OWA Public Folder redirection Exch2003

After installing Exchange 2000, some virtual folders created and can be seen under IIS. 'Public' is one of them and if you expand this Public virtual folder, you ll see the public folders. Right-click on one public folder and you can redirect it to any web page you want. (for Outlook Web Access

But after installing Exchange 2003, under IIS, I cannot expand the 'Public' virtual folder. Therefore, I cannot redirect the requests for this public folder. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheer

0
anonymous (74722)

Does your Exchange 2003 server have a public store?
--
Ed Crowley
Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support

"Ozgur" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing Exchange 2000, some virtual folders created and can be
seen under IIS. 'Public' is one of them and if you expand this Public
virtual folder, you ll see the public folders. Right-click on one public
folder and you can redirect it to any web page you want. (for Outlook Web
Access)

> But after installing Exchange 2003, under IIS, I cannot expand the
'Public' virtual folder. Therefore, I cannot redirect the requests for this
public folder. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> Cheers

Exch2k Calendar in Public folder post meeting request not available?
I have created a calendar in a public folder, and want it to accept meeting requests through OWA, not the default appointments. When I try to change it via Outlook 2002 it tells me it cannot accept this type? I.e. On the general tab for the folder properties it says "When posting to this folder use, Appointment (I want to use "Meeting Request" from the forms ....) Also when logging into the public folder and creating an appointment, it does not allow me to add attendees? it is grayed out. Any help would be much appreciated. Tim ...

how to let emails get into each folder?
Hi all, I saw my boss has this feature in his outlook 2003: He divides the inbox into "Family", "Work", ... etc. folders, then whenever a new email arrives, they will automatically get into these folders... How to do that? Thanks a lot! Rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, networm asked: | Hi all, | | I saw my boss has this feature in his outlook 2003: | | He divides the inbox into &q...

folder access by mail-enabled user
We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site mailbox at their home site. How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder of a local user? They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill down to the user... HankC The user will have to log into that mailbox separately. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "HankC" <clarkc@missouri.edu> wrote in message news:d739ad46-fa2e-43dc-a4b1-04006badddd9@d21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... >...

OWA time out ?
Can the OWA client be configured to time out due to inactivity? Also, how can the default setting of OWA be configure for all clients access ? Thanks, Andrew If you're talking OWA 2003, then yes, use forms-based authentication: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/11/formsbased_auth.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "andrewlin@canada.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04b601c3c966$e2915b90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can the OWA client be configured to time out d...

Outlook 98 Sharing Net Folders
I have setup my calendar sharing by using the netfolders feature that comes with OL 98 and my other computer received the invintation to participate but the originating computer never gets the acceptance of the invitation. This is not just a problem with these two computers but all of them at my work. It seems you setup netfolder and go through the wizard, send an invitation, then accept it, but it never goes beyond that. I meet all the requirements such as a pop email system, internet mail trasnport type with rich test format. What am i missing? Thank you! Christian ...

Move all Public folders from one server to anorther.
What is the best solution to moving all the Public folders from one server to another server ? The servers is NOT in the same doman, organisation or site. I hav TCP/IP connectivitybetween the servers. Jane On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:32:29 +0200, dfgdfgd <kdhvjhg@jsfsgsd.com> wrote: >What is the best solution to moving all the Public folders from one >server to another server ? The servers is NOT in the same doman, >organisation or site. I hav TCP/IP connectivitybetween the servers. > > >Jane This will do a replication: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238573/ after whic...

Public Folders not listed on Folder List
I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. Have you permission to see each folder? /Lasse "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:ORUUCoMpGHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using >Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. > Could you see them yesterday? Describe what happened - what changes did you make to the system? .. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Lasse Pette...

Exchange 2003 - SchedulePlusFreeBusy Folder
Hello, I am running exchange 2003 SP1 (new server, no upgrades) and I am recieving the following messaage: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8275 Date: 8/23/2004 Time: 2:01:07 AM User: N/A Computer: PG-ADR-EXCH-03 Description: SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine PG-ADR-EXCH-03. The error number is 0x80040115. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any information. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Paul. ...

