owa not resolving names properly

Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly -
the administrator at this site states:
> There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If
> we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e.
> jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved
> to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable.
>
> For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the
> address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com

The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but I thought I would
see if anyone has had this problem or know a fix.  My own site, has not had
his occur.  Thanks in advance.

Nancy Stevens
nstevens@tycoint.com

0
nstevens (97)

Name change in AD not reflected in CRM
We have a user that recently changed her name. This change was amended in the Active Directory but has not been reflected in MS CRM; the user is now unable to access CRM owing to this. It appears that the only way forward might be to create a new user account in CRM which seems pretty ludicrous. Has this happened to anyone else? Seems very odd. Any light shed on this issue will be appreciated. Kolla Was this done on SBS? I know that just going into AD Users & computers on a SBS server is Not Good. Beyond that, if you change it back, does their login work? "Kolla" wrote: ...

OWA and RemapUrl tool
Hi, I am trying to use the RemapUrl tool from the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit to set up OWA aliases for our website. For example, the full URL for our OWA is "http://webmail.{fully qualified domain name}/exchange." I want to set it up so that when a user types in "webmail.{fully qualified domain name}" it will automatically forward them to the full URL. At this time, all users have to type in the full URL in order to access OWA. I followed the RemapUrl tool directions verbatim to no avail. If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- Peter...

exchange 2000 owa authentication problem
OWA web access works fine internally on the local server but I cant get it to work externally. When you connect remotely the web page appears sometimes allowing you to view the owa but wont let you open email password box comes up and stops access .sometimes you cant even get that far and the page wont even load Does any one have any ideas Hi When you say externally, do you mean from the internet? If so is there a firewall? Is there an exchange front end server? What sort of authentication have you set? M "jleasy" wrote: > OWA web access works fine internally on the local ...

Hlp! Named range Advanced Filter Criterion
Hello, I'm trying to use a named range for my criterion in an advanced filter, to no avail. Here is what I'd like to do: I have a single cell that is named SpecDate. On another worksheet, I have an advanced filter where I would like to specify >SpecDate. If I key the date in manually no problem. But the moment I use a named range, it doesn't work. Are named ranges allowable in Adv Filter criteria? Thanks! Try =">" & SelectDate "Joyce" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to use a named range for my crite...

match a name and return a tel number?
I am trying to match a list of names to return a number. I have tried an IF but I can't nest more than 7 I have tried lookup but it is not anexact match Match is no good as it gives a relative position What is the right function/formula for this? Thanks HELP>VLOOKUP "Al" wrote: > I am trying to match a list of names to return a number. > I have tried an IF but I can't nest more than 7 > I have tried lookup but it is not anexact match > Match is no good as it gives a relative position > What is the right function/formula for this? > Thanks > Hi Al...

template with name-inputfield. Outlook 2000
I am sending the same message for many customers, and the only difference is the name. But the name is written several times in the message. Is it possible to make a template or anything like that, so I only have to change the name once, and then it changes for the whole document? This sounds like a good task for a Word mail merge. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "alko" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Save File in Desired Location & Name
Hi, Need ur help to design macro which can save the file in desired location & save with desired name. I do run a Macro on daily basis, which pulls data from system based on Yesterday dates. Can you please write a macro. File Name Should be : Tariff IHE - "Yesterday Date" File Location : C:My Documents/Reports/ Best Regards, Kam Change the names to protect the innocent: Sub SaveProperly() Dim wb As Workbook, dt As String Set wb = ActiveWorkbook st = Format(Date - 1, "mm_dd_yyyy") fname = "C:\Documents and Settings\jravensw\Desktop\Tariff IHE...

