OWA Sessions

Our configuration consists of 2 FE servers and multiple BE servers.  Is there
a way to determine the number of OWA sessions open on the FE servers?  If I
have a need to reboot one of the FE servers (which I currently do) I would
like to know how many users are currently connected via OWA, or even RPC over
HTTP.  If I go to the BE servers I can view Logons but I would have to do
that for every BE server and even that wouldn't tell me which FE they are
connected through.  Not sure how or if this is possible, either through ESM,
IIS or a performance counter.
Thanks.

Performance Counter | Web Service | Current Connections.  This is probably
not a perfect number, but it will give you some idea.  I'm not sure if this
would include RPC/HTTPS connections.

Do you have your front-end servers load-balanced?  We have done this and it
works very well.  If you need to service one of them you can simply do a
"drainstop" to take a node out of the cluster.  No special hardware is
necessary to deploy network load balancing.

-GT
"Darren Palmer" <DarrenPalmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our configuration consists of 2 FE servers and multiple BE servers.  Is
> there
> a way to determine the number of OWA sessions open on the FE servers?  If
> have a need to reboot one of the FE servers (which I currently do) I would
> like to know how many users are currently connected via OWA, or even RPC
> over
> HTTP.  If I go to the BE servers I can view Logons but I would have to do
> that for every BE server and even that wouldn't tell me which FE they are
> connected through.  Not sure how or if this is possible, either through
> ESM,
> IIS or a performance counter.
> Thanks.

0
GT
8/17/2005 1:34:34 AM
Thanks GT!  This is helpful.
We have an FE in two seperate locations and are just using DNS to somewhat
"load-balance", more of a round-robin approach.  A slightly higher percentage
tend to go to the first DNS entry but still spreads them out.
Thanks again.

"GT" wrote:

> Performance Counter | Web Service | Current Connections.  This is probably
> not a perfect number, but it will give you some idea.  I'm not sure if this
> would include RPC/HTTPS connections.
>
> Do you have your front-end servers load-balanced?  We have done this and it
> works very well.  If you need to service one of them you can simply do a
> "drainstop" to take a node out of the cluster.  No special hardware is
> necessary to deploy network load balancing.
>
> -GT
> "Darren Palmer" <DarrenPalmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Our configuration consists of 2 FE servers and multiple BE servers.  Is
> > there
> > a way to determine the number of OWA sessions open on the FE servers?  If
> > have a need to reboot one of the FE servers (which I currently do) I would
> > like to know how many users are currently connected via OWA, or even RPC
> > over
> > HTTP.  If I go to the BE servers I can view Logons but I would have to do
> > that for every BE server and even that wouldn't tell me which FE they are
> > connected through.  Not sure how or if this is possible, either through
> > ESM,
> > IIS or a performance counter.
> > Thanks.

OWA does not work
Hi, I am tying to setup OWA on Exhange 2003 but when I try to test this from the LAN side by typing http://servername/exchange I am prompted to login. No matter what combination of login I use itkeeps failing with access denied. My question is how should I test this from within the local domain prior to going live. Should I be logging in with domain.local\username, UPN using local domain name or the public domain ie public domain.co.uk. I have installed exchange and I have not changed any permissions within IIS. I am able to connect to my mailbox via outlook OK. Please help I have no ...

Accessing OWA 2003 from Japanese language clients?
Is there anything "special" required to allow clients running XP SP2 (Japanese language version), to access and use OWA 2003 SP2 (English language version)? Do I need to install additional language support and if so, how would I go about doing this? All help is appreciated! Open Exchange System Manager- go to properties of that server and go to the Locales tab. Add the Japanese language and save settings. (this requires a restart of E2k3 services- but if you still need to install the languages on the Windows Server wait until reboot.) Now open the control panel of the ...

OWA not loading
On E2K, while using OWA (after login), It’s getting stuck on “Loading” screen. What could be wrong? TIA Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A25FA6E8-1560-4969-9494-44BB7FA54936@microsoft.com... > On E2K, while using OWA (after login), It's getting stuck on "Loading" > screen. What could be wrong? > TIA > ...

Group schedules via OWA
Is it possible to view group schedules via OWA in Exchange 2007? Thank you. ...

OWA: open .oft file problem
Hi...we have exchange 2003 with OWA available to clients recently, and we realized that for those .oft files at public folder, the OWA could not open it. How to get around this? how could .oft files covert to OWA format, ex.html...? Thanks, fshguo. ...

one public folder not showing up in OWA
I am upgrading our email system to Exchange 2003. I have setup replication on public folders and have already transferred one user to the new email server (administrator). I have also logged into this account on both the Outlook 2003 client as well as using the OWA in order to compare them. I have noticed in this process that one folder in particular (fax server) does not show up in OWA, but it does show up in Outlook 2003. This is the email address that all incoming faxes get sent to. I was wondering why there would be a difference between Outlook 2003 and OWA in viewing these folders? ...

