OWA - Reply To All in public folders

Hi all!

Is there any chance to enable Reply, Reply To All, and Forward buttons in Public Folders in OWA?

Thanx for any hint!

--
R.V.

You can do this in Exchange 2003 as long as you have a front-end server.
IIRC, this is a new feature in Exchange 2003 and not available in previous
versions.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Radovan Vojtek" <RadovanVojtek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all!
>
> Is there any chance to enable Reply, Reply To All, and Forward buttons in
Public Folders in OWA?

> Thanx for any hint!
>
> --
> R.V.

0
neil.hobson (1158)
8/4/2004 9:51:08 AM
thanx, please, could you tell me how and where to enable it?

--
R.V.

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> You can do this in Exchange 2003 as long as you have a front-end server.
> IIRC, this is a new feature in Exchange 2003 and not available in previous
> versions.
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
>
> For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>
> "Radovan Vojtek" <RadovanVojtek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Is there any chance to enable Reply, Reply To All, and Forward buttons in
> Public Folders in OWA?
> >
> > Thanx for any hint!
> >
> > --
> > R.V.

I'm not sure there is anything to enable.  If you connect via your front-end
server to public folders, you should be able to open a post and use the
Reply, Forward, etc buttons.  It works here and I don't recall setting
anything specific up.

--

> thanx, please, could you tell me how and where to enable it?
>
> --
> R.V.
>

> "Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > You can do this in Exchange 2003 as long as you have a front-end server.
> > IIRC, this is a new feature in Exchange 2003 and not available in
previous
> > versions.
> >
> > --
> > Neil Hobson
> > Exchange MVP
> >
> > For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
> > http://www.msexchangeblog.com
> >
> > "Radovan Vojtek" <RadovanVojtek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > > Hi all!
> > >
> > > Is there any chance to enable Reply, Reply To All, and Forward buttons
in
> > Public Folders in OWA?
> > >
> > > Thanx for any hint!
> > >
> > > --
> > > R.V.

0
neil.hobson (1158)

send as public folder
Hello using exch2k3 sp1, created public folder, gave a list of 7 people including myself publishing editor and send as permissions--but when i test this sitting in the folder in my outlook and send new msg--i am just sending from myself to myself-- what am i missing to have msg appear as being sent by folder instead of my mailbox? Thanks Ed On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:09:03 -0700, "EdMull51" <EdMull51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > > using exch2k3 sp1, created public folder, gave a list of 7 people >including myself >publishing editor and send a...

Moved Outlook Express folders to new machine, but cannot see them
Here's what I've done, copied all the .dbx folders from old machine to disk, copied them to desktop of new machine. Opened new account/ new Outlook Express on new machine. Then selected File, Import, Messages, chose OE 6, imported by browsing to the desktop folder I created..I've even received the message"YOUR DATA FROM MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 WAS SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED".. but I still cannot see them within OE.... I have also tried the move by physically copy & pasting the .dbx folders into the 'identities folder' and pointing the store to it and can't ...

Public folder rule to forward to subfolder
Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to forward incoming mails to a mail enabled public folder to a other public folder that is not mail enabled (e.g forward to folder ID etc ) ? Thanks BR, Malte On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:40:00 -0800, Malte <Malte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >does anyone know if there is a way to forward incoming mails to a mail >enabled public folder to a other public folder that is not mail enabled (e.g >forward to folder ID etc ) ? > >Thanks >BR, >Malte Since its not mail-enabled, I dont think you can. WHy not simply m...

Change Password via OWA
I was reading Article ID 301428 regarding how to change your network password via Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003. Would these changes also allow the administrator password to be changed this way? I know that I could just disable HTTP access for Administrator too. Are there any other drawbacks that anyone can provide by opening up this feature? Please let me know. Thanks! It would allow any user with HTTP(S) access to change their passwords, including the Administrator. If you decide to do this, make absolutely sure that you enable SSL. Otherwise, no pitfalls or drawbacks t...

Easy, ideally free way to remove all duplicates from many outlook folders wanted
I`ve got about 1.5 gig of emails archived, some of which have been duplicated due to download errors, problems with servers etc. I`m looking for a way to fairly easily remove all the duplicates (which are scattered between many different folders) while still keeping the folder structure as it is. Is there a nice easy way to do this, ideally free? Thanks for your help! -- What am I selling on ebay right now? http://tinyurl.com/38yjc Earn money reading emails! http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm One month FREE spam and fraud protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/safetybarsig/?rc=kmj4hl Versi...

