OWA IIS HAnG

Dear Experts.

I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80 clients
connecting to the web server.

almost every hour the World wide web publishing services hang and I have to
reboot the server. The IIS services cannot be controlled. I have installed
the IISRecycle tool, but this is not an option.

anyone have a solution?

kind regards

Evert

0
evert1 (8)

Any OUtlook 2003 clients?

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:18:20 +0200, "E. van Zanten"
<evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote:

>Dear Experts.
>
>I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80 clients
>connecting to the web server.
>
>almost every hour the World wide web publishing services hang and I have to
>reboot the server. The IIS services cannot be controlled. I have installed
>the IISRecycle tool, but this is not an option.
>
>anyone have a solution?
>
>kind regards
>
>Evert

0
adavid (8731)
4/4/2005 11:44:18 PM
I am having the same problem with similar environments, Exchange 5.5 in both,
one runing NT 4 and the other running 2000 Server. In both OWA hangs, the
service is unavailable to control and only a reboot temporarilly solves the
issue.
Yes, there are Outlook 2003 clients on the network.

I posted this similar issue several days ago and received no reply and would
greatly
appreciate some help.

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> Any OUtlook 2003 clients?
>

> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:18:20 +0200, "E. van Zanten"
> <evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote:
>
> >Dear Experts.
> >
> >I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80 clients
> >connecting to the web server.
> >
> >almost every hour the World wide web publishing services hang and I have to
> >reboot the server. The IIS services cannot be controlled. I have installed
> >the IISRecycle tool, but this is not an option.
> >
> >anyone have a solution?
> >
> >kind regards
> >
> >Evert

0
celticmcse (22)
4/5/2005 1:01:02 AM
I have a simple workaround what helped for me. I installed the outlook web
access+sp4 on a XP workstation and the users are connecting to the xp
machine. So the users can work and I have some air to solve the problem.
don't install language packs on the XP system.

I installed all service packs for exchange. when i now connect to the owa on
the server I see service pack 5 for exchange installed. :-s

I don't have any 2003 clients.

regards,

Evert

"celticmcse" <celticmcse@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>I am having the same problem with similar environments, Exchange 5.5 in
>both,
> one runing NT 4 and the other running 2000 Server. In both OWA hangs, the
> service is unavailable to control and only a reboot temporarilly solves
> the
> issue.
> Yes, there are Outlook 2003 clients on the network.
>
> I posted this similar issue several days ago and received no reply and
> would
> greatly
> appreciate some help.
>

> "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> Any OUtlook 2003 clients?
>>

>> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:18:20 +0200, "E. van Zanten"
>> <evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote:
>>
>> >Dear Experts.
>> >
>> >I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80
>> >clients
>> >connecting to the web server.
>> >
>> >almost every hour the World wide web publishing services hang and I have
>> >reboot the server. The IIS services cannot be controlled. I have
>> >installed
>> >the IISRecycle tool, but this is not an option.
>> >
>> >anyone have a solution?
>> >
>> >kind regards
>> >
>> >Evert

0
evert1 (8)
4/5/2005 9:56:41 AM
Nope, no 2003 clients

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> schreef
in bericht news:7ak35198sv7nfqv4o5e7ttnifugdu2ovei@4ax.com...
> Any OUtlook 2003 clients?
>

> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:18:20 +0200, "E. van Zanten"
> <evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote:
>
>>Dear Experts.
>>
>>I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80 clients
>>connecting to the web server.
>>
>>almost every hour the World wide web publishing services hang and I have
>>reboot the server. The IIS services cannot be controlled. I have installed
>>the IISRecycle tool, but this is not an option.
>>
>>anyone have a solution?
>>
>>kind regards
>>
>>Evert

0
evert1 (8)
4/5/2005 9:58:18 AM
Is there any other role for this server except exchange?

