OWA : invalid characters error message

Hi.

When a user attempts to change their password within OWA they receive
the following error message: "The specified user name contains invalid
characters". The message is displayed after they hit the submit
button, and it effects all users. I have googled, researched, looked
through newsgroups, ect... but I still have no idea what is causing
this. Suggestions, anyone?

Thank you,
Nick
0
celiac (1)

"Nick" <celiac@enkrypt.cotse.net> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> When a user attempts to change their password within OWA they receive
> the following error message: "The specified user name contains invalid
> characters". The message is displayed after they hit the submit
> button, and it effects all users. I have googled, researched, looked
> through newsgroups, ect... but I still have no idea what is causing
> this. Suggestions, anyone?
>
> Thank you,
> Nick

I'd guess that the error message is produced by the following check in
C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\iisadmpwd\achg.htr

function IsInvalidUsername(username)
 dim re
 set re = new RegExp
 ' list of invalid characters in a user name.
 re.Pattern = "[/\\""\[\]:<>\+=;,@]"
 IsInvalidUsername =  re.Test(username)
end function

So, does the username that you type in contain any of those characters
[/\\"\[\]:<>\+=;,@] ? Probably not, but that's the first thing to check.

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
email3469 (73)

http_403 error
This has been cross posted in the windows.sbs news group. Ok, I am going nuts here, can someone help me? I'm using Microsoft SBS 2003. I get a 403 error from any device trying to sync. I have checked all the VD's and they seem fine. Here is the IIS log: 2005-08-23 02:57:07 203.79.110.126 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=neill&DeviceId=B77507360000000108000050BF3F5173&DeviceType=PocketPC 80 - 166.179.17.182 Microsoft-PocketPC/3.0 401 2 2148074254 2005-08-23 02:57:09 203.79.110.126 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=neill&DeviceId=B77507360000000108000050B...

OWA and IIS Lockdown
Hello all - I am running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 box. I am wondering if running the Microsoft IIS lockdown tool to secure the server will effect Outlook Web Access. Our top executive uses web access to get his mail and I would hate to run the lockdown tool and have it screw up accessing his mail. Thanks! -joe http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309508 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309677 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Joe Williams" <TheJoeMan@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:uksl0IwzDHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.p...

Outlook Express message links all dead!
Incoming mail contains blue underlined links. Pointing to them produces the "hand" icon, but clicking does absolutely nothing. Is there a setting I'm missing that prevents activating links? Something else? Hi Greg The article is about an error message and outlook, but maybe it could solve your problem, too! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "GregS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:609101c474f3$4327c010$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Incoming mail contains blue underlined links. ...

OWA not finishing loading messages
I am using SBS 2003. OWA has been working correctly for days (a miracle in itself, I think :-) ) Today, we have the same problem on all machines inside or outside the LAN. We get the message "Loading..." and no messages show up on the Outlook desktop. If I switch to Calendar, I get "Updating view..." forever If I switch to Contact, I get "loading..." forever. We enabled new virus scanning software: TREND MICRO Office Scan, and wonder if that could be a problem? - Frank Frank Rudolph wrote: > I am using SBS 2003. OWA has been working correctly for days (a &g...

Encryption error
When I open Money 2004 I get the following error "Unable to encrypt data at the required level" Tells me to go to a site and install some security updates, which I did. I have all the latest patches and updates (except XPSP2, it sucks). Have latest IE 6 with SP1 and latest encryption pack. Help! In microsoft.public.money, "Encryption error..." <Encryption error...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I open Money 2004 I get the following error > >"Unable to encrypt data at the required level" > >Tells me to go to a site and install so...

