OWA Stopped Working #3

OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the "Loading"
screen. There is just code on the left hand side where the icons should be;
and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are running on the
front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the services are running
on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running. No configuration
changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I have read KB280823.
Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal nothing. What could have
happened? And how do I fix it?!

Thanks!

0
mc5800 (14)

Check out this KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;910119&sd=rss&spid=1773

I've found this situation even when not all of the conditional causes were
met (like installing
sp1 before sp2).

Todd

"MC" <mc@home.com> wrote in message
> OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the
> should be; and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are
> running on the front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the
> services are running on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running.
> No configuration changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I
> have read KB280823. Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal
> nothing. What could have happened? And how do I fix it?!
>
> Thanks!

0
tbooher (148)
11/9/2006 11:12:00 PM
Thanks, Todd. I'll check it out!
"Todd Booher" <tbooher@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Check out this KB:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;910119&sd=rss&spid=1773
>
> I've found this situation even when not all of the conditional causes were
> met (like installing
> sp1 before sp2).
>
> Todd
>

> "MC" <mc@home.com> wrote in message
>> OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the
>> icons should be; and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the
>> services are running on the front end server, it has been rebooted, and
>> all of the services are running on the back end servers. The exchweb site
>> is running. No configuration changes have been made. This happens on IE 6
>> and IE7. I have read KB280823. Everything is set as should be. Virus
>> scans reveal nothing. What could have happened? And how do I fix it?!
>>
>> Thanks!

0
mc5800 (14)
11/10/2006 2:04:21 PM
"MC" <mc@home.com> wrote in message
> OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the
> screen. There is just code on the left hand side where the icons
should be;
> and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are
running on the
> front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the services are
running
> on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running. No
configuration
> changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I have read
KB280823.
> Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal nothing. What
could have
> happened? And how do I fix it?!
>
> Thanks!

There was an OWA-related update pushed out last week.  There seem to
be lots of FE/BE setups out there where a BE server is getting the
update, but the FE is not.  This breaks OWA in the way that you
describe.

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee
11/10/2006 2:35:13 PM
Hello Lee,

can you tell me wich Release / Update it is?
Or did it give an hotfix or update to fix it?

regards,

frank

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:OaWZwVNBHHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> "MC" <mc@home.com> wrote in message
>> OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the
>> screen. There is just code on the left hand side where the icons
> should be;
>> and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are
> running on the
>> front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the services are
> running
>> on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running. No
> configuration
>> changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I have read
> KB280823.
>> Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal nothing. What
> could have
>> happened? And how do I fix it?!
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> There was an OWA-related update pushed out last week.  There seem to
> be lots of FE/BE setups out there where a BE server is getting the
> update, but the FE is not.  This breaks OWA in the way that you
> describe.
>
> Lee.

> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> www.owapda.com
> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

f-k-2000 (2)
12/2/2006 5:56:12 PM
"Frank Schulz" <f-k-2000@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello Lee,
>
> can you tell me wich Release / Update it is?
> Or did it give an hotfix or update to fix it?
>
> regards,
>
> frank

The hotfix that was pushed out that week is this one:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=41275DEC-4C01-4C41-AA64-C9DBE5EA3F7E&displaylang=en

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee

crm token #3
when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) immediatly in the subject of the message i just see the icon without the token number No, you cant able to see token right. it will append when perform send event -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "daoud hanna" wrote: > when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) > immediatly in the subject of the message > i just see the icon without the to...

How can I turn of zooming so that users can't change size of work.
I have about 50 worksheets and the employees will be updating there own worksheet. Some like to change the size of the worksheet by zooming out which makes it hard for me to read. Is there a way that I can set the zooming to a specific percent and then no let anybody change it? Thanks, cwwolfdog I think I'd let the other users do whatever they found comfortable. But I'd have a macro that changed the zoom to what I liked -- I could run that whenever I wanted on whatever window is showing. Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myWindow As Window Dim wks As...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

SBS 2008 Std.
Setup: SBS 2008 Std, with two WinXP Pro PC's in the domain. Firewall is a SonicWall TZ-100. ISP is Windstream. We've had the server less than a month and are slowly rolling out features. Convinced the boss to let me install WSUS, but I'm confused. In a previous job I managed SBS 2003 with ISA 2004; it was quite clear what my proxy server was. However, that was the ONLY network I ever worked in as the sole admin. What's going on is that I can't detect computers from within the SBS console. I'm pretty sure I got the GPO's right for the PC's and ...

