OWA message "OK" after sending email

Hello,

This weekend I started getting a message in my OWA.  After I write an email
and send it, spell check will run then I get a popup message that simply
says OK with a box to click that also says ok.  If I then click OK, my email
screen is still showing, however I found the email had already sent.  If I
once again hit send, just for fun, I will then get a popup that says
Resource Not Found with an ok button.  The point is, my email message window
never goes away, I have to manually close it.   I am running windows XP SP2,
and connecting into Exchange 2003 SP1.  The only thing I have changed, and
yes it is a big change, is I updated to IE 7 RC1.  Has anyone else come
across this, and if so found a way around it?

Thanks,

Tim

0
tim8233 (9)

In news:12f5qaateigr1c3@corp.supernews.com,
Tim <tim@dansko.com> typed:
> Hello,
>
> This weekend I started getting a message in my OWA.  After I write an
> email and send it, spell check will run then I get a popup message
> that simply says OK with a box to click that also says ok.  If I then
> click OK, my email screen is still showing, however I found the email
> had already sent.  If I once again hit send, just for fun, I will
> then get a popup that says Resource Not Found with an ok button.  The
> point is, my email message window never goes away, I have to manually
> close it.   I am running windows XP SP2, and connecting into Exchange
> 2003 SP1.  The only thing I have changed, and yes it is a big change,
> is I updated to IE 7 RC1.  Has anyone else come across this, and if
> so found a way around it?
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

If this doesn't happen in IE6, then I think you have your answer :)
Generally speaking, you don't want to run beta software on computers you
really care about or use regularly.

0
lanwench (7567)
8/28/2006 1:07:52 PM
Yeah, I remembered I put that on there half way through the message.
Figured I would still post it for others to see in case they are thinking
about installing the new version or have the same issue.

Thanks,

Tim

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> In news:12f5qaateigr1c3@corp.supernews.com,
> Tim <tim@dansko.com> typed:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This weekend I started getting a message in my OWA.  After I write an
>> email and send it, spell check will run then I get a popup message
>> that simply says OK with a box to click that also says ok.  If I then
>> click OK, my email screen is still showing, however I found the email
>> had already sent.  If I once again hit send, just for fun, I will
>> then get a popup that says Resource Not Found with an ok button.  The
>> point is, my email message window never goes away, I have to manually
>> close it.   I am running windows XP SP2, and connecting into Exchange
>> 2003 SP1.  The only thing I have changed, and yes it is a big change,
>> is I updated to IE 7 RC1.  Has anyone else come across this, and if
>> so found a way around it?
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tim
>
> If this doesn't happen in IE6, then I think you have your answer :)
> Generally speaking, you don't want to run beta software on computers you
> really care about or use regularly.

0
tim8233 (9)

excel vba
When I open my vba project, a window pops up asking me if I want to lin the workbooks, or just continue and don't link them. I don't want t link them, how do I stop this screen from coming up -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You should always mention your Excel version. In Excel 2002 and 2003 use Startup Prompt feature in the Edit, Links dialog. The only other way to suppress the dialog is by opening the file with a macro which is probably not worth the bother. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "chief >" <<chief.1657li@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote i...

Outlook 2002 Out of Office Assistant Error Message
I am currently running Outlook 2002 connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server. Out of Office Assistant is installed and was working normally. I have just returned from travel and attempted to turn Out of Office Assistant off. I now receive the following error message. "The command is not available. See the program dicumentation about how to use this extension." So far none of the online troubleshooting has resolved this problem. What does this message mean, and is my problem with my Outlook 2002 or MS Exchange Server? stgislander ...

Outlook 2007 imap and send items
Hi, I have a laptop with Outlook 2007 configured as a imap client. This works well and nearly all mails send out is placed on the local machine psdt file in send items (and not on the imap server) and this is the way it must work in this setup. But if I send a mail from IE 8 via the Menu > File > send > via email none of these mesages is placed in the local send items folder (or anywhere else) and if I send mails from Outlook attached with pictures these have the same problem. Any clue why these types of mails are not placed in the "send" folder? Regards Robert ...

Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2003 on New PC
My old PC has Outlook 2003 and my NEW PC has Outlook 2003. I want to import/migrate my emails and addresses from the OLD PC to the NEW PC. The import options assume you are using older versions of email applications so I have had no success. Copy pst to hd,ensure read only off, then open in OL "John" <jcarruthers@terrasolutionsonline.com> wrote in message news:5e0c01c491fd$e52c36d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My old PC has Outlook 2003 and my NEW PC has Outlook > 2003. I want to import/migrate my emails and addresses > from the OLD PC to the NEW PC. > The import ...