OWA on a separate box
I am running exchange 2003 and OWA on the same system. I would like to run OWA on a separate server and place that server on the DMZ. I don't see an easy way of installing Outlook Web Access onto another server. Any Ideas? "Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running exchange 2003 and OWA on the same system. I would like to run OWA on a separate server >and place that server on the DMZ. I don't see an easy way of installing Outlook Web Access onto another server. Any Ideas? Do not put a server in the DMZ. By all means get an ISA serv...

I can't make crm fetch replies on crm emails
Hi The problem is - I can't make crm fetch replies on crm emails. I can send an email from crm - it appears as a completed activity. But replies only get to outlook -- i need to promote them to activities manually. Is there anyway to find out why they dont get into crm automaticly? I have two servers - mscrm 1.2 (win2003) and exchange 2003. Any useful reply would be appreciated greatly. Thanks. Max ...

Spelling & Gramer on shared folder
I use a shared folder for documents with my secretary but when I access a document created by her and try to alter it the automatic spelling and gramar checking does not kick in and if I use it in the tool bar it says it is completed when there are obvious errors. Is there a way to use spelling and gramar check on such documents on another computer on the network? I'm not real sure how shared folders (do you mean on a network or among user accounts?) work but I doubt this has anything to do with them. I'm guessing that the language setting is messed up on your secretary's comput...

Adding other contact folders to address book, as it were?
I have several contacts folders (5 to be exact). I have them because I use these to import/export to to other email clients, or to files and I need these addresses to all be separate from one another. I just recently needed to actually use a third set of addresses. My address book accesses a personal address book and the main contacts folder when I'm addressing an email. A third one needs to be made accessible. How do I add that in? I went to TOOLS > SERVICES thinking that it might be through there, but I'm either doing something wrong, or that is not where I can do this. Is ...

Intelligent Message filter update problem with Junk e-mail folder
I've recently installed Intelligent Message filter on my front end server. All appeared to be working OK, so I went ahead, updated the server with the IMF update and restarted the server. Inbound external messages are now assigned an SCL rating upon delivery on the front end server, but ALL messages seem to be being sent to the Outlook Junk e-mail Outlook folder when SCL rating is above that of 0 and 1. My delivery and junk e-mail settings are both set to 8 under Global Settings - Delivery, but messages are automatically being moved to Junk e-mail folder if they are greater tha...

Hyperlinks to folders?
Can cells hold hyperlinks to folders? We are using excel to track work requests. We want to have a cell that links to a folder, containing any documentation that relates to the request. Thanks for any help. Hi you already have received an answer to this question in your older post :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Excel-newbie wrote: > Can cells hold hyperlinks to folders? We are using excel > to track work requests. We want to have a cell that links > to a folder, containing any documentation that relates to > the request. > > Thanks for any help. ...

Unable to see files in folders
When I try to find a file that I know is in a folder, I don't see it. When I do a search, it shows up. Do I have something checked wrong that does not allow me to see certain files. They are .jpg files that I put in the folders. -- Dick Sorry Dick: You have not given enough information for us to answer. We need to know your OS version and level (e.g. OS 10.4.10) and "how" you are trying to see the files (in which application? The Finder?) On 4/09/07 4:00 AM, in article D6CDEEAC-922C-4DB3-8363-10EB6FCF8907@microsoft.com, "Dick" <Dick@discussions.microso...

Public Folders are missing in Outlook 2003 cached modus
Hi, I have implemented Exchange 2003 with a public folder structure. The strange thing is, I cannot see the pulic folders (only the root folders) in my Outlook 2003 installation on my machine. It is not a security problem, for I can access the public folders in OWA or on other machines. I have completely de- and reinstalled Outlook. No change. Then I have deleted and created the Outlook profiles. Did help for 2 days. Finally I have deleted and created the windows profile. Did not help. What can I do? Thank you, Manfred Are you using the Folder List navigation pane? -- Sue Moshe...

Public calender setup
I am wanting to setup a public calender in my Exchange 2003 organization. I have the calender in the public folder, but it is not doing what I want. Here is an outline of what I am trying to do Public calender for the compan everyone has access to create and modif when an appointment is made; you can invite others and it will email them to accept or declin when accepted or declined it will email the creator of the appointmen when accepted will put appointment in personal calende is this possible? With the functionality you ask for, I don't really see why you need this calendar to be a ...

Redirecting http to https for OWA
I am trying to redirect http to https. I works when I type in Http://mail.domain.com/exchange but not when I type in http://mail.domain.com. My users currently type in https://mail.domain.com to get their mail. I just want to drop the (S). Why do I have to add the /exchange? I am on Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Tyson, did you include in the redirection URL the /exchange? It is required. I usually require the users to type in HTTPS. That way, I don't have to open up port 80, only port 443. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com "Tyson" <Tyson@d...