Logging into OWA
We recently move to a new server running Exchange 2003 the issue is that when customer login to OWA they are required to enter the Domain name\username. Does anyone know why it does this. When logging into Outlook it does not require this. "dennis" <dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:531ED9BA-4CE1-4FD9-BD6A-8EB7CA3E4CB7@microsoft.com... > We recently move to a new server running Exchange 2003 the issue is that > when customer login to OWA they are required to enter the Domain > name\username. Does anyone know why it does this. When logging i...

Page not found after logging on to OWA 2003 for some users
New setup of OWA 2003. Some users can logon sucessfully no problem. Other users logon and recieve a page not found. If the user then highlights the url and erases most of it leaving the https:/owaname/servername.exchange they then see their mailbox. Hmmmm ...

OWA 2003 Interfaces
I am running EXCHANGE 2003 on a WIN 2000 (SP4) machine. The Exchange 2003 was a upgrade from Exchange 2000. I have enabled forms based authentication, and implemented my SSL certificate on the EXCHANGE virtual directory in IIS. I go to https://domain.com/exchange and get the new OWA login screen. I am able to authenticate with my user name and password and it all works fine. When I select "Basic" for the client interface and enter my username and password, it takes me to my inbox but it still looks like the Premium client interface. I thought that when you selected the Basi...

OWA Anchor Tags Down Work in Premium / Rich
Has anyone found a fix for this: If you click on a link in an email that is an html anchor / bookmark tag to another spot in the email, OWA Premium reloads the webpage without jumping down the anchor spot. But if you use Basic mode (or another browser like Firefox), it doesn't reload the page, it simply jumps down to the spot like it's supposed to. anyone know how to get this work correctly in premium? The property of the link in Premium / Rich shows this: ...202006.EML/#num10 but in OWA basic it looks like this: ...202006.EML/?cmd=Open#num7 I tried copying the url used by ba...

Unable acces Public Folders from OWA & ESM Access denied
Unable acces Public Folders from OWA & ESM Access denied you dont have the permission to view this page. I am the Full Exchange Admin to this folders. I am able to get to the PF from Outlook Client. Please help asap. Thanks, Are you getting a particular error code when expanding your PF in ESM> James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Sturk1962 wrote: > Unable acces Public Folders from OWA & ESM Access denied you dont have the > permission to view this page. I am the Full Exchange Admin to this folders. I > am able to get to the PF from Outlook C...

OWA Error: The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted
I discovered that I am getting this error for users whom I restricted the "Log on to..." Security Setting in AD to their own computers. How can I get OWA to work without having to disable this security feature? I already tried adding the NETBIOS name of the Exchange Server to the Log on to List, but that didn't work. ...

OWA URL
i want to access my OWA website without using /exchange option. I want to use like www.mydomain.com Only one front and one back end server running Would redirect at www.mydomain.com be sufficient? Faisal wrote: > i want to access my OWA website without using /exchange option. > > I want to use like www.mydomain.com > > Only one front and one back end server running Absolutely. Just go to ESM and create a new HTTP virtual server and then assign the root to the mailbox domain. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Also, ...

Redirecting http to https for OWA #2
Got only one exchange server 2003 SP2 very simple setup nothing fancy. My consultant is setting up SSL and paid for a certificate from an outside vendor to use for syncing email to windows mobile devices. He wants me to warn all my users that from now on OWA access will not be mail.companyname.com\exchange but instead it will require https:\\blah blah... He told me that MS has a way of auto redirection of http to https for the OWA access url but it may not be 100% workable. I found an article from MS knowledgebase http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/839357 and I wanted to know...

owa
Hello Las week my owa stopped working. I get an 401 and 403 error when I try to access. I've deleted the IIS virtual dirs and cleaned the metabase to restore the IIS to default config. But now, when I try to get the owa page, IIS asks me what is my user and password, I type it and after it shows me a 'site under ocnstruction' page (the default 'site under construction' IIS page). Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot!! Check the default content web page and the home directory is set correctly and available. -- Vinod Kumar "josep LR" wrote: > Hello > ...

OWA Question #19
Hello All: We have a public folder containing a shared address book. I would like to have this available in owa in teh drop down menu where the global address list appears......just as it is when using outlook locally. Is there anyway to accomplish this? Thanks ...