Not able to acces public folders on outlook 2003
not able to access Public folders on outlook 2003 after installing office 2003 service pack. please let me know how to fix this issues What happens when you try? Did you try making a new profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your fav...

Outlook 2003 starts up at every logon although not in Startup folder
I am using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro and it automatically starts up whenever I log on to the computer. I want to stop this behaviour, but I don't know how to. I removed it from the Startup folder, but it is still launching every time. Can this option have been configured some other way? Thanks in advance for any assistance. -- Stephen Turner Stephen Turner <sretnews@adelie.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro and it automatically starts up > whenever I log on to the computer. I want to stop this behaviour, but > I don't know how to. Click Start&...

outlook 2k, win xp pro, OLK folder, and users
Hey all. Need some help here. I don't even know if there is a way to do force this. Here is the scenario: User receives email with attachment in outlook User open email User opens attachment (word, excel, whatever) User makes changes to document User clicks on File, chooses Save As Word for example, wants to save the file in hidden directory such as "C:\Documents and Settings\jim bob\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\olk1234" User tries to browse for it, can't find it. Now if the user does this: User receives email with attachment in outlook User opens email Use...

Is there any way to hide folders with the "_files" extension?
Not sure what they are or why they are there, but the folders with the "_files" extension really clutter things up and make it difficult to find the files I am looking for. Any way to hide those, or some other method so that I don't have to look at these? They are the files associated with documents saved as web pages. Save your web pages in a separate folder from your Word documents and avoid the clutter. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP ...

OWA
My "Sent Items" mail folder shows the "From" Column, instead of the "To" column. Obviously, the email is from me, so I am listed in the "From" column for every email. It makes it impossible to search for an email sent "TO' a specific individual. Others in my office correctly show the "To" column. My Tech support cannot see anything different between my setup and anyone else. Does anyone know what needs to be changed so I can see the "To" Column in the "Sent Items" View? thanks, Nelson Look for the view butto...

Shared Calendars in OWA?
OK, here's an easy one. We've delegated read rights to one users calendar for another user. Can the user who has read rights see the other users calendar in OWA for Exchange 2003 or is this only supported using the true outlook 2003 client? Many thanks! Found it: When logged into OWA, open new browser window and hardcode URL https://(url_here)/exchange/(sharedusername)/calendar Cheers, MX1 PS. I'm surprised they don't make it easier. "MX1" <mx1@mx1.abc> wrote in message news:jQ8yc.29433$Sw.24169@attbi_s51... > OK, here's an easy one. We'...

How do I do a New Mail Alert on a seperate folder??
I have a rule to divert my important messages to a seperate folder marked Urgent. Problem is, how do I apply a rule to this folder?? Lets say new mail has come in and 2 messages have been sent to Urgent folder.. I need to know right away that this folder has 2 new items.. Can someone please help?? Seems silly to have rules only for Inbox.. Thanks, Ajay I think you've got things mixed up now. All mails are being delivered to the Inbox. With rules you can automatically move them to a different folder. You can also set the action to show the New Message Notification in the rule. -...

forgot password of my outlook personal folder. How do i get data
I forgot password of my outlook personal folder. I am unable to open the folder now that I have closed it. How do I retreive the data? "Kannappa" <Kannappa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8283A7D2-4F11-4656-B6F3-570FF99DE9EB@microsoft.com... >I forgot password of my outlook personal folder. I am unable to open the > folder now that I have closed it. How do I retreive the data? Have a look at some of these: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=pst+password+cracker&src=IE-SearchBox ...

OWA login failing
Environment Exchange 2003 SP1 FE and BE (in a cluster), native mode in a 2000 AD native mode. Using Form Based Authentication This HAS been working fine for months (FYI) On the BE I can browse (through IIS / Exchange) to my mailbox. So issue is on the FE. Issue - User pulls up site and gets the typical login form (as they are supposed to) (I.i the owalogin.asp). User puts in their credentials and clicks to Log on - bam - they see the following: https://<front end server>/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll The Page cannot be found HTTP 400 - Bad request Now I would think this issue is ...

