OWA on E2k3 signature too big?!

 I have signature that OWA is saying that is too long.  It's not a
 legal disclaimber, but it a total of 270 characters including spaces.
 Can I make a change so that OWA will accept a signature this long?

Brad Palmer

"Brad Palmer" <brad_palmer2@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have signature that OWA is saying that is too long.  It's not a
> legal disclaimber, but it a total of 270 characters including spaces.
> Can I make a change so that OWA will accept a signature this long?

IIRC, you can change that value with this tool:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4bbe7065-a04e-43ca-8220-859212411e10&displaylang=en

If not, it's a registry setting (in the MSExchangeWEB keey, IIRC).

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

OWA Public Folders #2
I am running a Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2000. When I tried to access the public folders from OWA, I got an error. I then went to the Exchange server and checked the path for the Virtual Directory for Public . It stated that this was an invalid path. The path syntax looks okay; it is \\.\BackOfficeStorage\NETBOIS DOMAIN NAME\Public Folders, but it will not take this as a valid path. Is there something I can do to recreate this structure? ...

Still problem with OWA redirection-please help
Hi, I followed up this article "http://www.techtidbits.net/html/owa_security.html" to redirect my http://webmail.mydomain.com to https://webmail.mydomain.com/exchange, however only the /exchange part works, and it returns this error message and asks to put https:// The page must be viewed over a secure channel The page you are trying to access is secured with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Type https:// at the beginning of the address you are attempting to reach and press ...

Signatures #21
I have created a signature with a JPG at the bottom using the adv editor. In the signatures area this displays correctly. However, when I create a new email (default HTML format) the JPG is displayed as a box. If I change to Word as the email editor the signature displays correctly. As I do not want to use Word as the editor but HTML how do I sort this out??? Thanks Terry Terry <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a signature with a JPG at the bottom using the adv > editor. In the signatures area this displays correctly. However, when > I create a new ...

Runnig Anti-spyware software on E2K3
Has anyone attempted to run Spy-bot, Ad-Aware, or any other Anti-spyware software on an E2K3 Enterprise Edition server? Is there anything I should be aware of? I want to make sure Spy-Bot does not catch and remove any necessary processes that Exchange uses by accident. Thanks. Unless you are doing some serious internet browsing on your Exchange server, then I would not worry about puting an anti-spyware appplication on there. The server will not get infected with spyware from simply receiving e-mails. I'd leave it off personally. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Javier" &l...

E2K3
I use CSVDE to import contacts for organizations that my organization wants listed in the GAL. I have a "contacts" OU set up and within it I have an OU for each organization. When I do the import, the contact email addresses are changed from reflecting their domain to reflecting mine and therefore become useless. I'm sure there's probably a checkmark in a box somewhere to tell Exchange not to enforce mail address policies but I haven't found it. It would be great to be able to apply it at the "contacts" OU. Any ideas? What attribute do you import the Cont...

OWA
I am unable to log on to OWA from out side of my network, do I have to open any port for that? I thiught OWA is enabled by default on E2K3. I am able to log on when I do servername\exchange while I am in the network. I have a singel E2K3 server. Please let me know what I need to do. -- L You would need to open port 80 to your OWA server or preferably port 443 (SSL). Nue "Lino767" <Lino767@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ADFB922-1587-4F82-9642-5485E4603F9F@microsoft.com... >I am unable to log on to OWA from out side of my network, do I have to open &...

Public Folder access via OWA -Exchange 2003
Exchange 2003 When I enable a Public Folder for web anonymous acces through the OWA interface, every time anyone posts a message it appears under IUSR-SERVERNAME user. Our Exchange 2003 server did not function like this when it was initially setup. We have been able to do the above without seeing IUSR-SERVERNAME user. I did work with Microsoft PSS a few months ago on another Exchange 2003 issue. I had to uninstall and reinstall IIS as part of the troubleshooting procedure. Looks like something might have changed as a result. Since this time, I have not had a need to set up access t...