Circular Reference Error
Can anyone see what would be causing me to get a circular reference error??? Thanks! SELECT [BartS1Report].Customer_ID, [BartS1Report].Customer, [BartS1Report].Service_Address, [BartS1Report].Employee, [BartS1Report].Manager, [BartS1Report].Type_of_System, [BartS1Report].Raw_Water, [BartS1Report].Treated_Water, [BartS1Report].Cycles, [BartS1Report].Inhibitor_Level, [BartS1Report].Range_1, [BartS1Report].Range_2, [BartS1Report].Range_3, [BartS1Report].Range_4, [BartS1Report].Range_5, ((SELECT Sum([XX].[ZZZ]) FROM [BartS1Report] AS [XX] WHERE [BartS1Report].Customer_ID & ...

How can I list active OWA users
We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance MikeC MikeC <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list >the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Use WMI? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: ma...

Cannot open PDF in OWA
Users can't open PDF or other attachments when using OWA. Is this by design or am I missing something in administering our SBS 2003 server? Hi, Is this the errors you experience? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812935/en-us Leif "jeckert" <jeckert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBD8ED6D-233F-4F85-8048-B73427FE711E@microsoft.com... > Users can't open PDF or other attachments when using OWA. Is this by > design > or am I missing something in administering our SBS 2003 server? Leif, No error is given. IE reports that the page is done...

Autofill Error
Hi, I need a macro to autofill COLUMN A with a word say YES until the last row found in COLUMN B. Right now I have the ff codes: Sheets("VOUCHER - STEP 2").Select Range("A5").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "DEBIT" With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=5).Font .Name = "Arial" .FontStyle = "Regular" .Size = 8 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = False .OutlineFont = False .Shadow = False .Underline = xlUnderlineSt...

replace invalid xml characters
I know that System.Security.SecurityElement.Escape() will replace invalid xml chars with valid equivalent ... But is there another method to accomplish same that is "closer to home" ? * John A Grandy wrote: > I know that System.Security.SecurityElement.Escape() will replace invalid > xml chars with valid equivalent ... > > But is there another method to accomplish same that is "closer to home" ? > > I usually use the stream editor "sed" for this type of stuff. John A Grandy wrote: > I know that System.Security.SecurityElement.E...

Export all header information from Inbox messages
Hi I received a lot of undeliverable error messages in my Inbox and I want to be able to flag those addresses as invalid. The only way to see the address is to view the header of each message. What I'm looking for is to be able to export all the header information for all those messages to a file that I can use to update my database. Is it possible? I'm using Outlook 2003 Thanks Josep ...

Mail error
I have been using outlook for a week and it was working fine all of a sudden i cannot retreive any emails, i can send but not receieve in outlook. i have a Hotmail plus account the service status in oultook says Mail: error Calender: connected Contact: connected can you help me with that?? ...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

"Your message....was read"
I've got a user who claims that every time she sends a message to a particular group of people (about 20), she always gets a read receipt email from somebody it wasn't sent to. I've checked all the recipients mailboxes and i can't find any rules or delegate access that would account for this. I tracked the message on the Exchange server (2000/SP3) and the only thing it shows is that she definitely sent the message and the unintended recipient definitely received it. Based on the tracking info it looks like she intended to send him the message, but looking at the email direct...

Outlook errors #4
Since upgrading to outlook 2003 I cannot view any items in the sent folder. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but get the same error- "outlook has encounted an error and will close" I can view the sent items via OWA, so I know they exist. I have also tried setting up the account on a different pc. Any help would be very helpful. Have you tried a new mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...

"Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet throws "not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file" error.
Hi, I am trying to use "Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet to fetch "File Share Witness" property of CCR cluster. But when I run this command no "Exchange Management Shell" I am getting "The term 'Get- ClusterResource' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again." error. Any idea why I am getting this error? Do I need to add any "PSSnapin" via Add-PSSnapin cmdlet ? If so which one it is? Basically I am not able to run any of the cluster related GET cmdlets on Exchange Managem...