File name list in the open dialog box.
In the open dialog box, how to delete the list of files appearing in the file name drag down menu in excel 2007? Not sure where you are finding this list. Do you mean the Recent Documents you see when you click on the Button? You can clear that by setting your MRU list to 0 under Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display. If you mean the list you see when you go to Button>Open then you will have to set a new default file path to a folder that is empty. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:10:01 -0800, Acs <Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

viewing new Address List in OWA
I am running Exchange 2003 server Enterprise and have just created a new address list in System Manager called 'Students'. This address list shows up in the regular Outlook client, but not in OWA. How can I get this to show up in OWA? Also, is there a way to exclude these addresses which are in the 'Students' address list from showing up in the GAL? It seems redundant to have them show up in their own address list as well as the GAL. thanks ! chris No address lists "show up" in OWA - you can't browse the Default GAL or any address lists in OWA. You sho...

easy way to find location of the named cells?
Is there an easy way to find the location of a named cell? If I am looking for a cell named SOMECELL. I cannot just select it in the "Name Box" on the formula bar. Because it will change the current cell to that name. is there a good way to find the location? or get to the location? thanks Maybe you'd be better off using: Insert|Name|Define and looking at that list. or... Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp It'll make working with names much ea...

SQL form code not working properly
Hello. I am using the following code in a form in OnCurrent and AfterUpdate field. However, when it is initiated, I receive a debug error. Any idea what I am doing wrong with this or how I can change it to make it work? Thanks. On Current and Type_AfterUpdate Private subs Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.Type = "Oil" Then Me.Gallon_Rate.Enabled = True Me.Gallon_Quantity.Enabled = True Me.Total_Cost.Enabled = True Me.Bill_Period_Start.Enabled = False Me.Bill_Period_End.Enabled = False Me.KWH.Enabled = False Me.Charges.Enabled = False ElseIf Me.Type = ...

XPSViewer Does Not Open Properly
Running Windows XP with Internet Explorer 7 Whenever I click on an XPS file, it brings up Internet Explorer which then says that it cannot display the website. I have gone into Folder Options - Files Types. It shows XPS files to open with the XPS viewer. Same thing if I right click on the file and use the Open With. I want to get this working as I have a laptop with Windows 7, and for some reason I cannot get a PDF printer to install. Thanks On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:59:01 -0800 (PST), Rich <dickwyll@dickwyll.cnc.net> wrote: >Running Windows XP with Internet Explor...

Tool bar Company Name #2
Hi we have more than 8 companies in Great Plains I have create a report using Crystal report I want to know how I can I add tool bar company name to VBA editor Regards Srinivasan Search for RetrieveGlobals on MBS customersource or partnersource This is a DLL that you download to be used in DynamicsGP VBA. This DLL allows you to know which company you are currently logged into. ------ Robert "Srinivasan" <Srinivasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C26D8B91-DA9C-48D0-8194-2F0C70C3DF21@microsoft.com... > Hi we have more than 8 companies in Great Plai...

send to group members without their names showing
Hi. How do you send an email in OE to a group and not have everyone's name show up in the "to:" field ? I'd like every member of the group to see only their own name in the email. Thanks; Pat Use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) field "Pat Jones" <Pat@marketingguy.org> wrote in message news:uUhfyQ7tFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > How do you send an email in OE to a group and not have everyone's name > show up in the "to:" field ? I'd like every member of the group to see > only their own name in the email. ...

Buliding A Search For A Field Name and Extract Contents
I have to compare different tests we give our middle school students. I have a form with 155 Fields. I have to seach each field (That fit 5 catagories) to see what the contents are and then find the range(s) which are stored in a table. Here is the code I have so far. Rem: Store All The Field Names for a catagory. The Contents of Me!TxtAC09 is 356. Rem: I Check every field of a catagory Set. Do Until IndxA = 20 IndxA = IndxA + 1 If IndxA < 10 Then HldField = "TxtAC0" & IndxA Else ...

Gord D. "A document with the name "*.xls " is already open " ...etc
I posted this question originally on Nov 20th and received a reply from Gord Dibben ( Thanks) The Tools option " ignore other applications" is not checked and regserver doesn't seem to do anything I should have specified I'm using Office '97 Pro in WinXP ( Full install) The problem surfaced while I was using my previous OS Win98SE When opening XL I get the following message ............ "A document with the name "*.xls " is already open " ...etc I've learned to ignore the message and it doesn't seem to affect anything BUT does anyone k...

