OWA not finishing loading messages

I am using SBS 2003. OWA has been working correctly for days (a miracle in
itself, I think :-) )
Today, we have the same problem on all machines inside or outside the LAN.
We get the message "Loading..." and no messages show up on the Outlook
desktop.
If I switch to Calendar, I get "Updating view..." forever
If I switch to Contact, I get "loading..." forever.

We enabled new virus scanning software: TREND MICRO Office Scan, and wonder
if that could be a problem?
- Frank

0
fjr (2)

Frank Rudolph wrote:
> I am using SBS 2003. OWA has been working correctly for days (a
> miracle in itself, I think :-) )
> Today, we have the same problem on all machines inside or outside the
> LAN. We get the message "Loading..." and no messages show up on the
> Outlook desktop.
> If I switch to Calendar, I get "Updating view..." forever
> If I switch to Contact, I get "loading..." forever.
>
> We enabled new virus scanning software: TREND MICRO Office Scan, and
> wonder if that could be a problem?

Not sure, but when you installed it on the server (I presume this is part of
the Trend client/server/messaging suite, and officescan itself is installed
on the server?) you must exclude the Exchange database, log, queue folders,
at minimum or you will run into many problems. See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328841 for help -
it's written for E2k so ignore mention of the M drive, but the rest still
applies.

> - Frank

0
lanwench (7567)
6/21/2004 3:18:11 PM
Actually, this was far easier than I thought it would be!
Simply go to Int. Explorer and select Tools, Internet Options, General,
Delete Files and Cookies (all offlne content)
After this, OWA works fine!!!
- Frank Rudolph

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Frank Rudolph wrote:
> > I am using SBS 2003. OWA has been working correctly for days (a
> > miracle in itself, I think :-) )
> > Today, we have the same problem on all machines inside or outside the
> > LAN. We get the message "Loading..." and no messages show up on the
> > Outlook desktop.
> > If I switch to Calendar, I get "Updating view..." forever
> > If I switch to Contact, I get "loading..." forever.
> >
> > We enabled new virus scanning software: TREND MICRO Office Scan, and
> > wonder if that could be a problem?
>
> Not sure, but when you installed it on the server (I presume this is part
of
> the Trend client/server/messaging suite, and officescan itself is
installed
> on the server?) you must exclude the Exchange database, log, queue
folders,
> at minimum or you will run into many problems. See
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328841 for help -
> it's written for E2k so ignore mention of the M drive, but the rest still
> applies.
>
> > - Frank

0
fjr (2)

Narrative Box In New Message...
Good day to all, Here's my problem. I connect to two different Web Access servers to retrieve email at times. One server is running Outlook 2000 and the other 2003. Although I have had no problems doing this in the past from my laptop, one fine day, I was unable to write narrative in the message window. If I open a "new message", "reply" or "forward", the message box opens but the narrative box is gray, has the small x on the top left and I cannot type in it. This only happens from my laptop. I don't know if it matters but I run W2K and Office 2000...

why might a signature disappear when replying to a message?
My boss says that when she replies to my messages, her signature disappears from the e-mail. Apparently, this doesn't happen when she replies to other people. Does anyone know why this might be? Is she replying to the other messages or is she composing new ones. She may not have a signature assigned for "replies and forwards" but has one for "Signatures for new messages." This can be found under Tools -> Options -> Mail format. Look for "Signature for replies and forwards" under the Signature section. Make sure there is a signature chosen and tha...

money 2004: Overdue message on bill and deposits view
Hi All, I searched the user group, but found nothing. I am hoping that someone may be able to help me resolve this issue. In the Bill and Deposits view, when a bill is overdue an annoying overdue message is displayed under the bill entry. Is there any way to shut that overdue message off? Thx, Paul Pay the bill? Beyond that, no. "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025401c3bba4$0491f1d0$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I searched the user group, but found nothing. I am > hoping that someone may be able to help me resolve this > issue. ...

OWA Log Off
I am setting up an Exchange Server 2003 machine, and have a question regarding OWA. I can connect to the OWA site with no problems and everything is working great. But, when I click on the log off button, IE brings up a connect to server window asking for a user name and password. Does anybody know what I might have screwed up? Thanks for your help. Jeff Hi, See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325906 Leif "Jeff Grossman" <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote in message news:h65c2298li15p946hau8nek1iu5v8q1q6b@4ax.com... >I am setting up an Exchange Server ...