E2k3: An ambiguous SMTP proxy SystemMailbox error 9549
I get this message a few times a day and the best I can figure is I have two mailboxes found in the Exchange System Manager with the same string of characters in their names. SMTP (SERVER1-{A643FE61-xxxx-4B74-B902-280BFB58699B}) SystemMailbox{A643FE61-xxxx-4B74-B902-280BFB58699B} However this condition is identical on two exchange servers (slightly different numbers) but only one exchange server is getting the error. Any ideas? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9549 Date: 1/9/2005 Time: 2:28:44 PM User: N/A Computer: SERVFL01 Description: An...

Delegate marks messages as read
Hello everybody, I have the following problem: I configured an Exchange 2003 mailbox on Outlook 2003. On another client I configured (alway on Outlook 2003) a delegate who reads his mailbox and my mailbox. The problem is that when he reads my messages he marks them as read, and unfortunatly this messages are displayed as read on my outlook too. As a result I cannot distinguish which messages are new to me. Is there a way to avoid it? Thanks ...

Error sending email and editing email's body
I have the following function Private Sub SendEmail_Click() Dim strSubject As String Dim strEmailList As String Dim strMessage As String Dim strMessage2 As String On Error GoTo Err_SendEmail_Click strSubject = "Please investigate" & " " & [Ticket #] strEmailList = "JohnDoe@emailaddess.com " strMessage = Me.Text_Description strMessage2 = "Assign to:" DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatRTF, strEmailList, , , strSubject, strMessage, strMessage2 Exit_SendEmail_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendEmail_Click: ...

Error when drawing grid, grid lines a bit too short
Hello, as I've mentioned in some other post I'm making a simple "Game of Life" with a small, fixed-sized grid. Anyway, the function I used for drawing the actual grid was written ages ago when doing some pure Win32 programming and it was full of magic numbers, assuming a 16*16 grid. I tried to rewrite it without magic numbers and to take the actual size into consideration. Right now each cell in the grid is 20*20 and I have horizontal and vertical bars that are four pixels wide. The x and y offset is 20 pixels. Hope I explained it properly, here's the code: voi...

Unknown programming error. Error={0x80020009]
When replying to or forwarding emails I keep receiving this error message: Unknown programming error. Error={0x80020009] I am using Outlook 2000, Windows XP. ...

Dexterity runtime error #2
I'm trying to setup a new client for dynamics. I have setup ODBC and copied over the files but when I click on the shortcut I get a dexterity runtime error You do not have permission to open this file. Help? Melissa I am sure this is something you have already checked, but I thought it was worth asking. Did you happen to check the file permissions where you copied the files to? I wonder if the client is not able to open one of the dictionaries. "melissa" wrote: > I'm trying to setup a new client for dynamics. I have setup ODBC and copied > over the files but...

How do I set up MSN account and yahoo, it keeps saying error.
I have tried everything and it keeps saying server not available? please help. misty <misty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried everything and it keeps saying server not available? > please help. MSN's and Yahoo's Help pages contain the details. -- Brian Tillman With Misty being as vague as she was in the problem statement, how can you be sure, Brian, that the help she needs is in the help pages? "misty" <misty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54858363-0A1B-4FAF-8B6B-AD5B0C824BFD@microsoft.com... >I have tried every...

mail error
There is someone trying to send email to a person set up to my exchange server, but a NDR is generated with an error saying that my exchange server closes the SMTP connection from the person sending the email. I will paste the error log below, can someone look at this and tell me why my server is bloking email from this person by closing the connection. Thank you in advance Thomas > --- Session Transcript --- > Mon 2004-08-16 10:44:05: Parsing Message <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\pd50000224527.msg> > Mon 2004-08-16 10:44:05: From: someone@OtherDomain.com > Mon 2004-08-16 ...

Visual Basic System Error-Userform
When attempting the use a userForm I receive the following error: System Error &H80070057(-2147024809). The Parameter is incorrect I also receive this error when I attempt to insert a new user Form. The code of the Form should be correct as I have used it in the past. The only programs that I have installed recently are the normal window updates including the new version of Windows Media player. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Problem solved by using the office install/repair. "GENEF" wrote: > When attempting the use a userForm I receive the following ...