OWA returns HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable

Outlook Web Access used to work fine, but now users are receiving the
following message
HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Users can access the OWA page, but after typing in credentials and clicking
"Log On"  the above error is returned.  If the incorrect credentials are
entered the "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access" message is
received.  This tells me I'm authenticating fine but whatever the next step
is it is failing.

There are no error messages in event viewer.  Any recommendations of what to
look at next?

The OWA Exchange 2003 Server sits on a different subnet from the Exchange
2003 server where the mail store is.  All mail is routed out through the OWA
server and is working fine. Only problem is the OWA external interface.

Thanks,
Colin

0
spam3944 (2163)

Hi,

One of our customer is also facing the similar issue, I found that he is
having FrontPage Extension Installed (KB 242819), so today we will un-install
FrontEnd Extension and see the results.

You can also try this solution, only if you have multiple BackEnd servers
and FrontPage installed on your OWA server.

Regards,

"Legendsfan" wrote:

> Outlook Web Access used to work fine, but now users are receiving the
> following message
> HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
> Users can access the OWA page, but after typing in credentials and clicking
> "Log On"  the above error is returned.  If the incorrect credentials are
> entered the "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access" message is
> received.  This tells me I'm authenticating fine but whatever the next step
> is it is failing.
>
> There are no error messages in event viewer.  Any recommendations of what to
> look at next?
>
> The OWA Exchange 2003 Server sits on a different subnet from the Exchange
> 2003 server where the mail store is.  All mail is routed out through the OWA
> server and is working fine. Only problem is the OWA external interface.
>
> Thanks,
> Colin

0
IRFAN7754 (14)

Free/Busy Info and OWA 2003 Issue.
Greetings! We are running Exchange 2003 Front-End, Back-End and Exchange 5.5 in a mixed mode. Exchange 5.5 does not host any mailboxes or public folders. They all were migrated to the Exch 2003 Back-End server .We are getting an issue where clients using OWA 2003 are not able to see the Free/Busy information for the other users when scheduling a meeting,however it works just fine with the old OWA 5.5 . This works also if people are using full Outlook client 2000,2003,XP - no problems with the Free/Busy time at all. Thanks in advance! Did you create a replica of the Free/Busy folde...

OWA returns HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Outlook Web Access used to work fine, but now users are receiving the following message HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable Users can access the OWA page, but after typing in credentials and clicking "Log On" the above error is returned. If the incorrect credentials are entered the "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access" message is received. This tells me I'm authenticating fine but whatever the next step is it is failing. There are no error messages in event viewer. Any recommendations of what to look at next? The OWA Exchange 2003 Server sits on a ...

CRM HTTP Error 401.1 IIS
Hei, I installed CRM on the Windows Server 2003 on three box for 100 users. All users registred in the CRM Server and working on the clients. A: 1 for Active Directory Domain controler (ADSRV) B: 1 for SQL 2000 + CRM Server ver 1.2 (CRMSRV) C: 1 for Exchange Server 2003 (EXSRV) i have one problem that when i type http://crmwebsite on the CRMSRV then i get "HTTP Error 401.1, Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS)". When i try it on the ADSRV then it works well. It is also working well on the client c...

OWA from inside the LAN
Good morning all, I have an E2K3 server with an internal IP address, and do port forwarding from a firewall/router to it from the outside world. From outside the company, I can hit http://mail.xxxx.com/exchange (my A record public address) and get into OWA after entering name/password. When I am inside the company, if I try the same exercise, I cannot get past the login prompt! It keeps popping up and never lets me into the OWA. I have also tried entering <domain>/username and that did not work either. mail.xxx.com is resolving to the external address (verified by a ping). If I try fro...

OWA Authentication #2
I installed a new server on site running SBS2003 approx 3 weeks ago. It had been running without any problems so far. Sometime during the night an error occured regarding a file called "owaauth.dll". This file stopped the W3SVC service from loading correctly. I restored the file from a previous backup and it resolved the problem I had with the "Default Web Site". I gained all this information from the Event Viewer. I restarted the server and checked the event viewer again and it did not flag any problems in the Application log. However, when I try to use OWA inter...

Recipient update service #2
In ESM --> Recepients --> Recepient Update Service --> Property --> General Tab: There is a filed Windows Domain Controller, If I have two DC (one is GC and another one is not), which DC is the best to choose, GC one? or the other one Thanks Patric "Patrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >In ESM --> Recepients --> Recepient Update Service --> Property --> General Tab: There is a filed Windows Domain Controller, If I have two DC (one is GC and another one is not), which DC is the best to choose, GC one? or the other one? >...