Totally blank emails in Outlook 2007 04-05-10
I use Hotmail and when I see my e-mails from website, I can read all of them. But when I open outlook 2007, some e-mails donot have any contents and subjects. Although the contents and subjects are in web site, they in outlook are missed(blank) but date and data were existed. ...

An Outlook Task error message
I assigned an Outlook task to another employee at my company. When she tried to accept or delete it, she got the following error message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook" Well, of course, restarting did no good. Also, if she just tries to open the task in her inbox, she gets an error message saying "Can't open this item" -- another really helpful Microsoft error message. We are running Outlook 2003 under Microsoft Exchange Server. Am I the only one this has happened to? Thanks - Frank ...

sending items when outlook is not open
Hi. I am running outlook 2000, set up as internet only. I have a dsl internet connection. When I use outlook as my default mail client, and want to send say a webpage as a link, or a file from a folder, but don't have outlook open, the message is put in the outbox in outlook, not sent when I hit send. Then when I open outlook, since I have send messages immediately when connected checked, it sends the message. Same thing with a file that is in folder. Since it is sometimes a pain to have outlook open while browsing the internet, is there a way around this so that when I hit the send b...

email name lookup
How can I edit out names that I no longer require from the auto name lookup list. The names are no longer in my contact file but they are still looked up after I type a few characters. Thanks Use arrow keys to highlight, then Delete key "chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e8d01c48eba$2e9451f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How can I edit out names that I no longer require from the > auto name lookup list. The names are no longer in my > contact file but they are still looked up after I type a > few characters. > > Thanks ...

Missing Send/Receive Outlook 2003
My new Outlook 2003 has no send/receive button. Also it's not available to be added with any of the customize tool bars--totally gone. Spent 3 hours with Dell help and no fix. Uninstalled Earthlink and Business Contact Manager; uninstalled/reinstalled Outlook 2003, Office 2003 and Microsoft patches--still a totally broken software system. BROKEN FROM INITIAL SETUP and has never functioned on the new machine. Poor QA from Microsoft or Dell or what? Have you tried creating a new mail profile under Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles->Add? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

Text disappearing from outlook messages
Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) At the moment we click "send" some text of our email messages disappears. The message with half the body goes away and is received with incomplete text. Reviewing in the "sent items": part of the text is gone. Do I need an update? ...

This has me stumped..Error Message on starting outlook
I get the following error message when I start Outlook CiceroUIWndFrame Outlook.Exe The Procedure entry point GETIUMS could not be located in the dynamic linklibrary MSDART.DLL I click ok and it keeps coming up for a few times then stops. Does this ring any bells? Search this group for an answer from Neo-MVP Outlook earlier today. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Darron ask...

OWA shows calendar prior to Feb 2006, but Outlook App shows only more recent items. Why ?
If a certain user goes to OWA 2003, she can view all items on her calendar back from September 2005 and earlier. Now if she uses Outlook Application in a brand new installed image, calendar item is visible only related to Feb 2006. Can someone explain this ? Initially I thought that could be an archive issue, that if that was the case, OWA should also display only more recent items. It seems user did not report this correctly. Only recurring items from 2005 can be seen in OWA. "Marlon Brown" <MarlonBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ut3xXO40GHA...

Outlook error message
Whenever I try to send a new email from Outlook, go and click on NEW, I get the Outlook error message: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? Then, no matter if you click yes or no, the new message window opens. I've never seen this before, and it is most annoying. Please help! Pat http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal accou...

draft messages don't close when outlook closes
how can i make sure my draft messages close when i exit outlook 2003? thanks. Did you close them first? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, raghav.sapra@gmail.com asked: | how can i make sure my draft messages close when i exit outlook 2003? | thanks. ...

Outlook Mailbox Rules Cause Deleted Email Attachments!!!!!
We are having a major issue as a result of installing the Exchange Router and creating the mailbox rules that forward a copy of the email message to the Microsoft CRM Router. Some interesting facts: * This problem did not start occurring until we installed the Exchange Router * We can consistently duplicate this problem with all of our CRM users, but there is not problem with other users in our organization who are not exchange users * I am a CRM user but I do not have the mailbox rules installed, and the problem is NOT occurring for me We had our infrastructure team do some more resear...