Turn On A UserForm If Any Values Changes Within A Named Range
Greetings, I have an entry sheet that calls up several UserForms to help enter in data. In redesigning this sheet, I realized that I don't know how to use an entry into a cell within a named range to trigger a UserForm to become visible. Right now, I have three Command Buttons (Button 1, Button 2 and Button 3). Button's 1 & 2 will make themselves not visible and make the CommandButton called "SAVE" visible - these work fine. It is Button 3 that needs the adjustment. At present, by pushing it, I go directly to the next step in the entry process. This is a mistake. ...

Exchange Resolving Recipients Hidden from GAL
We have some mail-enabled users (who have forwarding addresses to addresses outside of our Exchange organization). These individuals are hidden from our GAL. When a message is sent from outside the organization to an Exchange recipient, and one of the above mail-enabled users is included as a recipient, Exchange is resolving their name. Therefore, the recipient list includes the display name of the AD object rather than the original name/address supplied by the sender. We were hoping that if an individual was hidden from the GAL, Exchange would also not resolve that name (at least, ...

show address emails suggestions when typing name in to or cc
Can not get outlook 07 to suggest email addresses when I type a name into to or cc? "shasta" <shasta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:160A4F61-5B0C-4539-90F1-E67EBB80152C@microsoft.com... > Can not get outlook 07 to suggest email addresses when I type a name into > to > or cc? > > Is this a new installation? it only shows them after you've sent messages to those people. Unless the profile is corrupt. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-t...

Enhanced Proper Case
Enhanced Proper Case I am looking for a macro to enhance the "Proper" case function or code. What I would like to do is take a cell entry and change it to proper case but leave certain words lower case, for example: The quick brown fox and the hare Changed to: The Quick Brown Fox and the Hare I would like to have a list of words (" and ", " the ", " of ", etc. <the spaces assist in only changing the words within the string>) in a sheet that I can add to to create my word exclusions, much the same way that the networkdays function uses a list for ho...

Restricting OWA Address List
I am managing an Exchange 2003 cluster for a local college. We have to maintain address books on the server with contact information for the other colleges in our state, however, our users don't need access to those address books. They would be fine using only the GAL. So permissions were set on the other address books, which works fine in the outlook client, but, as I'm sure some of you know already, outlook web access completely bypasses those permissions. So when a user logged into OWA and typed "Bob Smith" into the To: line, messages would get sent to Bob Smith at another...

OWA Patch 818709 for Ex55sp4
When applying Exchange 5.5 CDO Patch 2657.55 indicated in kb818709 (OWA stops when accessisng a mailbox previously accessed by Outlook 2003), does the patch get applied only to the OWA box, to all Exchange 5.5 servers, or both? Thanks. "Sarge" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6192E97C-FC76-454D-A33A-F10586ED7CFC@microsoft.com... > When applying Exchange 5.5 CDO Patch 2657.55 indicated in kb818709 (OWA stops when accessisng a mailbox previously accessed by Outlook 2003), does the patch get applied only to the OWA box, to all Exchange 5.5 servers, ...

OWA password change #3
Hello - I implemented the feature for our remote users to change their account passwords thru OWA. This works great however, whenever a user logs into their computer, the new password does not work, the old one does. I'm thinking this is because the account can't be authenticated with the domain. Let me explain our setup. We have our corporate office that houses all of the servers, etc. We just expanded and have another office across the state. We have a direct vpn connection from that office to our office here, so users can see our network. I'm not sure if this was ...

Personal Name Shows Instead of Shared Mailbox when using SendAs
I recently added an SMTP alias address (test@XXX.org) to a user's account. It was then decided that the mailbox should be a dedicated mailbox, not an alias. I deleted the alias from the user and waited a day. I then created the mailbox with the same address (test@XXX.org) and gave the same user SendAs permissions. When the users sends from that mailbox using the From field in Outlook, the message still appears to be coming from her. When I send from that mailbox using my SendAs permissions, everything functions fine. I have a feeling some directory in Exchange is still associa...

<Refresh All> not working properly
Hello I have a number of web queries in a single Excel worksheet. If I select <Refresh All> then some update but some don't. If I refresh them individually then thye work fine. Any reason for this and how may I get around this? Regards Alex ...