OWA problem on front-end server

I'm currently running Exchange 2003 over Windows 2000 SP4
with a front-end server handling all the OWA and SSL.
I've foung that any email ending with ..EML as opposed
to .EML (note the extra dot) gets a 404 page not found.
However if I log into OWA on a backend server the same
email with the ..EML opens no problem.
If anyone has some insight into this problem I'd be
greatly appreciated.
0
dboiss (1)

Take a look at:

320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "David Boissonneault" <dboiss@wellwest.ca>
>Sender: "David Boissonneault" <dboiss@wellwest.ca>
>Subject: OWA problem on front-end server
>Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:42:53 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>
>I'm currently running Exchange 2003 over Windows 2000 SP4
>with a front-end server handling all the OWA and SSL.
>I've foung that any email ending with ..EML as opposed
>to .EML (note the extra dot) gets a 404 page not found.
>However if I log into OWA on a backend server the same
>email with the ..EML opens no problem.
>If anyone has some insight into this problem I'd be
>greatly appreciated.

0
rroddy (682)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Monitor Server in 2003?

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

exclude administrator login to OWA ?
Is it possible to prevent the Domain Administrator account (which has a mailbox) from being able to log on to OWA from outside ? This would be meant as a security precaution. Exch 2000, AD 2003. Thanks. On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:51:28 GMT, "JAQK" <johnny@tamtam.com> wrote: >Is it possible to prevent the Domain Administrator account (which has a >mailbox) from being able to log on to OWA from outside ? > >This would be meant as a security precaution. > >Exch 2000, AD 2003. > > > >Thanks. > > > In ADU&C on the Exchange server g...

Outlook, Palm Pilot, and Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook with an Exchange Server (2000 Small Business). I installed the software for the Palm Pilot and now it prompts with a dialog box for the user to chose the following when they reply, forward or reply to all on an e-mail message. A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (if you check the box) it gives 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes. If you say no it lets you reply, forward, and reply to all. This is a nuisance more than ...

Migrating Exchange servers
We are in the process of migrating to a new exchange server. The issue we are having is transfering the user's outlook (xp, 2k) address book/contact list to the new server without manually having to log into everyone's computer and pointing their address books to the new server. Is there a way to do this authomatically server-side? You're moving the mailboxes, right? The user's "address book" is the Contacts folder in the mailbox. So, there's nothing extra to move. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

how to view the stack when there is a messagebox in front
Have anyone tried breaking the execution when there is a messagebox popped up my the ::MessageBox(....) function or AfxMsgbox(...) The call stack just shows 7ffe0304() USER32! 77d746fe() USER32! 77d61e6d() Is there any easy way to see the call stack at this point.? thanks fleming Install the symbols for the OS files ( like user32.dll, kernel32.dll etc ). -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Fleming" <fleming@cswl.com> wrote in message news:O43WtieYDHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Have anyone tried breaking the execution when t...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file