Error message from ActiveSync
I've suddenly started getting the following error while my WM 6.1 smartphone (HTC Touch Pro 2) is cradled via its USB cable, referring to 'Support code 85010014' http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/AS-Problem.jpg The error only seems to arise when Outlook 2002 is not running. As far as I know, Outlook 2002 only runs when I start it to add an occasional task or appointment, which is all I use it for. I used Outlook 2002 > Help > Detect & Repair, but that doesn't seem to have solved the problem. Can anyone help to identify and fix this please? I've also posted in mi...

My new incoming messages (unread) are no longer bold
I'm having font troubles in Outlook 7. My new incoming messages (unread) are no longer bold. I also want to change the font in the header to make it NOT bold! Help?? Firedancer <Firedancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm having font troubles in Outlook 7. My new incoming messages > (unread) are no longer bold. The most common cause of this is some application scanning incoming mail or touching it somehow, like a Blackberry sync tool. > I also want to change the font in the header to make it NOT bold! Help?? You just said it was not bold, so isn't i...

OWA 5.5 Worked with Win2k clients until upgraded to 2003!
Hello -- We have 2 Windows 2000 computers that use a dial-up connection from Netscape as it's ISP but IE as the browser (IE6.0.28). When connecting to the OWA server, they are given the three box login page "Username/Password/Domain". Back when it was Exchange 5.5, they were able to log in just fine. But now that it's Exchange 2003, everytime they try to use the login credentials to access that mailbox, they get page cannot be displayed. Any ideas? "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: >We have 2 Windows 2000 computers that use a dial-u...

outlook 2003 wont load after upgrade from outlook xp(2002?)
I upgrade to the "new and improved" office 2003 profesional from Office Pro Xp. After the upgrade Outlook 2003 "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook" mesage comes ALL the time I have run the installation with all the options available repair, re-installed, bla bla. Without any luck can anyone give me a clue? I am very close to return the product and go back to XP. I am running WinXP as my OS. does the message say anything more than that? did you try a new profile? control panel, mail - create a new profile, don't copy your current one. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP...

OWA and searching Contacts address book
Hi, all! Using OWA to access Exchange Server 2k3 on back end. Can't seem to locate a definite answer to this issue, so thought I'd try here. When performing a search of the OWA address books (Global or personal Contacts), none of the searches appear to Find any addresses in the personal Contacts book. This is replicable across multiple accounts. Is this a known problem, or just an Exchange setting that's gone awry? Thanks! Jack OWA is Exchange, 100%. Try an Exchange group. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JackBlack" <jackisback@hotmail.com> wrote in me...

Merging two message stores
I have two message stores for Windows Mail on my hard drive. I am using one as my current store. The other one I had used a while ago and then abandoned to try other email processors. When I resumed using Mail I started anew. Don't ask me why. I now would like to import the messages from the old store into my current store. Can you suggest a way I might do that? Paul pcrable wrote: > I have two message stores for Windows Mail on my hard drive. I am using > one as my current store. The other one I had used a while ago and then > abandoned to try other email ...

Move and Follow message
How can you move a message form your inbox and automatically follow it. Thta way your response is automatically saved in the subject folder. ...

Custom Status Bar message for Bob Philips
Hello Bob, I tried to send you an email as mentioned in the mssgs from 29-9-2003. Seems that I can't send it. It was about the codse in my This Workbook code and the code you posted. Hope you remember. Bert ...

How to unerase erased email messages?
I was setting up my dell axim to access my exchange box via pop3 and it downloaded my entire inbox. So I deleted all 1000 messages on my axim because its limited on space. I come into work today and my inbox is empty. How do I get my messages back or am I screwed You are probably going to have to restore from backup. Bob "David Lewis" <*@*.*> wrote in message news:dd64q0lthnkgg8jmplad4u8sdo0100ujru@4ax.com... > I was setting up my dell axim to access my exchange box via pop3 and it downloaded my entire inbox. > So I deleted all 1000 messages on my axim because its li...

OWA 2000 office viewers
Hi, In Exchange 5.5 OWA we installed the Word and Excel viewers on the OWA server so users who didn't have MS Office at home were able to view the documents in their browser. Our new enviroment consists of a Windows 2000 SP4 Cluster with Exchange 2000 Enterprise SP3 with the latest roll-up patches as a backend server. As a front-end server we have a Windows 2000 SP4 server with Exchange 2000 Enterprise SP3 with the latest roll-up patches. The front-end server does not have a store running, but functions just as OWA. Connections between servers use SSL. I can't find any info on the ...

unsent messages going to drafts when leaving & coming back to it
This just started this week. When I am in the process of composing an outlook message and have to leave it to go to another application. When I try to go back to it by clicking the Microsoft icon at bottom of page, it is gone. Unsent messages used to always be there. It automatically goes to drafts. But there is a delay of about 3 minutes before it goes to drafts, so it is "lost" for that time. Before I discovered this, I was retyping messages. What has changed? "jetset99" <jetset99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F27B468C-CAD...

