OWA Rules - PLEASE HELP

Hello,

My issue is I have errors on our OWA when anyone tries to create a rule.
When the rule is created, an error appears, "Rule can't be saved. Wait a few
minutes, and then try again.  If the problem persists, contact your server
administrator."  At first, I thought maybe it was just a performance issue on
our back end servers and tried logging in during odd late night hours.  Then
I hoped that it was just 1 of our OWA servers that was causing this error,
but it happens to all of them.  I found a KB article (887976) that is almost
similar to my problem, but it is not it.  I have searched and searched and
found no answer.  Do you have any suggestions.  We have a completely native
2003 enviornment.
Thanks,
Key

Sp1 applied?

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:15:02 -0800, KEY <key.hammonds@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>My issue is I have errors on our OWA when anyone tries to create a rule.
>When the rule is created, an error appears, "Rule can't be saved. Wait a few
>minutes, and then try again.  If the problem persists, contact your server
>administrator."  At first, I thought maybe it was just a performance issue on
>our back end servers and tried logging in during odd late night hours.  Then
>I hoped that it was just 1 of our OWA servers that was causing this error,
>but it happens to all of them.  I found a KB article (887976) that is almost
>similar to my problem, but it is not it.  I have searched and searched and
>found no answer.  Do you have any suggestions.  We have a completely native
>2003 enviornment.
>Thanks,
>Key

0
adavid (8731)
2/28/2005 11:28:20 PM
Are you using URLScan?  If so, check the URLScan log to see if it denying
the rule creations.

"KEY" <key.hammonds@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My issue is I have errors on our OWA when anyone tries to create a rule.
> When the rule is created, an error appears, "Rule can't be saved. Wait a
> few
> minutes, and then try again.  If the problem persists, contact your server
> administrator."  At first, I thought maybe it was just a performance issue
> on
> our back end servers and tried logging in during odd late night hours.
> Then
> I hoped that it was just 1 of our OWA servers that was causing this error,
> but it happens to all of them.  I found a KB article (887976) that is
> almost
> similar to my problem, but it is not it.  I have searched and searched and
> found no answer.  Do you have any suggestions.  We have a completely
> native
> 2003 enviornment.
> Thanks,
> Key

0
umm.no (16)
2/28/2005 11:51:17 PM
Found the fix.  I found this KB article before but it didn't exactly apply to
my issue.  But, according to our DELL support, this hotfix fixes an array of
these issue's.  I applied it to my FE servers then to all of my BE servers.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875269

"Steven" wrote:

> Are you using URLScan?  If so, check the URLScan log to see if it denying
> the rule creations.
>
> "KEY" <key.hammonds@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > My issue is I have errors on our OWA when anyone tries to create a rule.
> > When the rule is created, an error appears, "Rule can't be saved. Wait a
> > few
> > minutes, and then try again.  If the problem persists, contact your server
> > administrator."  At first, I thought maybe it was just a performance issue
> > on
> > our back end servers and tried logging in during odd late night hours.
> > Then
> > I hoped that it was just 1 of our OWA servers that was causing this error,
> > but it happens to all of them.  I found a KB article (887976) that is
> > almost
> > similar to my problem, but it is not it.  I have searched and searched and
> > found no answer.  Do you have any suggestions.  We have a completely
> > native
> > 2003 enviornment.
> > Thanks,
> > Key

Maybe Microsoft should release this as a general hotfix instead of having to
go to tech support for this since it seems to be an issue.
"KEY" wrote:

> Found the fix.  I found this KB article before but it didn't exactly apply to
> my issue.  But, according to our DELL support, this hotfix fixes an array of
> these issue's.  I applied it to my FE servers then to all of my BE servers.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875269
>
> "Steven" wrote:
>
> > Are you using URLScan?  If so, check the URLScan log to see if it denying
> > the rule creations.
> >
> > "KEY" <key.hammonds@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > My issue is I have errors on our OWA when anyone tries to create a rule.
> > > When the rule is created, an error appears, "Rule can't be saved. Wait a
> > > few
> > > minutes, and then try again.  If the problem persists, contact your server
> > > administrator."  At first, I thought maybe it was just a performance issue
> > > on
> > > our back end servers and tried logging in during odd late night hours.
> > > Then
> > > I hoped that it was just 1 of our OWA servers that was causing this error,
> > > but it happens to all of them.  I found a KB article (887976) that is
> > > almost
> > > similar to my problem, but it is not it.  I have searched and searched and
> > > found no answer.  Do you have any suggestions.  We have a completely
> > > native
> > > 2003 enviornment.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Key

0
mlevenson (1)

Move emails to a folder rule (Time based)
Hi. I have a rule that moves some emails to a folder based on the senders email. I would like to have outlook move all emails form the folder to a second one that are older than seven days. Any ideas? Thanks. PS, how do you create a custom rule? Rules act on messages when they are received in the in-box or sent. Outlook has no way of going back to move items after they have been received. You could probably write a little VBA routine to do what you want - see http://www.outlookcode.com for some samples or repost in an Outlook programming group for some potential help. --...

RSS stack error help pls
I need to demo RSS for CRM (VPC image), i install the CRMrss from michaeljon miller site, extract to C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Server\CRMWeb\rss\ change the two .cs files so port include 5555. check the web.config to ensure app key is there for ISV integration. copy the isv.config.xml to the resources folder. go to visual studio 2005 command prompt, go to rss\code to run the make.bat. output from screen is 1 file copied. open the browser, i got the Exception of type System.Web.HttpException was thrown, stack error.. any help? thanks! ...

Help with PST file
Every now and then for whatever reason I get the message that my pst file can't be accessed (Outlook 2000 SR1). So I try to create a new one because I don't know how to fix the problem. After hours of trying, searching for help, etc I get a new pst file. However now in my folders list I have several other personal folders. Also I can never figure out how to get my email addresses from the old personal folder (contact folder) to the newly created one. Can someone help me? I've got to say that much of this goes over my head. For instance I keep reading where I'm supposed to ...

CSV files into Excel......Need Help Converting
My bank allows download of account files into the CSV format so I can then use Excel to do my accounting. All of a sudden it stopped giving me the option of Save or Open, and just goes directly to a web page (see below) https://www.bankonlinebanking.net/account/histdownload.asp and the information on the page is not in columns. I always save it and then reopen it and it would open in Excel and then I could save it as an Excel file. There is some kind of association that needs to be made but for the life of me I can't remember it. Thank in advance for the help. In the Web Page (...

Cannot configure crm outlook [Help]
Hi all, Currently, When I configure crm outlook client offline on a machine, this error message always appear: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/crm%20client%20error/crmconfigurationerror.jpg Somehow I have tried all solution suggested in http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/crmdeployment/thread/8638d3e3-8aed-4c59-800a-bb33ec6855a8/ but the problem still persists. Do you know what it might be wrong? Thank you Esar ...

Exchange DR woes, please help.
Gah, it happened, the Exchange 2003 server died, weeks before we were due to start developing/testing our DR plan. OK, the server was DC and I had to chop it out of the AD as I was not able to do a happy restore. So I rebuilting it as a member server, applied patches and installed Ex2003 in recover mode. (/disaster recovery) There were a few problems with security for certain objects but I figured them out with the help of google. Applied sp1. I have a full backup from a week ago and the logs from sunday. (veritas) I restored both the stores, but they do not mount. A rather generic erro...

Outlook 2000 OLE ERROR!!! HELP!
I am running Outlook 2000 on a NT system. When I open outlook I get a error reading " outlook has an OLE registration error, please run setup". I have found the support articles on the knowledge base and done as they instructed. I unistalled outlook and outlook express and the reinstalled them and I am still getting the error. It seems to be holding the in the registry? Please help? ...

need help with formula #10
I'd appreciate help with a formula I need a formula to calculate the following 4.5% of any amount up to and equal to $41,100.00 PLUS 6.00% on an amount above $41,100. ie $20,000 would be (20,000 x .045) $900.00 ie $50,000 would be [(41,100 x .05) + (8,900 x .060)] $2,383.50 Thanks Pete -- pgruenin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2601 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47876 I used =IF(A1>41100,(A1-41100)*6%+(41100*4.5%...