OWA #43
Hello, I have a OWA 5.5 running on a Windows 200 server, everythig works fine for a while until inetinfo.exe takes 100% of processor resources and I have to restart the serer, if I only try to restart www service it hangs. I have the latest patches and SPs for both the OWA and win2k. Is there a fix for this problem? Users cannot use OWA when inetinfo.exe takes 100% processor. Thanks Do you have any Outlook 2003 users? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=818709 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "MAX" <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:315D2A58-...

Big Buffer cache hit Ratio
I am using sys.dm_os_performance_counters and sys.sysperfinfo to obtain information for Buffer cache hit Ratio but I am very surpriced to se the values of 3000, 6000, 2888 and similar all greater than 1000 this is common behaviour on all my SQL 2005 servers - production and developement, On SQL server 2008 I see values that seems to be normal =55,66 As I know this value should be percentage so it sould be under 100. Any help will be apperiated. Ivan Can you post the output of select objtype, count(*) as number_of_plans, sum(cast(size_in_bytes as bigint))/1024/1024 as...

OWA #58
I was hoping that you might be able to help me out. We are using Exchange 2003 with OWA When my users reply to an email using OWA they get a "?" at the top of the message page. It seems to be almost every user. Any ideas? -- Thanks in advance would you please send to me an image for that one so that i can vie it this could give me a lot more ideas about the problem. Thank ...

ISA URL filter and OWA
I just discovered that a URLscan filter in an ISA server was filtering some OWA message requests. A user in the office could open messages fine, then would go home and not be able to open the same message (using OWA both places). This was only the case with some messages and attachments. Most messages got through fine. Has anybody else encountered this problem? I'm not all that up on ISA server .... but need to be. It's Exchange 2000 OWA and ISA 2000 server. Turning off the filter fixed the issue, but now I wonder if I'm left vulnerable to malformed URL attacks or some such...

Outlook XP Header is printed in big font
Hi, I'm using outlook XP, everytime I print the message, the header is always in much bigger font than body text. I don't know how that happens. Please help, Sarah Check your printer properties for how the header displays and adjust it accordingly. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I'm using outlook XP, everytime I print the message, the header is always in >much bigger font than body text. I don't know how that happens. > >Please help, >Sarah > > >. > ...

cannot open attachments via OWA
Have a curious situation. A user is complaining of cannot open attachments via OWA. That's through our company Exchange server (Exchange 2003). Now, on the very *same* laptop she is using, she can get attachments from another company's OWA. Very strange. What is the normal cause of this issue? ...

OWA and using Smart Card Login
I would like a brief checklist on how to go about using/implementing SCL with OWA. Our environment: Windows 2003 Server Exchange 2003 3rd party certificates are used All users currently use SCL to login at work. Thanks ! -- Jhonnyg This may help: Supporting Outlook Web Access with the S/MIME Control in Your PKI (Exchange Server Message Security Guide) http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3MsgSecGuide/42b8152a-681d-43db-a3d6-dd52900519fa.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog --------------------------...

OWA and Exchange 5.5 #2
I'm having problems with OWA hanging about twice a day.. The problem matches the Microsoft KB Article 184841 -- Which recommends installing the newest service patch for the OWA server.. When I attempt to do this.. I get a error message during the install. Error Message: Outlook Web Access Failed to Install Properly. The system cannot find the file specified. Microsoft Windows NT ID NO: 0xc0020002 I've double checked that I expanded all the Exchange SP4 files. Any ideas what is missing here? Thanks for your help! -Paul ...

OWA not working #4
I had to reinstall exchange 2003, but OWA is not working. I get a page can not be displayed on campus and off. Should there be files under IIS under default folder/exchange? If so, there is not. TIA, Darrin Burns There isn't anything that you'll "see" in the /exchange virtual directory. If OWA isn't working, and you've checked permissions, etc., you might consider removing/reinstalling IIS, then reinstalling Exchange. That will reset all OWA stuff. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Carlis Burns" <CarlisBurns@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

GAL thru OWA
GAL thru OWA is not showing more than 100 recipients. I guess it is by design but then there has to be a way to extend the list. Any help would be appreciated Asif Ali Ansari The Outlook Web Access address book provides search results that are normally limited to the first 100 entries that match the term being searched for. You can extend this to 1000 entries by using the OWA Admin tool. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4BBE7065-A04E-43CA-8220-859212411E10&displaylang=en Regards SuperPlay "Luzer" wrote: > GAL thru OWA is not showing more th...