Open message to MVPs and other Excel Experts
I have been on these boards (or newsgroups) for the last month or so an like a lot of others before me have found them to be very useful. My personal quest for an easier life has been helped quite a few time and I feel very humbled indeed. I do however find myself wondering about some of the 'names' wh feature regularly on these groups and would like to know more abou them. In other words things like ... Where you live in the world. Wha motivates you to help others like me day in and day out. Do you hav day jobs where you ply your trade and then come onto these boards i your spare ...

OWA (Outlook Web Access)
I have been asked to setup OWA for users to access their mail from home. Im not sure which is the best way to go about this, i have read some info which says it is best behind a DMZ and others that disagree due to the ports you have to open. We are only a small organization(100 users), iam just hoping someone can point me in the right direction and maybe provide me with some sites which can talk me through installations etc. Thankyou in advance Simon Dean On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:06:01 -0700, "Simon Dean" <SimonDean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been asked...

Outlook 2003
This grouping does not actually group the messages marked for deletion together like previous versions of outlook. I there a fix for this or has someone figured out how to make them actually group. Did you refresh the view? Outlook doesn't instantly updateviews like before - you need (eave the folder and return or F5. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

Finding a missing message
Searching for messages about assigning categories, I found a reference to a message on 11/4 on the subject "assign payee." But I can't find that message and I can't find anything when I search that phrase. So where is it? In Money 2007 I'm trying to associate some payees with my own categories so that the category will be entered correctly and automatically. Try Google Groups. "Windwatcher" <djpal1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:PoGdnXDkDJaBEcvYnZ2dnUVZ_vGdnZ2d@comcast.com... > Searching for messages about assigning categories, I found...

Outlook generates error message on closedown
Hi I am using Outlook 2007 under Vista Home Premium. Recently, whenever I close the program down after working with it for a while, an error message appears on my desktop saying "Outlook has stopped working - Windows is searching for a reason". This happens about every third or fourth time I close the program and irrespective of whether I use File/Exit or click on the close button top right. There is a button in the error message box which reads "Close Outlook" (even though Outlook is, in fact, already closed!) and clicking on this makes the error message box vanish. Thi...

warning message #4
We are getting a warning message when we hit new email in outlook 2003 this has happened since we loaded adobe acrobat pro 6.0 message is A program is trying to access your e-mail addresses you have stored in oulook. Do you want to allow this? Any way to get rid of this? Thanks You might want to check with Adobe and see if they have any updates to the Acrobat software that work around the Outlook security prompts. If you want to read more about this particular Outlook security feature, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook ...

Outlook slow message display
Up until about a week ago, I was able to page through my outlook emails very quickly. Then something happened. Now it takes about 10 seconds to display the next email after I click delete or an arrow button. I have checked my DLS speed, I have checked my browser performance, and I have upgraded my messenger. No problems seem to exist outside of outlook. Any suggestions... ....Don ...

outlook bug with attached message #2
I have recently tripped over a bug in outlook 2003 sp1. Here is how I duplicate the issue. a) Creat a new task item. b) drag and drop an email message into the task note area c) left click, hold and drag the message, and then release mouse button. d) now the attached message appears like an image with the small black square handles in corners and on sides. At this point, I can no longer double click, or right click to open the attached message. Once this occurs, the message I dropped into the task is no longer available. It seems that the link to the message gets destroyed and now I ...

Quota Message Service RCP Error
I installed Quota Message Service for customizing quota error messages. I have two problems: 1) When I try to start it from ESM I get a "RCP Error ocurred". I didn't find any errors in the Event Viewer. 2) In the instructions it's not clear how to customize the messages. This is what I've done: - I import the .pst using Outlook - I see now a "QuotaMessages" folder containing 1033 - The 1033 has a 3 files with 3 attachments. I can modify two attachments, but the third one is read-only (mail named ExText) Do I have to modify...

OWA Users have full access to other users folders
I have an Exchange 2003 Server with users using a mix of Outlook 2003 and OWA for email access. The users' calendars are shared company-wide for read/write access, while all other folders are restricted to no access/invisible. These restrictions work fine throughout the company when using Outlook. However, if any user browses to an address such as: https://exchange/user_name/calendar they are presented with the standard OWA login screen. After logging in with their own account, they are able to view and interact with any other account specified by the "user_name" above. Th...