OWA on SBS2003 stuck on loading inbox
OK, so I can't figure this one out... I've got an SBS2003 box that used to work with OWA. About three weeks ago, it just stopped. There doesn't seem to be a specific error message, just when a user logs into their mailbox, it simply displays "loading" eternally. Any ideas where I should start looking? BTW, The basic version of the OWA client works fine on the same system, so I'm assuming that the premium client is broken. "Ty" <mastermindpro@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uZZGQT2JEHA.3924@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > OK, so I can't fi...

Can I run OWA (Exch 5.5 version) on Win2K3 Server?
I need to add a W2K3 domain controller. I would like to go ahead and upgrade our OWA server since we've had a few issues with it. We are using Exchange 5.5 on a different machine than our OWA machine. Can I upgrade the OWA machine from Win2K server to Win2K3 server? In other words, can OWA for Exchange 5.5 run on a W2K3 machine? Thanks I hope the following artilce will answer your question.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260832 -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ Houston, TX "Alex Parker" <alexpar@...

OWA not authenticating
I have a front end Exchange 2003 which has SSL and is configured correctly to use RPC-HTTP. Thats all working fine. Problem is OWA. I can get to the front end page and it asks for username and password, but after entering those details it thinks for a few seconds and then comes back with 2 frames both containing the login and password boxes. I get no error message or anything, it just reloads these frames asking for my credentials. The page looks like OWA should, in the left frame there should be my email tree, and in the right frame there should be whatever I have selected in the left...

Finding Time of idle remote sessions(RDP) in windows XP
Hi, Is there any way i can find the time of idle remote session(RDP) in windows XP using powershell. Please help! Hi Rajeev, Plain TS or XenApp\Citrix? Martin "Rajeev" <s.rajeev3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b4c8b150-79ff-4f0b-8d90-a13118c8eeda@z4g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there any way i can find the time of idle remote session(RDP) in > windows XP using powershell. > > Please help! Its plain TS, using RDP In that case you should use Win32_LogonSession class and filter LogonType 10: http://msdn.microsoft....

Spell check error in OWA 2003
Have OWA on Exchange 2003, getting the following error UNLESS we logon with domain\username: The spelling in this item can't be checked. Try again later. It also appears to "time you out" so you have to log back on again if you attempt to do a spell check. Tried the following KB articles, and still no go. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;825430 Our OWA is behind an ISA 2004 server (reverse proxy). Any ideas? ...

Public Folders on 2nd server through OWA #2
HI I'm reposting it with new information. A client is running two exchange 2000 SP3 servers. One for mailboxes/outlook web access and 2nd sever dedicated for public folders. None of the servers is designated as front end server. Users can access mail through OWA using http://exchange.domain.com fine but when they tries to access public folders on the second server the browser points to http://server2.domain.com/public/foldername which is not accessible from outside. 2nd exchange server hosting pubic folders does have IIS installed and within LAN i can acess public folders on second se...

Setting OWA as default web site in E2K3.
Hello, Q319878 explains how to make OWA on E2K or Ex5.5 the default web site so that users don't have to type the \exchange part in the URL. Is the same valid for E2K3 also? The steps are (from http://www.amset.info/exchange/owa-defaultpage.asp ): Start IIS Manager Right click on the "Default Web Site" and choose "Properties". Click on the "Home Directory" tab. Change the first option to "A redirection to a URL". Enter "/exchange" in to the box (minus quotes) Change the entry below to "A directory below URL entered". Click Appl...

Exchange 5.5 OWA and GAL
I know I've read on this site before about a third party tool that allows Exchange 5.5 OWA users access to the GAL. Does anyone know where I can find that product?? Thanks. Emily There's a link to a few options: http://www.slipstick.com/exs/owa.htm >-----Original Message----- >I know I've read on this site before about a third party >tool that allows Exchange 5.5 OWA users access to the >GAL. Does anyone know where I can find that product?? > >Thanks. > >Emily >. > ...

OWA language stuffed after inplace UG from E2K to E2K3
After I upgraded from E2K to E2k3 on a W2K server (in-place), when clients access OWA, they get the whole user interface in Norwegian (or some Scandinavian language!) OWA worked fine before the upgrade Pertinent: 1) E2K running SP1 + all latest patches 2) The same result from diff client O/S (W2K3 server, W2K server, XP Pro SP2 etc) 3) Same result different browsers (IE6SP1, IE6, Firefox) 4) Running OL2003 SP1 on my own PC. 5) Languages in IE set to English(ZA), but I added English US+UK, no difference. 6) I did try doing a reg entry for OL with ResetFolderNames (1) etc (as per http://www.pet...