"E. van Zanten" <evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote in message
> Dear Experts.
>
> I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80 clients
> connecting to the web server.
>
> almost every hour the World wide web publishing services hang and I have
> reboot the server. The IIS services cannot be controlled. I have installed
> the IISRecycle tool, but this is not an option.
>
> anyone have a solution?
>
> kind regards
>
> Evert

alexc7217 (22)
4/6/2005 12:15:29 AM
No, only Exchange server...

"AlexC" <alexc@yourgoal.com> schreef in bericht
> Is there any other role for this server except exchange?
>

> "E. van Zanten" <evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote in message
>> Dear Experts.
>>
>> I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80
>> clients
>> connecting to the web server.
>>
>> almost every hour the World wide web publishing services hang and I have
>> reboot the server. The IIS services cannot be controlled. I have
>> installed
>> the IISRecycle tool, but this is not an option.
>>
>> anyone have a solution?
>>
>> kind regards
>>
>> Evert

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

0
evert1 (8)
4/6/2005 8:37:24 AM
Do you have all patches and service packs installed for Win2k and Exchnage ?

> No, only Exchange server...
>

> "AlexC" <alexc@yourgoal.com> schreef in bericht
>> Is there any other role for this server except exchange?
>>

>> "E. van Zanten" <evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote in message
>>> Dear Experts.
>>>
>>> I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80
>>> clients
>>> connecting to the web server.
>>>
>>> almost every hour the World wide web publishing services hang and I have
>>> reboot the server. The IIS services cannot be controlled. I have
>>> installed
>>> the IISRecycle tool, but this is not an option.
>>>
>>> anyone have a solution?
>>>
>>> kind regards
>>>
>>> Evert

>> News==----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
>> Newsgroups
>> =----

0
alexc7217 (22)
4/6/2005 3:24:52 PM
Yep.. and I also installed all the patches for IIS as well

"AlexC" <alexc@yourgoal.com> schreef in bericht news:4253fd00_3@127.0.0.1...
> Do you have all patches and service packs installed for Win2k and Exchnage
> ?
>

> "E. van Zanten" <evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote in message
>> No, only Exchange server...
>>

>> "AlexC" <alexc@yourgoal.com> schreef in bericht
>>> Is there any other role for this server except exchange?
>>>

>>> "E. van Zanten" <evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote in message

>>> News==----
>>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
>>> Newsgroups
>>> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
>>> =----

0
evert1 (8)
4/7/2005 6:35:22 AM
any events logged in event viewer?

0
jgiannone (1)

Outlook hangs up or very slow start
The Outlook flash screen apooears and then there is a terrific long delay if or when it starts. I am using Windows XP, Outlook 2002. Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples [...

OWA username missing one character.
I got a very strange thing that when a user want to change password through OWA, he need to enter domain, username, old and new password. But for username textbox, one character of user's name is missing. For example, if the username is ivan, it only display "van" , "i" is missing, user need to re-type his username and change password function is worked. But Why it happened? ...

new 2003 server/exchange owa issue
So I built a new 2003 server, and installed exchange. Moved everyone over to the new exchange server and all is well. When I try accessing the new server via I.E. I get nothing. When I access the old server via I.E. I'm prompted to login , and all is good. How do I get the new server to accept OWA requests? My last step... thanks! Sean Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327843 "Sean Branam" <sbranam@coronado.k12.ca.us> wrote in message news:u1SiPZ6OFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > So I built a new 2003 server, and installed exchange. > Moved everyone...

Exchange IIS Property starting point
Hi, I have a problem when acessing owa. When i try to access it using http://webmail.company.com/exchange, it always come to 404 page cannot be displayed. if i access http://webmail.company.com, it opens website under construction As i looked through the IIS configuration. I notes that the Exchange under default website doesn't have a globe icon, it starting point is <defaultwebsite>\exchange. Does this configuration allright? How can i change this. I already recreate the OWA related virtual directory. Regards Tommy How did you "recreate the OWA related virtual director...

OWA reply/forward message body not loading
I am using MS Windows XP-Pro at work with all the latest updates and I also use Outlook Web Access for company email. For some reason the reply and forwarding function in OWA has stopped functioning properly. I can read the original email sent to me but when I want to reply the page loads but the actual frame to type in does not appear. It just loads a small square rectangle with a red "x" in it. As you would see when a certain picture file is not recognized. The rest of the reply email functions fine though. I see the recipients and attachment button etc. but no message bo...