Public folder cannot reply w/template- rule changes unsaved
Hello, We have a public folder which is mail enabled- we want all posts going to that public folder to reply with an auto response. I've elected that the only option would be to set-up a rule under the Public folder properties- there is a tab that has Folder Management. You can then setup a rule and reply with template. It will let me add the rule until I get to the very-end and then when trying to select OK - I recieve the message "Changes to the rule could not be saved" I have tried saving my template as rich text, oft (Template design) and text- but to no avail- It ...

Opening Other User's Folders
How do you as admin open other user's Inbox, Calendar, etc? I would like to do it 1 of 2 ways, Using FILE, OPEN, OTHER USERS FOLDER and by adding the additional mailbox to my profile. I have already assigned myself admin permissions at the Enterprise, Site and Configuration level. Thanks You need Service Account Admin permissions at the site level. -Peter "Scott" <scottcukier@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:37e501c42985$1cf56550$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you as admin open other user's Inbox, Calendar, > etc? > > I would like to do it 1 of ...

OWA 2003 #8
Is there a way in OWA2003 for you to add the FROM option on a new email? I have users that need to send from a certain email account, and I can't seem to see anyway for them to do that other than log on as that mailbox. I don't want them logging onto the mailbox, I just want them to send as (they can do this using the Outlook Client). I can't seem to find a way to add the FROM button to new emails. Thanks David Hello David, > Is there a way in OWA2003 for you to add the FROM option on a new > email? When speaking OWA I don't believe there is. -- Henrik Walther...

Personal Folders #3
A couple of years ago, I mistakenly added a second copy of Outlook to my system. This created a second set of personal folders. Outlook will not let me erase them, nor has uninstalling all of the Office suite helped. When I reopen Outlook the extra set of folders is still there. I have deleted the .pst files and Outlook keeps re-creating them. Now I have a new PDA and it will not establish conduits to syncronize with Outlook because it sees the false sets of .pst folders and determines that there are no other .pst's. Is this a registry problem? How can I rid myself of the ...

permissions and OWA
Last week I made some changes to permissions to accomodate a faxing software. Since then my OWA screen doesn't come up correctly. I can login to OWA but when the inbox screen shows up, it is only partial. I removed the OWA server, reinstalled the OS, and reinstalled OWA, but the same problem. I suspect it has to do with permissions that I changed last week. Is there a way of resetting the permissions in the system manager back to default? Thanks, Jeff P. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883380/en-us Nue "Jeff P" <JeffP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Emailing My Documents folder
Is it possible to email my entire My Documents folder to another computer in the office? We want to save it to a Zip disk but my computer doesn't have a Zip drive. However I can't seem to attach the folder as an attachment to my email (I use Outlook 2000). Any suggestions? ...

OWA broken after recent security patches
Has anyone else noticed that OWA breaks after applying the recent batch of MSFT patches? Behavior is that it'll work for a little while, and then either IIS stops responding entirely, or users get to the initial page, are prompted with the login box, but their mailbox is never returned? Odd thing is that rebooting the whole server fixes it briefly...and then the problem resurfaces. Help! Is there anything in the event logs to give any clues? "Administrivia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:982FF88D-F3F4-4081-9D81-3DD0FACEDF28@microsoft.com.....

sharing contacts folder between 2 accounts in windows xp with limited rights
With outlook 2003 I do most of my work in a limited rights user account. Can I access the same contacts file (outlook pst) in both admin right account and limited rights account? I need to sync with an old handpring visor that only works in admin account but I want to then use that same address book or contacts file in my limited account. Can I do the same with email, so that even If I get email from the admin account, it will appear seamlessly in the limited rights account. please advise Playing around a bit I see that I can add a second pst file with contacts into the admin ac...