How to access outlook email at work from home
Is it possible to access work accout from outlook from home computer with two users What type of account do you have at work? If you have exchange server, you may have either OWA or Outlook anywhere access. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email a...

Web Link in Outlook Email takes long time?
Using Outlook 2003. I have a farily high end system but when clicking on a web link in an Outlook email it takes possibly 15-30 seconds for the browser to open and go to the web page. Why is this? Is there a setting to improve on this? No setting really. Thankfully, Outlook 2007 is much better. "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:uJIblvufIHA.4728@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Outlook 2003. I have a farily high end system but when clicking on > a web link in an Outlook email it takes possibly 15-30 seconds for the > browser to...

Outlook 2002 Must Manually hit the Send/Receive button
Recently, even though my Outlook mail set-up is suppose to schedule an automatic send/receive every 1 minute, no messages will come in or out unless I manually hit the send/receive button including when I first open Outlook. This is a new problem that occured without making any changes to my prior Outlook settings. Any suggestions? Hi, Try increasing the time to 2 minutes. It might take some time more than 1 min to download the stuff from your server. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Frustrated" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Recover Emails In Outlook Express
I have saved all of my .dbx files in Outlook Express to a CD and had to reload Windows XP. How can I reload my .dbx email folders back into Outlook Express. I have put the files back into to my "stored folders" location but when I open Oultook my folders are not there. "Paul" <paul_b777@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:019001c3af87$735ff4a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have saved all of my .dbx files in Outlook Express to a > CD and had to reload Windows XP. How can I reload my .dbx > email folders back into Outlook Express. I have put the > files back ...

Outlook getting 'timeouts' when sending email
Hi All, I recently moved from a 20gb drive to a 60 gb drive in my laptop. To do this I needed to run sysprep. Since moving, IE6 and Outlook XP have been failing to retain passwords. Every time I restart my pc and try to send/receive the password dialog box pops up even though I have typed my email passwords into the accounts.. The other bigger problem is Outlook has been getting timeout errors when sending 200K+ attachments. I have tried increasing the timeout on the send in the outlook accounts with no luck. The send still seems to go through but the email does not arrive with the attachm...

Outlook Express 6 will not open from desktop icon
When I click on the desktop icon for Microsoft Outlook Express 6, it will not open, and the Microsoft error box is displayed on the desktop, which reads "c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe is not a valid win 32 application". I had begun to trim my files prior to the latest error message, as I was having some difficulty opening the Inbox periodically, probably due to low memory and/or disk space, as indicated on screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 & Internet Tools, but the situation remains unchanged. It would appear to ...

Getting AOL email on outlook
Help! I moved and converted my email from an adelphia POP3 account to AOL IMAP account and can't get my Outlook email to work. I continue to get messages that say I am not connected to an incoming server. I followed the AOL and Outlook directions explicitly to set up this email account. The error message I keep getting is 0x800CCCOE. I've tried everything to get this working. Sure it is something simple I am missing, but I am an HR guy and having trouble. Thanks, Mike Do you have the correct ports configured? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q191687 -- ...

Outlook 2002: Emails with Large attachments are sent many times
Whenever I send an email with an attachment that is greater than 1MB, it gets sent over and over again. The email stays in the Outbox and appears to not have been sent. But the recipients of the email receive the email many times. The send receive status box sends a message that the email was sent successfully but then reports an error sending. Whilst this looks like a worm virus it is not a virus. The problem does not occur with smaller email attachments. This problem occured at some point this year after either applying an automatic office or windows update. I'm running...

Outlook .exe error message
I get an error message stating outlook.exe has generated errors and will be shut down. Any ideas or help? Nope - not a clue. Providing some details would help however. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer sam <themahrco@aol.com> asked: | I get an error message stating | outlook.exe has generated errors and will be shut down. | Any ideas or help? ...

Outlook can't send emails
Whenever I try to send an email from outlook, success seems to be dependent on chance. Sometimes, Outlook will actually send the email. Othertimes, and most often, an undeliverable message simply appears immediately in the inbox. I can not figure out why. I use Yahoo as my email account. Thanks Make sure your servers are set up properly. Outgoing is SMTP.mail.yahoo.com and incomming is POP.mail.yahoo.com (capitilaized for emphasis) also make sure the "my server requires authentication" box is checked in the server tab of account setup. These instructions are nealy id...