Microsoft Publisher 2003 #3
Will Microsoft Publisher 2003 install on multiple computers? If so how many can it install on? Thanks. If you have an OEM version, it can only be installed on one system. If you have a full version, you can install it on one desktop system and one laptop. They cannot be used at the same time. Also, you will have to call Microsoft to activate the second copy. That is the ONLY legal way to have it installed on more than one computer. Please be aware if you have an older version of Publisher and it is installed on more than one computer, you violated Microsoft's end user license agre...

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...

Problem with OWA Calendar
Calendar of OWA do not show correct time of meetings on Notebook. If use OWA on another PC, Calendar show correct time. Time zone is OK. The Calendar in OWA renders based on the time settings on the PC. It doesn't use anything from the server. Are the times off by 1 hour? If so, even though the time zone may be ok, you should check and see if the "automatically adjust for daylight savings time" is checked. If it is, and you are in a location that does not observe DST, then that would be the culprit. Vice verse - if it is not checked and you do observe DST, it is ...

OWA and DNS
Here is the setup: All server W03 Server1 server1.acme.com 192.168.1.1 DNS server, AD server (internal domain name acme.com) Server2 server2.acme.com 192.168.1.2 Exchange 2003 server (member server) Internal and external mail have been working fine. smtp address is user@acme.com I am trying to set up OWA.I did the certificate, and that is correct.( I've set this up in other places, so I know I got that right). common name=acme.com..... When I try to access iOWA internally (using https://acme.com/exchange),I get a DNS error. (I do have a hosts file pointing to 192.16...

Undeliverable messages #3
Hello all, I am getting lots of these undeliverable messages even to emails within my own domain. Any idea why or who to diagnose? please advise. Undeliverable: Contract System Administrator Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Contract Sent: 12/30/2006 8:19 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'nospam@nospam.com' on 12/30/2006 8:19 AM 554 <'nospam@nospam.com>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied ''nospam@nospam.com2 on 12/30/2006 8:19 AM 554 <...

CRM 3 Slow Web Interface
Hello, I have 1 installation on Win2003 SBS Premium with 2GB Memory. The server performance is usually at 5% but the CRM 3.0 Web Client is very slow, it takes a minute to load the page from Account to Contacts in local network. the settings tabs works fast, e.g. settings > templates > e-mail templates but if I click in workplace then it takes a minute to load the page any ideas on how to fix it ? thank you athan Athan, there are many aspects to performance, so I don't know of any simple answers but I have a few questions. Once the pages have been loaded for the first time ...

how to chart who was working when
Hi there, I'm looking for some help in producing a chart. My organization has hired about 100 folks since 1991, each on contracts of varying lengths of time. Some peoples' contracts have ended, and some have been renewed. I set up some worksheets inputting their names, start and end dates with the intent of producing a graph that will tell me exactly how many people were working for us at one time, based upon 6 month intervals. For example: John Doe 7/29/91 - 3/31/05 Jane Doe 6/21/94 - 2/20/96 Jake Doe 8/2/01 - 4/18/03 I would like a chart that can tell me how many people w...

Credit card payment #3
Why is my credit card payment, which is properly shown in the "credit" column, being added to the total balance, rather than being subtracted? And, come to think of it, my running balance, instead of showing a gradually increasing negative (shown in red) balance, is actually a gradually increasing postive balance. So my statement balance of -2,000 or so is shown as 2,000 in black, which then doubled when I made my payment. In microsoft.public.money, paddle2thesea wrote: >Why is my credit card payment, which is properly shown in the "credit" >column, being ad...