OWA #12
When accessing OWA folders a Loading messaging hangs and I can not access the items in the folder ...

Exchange/OWA 2010 icons?
How do I obtain the icon library for the Exchange Management console and OWA 2010? I am creating training materials for a complimentary product and would like to use the actual .ico (or whatever) files, rather than taking screen captures. For example, I have the icon for the Exchange 2007 Management console, but the 2010 version is now orange, rather than the previous red and gray. Thank you for any information or pointers! "TLKSym" <TLKSym@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1FEA1FD-69CE-46F8-A629-24882649601D@microsoft.com... > How do I o...

OWA login failure
Hello, I upgraded an Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2K server. I can't login via OWA with any account OTHER than the administrator. I've added users to the Domain Admin, Administrator Groups, given local logon rights etc. It has the latest OS & Exchange updates, patches etc. I've rebooted the server many times. Any help would be appreciated. Keith kman@kwss.com Try this for starters: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327843 You don't need the Log on Locally right for E2k OWA. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeb...

Changing Sent Items view in OWA 5.5
Does anyone know how to change the Sent Items view in OWA 5.5 so that it shows who the user sent to rather than who the sender was? thanks ...

OWA #7
Is there a way to configure IIS so that a user could just type in http://host.domain.com and be transfered to http://host.domain.com/exchange with out typing in the virtual directory "exchange"? I also cannot find the root of the /exchange directory. It is listed as "\\.\BackOfficeStorage\company.com\MBX" If i knew where this was, i could just redirect to a file there. ...

OWA 2003 Reading Pane
I am unable to see the message body in the reading pane through OWA 2003. It shows the To: cc: etc information, but not the message body. Any ideas on what would cause this? I have tested this on multiple user accounts and from multiple workstations and they are all having the problem Thank you try cleaning out the C:\WINDOWS\IIS Temporary Compressed Files\ folder.. it seems to work for me.. "Lexiter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B30CC916-4E89-4218-B328-926C7B51C61F@microsoft.com... > I am unable to see the message body in the reading pa...

IIS logs, time taken, substatus and ASP.Net
Hi... I've been doing some log analysis from one of our websites and I'm seeing some peculiar things. Specifically, I'm seeing that the time-taken column for some requests is running into multiple minutes, sometimes as high as 20 minutes - obviously far outside the limit of the ASP.Net timeout limit. My presumptions on why/how this is happening boil down to bad network connections to the client - lots of packet resends. ASP.Net hands off the bytes to IIS for transmission but who knows how long that will take? Either a patchy network or a patchy client or an i...

Extra OWA Themes, have fun
Here are some extra themes for OWA 2003: http://www.exor-it.nl/themes.zip Read included Readme.txt and have fun. -- Regards, Menko den Ouden MCP 2003,MCSE 2000, MCSE NT4+I Netherlands On Wed, 25 May 2005 07:30:34 +0200, "Menko den Ouden" <menko@exor-it.nl.NO_SPAM> wrote: >Here are some extra themes for OWA 2003: > >http://www.exor-it.nl/themes.zip > >Read included Readme.txt and have fun. And really nice they are too, although the Pink looks a bit too oppressive! "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<lk9891hftmsu...

Vista Hanging At Least 5 Times A Day
I have posted in some detail on this issue here last week <Message-ID: Xns9D5C75FA45DEFUVAA@207.46.248.16> I actually have more information now. 1. As I probably described last week, the eventual or creeping system hang begins with one application going non-responsive. Activating another application window, either by task bar or by direct clicking, makes that application nonresponsive. Then clicking on another application makes that nonresponse. Often clicking on the Start menu makes it appear and then lock, or sometimes it does not appear at all. 2. The multi-ap...