How to preserve old OWA name after upgrade to owa2003-
Currently external users connect to OWA2000 by doing: http:\\mywebmail.company.com\exchange SSL certificate is generated as 'mywebmail'. Now I am installing *(2)* servers named OWA1 and OWA2, configured as NLB. "Cluster" name is MyOWA.company.com. In such NLB configuration, under what name should I generate my SSL certificates ?? Upon making the new OWA 2003 available, I want to keep http:\\mywebmail.company.com\exchange as the URL to access OWA. Please advise. As long as http:\\mywebmail.company.com\exchange points to the new single ip address of the cluster, it sho...

Change password in OWA #5
Hi all, Just wondering if you can help me. I've implemented the password change option in OWA 2003, but when I click on the change password button I get the IE credentials dialog box up, I then type in the required stuff then it takes me the change password page. Is this the way it should work with the credentials dialog box popping up? cheers On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 05:19:02 -0700, baz <baz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just wondering if you can help me. I've implemented the password change >option in OWA 2003, but when I click on the change pass...

OWA logon problem...
I have setup a Front-End exchange server and a Back-End exchange server in my company. I setup Basic Authentication in IIS and ESM (exchange system manager) for OWA users. Now the Windows XP users got problem to log onto OWA from FE (http://<front-end IP>/exchange), after they typed userID and password, the OWA is loading… but the log box pup-up again and keep asking for user name, password. when I typed userID and password but it is not working, the log box is still there and asking for…and the page is keep loading forever… But they don’t have any problems to log onto OWA from BE...

Entourage X (Mac) - OWA
I have a user that never sleeps. He has a G4 and is running OSX. On his OSX box he uses Entourage X to get sync his palm with Exchange and to get his email. When he is out of the office or on the road he is using OWA. He has added things into his calendar through OWA, which are not synchronizing into his Entourage and thus not going to his palm. I do wonder why he didn't just type them into his palm in the first place, but, he is a VP and I can't question his thinking. Is there a reason why the exchange server isn't talking to Entourage? He gets his email through there just fine, ...

Help with Messenger/Outlook Signature
I am trying to create a signature in Outlook that users can click on to add me to there contact list. The only two methods I know of use javascript or VB-Script. Neither of these work in outlook, most likely for security reasons. Is there a URI for Messenger like there is for AOL? I.E. aim:goim?screenname=my_screen_name&amp;message=Hi.+Are+you+there? This URI works great in an Outlook signature but is there a working equivalent for MSN Messenger that will work in Outlook? ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Ne...

I find a BIG bug of VS 2005 about string class!
I find a BIG bug of VS 2005 about string class! #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; string GetStr() { return string("Hello"); } int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { const char* p = GetStr().c_str(); cout << p << endl; cin.get(); } ============================ Run the code above, Dev C++ will normally output the string "Hello", however, VS 2005 should output an empty string! In my opinion, string class is vital to almost every C++ program, and VS 2005 as a C++ compiler is widely used by programmers, if string class is...

Insert signature #2
Is there a way to assign a hotkey to insert a signature? Stephen In what version of Outlook? With Word or the basic Outlook editor for = email messages? --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Stephen Green" <sgreen0NO@SPAMcharter.net> wrote in message = news:%23mTPvoihFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to assign a hotkey to insert a signature? >=20 > Stephen=20 >=20 > We're using MS Offi...

Outlook Signatures, the Font button is not available
Outllook 2003 was recently installed. Creating a new Signatures doesn't allow you to customize the font, Font button is grayed out. What's your default mail format? Try changing it to HTML or RTF before setting up signatures. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Monique" <Monique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9275C3C4-BCFE-41B0-97A6-D165DBB96444@microsoft.com... > Outllook 2003 was recently inst...