OWA HTTP Error
Hi all I have just installed a new Exchange 2000 server and have tried to set up OWA 2000 but keep getting a HTTP error 404 file not found. The history is that the exchange used to be on the DC and ISA box and OWA was set up and working before although there was no reference to this in ISA so Im not sure how it worked! Troubleshooting I have done:- I am able to get to the exchange from internal using http://servername/exchange and it works fine I have set up OWA , I made the necessary adjustments to IIS ON THE EXCHANGE SERVER, allowing basic authentication and then published the web ser...

CRM 1.2
I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server. We will also be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server. We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM server. The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great Plains clients. What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario? I believe that CRM "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to create the new one? I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a proje...

How to get http response after post
Hi everyone, My pseudo code and question are folowing: //Code_Start void CTryDlg::OnStart3() { CFile f; DWORD dwStatus; DWORD dwBuffLen = sizeof(dwStatus); BOOL bSuccess; CHttpConnection *cn; CHttpFile *httpf; CString strSentence,strGetSentence; CString strHttpName = "http://www.eee.com/login.asp"; char opt[] = "UserName=uuu&Password=ppp"; CString strHeaders = "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n"; CInternetSession session("IE 5.0"); try { cn = session.GetHttpConnection("www.dailygraphs.com",0,INTERNET_DEFAULT...

OWA Users/Expired passwords
I have several users who will only be logging in to Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2003), and once they're logged in to OWA they can change their passwords, but if they for some reason let their passwords expire, OWA doesn't allow them the opportunity to change their passwords; this is the case whether we use a dialog login box or forms-based authentication. Is there any way we can set OWA so that it automatically takes a user to the IIS password change screen if someone tries to log in with an expired password? this should solve your problem http://www.petri.co.il/enable_pass...

2003 OWA
We are having problems when end users hit the cancel button on the Exchange 2003 OWA password change screen, it actually gives an ASP error when hitting the cancel button on this particular screen. Does anyone have an TechNet Articles on why this doesn't work? Dear Sabo, Thanks for posting here. In order to narrow down the problem, please provide me with the detailed message of the ASP error. You may capture a screen shoot and attach the picture when you post back. Also, I would like to give you the detailed steps for enable change password in Exchange 2003 OWA: You must firs...

Setting up OWA with Windows Certificate
Hi everyone, I need to configure my OWA to make use of a certificate generated by a Windows 2003 server for an Exchnage 2003 server. I know how to do this using third party (Verisign) certs but I need to find a free solution. If you could point me to the correct documentation it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Jose One of your options would be to use your own Certificate Authority. You can install this from the Win2k3 Server CD. With that you can generate your own certificate just like verisign. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Don't want to type domain reference in OWA @ log on
Is there a way to not type in the domain reference in OWA when the user is logging in? My users are confused when logging on from 2000 to XP. Thanks. Yes, You can!! ESM\Frist Administrative Group\Server\Exchnge Server\Protocol\HTTP\Exchange Virtual Server\Exchange right click proterties\Access\Authenticate in the Default Domain,pls type your domain name after restart your default web site(using IIS Admin MMC Tool) -- Jammyù�ٴ� "ctrlgrid" <jkit001@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D :4f9d64d8.0410260000.51e66dfd@posting.google.com... > Is there a way to not type in the domain re...

Weird exchange service account problems
Scenario: I attempted to install Brightstor Arcserve backup agent using the arcserve software. I got an error saying it was unable to finalize the account. I manually deleted the dbagent account several times in an attempt to troubleshoot the problem. Now my exchange server is screwed up. Sypmtoms: Logged on as Administrator (Exchange Service Account...I know this should be a seperate user, will rectify that when this is fixed) I am seeing problems with permissions inside of the Exchange Server Administrator program. When I click on Connections->Internet Mail Service connector I get t...

GoTo | Service menu is not available
The GoTo | Service menu is not available on a new installation. Any ideas why, or how to access it? This is a new installation and I am logged in with system administrator rights. Currently, the only way I can get into services at all is to set my homepage to one of those areas. is this on crm 1.2?? "Jeff S" <Jeff S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1413FFAF-9C3A-45A1-B99E-9E1D80F89F00@microsoft.com... > The GoTo | Service menu is not available on a new installation. Any ideas > why, or how to access it? > > This is a new installation and I a...