No icons, or icon Links in Excel Help
Within last week or so I've managed to loose all the icons, icon links in the Excel Help ie, for "See Also","Examples", & "Applies To". Now I only get small square with dot in the middle where the icon should be. I have complete remove and reinstall office 2000 with all service packs. I still have the same problem. Any help to fix this problem would be greatly appericated. Rick ...

SBS 2003 inner OWA without SSL
Hello, How could I create my OWA in the inner site without SSL. Today we are working with redirection from http to https with just 80 port is open in the firewall and our SBS 2003 have just on Network interface that use also to the outside publishing and to the inner site. Also I need to change the inner site login to the OWA will be with out the form base authentication because of some workers are working with Linux and some of the properties in the Exchange are looks as emails not calander, notes or tasks. Thanks in advanced, How could I create my OWA in the inner site without SSL...

Another setup question please
I am using studio .net deployment solution. It creates a great looking installer which will automatically remove prior versions of the program. But after using Winzip Self Extractor to create an exe I get a different, much simpler setup/installer which doesn't remove prior versions, but instead prompts for the user to remove the prior version through the control panel. .. Any clues as to how to preserve the installer ? ...

Formula Help #40
I want to use excel to subtract two times and then divide a specified cell by the sum and return the value. Example: I get to point A @ 7:00am depart @ 9:00am and deliver 864 boxes. How many boxes per hour did I deliver? When I sum 9:00am - 7:00am I get 2:00 then if I divide 864 by that I get 0:00 if I leave it formatted as time. And if I change the format to general I get 10368?? I should get 432 9am-7am gives 0.00 in time. if you format as number it will give you 0.08333333... that means 0.083333333.... day. so 864/.0833333......./24 will give your per hour i.e. 432 A1 ------7:00am A...

Quickest way to add one more name to a rule?
In OL2003, I have created a rule that if a piece of email arrives from anyone on a certain list of people it automatically gets delivered to a special folder "Work email". Every once in a while, I get an email from someone who ought to be on that lsit, but isn't. So I go into Tools/Rules, find the rule, and manually ad their name to the ever-growing list. IS there an easier way to do this? Is there some way I can just drag their name to the list somewhere? (The closest I've been able to come to a shortcut is when the email is opened, go to Actions/Create Rule, and ...

How to create and use xlw file? Help!
Hi, I had a huge file with numerous links. It can not even auto-calculat the formulas once I made a change. I guess it is just too large. Anyway, I posted a message on another forum and someone suggested t use xlw file so that when I open the xlw file I will open several file linked to xlw file at the same time. And that may do help. I don't have any idea about creating and using xlw file. Anyone know details about it? Pls. help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Start by looking at Save a group of workbooks in a customized workspace in XL Help. In arti...

Year dependent macros help??? Its quite urgent : )
Dear Helpers, I'm making a project to manage my school's geography department' accounts and stock. I will try to explain my problems in as much detai as possible within my capabilities. I have recieved help from people such as yourselves before, bu advanced knowledge over mine has led to me making mistakes. I reall need some help again. Please see my attached spreadsheet. Please e-mai me at KrisB_bacon@hotmail.com if you have any queries/would prefe e-mail correspondence. Here we go: When you open the worksheet, you are requested to select the curren year. This allows a year t...

An unofficial FAQ needs some help
I'm trying to incorporate M05 updates in existing questions in an unofficial FAQ and two came up that I don't know the answer to. You can help by validating, from experience or by reference, these assumptions: 1) M05 will still detect a possible recurring transaction and flag it with the bleeding envelop, if [Windows menu:] Tools|Settings|Change your global account settings|Watch for recurring payments call for it to do so. Is this true? 2) M05 has the same issues installing with Norton anti-virus that M04 does. Is this true? Dick, I am running Norton Antivirus 2005 and in...

