c In Target.Cells If c.Column = 16 Then Select Case c.Value Case "Analyze": clr = RGB(204, 255, 255) Case "Build ": clr = RGB(204, 255, 255) Case ...

Terminal Servers in Cluster - Login/Profile Issues
Hello Gurus, Currently I am having an issue with logins and profiles as per details below. Server/Network Configuration Details: 1 X Windows Server 2008 Std FE 64bit (DC) 2 X Windows Server 2008 Ent 32bit Terminal Servers User Profiles are Roaming and exist in: \\SBSERVER\Profiles on the Domain Controller and C:\Users\ on the Terminal Servers. Approx 50 users. Problem Description Error messages when logging in the terminal servers: Your roaming profile is not synchronized correctly with the server. Windows will load your previously-saved local profile instead. See the pre...

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

delegate email still not working
for exch 2003 on outlook 2003 newly supporting the above, i did not set up the initial install i created a new user with ad wizard, so it created email account, mailbox, etc i opened up a mail account for the new user in outlook express and was able to receive mail in oe for the new user, then i deleted that acct in outlook express then i added that new user account to an exisiting outlook2003 already connected to another exch mailbox, in the advanced add user section, that newly added delegate user has all permissions the outlook directory tree added the new user mailbox and exch accepted...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

Autofilter on protected work book?
Autofilter works on a protected workbook, but not when it is a line in a macro, e.g.: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="YES" It cause a macro error. This is true even if I enable 'Allow all user of the workbook to Use Autofilter'. I'm sure I've done this before and it worked, but not now. Does anyone know if this is a bug in 2003? Or a way around it? Or another way of selecting a number of rows by a single criterion (in a macro)? Good morning Muppet Does this article help? http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect HTH DominicB -- ...

OWA #46
Sir, In Exchange 2003, Un able to access particular user mailbox using OWA. For other OWA login is working. it shows http 500 error for particular user. how to resolve this problem Thanks and regards Sathish Kumar nair ...

Remote Wipe Out Work with Treo 650?
Debating whether to get the Treo 650's with the ActiveSync built in vs. the PPC-6700 (both from Sprint) for our marketing reps here. Treo's are appealing due to how cheap they are now, and with the ActiveSync looks like you can sync up with xng2k3 sp2 (which we are implementing now). ActiveSync aside, can the Treo's be remotely wiped out with the Mobility Tool in xng2k3? Or is this feature only compatible with Windows Mobile OS? Anyone? Thx! No it can't. Remote wipe will only work with Windows mobile 5.0 devices with AKU 2.0 (formerly MSFP). Treo 650 is Palm OS. -- Be...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Bulk sending of emails in Outlook being rejected if one address is wrong.
I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they are all being returned to me because one or more of the email addresses is incorrect. Is there a way to setup Outlook so that the emails go to the correct addresses and the incorrect addresses are bounced back to me? I use the Mail Merge feature and send out a newsletter with over 1000 e-mail addresses (who signed up for the newsletter so it is not spam). My service provider, Comcast, just put a limit of 10 at a time. It's real fun sending these out monthly!! >-----Original Message----- >I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they a...