OWA 5.5 error message
Hello, I have an OWA 5.5 server running on windows 2000 server, mailbox server resides on a different server, exchange 5.5 on win2k. Exchange has multiple sites. My problem: when somebody tries to logon to webmail from a different domain (trusted) than the one with OWA they get :There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request and OWA logs event id: 100, source: w3svc with the message: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. The data is the error code. Could somebody help, please? P.S. Users logon using domain\username for...

Logoff Error in Exchange 2003 OWA
When our users attempt to logoff of Exchange 2003 OWA, they get a page could not be diaplayed error and it does not actually log them off. I found an old article regarding this issue on Exchange 2000 but it doesn't seem to apply here. It had to do with "fixing" the Exchweb/bin directory in IIS. Any suggestions? ...

Something about OWA HTML Filter
When somebody send me a email with html code,such as 'form action="......commit.php" method="post" ',the OWA clear the contents of action and method automaticly.Microsoft outlook can read this mail normally.But I DO need read this html mail in OWA.I try to modified the FilterWebBeacons registry value ,but seems ineffective.Does anyone can help me?Thanks. ...

Outlook hangs upon opening #2
I have Outlook XP running with an Exchange 2003 mailbox. When I first open the outlook program, it takes a while to finally show my inbox. I am using Windows XP2 and Office XP w/ Exchange 2003, is there a page or window size issue? thanks ...

OWA
Hello, Messages with cyrillic text via OWA to a destination outside the domain are received with question marks instead of the cyrillic text. We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise on W2K3 with ISA 2004 as proxy. Under Exchange 2000, we did not have this problem, but after migrating to 2003, the problem started. Are there language settings that need to be configured on the Exchange server or ISA server? Thanks useregionalcharset http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830827/en-us "landoa" <landoa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46760711-053D-46DA-821A-F...

Outlook links seem to hang
Dear community, I'm running Win2K with all the latest patches and service packs. I also recently installed a wireless network card, 802.11 G. Browsing and Email seem to be working fine except for one issue: links in Outlook do not work. When I click on a link, Outlook hangs or blocks for half a minute and then returns without opening up the link. Any ideas? Thank-you. Steve Steve Wagner said the following on 3/12/2005 11:17 PM: > I'm running Win2K with all the latest patches and service packs. I also > recently installed a wireless network card, 802.11 G. Browsing and Ema...

How do you edit the main Exchange 2003 OWA title page?
Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to edit the title of the Exchange 2003 Outlook Web Access pages (this is the main OWA page title)? I have found the logon.asp and logoff.asp pages and changed the wording and titles on these, but I can't find the main Exchange 2003 OWA page to edit. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance Ste It be under C:\inetpub\wwwroot/ You can edit it with frontpage "Ste" <stephenbrandley@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23WLcYn8NGHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can anyone please tell me how to edit the ti...

Unbale changing password from OWA
Hi, Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of the users i am unable to change password from OWA giving error 2147023569. My certificate has expired. How can i resole this problem. Regards Darshan -- Thanks and Regards Darshan Diora System Administrator Infrasoft Technologies Limited 6th Floor, A Wing, Trade Star Building, Andheri-Kurla Road, Andheri (E), Mumbai - 400 059. INDIA Tel: 00 91-22 5649 2222 Fax: 00 91-22 5649 2233 Website: www.infrasofttech.com About Infrasoft Technologies : Infrasoft Technologies is a dedicated software company for the Banking & Finance Industry...

outlook 2003 hangs on opening folders
-- bimbola ...

OWA and exchange 2003
We've been using OWA and exchange 2000 to display emails and other documents from public folders on our intranet. After upgrading to 2003 we are getting the 403-Forbidden message. We can look at emails and then open attachments separately, but if an attachment is sitting in a folder it will not open. Thanks for any help. ...

OWA died
Strange things are happening here. A while back, I stopped my smtp virtual server. A month or two later, I turn it back on and it doesn't work. At this point, I have gotten exchange running and Outlook is happy again. I can access OWA internally. I can't access OWA from the outside. I get the following error: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I've dug around the typical websites and the most common fixes aren't working. I need some help, lol. I just bought 3 exchange books...