Employee Expense Description on Check Stub #3
How do you add the description from Employee Expense Entry in Project Accounting to the Payables check with stub on top and bottom? Thanks, Jocelyn ...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

2007 Slide Numbering doesn't work
I have a presentation in which the numbering doesn't work...I've gone step by step through everything I can find but I don't see it. Checked the master to ensure a placeholder was there, that the text is visible. I click on the slide thumbnail, click insert / slide number, check off slide numbering, click apply to all and okay. Nothing appears. When I go back to insert / slide number, nothing is checked. Any thoughts? Try ticking the option for slide number in Insert | Header and Footer instead. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's ne...

downloaded service pack 1 and now Microsoft Excel isn't working ri
When I got to the icon for the save option I get this message "The file ' .xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" *save a copy *overwrite changes this dialoge box is getting annoying, If I choose save a copy I have copy's of my files all over the place, if I overwrite then it does just that. But why do I have to do this everytime I open a file? I have looked everywhere and can't find my answer. Please remember that I just downloaded the Windows update service pack 1 and I believe that this i...

My computer has stopped recognizing my memory card
This just happened today. The card was purchased the day after Thanksgiving so it's very new. It is a 4GB SD card from HP. I don't believe this is a hardware problem as my digital camera Lexar 1GB Memory Stick Duo card and adapter worked just fine today in the same slot. There has been no damage to the card. It has a write-protection lock on the side and I've tried the card with and without the lock on - neither way worked. I've also checked "My Computer" and confirmed that the computer is not listing my card as a drive any longer. I really need to get t...

MS Excel #3
Does any one know the formula for converting positive figures to Negatives =IF(A1>0,-A1,A1) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Gav" <Gav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7EDC7FA-078E-430C-86F0-A1DBB858D325@microsoft.com... > Does any one know the formula for converting positive figures to Negatives =if(a1>0,-a1,a1) or ... =-abs(a1) ========== If you're careful, you can do this without formulas. Put -1 in an empty cell copy that cell select your cells to change (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent) edit|paste special|check multiply Clean ...

IIf statement sometimes works
I have the following IIf statement on an unbound field on a form: =IIf([Loaned/Out]="0"," ","Out of Service - Please Exit and select another Vehicle") Sometimes it comes back with the correct "Out of Service..." or nothing if the vehicle is not designated as loaned/out, but other times it comes back with "#NAME?". Why is it not consistent? Thanks. -- Donna N. 1. If [loaned/out] is ever null you will get #name#. 2. Is [loaned/out] ever not equal to "0"? Is "0" text or a number? If it is a number, you ...

Home Loan #3
hi I found a website having amazing home loan as well as student loan related helps... u can also find tex and investment related help and topics over thr .. visit the site.. http://onlinemoneycontrol.com go and check it.. cya bye.. ...

CRM 3 Talking Stock & Finance Software
Hello all, I want to integrate MS Crm 3 and our stock & finance software Any body can help me ? Stock software using MS Sql Server DB. they have installed same server. for example When i create an account in stock software or CRM account must be create both. How ? I'd look into the following to support your integration requirements: 1. 3rd Party Microsoft CRM Integration software with ODBC support such as Scribe Software: http://www.scribesoftware.com/mscrm.asp 2. Microsoft CRM SDK to custom build the integration: v3.0 SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.as...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

Query Not Working 06-11-07
Hello, I have set up a query for 1 table. The field I'm trying to run the query on is a text field. I enter a name (="smith, john") I get zero results. However I have confirmed that this user exists in the table. Also (if this helps), this field gets populated via a combo box on a form. The table being used for the lookup contains a "user" field which is also a text field Thanks. sometimes this is caused by a leading blank in the field. It displays very narrow. one solution sname: TRIM([field]) "CT" <ctroy01@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Transferring users from 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
I am trying to upgrade a 25-user 1.2 installation to a 10-user 3.0 setup. Only 7 of the 25 licenses are being used. When I run the setup, I receive the following message: There are not enough Microsoft CRM 3.0 licenses to include all the users from Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the upgrade. Please add enough licenses to cover all the active users or deactivate some users to match the number of licenses. As I said there are only seven active users, so there shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks. Berk; I've never seen the error, but p...

OL Contact -> CRM 3.0 Account ?
From what I know so far, I can enable an Outlook contact for tracking in CRM which in fact after creation of the contact in CRM creates a bidirectional link b/w the Outlook und CRM representation of the contact, tracking and automatically synchronizing changes between the two. So far so good. Now, quite a few of the contacts we have in our Outlook environement are really accounts (in CRM speak). Is there any (built-in or other) way to migrate them from Outlook to CRM Accounts without having to reenter all the data? Thanks, Markus And to extend the scope: What about the other dire...