Dynamics Security Console and Dynamics Web Services
Hi All I need help I have created a server with windows server 2008 32 bit and installed MOSS I have done all the standard setups and created all the websites ect I have installed Dynamics Webservice witth SP3 When I run Dynamics Security Console and select applications and then SecuritySerivices. I get the following error "Could not access the SecurityService service. Unable to connect to the remote server" Please help Regards Laurie ...

Server Application Unavailable 06-14-06
Dear All, In one of our customer's site CRM 1.2 is implemented on the following environment: SBS 2003 (with relevant SPs) SQL Server 2000 (with relevant SPs) MS CRM 1.2 Exchange MS CRM intermittently gives "Server Application Unavailable" whenever I try to access CRM. All the services are running. No event logs. Although the error message says that an Application Event Log for the Web Server has been logged, I dont see any log in the Event Viewer. And moreover CRM also displays the authentication form before giving that error. That means the CRM Authentication service is...

Thai collation in SQL for MS CRM 1.2
A number of our Partners have been requesting for double-byte characters such as Chinese, Japanese and Thai languages to be recognized by MS CRM 1.2. Most of their clients have this included in their business requirement. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

2 different domains/1 exchange server
Hi. I'm currently running E2k03 SP1 as my mail server in our network. Recently another company move in our building (same owner) and both company are sharing network infrastructure. Each company has a different AD domains and this domains are not related in any ways (trust relationship). Is there any way that I can provide mail services to the new neighbors without trusting the domains or using pop3? -- Elvyn Gutierrez Pellerano & Herrera MIS/Lan Manager ...

Display Screen 1/2 Grid; 1/2 VBE (or at least Code Window)
Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and side by side) a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window? If you just want to look at macros do a cltr+' (key to left of 1). John North Yorkshire UK "Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:Fqb7d.10064$0j.2648@lakeread07... > Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and > side > by side) > a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window? > > Jim With Excel workbook open to the sheet of your choice and VBE o...

OWA login problem #3
Initialy there was an error ASP 0115 Errors in IIS This what I 've done ; Click Start, point to Programs, click Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack, click Microsoft Internet Information Server, and then click Internet Service Manager. Expand Internet Information Server. Right-click the computer name, and then click Properties. In the Master Properties drop-down list box, click WWW Service, and then click Edit. Click the Home Directory tab, and then click Configuration. On the Process Options tab, click to clear the Enable Debug Exception Catching check box. Click OK to close the Application C...

SMTP service does not fail over to the next mail MX record
I have a problem whit SMTP outgoing mail on my Exchange server 2003 sp2 on a Windows 2003 sp1 and all fixes and updates on. The SMTP service does not fail over to the next mail MX record after the host for the first (lowest) MX record returns error. I have tested with SMTP Diag from the exchange server to several domains where the first MX record return error and SMTP diag failes over like it should do. I’ve tried to use both internal and external DNS whit the same result. I know that this error was fixed in W2K3 SP1. Any ideas ? What are you determining to be an error here? Is the...

RPC over HTTP using .local domain
I am using a .local domain for on a small business server 2003. When my outlook users connect the must type domain.local\%username% rather than the default netbiosname\%username%. Any sugestions? Have you consider using UPN and matching the UPN to the email domain name? Nue <gomert@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145889850.080836.135900@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I am using a .local domain for on a small business server 2003. When my > outlook users connect the must type domain.local\%username% rather than > the default netbiosname\%username%. > > Any sugesti...

windows audio service stops
xp pro sp2 windows audio service does not start even it is set to automatic. can hear sound in speakers but cant control it. speaker in sys tray not available. Farhan Where do you see it set at "automatic"...Try run,type: services.msc In msc,scroll to windows audio,double click,start service,set to auto, locate the section that tells xp to restart if it stops,set to restart service. Also,if that service is corrupted,and maybe others,open event viewer & get OS details... "Farhan" wrote: > xp pro sp2 > > windows audio service ...

New Patch for Exchange Vulnerability's impact on CRM-Exchange Email Router Services?
Dear all, Would anyone knows the following new patch for Exchange vulnerability reported this month as critical. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-019.mspx will have any impact on the CRM-Exchange Email Router Services (MCRM v3.0)? This security update includes the change to the Send as permission that is discussed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: 912918 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912918/) Users cannot send e-mail messages from a mobile device or from a shared mailbox in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003 Thanks and regards! ...