OWA problem...please!
I've recently upgraded to the latest Exchange service pack which gave me an updated version of OWA. My OWA used to work fine before the SP update, but now when I access it using any external computer, I get the following error that is in two different panes of the browser window: --- Bad Gateway The following error occurred: The host name was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is.not found by retrying the URL. (DNS_HOST_NOT_FOUND) --- It's very hard to debug as I only have the problem using an external computer. If I use OWA on a local...

[ESC
Hi Guys; I don't know if this is something you can address or not... Diane & I - both Comcast subscribers - have had problems all week receiving from this one newsgroup. Between ~9:00 PM Sunday & ~10:00 AM Wednesday I received one message. Perhaps 4 posts (total) came through Tue, Wed & Thu, then nothing until 2 posts (in the same thread) today (Sat) between 11 AM & 1:30 PM. Other MVPs - not using Comcast - have indicated that there has definitely been a rather steady volume of traffic in the group. I also looked at the group via Mactopia & confirmed that there have...

Need to custom identify incoming outlook messages and keep this identifier when user replies
I need to map an incoming message with the replying outgoing messages using a custom identifier. The incoming message should be built including this custom identifier and sent to the end user in outlook. We could add this identifier as part of the e-mail subject, but prefer to add it somewhere that the end user cannot edit. When the end user replies to the message, it is important that this custom identifier is included in the reply message, just as it would if we included it in the subject field. Is there a document field that can be used for this purpose, and will the value in thi...

Output public foder email addresses...
Hey all, I need to output all of my newsgroup and PF addresses and aliases... here's the command I'm using, seems like the right syntax but I get "no entries found"... anyone see an error or have something that will get me my addresses? csvde -f "C:\Scripts\active directory queries\PFs.csv" -s ComanyDC1 -d ou="Microsoft Exchange System Objects",dc=domain,dc=com -r (obj ectclass=publicfolder) -l "displayname,mail,proxyaddresses" Also, I've tried setting objectclass equal to "*" with no luck. Thanks, Dan - That's becaus...

Public folder latency on just one user
The environment is as follows: running windows 2000 AD with exchange 2003 enterprise. One public folder storage group. problem: A user is having latency problems viewing the contents of any public folders. It takes about 5 minutes before they can view any updates/additions made to public folders. Other users with the same permissions have no problem. Nothing on the user account or the public folder(s) has changed. it seems the user has had this problem for a while. This is the only user affected. the default permission on the folders is contributor. we have tried recreating the users ma...

P2000 coupla publication questions
P2000 booklet setup cover will be color..not sure if process or spot at this time. the interior pages will be b&w currently i have the entire publication setup for cmyk, should I leave it like this or should I remove the color cover to a separate pub file and make the interior pages b&w?? second; what should I set the trapping up as for the color pages? tnx r ...

O2003: exchange and imap emails arriving in same folder
We have a mixed exchange/imap environment. On a couple of the computers any email sent arriving in the exchange account end up in the imap inbox. On others this doesn't happen. I've checked the config, it seems correct. Any ideas? castufari@gmail.com <castufari@gmail.com> wrote: > We have a mixed exchange/imap environment. On a couple of the > computers any email sent arriving in the exchange account end up in > the imap inbox. On others this doesn't happen. I've checked the > config, it seems correct. Any ideas? This simply cannot happen unless 1) you'...

Error on Public Item Recovery
Hello I have a user that created a folder in their assigned departmental public folder and went and moved (on accident) his task from from his inbox to that folder. Then on top of that deleted it. For some reason when i try and run "recover deleted items" against this folder that contained his moved tasks i get an error that i may not have permissions. I have owner on the folder, he has owner on the folder, and the SA has owner on the folder. I have tried to recover the item with all 3 accounts. Additionally i post a test message in that folder and delete it, i can recove...

How can you arrange, multiple mailboxes on the folder list view?
Do you know how to arrange the appearance of multiple mailboxes on the folder list? If so please let me know, thanks, this is for Outlook 2002 I don't think it's possible -- the Folder List is always arranged alphabetically. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1c79801c42238$e9f4e430$a301280a@phx.gbl, Sean wrote: > Do you know how to arrange the appearance of multiple > mailboxes on the folder list? If so please let me know, > th...

OWA Broken
Ok, My OWA worked fine, I ran the IIS lockdown tool, and now OWA does not work. IIS is running and so is the default web page. When I type in my servers IP/exchange it asks me for username and password, then just loads page can not be displaed. Any ideas Exchange 2003, windows 2000 Server Thanks IIS Lockdown is your likely culprit. Did you specifically select the OWA template when you ran it? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:ed%234Gq$SFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Ok, My OWA worked fine, I ran the II...