HELP! Restore Public Folders to Recovery Server
After a major server disaster, we've had to bring up a dialtone database and exmerge our existing mailboxes from a recovery server. We're running Win2k SP3, with Ex55 SP4. Our public information store holds a large amount of detail, but I'm unable to re-mount the store on the recovery server (or even on a test server with the same name on a different network). I am able to mount the pub.edb without incident, but under EXAdmin I am unable to see any of the existing public folders, even after I have run the consistency adjuster on the IS. Does anyone have any ideas of how...

Use Contacts in OWA
How can I get my contacts to show up when sending email from OWA? Only my global address list shows up. Thanks. David In news:uWKgv8ruFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, David <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> typed: > How can I get my contacts to show up when sending email from OWA? Only my > global address list shows up. Thanks. > David In OWA, you can't view your contacts in your address book view like you can in Outlook. What version of Exchange are you using, and have you seen www.messageware.com ? They make some add-ins that make OWA look a lot more like Outlook. ...

IMF and Outlook/OWA junk email interaction
I know the deployment white paper goes over this some, but it still leaves a lot of points of confusion. So I've done a lot of testing and thought I would share my results on how Exchange/IMF/Outlook/OWA all interact for junk email handling. Feel free to give input.... http://www.blackcamaro.com/misc/imf.htm -Dave I've found that if a user connects with Outlook 2003 it can also turn on IMF junk filtering - it doesn't just happen from OWA. -GT "dlavoie" <dlavoie@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:1112307295.143433.164880@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I...

rules on exchange
I erased all rules in my outlook, but I constantlly receive error in rules. Seems like that there are differences between outlook and exchange in this, some rules are still seted on exchange server. I cannot find any rules on exchange. How can I resolve this problem? Hi Marko, You will need to use the Mdbvu32 tools to view and then delete them if not needed, here is the MS KB article on the procedure: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B320022#appliesto Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "...

rules migration in echange 2003
hi all, i'm using sendmail and i have mailfilter for my rules (rules like : move mail from yyy to zzz directory) . So i would like to know if it exists a tool which is able to migrate my mailfilter rules to Exchange 2003 rules ??? If not, How can i migrate my mailfilter rules to Exchange 2003 rules ?? (I have 150 users and i don't want to create rules for each users with oultook 2003 !!!!!) Thanks. ...

Returns Transaction Entry Help not linked to window
For some reason, when I click on the Help icon on my Returns Transaction Entry window or the Purchasing Returns Distribution Entry window, nothing comes up. However, I know one exists at least for the Returns Transaction Entry window bacuase I can get to by calling up Microsoft Dynamics GP Purchase Order Enhacements Help from the Returns Batch Entry window. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on how to link these together? Thanks for your help. ------=_NextPart_0001_ABE797D9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgrou...

help combining two "personalised Business cards
Sorry for the repost but i am really in a bind here Please read my previous posts to (combining files to common template) Ive determined the customer used personal company info to create these cards. is there a way to convert these to plain text boxes wthout re creating the cards? How do i get 2 separate items to not "synchronise? any help would be greatly appreciated. help file is getting me there but i really dont have alot of time i can charge for to recreate the wheel here. -- "Display tolerance & kindness to those with less knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS ...

OWA 2003 read receipt
I have set up a new exchange 2003 server and we're using it for an external connector (seperate domain). The only way people can log on is through OWA. Currently it prompts the user to send a read receipt and we'd like it to automatically send, like exchange 2000 owa. Is this possible? thanks in advance! Jesse ...

Help with parameters
I have set up a parameter in a query that will look between a beginning and ending date. When I try to run it from a report, I get the following error. This expression is typed incorrectly. For Example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables. I set the field to short date "6/1/07" and I get this error. Not sure what to do, any ideas. Thanks in advance. ...